Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/916731295836680193

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
every time i go on njpw world naito's picture in the kopw promo picture cracks me up.

also congrats to daryl and carol may they have a beautiful fale-less life together.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Takuan posted:

I just found out r/ishii is a thing.
Made my day brighter.

Thank u for this

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
So the show is on Monday, not Sunday. That means it'll air live over here at what time?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

NickRoweFillea posted:

So the show is on Monday, not Sunday. That means it'll air live over here at what time?

Monday at 4am (Or so)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I got a kick out of this and I hope you do too.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Next show is Thursday and features the beginning of the first YLC since 2005.

LION'S GATE PROJECT 8
October 12th at 6:00 AM EDT/11:00 BST
Shinjuku FACE

KOTETSU YAMAMOTO MEMORIAL 11TH YOUNG LION CUP TOURNAMENT:Hirai Kawato vs. Ren Narita
KOTETSU YAMAMOTO MEMORIAL 11TH YOUNG LION CUP TOURNAMENT:Katsuya Kitamura vs. Tetsuhiro Yagi
KOTETSU YAMAMOTO MEMORIAL 11TH YOUNG LION CUP TOURNAMENT:Tomoyuki Oka vs. Syota Umino
Manabu Nakanishi vs. Kotaro Yoshino [K-Dojo]
Ten-Cozy vs. Yuma Aoyagi [AJPW] and Go Asakawa [K-Dojo]
Yuji Nagata vs. Daisuke Kanehira[HEAT UP]

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 9, 2017

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Thauros your chart is wrong re: willy osprey. Excited for the young boy cup and the 3rd gen beating up people.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FC9fFhVUq4

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Yeah, that's no RPG VICE theme, for sure.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

why have Fujin and Raijin forsaken Hiromu

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hiromu is gonna be such a Babyface when he finally challenges for the JR title after Marty punked him out

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
ahahahaha when they did give EVIL a fuckin castlevania to do promos from?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I love the now ongoing saga of Hiromu being punked when he tries to challenge for the Jr title.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stop bullying Hiromu please, he is a nice boy.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I want EVIL to get a full Wrestle Kingdom Entrance now so bad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I want EVIL to get a full Wrestle Kingdom Entrance now so bad

Sadly I think they gave it to him here because this is as close as he's gettin'.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

VJeff posted:

Sadly I think they gave it to him here because this is as close as he's gettin'.

I dunno I think they have to be happy Evil held his own and while it didn't draw G1 crowds Sumo Hall was pretty full. If he keeps improving I can easily see Evil getting a top 3 dome match in the next few years

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

VJeff posted:

You'll be eating crow when the Never trios match is preceded by EVIL riding an ice dragon to the ring with BUSHI lounging on the tail and painting his nails.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Everyone talks about Hiromu and Daryl but the real NJPW social media cuties are War Machine and their adorable namesearching. Every time I've tweeted something about War Machine during an NJPW event, even without any @ or hashtag, one or both of them have faved it, usually within like forty minutes of the event ending. I just imagine Hanson and Rowe getting out of the shower and immediately hitting up their phones, gleefully high-fiving each other about how much the internet likes them.

e: Also

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/917379970082553858

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 10, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Hey let's take some wild guesses at the WK12 card again!

IWGP Heavy: Okada (c)vs. Naito
IWGP IC: Ibushi (c) vs. Tanahashi
IWGP US: Omega (c) vs. BIG MIKE
IWGP Jr. Heavy: Ospreay (c) vs. KUSHIDA vs. Hiromu vs. Scurll
IWGP Heavy Tag: KES (c) vs. War Machine
IWGP Jr. Heavy Tag: Roppongi 3K (c) vs. Young Bucks
NEVER Open: Suzuki (c) vs. Goto
NEVER Trios: LIJ(c) vs. GoD/Leo
Cody/Fale/Page/Yujiro/Owens vs. ZSJ/Desperado/Taichi/TAKA/Kanemaru
Ishii/YTR/TACOS/Beretta vs. Makabe/Juice/Taguchi/Ricochet
Rumble

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 10, 2017

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Nothing is going to draw to Ryogoku like G1 Finals do, so that won't be held against him, but at the same time an argument can be made that Naito/Ishii for the briefcase (or, rather, Naito in a high-profile match) was as much a draw as Okada/EVIL on this card. He held his own in the match, though, which will certainly keep his stock higher. They'll probably give him the NEVER title at some point since that's about the most centrally midcard title they have for heavyweights, with an outside chance that maybe they throw him and Tanahashi into a WK match for the IC title after Tana overcomes Ibushi at Power Struggle.

Although maybe they give Ishii that slot as a thank you for being the guy to put over just about everyone challenging for the IWGP title the whole year and they know he won't lower the stock of the IC title one iota by having it, because, c'mon, it's Ishii, the man could be asleep and somehow he would pull *** minimum. Gedo's got some real options for WK that he can go with.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The top three matches were so Goddamn good! I'm so pumped for WK12

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

C. Everett Koop posted:

This would be a pretty great card. Best thing is that most permutations of the top matches would probably lead to a pretty great card, NJPW has booked the year so well.

I wish there was a way for it to end up Ibushi (C) vs Omega for the IC Title, and BIG MIKE (C) vs Tanahashi for the US Title.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ibushi/Tanahashi is headlining the November show so maybe we could get Ibushi/Omega title vs Ttile and Big Mike vs Tanahashi!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sho and Yo are really good and earned this post-excursion push. I'm down with them wrestling the Bucks for most of 2018.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roppongi 3K seem like they're good but Ricochet is my favorite Jr. and I wanted Funky Future to hold the titles forevaaaaaaah. :(

Maybe Ricochet can punch Hiromu's lights out after a Jr. Heavyweight match next.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm guessing Ricochet is probably WWE bound soon unless the offer from Vince is for 205 live.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Johnny Landmine posted:

Everyone talks about Hiromu and Daryl but the real NJPW social media cuties are War Machine and their adorable namesearching. Every time I've tweeted something about War Machine during an NJPW event, even without any @ or hashtag, one or both of them have faved it, usually within like forty minutes of the event ending. I just imagine Hanson and Rowe getting out of the shower and immediately hitting up their phones, gleefully high-fiving each other about how much the internet likes them.

This is really adorable :3:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Hanson in particular has definitely faved tweets of mine before his beard has even had a chance to dry off from his match. Normally I'd clown on people who namesearch but they're just so shameless about it that I'm kinda tempted to tweet nice things about War Machine out of the blue, like once every week and a half or so, just to say, "put 'er there, you big galoots."

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Oct 10, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
War Machine as far as I can tell are both really good dudes too.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
The Japanese commentary team always goes out of their way to comment on how nice and polite War Machine are, it's fantastic.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm guessing Ricochet is probably WWE bound soon unless the offer from Vince is for 205 live.

Based on how he was looking at Ryogoku when he was removing his tape in the aisle, there's no way he hasn't made a verbal agreement already. It was a real "won't be seeing this place for a long time" look.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

C. Everett Koop posted:

It looked like YTR from his post-match interaction with Suzuki and the belt.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Rumble

This is a good card but that makes it really obvious how there are too many titles

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
is rpg3k's finisher a 3D that they messed up, or is the guy who'd be doing the stunner part doing something i'm not understanding

exploded mummy posted:

Wikipedia claims it's a flapjack into a flatliner which is uh something

誰がカニヨンよりもいい?

checksin fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 10, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Wikipedia claims it's a flapjack into a flatliner which is uh something

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

C. Everett Koop posted:

Rumble

i stand by my predictions from july

checksin posted:

naito/okada for my heart
ibushi/omega for my heart
juice/tana for my heart
rocky/scurll/hiromu for my heart
goto/cody for my heart
elgin/sanada for my heart
kushida/suzuki for my heart
war machine/guerrillas/those two beefy young lions for my heart
tempura boyz/bucks for my heart
page+yujiro+fale/nagata+kojima+tenzan/yano+yoshi-hashi+osprey/ricochet+taguchi+liger/desperado+taka+kanemaru/bushi+evil+daryl for my heart
yoshi tatsu/gunn for the iwgp heavyweight championship

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Road to Power Struggle cards have been announced including the BOSJ Tag Tournament brackets:

Road to POWER STRUGGLE
October 23rd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Tomoyuki Oka and Syota Umino vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Leo Tonga)
Taguchi, Liger, TMIV and ACH vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Despy, Kanemaru, and TAKA)
CHAOS (Toru Yano and Hirooki Goto)vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, and Katsuya Kitamura vs. Kota Ibushi, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay
CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, and YOSHI) vs. L.I.J (Naito, EVIL, and SANADA)
Super Jr Tag Tournament Rd 1:KUSHIDA and Hirai Kawato vs. Roppongi 3k
Super Jr Tag Tournament Rd 1:Dragon Lee and Titan vs. L.I.J (Hiromu and BUSHI)

Road to POWER STRUGGLE
October 29th at 5:30 EDT
Korakuen Hall

Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Leo Tonga)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and Toru Yano) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka)
CHAOS (Will Ospreay, YOSHI-HASHI and Beretta) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Marty Scurll, and Chase Owens)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA. and Hirai Kawato vs. Kota Ibushi, Dragon Lee, and Titan
CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, Rocky, SHO, and YO) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon
Super Jr Tag Tournament Rd 1:Jushin "Thunder" Liger and Tiger Mask IV vs. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado)
Super Jr Tag Tournament Rd 1:Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi and ACH) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi and TAKA Michinoku)

The semifinals will be on the October 30th Korakuen and the Finals on Power Struggle, but no matches for those outside the tournament and the three title matches have been announced yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

This would be a pretty great card. Best thing is that most permutations of the top matches would probably lead to a pretty great card, NJPW has booked the year so well.

I wish there was a way for it to end up Ibushi (C) vs Omega for the IC Title, and BIG MIKE (C) vs Tanahashi for the US Title.

Deciding to expand upon my thoughts:

IWGP: Okada/Naito. Duh.

IC: Tana needs to do three things within the next three/four months: drop the IC belt, not lose a third-straight high profile match at the Dome, and finally get his loving arm fixed. It looks like they're not doing anything with Okada/Naito, which means Tana vs. Ibushi for the IC belt is going to main event Power Struggle. This would also seemingly take Omega/Ibushi out of the picture, since there's no need for title vs. title right now and you can't have Ibushi lose an IC challenge and turn around and challenge for the US. To me, the best way to accomplish all three of Tana's goals is to have Ibushi win the IC title at Power Struggle, Tana win the rematch at the Dome, and then Ibushi win the belt/feud in late January or early February, which should allow Tana to finally get his arm fixed and be back in time for the G1. But this is Tana and he's a hard-headed dumbass so who knows.

US: If Ibushi's out of the picture then Kenny needs a challenger who's credible enough to have a high-profile singles match at the Dome and threaten Kenny but also take the L. Big Mike fits that profile perfectly, and he can always be built back up to be the one to take the US title from Omega sometime next summer once Omega's established the US belt and is ready to re-enter the main event picture.

Jr: We should get one multi-way match and it makes sense here. KUSHIDA needs his rematch with Ospreay but Hiromu needs something to do as well. Going KUSHIDA/Hiromu and shuffling Ospreay into a CHAOS multiman seems like a waste, and neither KUSHIDA/Hiromu have a natural landing point if Ospready gets the other one on one. Scurll's kinda the odd fit here; they could easily go with a three-way and bump Marty to a Bullet Club multi-man team. But I like the contrast of two Japanese guys and two Brits in the match, and if Hiromu fucks around with Ospreay/Scurll at Power Struggle it sets everything up.

Heavy Tag: I don't think they've done a straight 1v1 KES/War Machine since KES returned, just the three-way fuckery with GoD. Have War Machine win the Tag League sets this up and we can use GoD later in the card. The one X-Factor might be Matt Riddle/Jeff Cobb if they're coming in, but I don't think a brand new team is gonna win the tag league and challenge at the Dome. But who knows.

Jr. Tag: You could run a R3K/Funky Future rematch but I don't think there's a need, plus the Bucks need something to do at the Dome and if we're doing a multi-way with the singles we don't need one with the tag belts too.

NEVER: After doing some thinking, I've decided to change this to Misu vs. Ishii. Little big boy deserves a singles match after the year he's put in, he can credibly take the strap off of Misu, and they can feud for a little bit. More importantly, I'm thinking that Goto will be Naito's first feud after winning the IWGP title since they can have Goto defend Okada/CHAOS' honor, with Naito going over, and save the Okada/Naito rematches for later down the line. If that's the plan Goto doesn't need to be farting around with the NEVER title, especially taking an L at the Dome.

NEVER Trios: This is kinda a whatever and can always become a gauntlet like before, but LIJ vs. Meng's kids seems like a good way to spend ten minutes. Leo's not ready for this stage at all but he can be hidden here.

Bullet Club vs. Suzuki-Gun: It's a waste of Cody and ZSJ to put them in a ten-man at the Dome, but I can't find anywhere to slot them in and I don't see the need for a non-title singles. Maybe Marty bumps Page/Owens if they only do a 3-way for the Jr. strap but this gets everyone on the card.

CHAOS vs. Taguichi Japan: Give Goto the pin here to keep him strong for putting Naito over. Kinda a waste of Ricochet but if he's on his way out then it's kinda a whatever.

Rumble: It's a rumble. Grumpy old men and young boys and maybe a guest or two.

The only X Factors is whatever this Switchblade is, if it's Sami Callihan or something else, and if they want to do something with Cobb/Riddle or have Cody defend the ROH title against someone for some reason. Maybe Cody/ZSJ for the ROH title to give them both a singles, who knows.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 10, 2017

• Locked thread