Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

FCKGW posted:

Yeah i'm not too upset about it. We're a small but fast-growing city that's running out of free land and our neighbour city is expanding super fast so our city needs to lock some big names to the last remaining parcels in the city or they will literally build across the street in another town that's 4x our size and we see none of the long-term tax benefits.

You're going to get annexed. Went to Costs and bought whisky, chocolate, and eggs. Got a dog of course. PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

GBoat posted:

Hello there, Costco EXECUTIVE MEMBER™ here, checking in to say that I have scoured the earth from end to end searching for great deals. I am happy to report that the Costco Hot Dog and a Drink combo for one and a half United States Dollars remains the greatest deal on this planet.

Really? Because I pay one and a half Canadian Dollars for the same, which comes out to $1.20 USD (or $1.38 USD after tax).

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Pretty sure Canadian currency still has the Queen on it. So you're really paying with British money.

GBoat
Dec 4, 2008

Phylodox posted:

Really? Because I pay one and a half Canadian Dollars for the same, which comes out to $1.20 USD (or $1.38 USD after tax).

Sorry the rest of the world isn't privy to your SOCIALIZED HOT DOG SUBSIDIES.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Halloween candy is 16 dollars a bag for the good poo poo

Goddamn it why is it so expensive

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
A rookie mistake! I removed frozen tilapia to my cart before finding the Ferrero Rocher. Before long, I was more worried about fishy trimethylamines than delicious chocolate and hazelnuts and abandoned the venture.

But of course, the fault lies not in our aisles but in our carts. PBUC

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

GBoat posted:

Hello there, Costco EXECUTIVE MEMBER™ here, checking in to say that I have scoured the earth from end to end searching for great deals. I am happy to report that the Costco Hot Dog and a Drink combo for one and a half United States Dollars remains the greatest deal on this planet.

Drink combo WITH refill

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
With refill, PBUC

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Don't forget the free onion salad!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Hambulance posted:

My local butcher is actually cheaper than Costco on most meats. I get delicious ribeye cap for $6.99 a pound while the 'co wants $18.99. I've gotten similar deals on brisket, while pork shoulder is always cheaper at Costco.

The difference might be between Prime and Choice. Prime meat is MUCH more expensive... but in my opinion you can very much taste the difference.

That being said, I just get the cheaper NY Strip Loins at $6 per pound, because that's usually good enough for my simple taste.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Got a tub of ghee (clarified butter) the other day. If you like to cook steak on a stove, I'd recommend—none of the milk solids, so it doesn't burn.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Went to the Co, got a few things including a Sherpa Queen Size Blanket and of course a Dog & Ice Water (no refill).

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Stopped by the nearest Costco with a gas station. It was $0.15 cheaper per litre than anywhere else. PBUC

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Gas at Costco the other day was a full 30 cents cheaper than the station by my house, which is already a few cents+ cheaper than just about everywhere else I travel in the city.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Gas is usually 40-50 cents cheaper in atlanta, right now only about 20 cents though :(

I just discovered a new miracle this night friends, 16 things of tic-tacs for 6 bucks. PBUC!!!!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

This guy is awesome.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Gas is usually 40-50 cents cheaper in atlanta, right now only about 20 cents though :(

It blows. It wasn't always so lovely, just since Texas got hosed. I've been waiting for gas prices to get back to normal.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Costco starts offering same-day grocery delivery

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I bought some Bakers shelving units from the Co, they are the same thing as ones I got from Sam's club a few years ago. These don't have the plastic sheet liners for the shelves that the others had. I need 2 more and I am going to have to buy them from Sam's because I need the liners...

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Yeah that's just Instacart. The cool part is you don't need a membership and can pay with any card, so if you don't go often it's pretty good.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Costco is testing a way to skirt around the law that sets how cheaply they can sell gas. It's only in Rochester Minnesota right now.

Pay for your gas, take your receipt inside and get 25 cents off your groceries for each gallon you purchased.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Does anyone else here never get Costco gas because it's a madhouse? I swear every time I pass by the Costco gas there's a line stretching into the street and it's probably a good 10+ minuet wait at least.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Does anyone else here never get Costco gas because it's a madhouse? I swear every time I pass by the Costco gas there's a line stretching into the street and it's probably a good 10+ minuet wait at least.

Go late in the day on a weekday. I used to skip the gas because of the lines, but it's so cheap and I've never had to wait more than a few minutes.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Granted the store I frequent is less than two years old, but I've never had to wait for gas.

Even at 10 AM on a Saturday (friend was throwing a birthday party and needed to go shopping at the last minute) it was only moderately busy and we didn't wait longer than 10 minutes in the checkout line.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Trastion posted:

I bought some Bakers shelving units from the Co, they are the same thing as ones I got from Sam's club a few years ago. These don't have the plastic sheet liners for the shelves that the others had. I need 2 more and I am going to have to buy them from Sam's because I need the liners...

Check out Home Depot/Lowe's/Ikea/anywhere for the liners, they should be available just about anywhere.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The mochi ice cream balls are extremely good.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

FCKGW posted:

The Costco gas station near me is loving terrible because of the traffic pattern, and I avoid it as much as possible. Not only is it busy, but the line of cars leaving exit into the line of waiting cars (because the line is always backed up into the road.)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

Eh, my goto time for Costco is like 30 minutes befor eopening, so I show up 9:30 on Sunday and its not bad since it opens early and then I'm just killing time for doors to pop. But otherwise, yeah I don't bother. They were doing some renovation on it a month or so ago and holly poo poo it was bad.

Personally for how little I drive (weekend warrior ftw), and the company car is a Prius so MPG is pretty good, it doesn't make a tangible difference whether I pay $2.75 or $3.05 for the most part and not worth the wait and hassle vs just convenience of topping off at the nearest available station.

If I was a regular car-commuter, then yeah maybe but I also only hit up Costco 1-2x a month anyways and not worth going out of the way. I think it'd have to have stars align with both a relatively close Costco (either direct route on the way to/from home), relatively unbusy Costco (lol), and commute in a poo poo 25MPG car for many miles everday for it to be worth it consistently and make an appreciable difference

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Tried to go at 6:15 today. Rookie move. I guess the dogs ain't eating tonight

naem
May 29, 2011

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Tried to go at 6:15 today. Rookie move. I guess the dogs ain't eating tonight

Feed dogs to teh dogs

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

[quote="“Mnemosyne”" post="“477157530”"]
The Costco gas station near me is loving terrible because of the traffic pattern, and I avoid it as much as possible. Not only is it busy, but the line of cars leaving exit into the line of waiting cars (because the line is always backed up into the road.)

[/quote]

Lol this is the exact Tustin Costco I'm taking about that I pass every day. Maybe it's just that particular one that's a disaster.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Check out Home Depot/Lowe's/Ikea/anywhere for the liners, they should be available just about anywhere.

I bought them at Sam's Club. And they were also $89 instead of $129 that the ones from Costco were. They are the exact same shelves except the Costco ones don't have the liners.

I will probably hit up Lowe's to grab liners for the 2 that didn't come with any but that just means that the Costco ones are costing me even more...

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Trastion posted:

I bought them at Sam's Club. And they were also $89 instead of $129 that the ones from Costco were. They are the exact same shelves except the Costco ones don't have the liners.

I will probably hit up Lowe's to grab liners for the 2 that didn't come with any but that just means that the Costco ones are costing me even more...

Good thing Costco has an incredible return policy, and you should see if they're willing to price match as well!

Maybe even get a 1/4lb hot dog and a 20oz drink (with a free refill!) for just $1.50 while you're there!

PBUC

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Costco only sells pre-trimmed celery for $4.50 :mad: it's like $1.50 for a big bunch / stalk at the grocery store.

The celery is delicious, tho.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Welp, two months ago I bought my wife a fancy vase on sale (camelcamelcamel verified) on Amazon for our anniversary, and here it is at Costco now for $40 less.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

FCKGW posted:

Lol this is the exact Tustin Costco I'm taking about that I pass every day. Maybe it's just that particular one that's a disaster.

I go to this Costco because they put the gas station across the street from the rest of Costco so all the lovely traffic gets stuck over there instead of flooding the whole parking lot.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DNK posted:

Costco only sells pre-trimmed celery for $4.50 :mad: it's like $1.50 for a big bunch / stalk at the grocery store.

The celery is delicious, tho.

The celery is awesome for the first few days, but unless you eat it within 4-6 days it gets really bitter.

naem
May 29, 2011

There isn't a food item that can't be enhanced with celery/carrots/onions diced and sautéed lightly with a little oil in a pan

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Anyone ever buy an office chair from the Co? The floor mat I got there was good, wondering what their chair selection is like in terms of quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

naem posted:

There isn't a food item that can't be enhanced with celery/carrots/onions diced and sautéed lightly with a little oil in a pan

Grilled cheese sandwich.