Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

raditts posted:

There was a period of time in the early-mid 2000s where Pizza Hut would give you free movies with your pizza for some reason. I still have a DVD of Jackie Chan's First Strike that I got with a pizza in college.

I think another chain did that too, not sure if it was Papa John's or Papa Murphy's but I ended up with a DVD copy of Agent Cody Banks that came with a Pizza.

Beastie posted:

I assume the Pepsi ad is desperate attempt to get people to associate pizza and soda. Almost no one (comparatively) buys soda these days and it's even worse in Chicago where buying a 12 pack gets another $1.80 tacked on.

I still buy soda when I can, which is less and less nowadays since 12-packs have become $5-6 for absolutely no reason, so I only buy bottles or when its on sale. Though when Pepsi pulls stupid stunts like halving the sugar content in their newer Mountain Dew varieties (Like White/Green Label or any new Game Fuels.) I feel like they're trying to push people away since they replace it with that Splenda poo poo they cram in all their diet drinks, so they taste like some nasty concoction.

Coke doesn't do that but they don't ever seem to go on sale enough and I only drink Vanilla from them anyway.

The only one consistently good is A&W and I think 7up (I don't remember if Dr Pepper is under their listing or if Pepsi bottles it up here) since they're usually $3 or less. Anything past that and you hit the store brands and they all taste funky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

We bought this. You can still find the music online (which I did recently). It...doesn't hold up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cup of Hemlock posted:

We bought this. You can still find the music online (which I did recently). It...doesn't hold up.

The 90s were a hell of a drug.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I just saw a commercial with goddamn Lou Bega in it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Olive! posted:

I just saw a commercial with goddamn Lou Bega in it.

Holy poo poo, what for?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Oh my god I saw it too. It literally said "Lou Bega, Mambo #5 Guy" on the screen. I can't remember what it was for though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I still buy soda when I can, which is less and less nowadays since 12-packs have become $5-6 for absolutely no reason, so I only buy bottles or when its on sale. Though when Pepsi pulls stupid stunts like halving the sugar content in their newer Mountain Dew varieties (Like White/Green Label or any new Game Fuels.) I feel like they're trying to push people away since they replace it with that Splenda poo poo they cram in all their diet drinks, so they taste like some nasty concoction.

Coke doesn't do that but they don't ever seem to go on sale enough and I only drink Vanilla from them anyway.

The only one consistently good is A&W and I think 7up (I don't remember if Dr Pepper is under their listing or if Pepsi bottles it up here) since they're usually $3 or less. Anything past that and you hit the store brands and they all taste funky.

I buy a 12 pack of soda every 12 work days. I like to keep it in my desk and have one with lunch, that's literally all the soda I drink anymore.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Mahoning posted:

Oh my god I saw it too. It literally said "Lou Bega, Mambo #5 Guy" on the screen. I can't remember what it was for though.

im not 100% but i think it was for some old people poo poo

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Should a been a Buffet if Lou Bega

It's time for HELPING #5!
~A little bit of shrimp to start me off...
A little bit of green with a Spinach Puff~

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Parachute posted:

im not 100% but i think it was for some old people poo poo

You're right, I think it was either Anthem, or United Healthcare or something like that. Like WHAT ON EARTH were you thinking when nobody over the age of 40 knows who the hell Lou Bega is, and more than 50% of people under 40 probably don't know either.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Gonz posted:

There are two different commercials for a testosterone suppliment called Nugenix on TV, and both of them feature former MLB All Star Frank Thomas, and they're inundating every single channel on TV for the last 7-10 days.

I pray for death.

That reminds me that there are two Symbicort ads that are the exact same, but they replaced the actors:

First one:
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AhO4/symbicort-wolf-huff-and-puff

Second one:
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7CM2/symbicort-wolf

Edit: Holy poo poo, there's a third that's also identical:
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AAPS/symbicort-wolf-coloring-princesses

WTF? I'm genuinely confused why they'd pay to have 3 nearly identical commercials made.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

DrBouvenstein posted:

That reminds me that there are two Symbicort ads that are the exact same, but they replaced the actors:

First one:
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AhO4/symbicort-wolf-huff-and-puff

Second one:
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7CM2/symbicort-wolf

Edit: Holy poo poo, there's a third that's also identical:
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AAPS/symbicort-wolf-coloring-princesses

WTF? I'm genuinely confused why they'd pay to have 3 nearly identical commercials made.

Before I clicked on the links I assumed it was going to be your standard "normal", "urban" and "latin" versions but nope, all white people. That is drat odd.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mahoning posted:

IIRC it is for an annuity payment program.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC it is for an annuity payment program.

Yeah, here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsi0axRNmsw

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I think it's safe to assume that any ad with a minor pre-2000 celebrity is either an annuity payment program or a class-action medical suit.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
can't wait for the inevitable jg wentworth + omc commercial

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

SpacePig posted:

I think it's safe to assume that any ad with a minor pre-2000 celebrity is either an annuity payment program or a class-action medical suit.

Or adult diapers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL0YcJ54Afc

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The Halsey/Jeep commercial looks like she filmed a commercial for Maybelline and at the last second Jeep asked if they could have it instead.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

HAs anyone seen the "we found the 1964 Morgan Silver Dollar Commercial." It's hilarious bad with fact acting and trying to hit a weird demo because they talk about how Presidents and "desperados like Jesse James wanted silver dollars."

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Oh my God, Kay Jewelers just had a commercial that said

”hey guys, it's engagement season”

Are you loving kidding me

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doctor Butts posted:

There's deer, elk, and bear season. Is engagement season when you're legally allowed to shoot anyone making overly contrived proposals.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
There's a radio commercial for I don't even know what but it has a teacher who among other things, says "pop quiz tomorrow!" WELL THEN IT'S NOT A POP QUIZ, rear end in a top hat

Also how do you pay more than $3 for a 12-pack of soda, it's always on sale *somewhere*

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
When all the sales are crap like 3 for $12 it makes it harder to get it on sale.

Most places seem to keep products stuck at MSRP of $5.50 usually up here except for occasional weekends and its some heavy bullshit.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I got my seltzers for 2 bucks per 12 pack recently. Some had broken cans, though, since the sale only happened because a forklift operator knocked over most of their stock.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I got my seltzers for 2 bucks per 12 pack recently. Some had broken cans, though, since the sale only happened because a forklift operator knocked over most of their stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEDLGQ7qxwI

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RpmwqaxrwA

There's nothing technically wrong with this commercial, but the smugness pisses me off; not because I'm dedicated to cable, but because the 'knocking down a straw man' advertising strategy doesn't seem like a huge winner to me, even if more and more people are cutting the cord.

DirecTV isn't the only company with smug commercials. There's also the douche-y "ba-da-book" spokesman for Choice Hotels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz6NTCxDGLA

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Anyone missing the boner pill commercials during football yet? If I see one more "Dilly Dilly" Bud Light commercial, I'm going to go try and patent a new ED medication.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Anyone missing the boner pill commercials during football yet? If I see one more "Dilly Dilly" Bud Light commercial, I'm going to go try and patent a new ED medication.

That ad pisses me off so much because it perfectly encapsulates the loving awful mentality of your average Bud Light drinker. "Something different? UGH, gently caress you, let's torture this dude!"

Also, mead is delicious. :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Doctor Butts posted:

Engagement season has been a thing since the end of WWII. Almost 40% of all proposals happen in the last three months of the year. Probably driven by the popularity of summer weddings.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I assume engagements happen nowish because people are almost always surrounded by friends and families during the holidays.

This makes a seemingly ideal time to get engaged. Also I assume they want people taking their year end bonuses and dumping them on diamonds.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The canned margarita commercials with a disinterested narrator talking about how it's "going to be one of those nights." Reminds me of 40 year old women posting pictures of their half glass of wine captioned with "it's 5 o'clock somewhere!!!"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hands up if you're surprised apple has another lovely ad they run a billion times with some poo poo indie singer while showing off their built-in instagram filters

*crickets*

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Has anyone been streaming the baseball playoffs and every commercial break there’s the SUPER LOUD Samsung commercial with some lovely techno dubstep remix of “Sail”, a song from loving 2011?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

DJExile posted:

hands up if you're surprised apple has another lovely ad they run a billion times with some poo poo indie singer while showing off their built-in instagram filters

*crickets*

I get your point and all but I don't exactly think the sound of hands raising would drown out crickets

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Olive! posted:

I get your point and all but I don't exactly think the sound of hands raising would drown out crickets

yeah that joke didn't really work

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
https://youtu.be/i9qv8RSreIM
I just saw this on TV. I thought I was watching Adult Swim for a second, but it's noon.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

B.H. Facials posted:

I just saw this on TV. I thought I was watching Adult Swim for a second, but it's noon.

This has to be a John Oliver joke, like when he aired those commercials during Fox and Friends.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
lmao someone please make a gif of the weekend warrior biker dude with trumpy bear riding shotgun on his hog

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

B.H. Facials posted:

Isn't there a word for a thing that's so close to parody that it's hard to tell what's what anymore? Because that's what this country is becoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SpacePig posted:

Isn't there a word for a thing that's so close to parody that it's hard to tell what's what anymore? Because that's what this country is becoming.

There is no parody, there is only TRUMP!