Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

muscles like this! posted:

Inhumans starts tonight, someone make a new thread.

Can't we just ignore it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Can we just have a TVIV mod rename this thread until S5 of AoS starts? No sense making a new thread for an 8 episode miniseries that probably not a lot of people will be talking about...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

jivjov posted:

Can we just have a TVIV mod rename this thread until S5 of AoS starts? No sense making a new thread for an 8 episode miniseries that probably not a lot of people will be talking about...

Considering a TVIV mod just told us to make a new thread...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835934

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Agents of SHIELD: What kind of Inhumans delayed season 5?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

GLOSS posted:

Considering a TVIV mod just told us to make a new thread...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835934

Derp; didn't see the star!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Double episode premiere on December 1st.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, Yo-Yo is being made a series regular. :neckbeard:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yay and yay!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also Iain kissed Jeph Loeb on the mouth

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Arist posted:

Double episode premiere on December 1st.

Finally, some good news. Happy about Yo yo too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kheldarn posted:

Also, Yo-Yo is being made a series regular. :neckbeard:

I knew she'd be back.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

I knew she'd be back.

:rimshot:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you care at all about spoilers for the premiere, know that they screened the first twenty minutes at the panel and details are floating around (here's a spoiler: I saw it and it's good).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blooper reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNa2nSGz2iE

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Arist posted:

If you care at all about spoilers for the premiere, know that they screened the first twenty minutes at the panel and details are floating around (here's a spoiler: I saw it and it's good).
Who's the Skrull? Tell me that much at least.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Ojjeorago posted:

Where's the gritty modern Galactica 1980 remake?

Well, it wasn't really gritty but Quantum Leap was a Galactica 1980 remake / rebuild.

http://www.warpedfactor.com/2015/01/10-things-you-might-not-know-about_16.html

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Brooks posted:

Well, it wasn't really gritty but Quantum Leap was a Galactica 1980 remake / rebuild.

"possibly the greatest idea in television history - Sam leaping into Thomas Magnum!!!"

The 80's weren't ready for that.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ8_oU6Foz7/

Hahahahahahahahaha, listen for the final remark of the video there.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Rocksicles posted:

"possibly the greatest idea in television history - Sam leaping into Thomas Magnum!!!"

The 80's weren't ready for that.

:aaa:

gently caress it! I am done with television! Burn it all to the ground! :argh:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BrianWilly posted:

Who's the Skrull? Tell me that much at least.

Ward, I assume.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ward coming back as a Skrull would be awesome.

But a good Skrull. Or maybe a Kree that just happens to look exactly like Ward.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yes, impersonate a dead man everyone hates.

That's a flawless plan.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Coulson fed the Skrulls false info that Ward is liked by everyone and they really miss him.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Or maybe there's a skrull who watched Contact, knows about Ward, and is a massive troll.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Or maybe there's a skrull who watched Contact, knows about Ward, and is a massive troll.

“In order for us to have a civilized conversation we chose an apearance which is familiar to -“ *get's shot in the stomache by every member of the team.*

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Darth Brooks posted:

There's that one episode of the original Galactica series("Experiment In Terra") that was basically a dry run for QL, where Apollo is sent back in time in order to Put Right What Once Went Wrong. He even has an invisible helper that only he can see and hear.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TFRazorsaw posted:

That's a flawless plan.

They found his DNA in orbit and used it in their shape shifting?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

That's a flawless plan.

Well, after coming into contact with Good Guy Ward, they might have a moment of hesitation before they shoot him...

twistedmentat posted:

They found his DNA in orbit and used it in their shape shifting?

I hope so!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Lol, the Luke Cage bit

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gorilla Salad posted:

They didn't even have a plan for the season which aired.

God that was such a loving trainwreck I couldn't even hate watch it to mock it.

Heroes Reborn was AAA amazing television compared to peak poo poo Heroes, like Season 3. (Season 2 was loving terrible but mostly boring and slow, Season 3 was 'Make up new dumb poo poo every 20 seconds')

The third season is my gold standard in bad TV, bad none. I once tried to count the plot holes in the first episode having seen the whole season and stopped when I hit like 80. Yes, 80 plot holes in 40 some minutes of television. It was like "Holy loving hell they're throwing out dumb poo poo at 2-3 a minute!"

Seriously. Dexter tried. American Horror Story's third season gave it a real run. But holy fuckballs was season three, in my humble opinion, the most incoherent and stupid TV to ever be aired. Layers of stupid. A fine cake of stupid. The kind of stupid to be studied, to make writers compose essays about so they learn from it's mistakes, so that we may never repeat that poo poo again.

Anyone who never saw Heroes, just watch season 1, pretend it's a miniseries, and forget anything else exists. There was some actual good poo poo in season 1 and it was meant to rotate the cast every season so it's pretty contained. You know that scene in every zombie movie where someone sees a loved one looking like a gnawed on, torn apart corpse shambling at them? Yeah that's how you'll feel about the rest of the show is like that if you don't stop there.

ED: I will say the interviews with Bryan Singer from his brief return and the other writers on Heroes are loving amazing. The most dysfunctional poo poo ever going on there (Singer left during the writer's strike with the rest of the team and they got terrible people to replace them after the strike). But long story short, Tim Kring is a moron who likes people to "make up stuff on the fly," and actively encouraged each writer to try to gently caress up the story and put the next writer that had to continue it in a corner. This combination and the fact this turned the writing room into a battle ground was just fascinating.

I remember reading an interview one week when Sylar got shapeshifting powers that season. "We carefully setup ground rules, spent a lot of time establishing them. He can't change his clothes this way, or size drastically. We didn't want this to become overpowered." They were very sincere. The VERY NEXT episode he turns into a little kid, with new clothes, complete with backpack and functional removable items.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 30, 2017

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Totally agree, though I’d go as far as to say the series ends when Sylar catches Claire and they have an awkward chat as he picks over her brain. The completely anticlimactic non-event after a full season of build up followed by his “welp, see ya!” was just perfect and if it cut to black right there I’d have been good.

What followed.... I... was not good. :(

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Ming-Na Wen's Chun-Li for Halloween. It's even a Tuesday. :allears:

https://www.facebook.com/MingNaWenOfficial/photos/a.779064172114059.1073741829.768010436552766/1597889423564859/?type=1&theater

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PierreTheMime posted:

Totally agree, though I’d go as far as to say the series ends when Sylar catches Claire and they have an awkward chat as he picks over her brain. The completely anticlimactic non-event after a full season of build up followed by his “welp, see ya!” was just perfect and if it cut to black right there I’d have been good.

What followed.... I... was not good. :(

What followed was something I can only describe as a descending shepard tone of badness.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The literal only good thing in the entirety of Season 3 was "Claire, that's disgusting."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Of course Heroes would regurgitate that "We only use 10% of our brain" bullshit.

Although, that might be true of the writers so who's to say?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

howe_sam posted:

Of course Heroes would regurgitate that "We only use 10% of our brain" bullshit.

Although, that might be true of the writers so who's to say?

:iceburn:

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Why are you guys focusing on how bad just Season 3 of Heroes was?

was....was there never a Season 4 and I just hallucinated it?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Why are you guys focusing on how bad just Season 3 of Heroes was?

was....was there never a Season 4 and I just hallucinated it?

That's the best answer, yes. I actually turned off my TV when they killed Nathan and then, instead of using Claire's blood to revive him, like they did for Noah, they forced Sylar to be Nathan. That's the only time I've ever turned off the TV during a show because I was disgusted with it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Adrian Pasdar eventually became one of the best side characters on SHIELD, so it all ends up alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Kheldarn posted:

That's the best answer, yes. I actually turned off my TV when they killed Nathan and then, instead of using Claire's blood to revive him, like they did for Noah, they forced Sylar to be Nathan. That's the only time I've ever turned off the TV during a show because I was disgusted with it.

oh my god I totally forgot about that nugget :psyduck:

My favorite was when Sylar was becoming a sort of anti hero, and he was hanging out with Kristen Bell and they were kind of cute together, and she taught him how to use his powers without murdering people. Then he randomly was like, eh, I'm bored with being a good guy so instead I'm gonna murder you.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 2, 2017

• Locked thread