Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Vague? It is one of the worst examples of drawn out gassing about that I've seen in ages. I was right there with Yami in wanting it to be over and then being horrified to see that there was simply so much left. Games like this seem really, really bad at the whole "show, don't tell" thing and have lots of inappropriate time-filling jabber taking up space.

Devs, you aren't making an anime; this episode doesn't have to fill a whole time slot with just talk like you realized your budget for the final fight was used up and you have to distract from asset reuse. You can make your point and then loving get on with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Holy poo poo did they pad the gently caress out of that ending.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

goodbye you dumb, dumb emperor.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LordHippoman posted:

goodbye you dumb, dumb emperor.

loving incredi-lol

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

SoS's final week of updates starts with multiple expensive bangs. Oh, and also beating the game.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

ThornBrain posted:

SoS's final week of updates starts with multiple expensive bangs. Oh, and also beating the game.

I love how Skippy complains about being LP married, and then Skippy and Yami are finishing each others sentences and cracking the same joke at the same time. You make a cute couple.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Congrats on your LP marriage guys! When's the LP wedding? :v:

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

ousire posted:

Congrats on your LP marriage guys! When's the LP wedding? :v:

Skippy won't sign the LP prenup, so it might be a no go.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Skippy won't sign the LP prenup, so it might be a no go.

That's odd. I would imagine him to have no issue with the proceedings as long as splitting up the guinea pigs between the two of you wasn't part of the agreement.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The ultimate goal of the game is complete, so what's left? New Game+ doesn't have much going for it, so let's start making babies or something.

On Friday, my ultimate goal, the utter consumption of the town's land, will be at hand...

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
This is the video I mentioned in the video. Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShUeudtaFg

In retrospect, that would have been way funnier during the Animal Parade Baby Storm of 2017.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Best successfully eats the town to feed her and Fritz's unholy spawn.

Thanks for watching SoS! Animal Parade's final two parts arrive next week.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I feel like the big problem with the character writing in that most of the development for the bachelor(ette)s is locked unless you are specifically romancing them and since you can't romance Elise as a girl, you don't get to see her develop as a character the way we saw Fritz's development.

The only reason we saw Fritz's develop was because Thorn was actively romancing him.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 23, 2017

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
According to translations of Woofio's events in Trio of Towns: No, that is NOT a costume. He apparently got transformed by a witch or something; I dunno.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
You can find pictures of the grown-up kids over here (they look the same until "fully grown").

Both are pretty cute! :3:

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

You can find pictures of the grown-up kids over here (they look the same until "fully grown").

Both are pretty cute! :3:

Well of course they're cute. That's natures way of stopping you from drowning them in a creek.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Is there a trigger for having twins, or is it always twins?

Also, thaks for showing off all of SoS. I tried romancing Iris, but got so bored after year 3 that I traded the game in. Never say the wedding, the children, or the final Country.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Blast grew up so fast. Not nearly as fast as all the other kids, though.

Final episode on Friday!

AltaBrown posted:

Is there a trigger for having twins, or is it always twins?

It's always twins.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Oh having been marathoning Nash's archive of his What the gently caress is Wrong with You segment, there is a lot of horrifying.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Some very cute kids in this update. Would a player who isn't doing things quite as efficiently as you are (but more or less had the same goals of getting all the trophies and the like) be more likely to end up spending more time around these kids to see their personalities and events or are they more or less just there for people who can't put the game down?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
You could probably see their events if you were willing to fully play out another year or so. You only need to get their friendships to 3-5 hearts, and the same goes for your kids.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So, Blast turned one, got two gigantic tubs of ice cream, and managed not to live up to her namesake and explode.

Gale is not a very good wizard dad. Teach her magic already.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Hellhole learned the ol' razzle-dazzle. :3:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, I finished that act 2 RF4 episode and I can't believe how offensively bad that boss fight is. So many words upon words upon words. And you don't even go to a different environment as you whittle his health away! A terrible JRPG boss to be sure.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

She's off to bigger and better th- nope, never mind.

Thanks everyone for watching Animal Parade! We hope you had as much fun as we did. RF4 will resume next week and be the focus of the thread; Stardew Valley will be posted in its own thread.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I can't believe Best abandoned her child to the whims of the gods and all she sent Blast with was a can of homemade 5 hour energy drink.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

I can't believe Best abandoned her child to the whims of the gods and all she sent Blast with was a can of homemade 5 hour energy drink.

Best is a farmer. You know that poo poo's moonshine

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Only two weeks' worth of an intermission this time, luckily. Today's part is focused around Leon being the poo poo that he is.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
It's kind of telling that Leon's one of the better characters in Rune Factory 4 mostly because he messes with pretty much everyone.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Skippy Granola was summoned from the Cutie Dimension by a dark cabal of hamsters for the express purpose of using him to obtain blueberries.

Hamsters aren't very smart.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Digging your own grave there Vishnal.

Sharance Maze seems ludicrously imbalanced. Like, this is the kind of place my OP pets would be REQUIRED in. I mean, I'd expect Sleep to do wonders for your survivability, if nothing else. (Disclaimer: I have not unlocked the Sharance Maze.)

Best ingredients for my happiness: Doug and Amber's corpses. Yes, that's probably overly morbid for a Rune Factory game.

Hey, finally using an exploit I mentioned a LONG time ago (like, after update 3)! Frankly, you needed it pretty desperately. You might want to consider flinging your spells around before going to bed too (you don't even need to hit anything, I'm pretty sure), but considering how often you stay up for days on end I doubt you'll have the time.

In light of the player's gender being largely irrelevant to dialogue (outside of a few lines in the introduction changing and the romance stuff being gender-exclusive), I feel like this game might've been written with a female protagonist in mind, with the male being... not quite an afterthought, but secondary at least.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

There could be only one.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
That thing about Valentine's being an excuse to get snacks from the girls is pretty much how Japan does it, I think.

drat you, Dylas! Why do you have to be so game-breakingly good at fishing?!

Sometimes events don't make sense, like the Forte one here that doesn't account for Ventuswill being absent.

In my experience potential spouses have a random chance to not take you seriously even if you've got their relationship high enough, so that can lead to a bit of save-scumming. Forte's confession is perhaps a bit overly "knightly" to me though (if that makes any sense), but that's in-character for her so I don't mind too much.

Somehow I'm not surprised that Illuminata said that thing about creating truth...

Sometimes your romantic interest will say surprising things when you ask them to decide where to go on a date. For example, I think on my second date with Forte she asked to go to my room.

Y'know, maybe it's just a consequence of never being in a relationship in real life, but I don't get what's supposed to be "romantic" about feeding each other. I mean, I just think it's demeaning to act like they can't even eat on their own.

...Been a while since I've had so much to say.

CptWedgie fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 9, 2017

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Feeding one another is both showing care and letting down your guard to show trust. It's a fairly intimate act in the correct mood.

But pretending to feed someone and then eating it is just a dick move, Pubert.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Holy poo poo that date was awkward as hell, and I'm pretty loving awkward in real life.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Miz Kriss posted:

Holy poo poo that date was awkward as hell, and I'm pretty loving awkward in real life.

And you know - you just loving know - that some moron saw that and tried to do it in real life.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

YamiNoSenshi posted:

And you know - you just loving know - that some moron saw that and tried to do it in real life.

That doesn't make me feel any better

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
May I feed u

Will u clean my ears

Immediate intimacy is hot right?

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I have nothing against couples feeding each other I guess but Forte seemed so... not into it. So that was creepy and unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

GirlCalledBob posted:

I have nothing against couples feeding each other I guess but Forte seemed so... not into it. So that was creepy and unfortunate.

That was their first date. First. Date.

• Locked thread