Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Imagine four superhero shows on the edge of a cliff.

Say a direct copy of the show nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of shows and takes the place of the first show. The formerly first show becomes the second. The second becomes the third. And the fourth falls off the cliff.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow works the same way.

Season One:

Vandal Savage, an evil dictator blessed with immortality, has achieved what no one in human history ever has. He has conquered the entire planet. Rory Williams Rip Hunter appeals to the Time Council for a ship called the Waverider that he later claims he's owned for ten years so that he can travel from 2166 to 2016 to recruit a team to help him stop Savage once and for all. They include:

THE ATOM - Dr. Ray Palmer. Made a suit that can shrink and fly and shoot lasers that he loses a lot. Says he died at some point, but I guess he's fine by the time the show starts. Probably being melodramatic.

WHITE CANARY - Sarah Lance. Is now a bad time to mention I don't watch Arrow? The multiple Canaries thing has been explained to me more than once and it sounds like just the worst. Actually died. Got better.

FIRESTORM - Jefferson "Jax" Jackson and Professor Martin Stein. Flying and fire and transmutation when they remember. Sometimes I miss Ronnie. He couldn't act and he liked pizza and he was the hero we deserve.

HAWKMAN - Carter Hall. A real creep.

HAWKGIRL - Kendra Saunders. A former barista that Cisco liked on The Flash one time until Carter showed up. Her whole situation is a real bummer. They can both fly and have visions or whatever.

CAPTAIN COLD - Leonard Snart. Imagine if Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze and Eartha Kitt's Catwoman met at a bar and had a few drinks and shared a few laughs and made some consensual adult decisions.

HEATWAVE - Mick Rory. He drinks. He grunts. He burns things. He rules.

In the end, Snart sacrifices himself to blow up the Time Masters, the Legends successfully kill Vandal Savage three times, across three different time periods, all at the same time, and the Hawks fly away on Thanagarian Rumspringa. Good riddance.

Season Two:

You know what? I think I'll let The Legion of Doom fill you in on their plan themselves. They can probably handle it. Maybe? Basically, they're gonna steal the Spear of Destiny, or they already have, and it'll allow them to rewrite time, or it already has. Don't bother trying to keep up. Also a few new people join the team. They include:

STEEL - Dr. Nate Heywood. Specializes in deductive historical reconstruction. Former hemophiliac. Turns into metal now. Used it to stop a train once. 10% Colossus, 20% Indiana Jones, 70% Dilbert.

VIXEN - Amaya Jiwe. Wears an amulet that allows her to mimic the abilities of animals. Former member of the Justice Society of America. Cannot stop scowling. Like, seriously. She has a problem.

In the end, the Legends fight their way out of the Legion of Doom's rewritten reality, they break the first rule of time travel and interact with their former selves, Sarah depowers the spear, Thawne dies, Rip leaves, and they scramble time on their way to Aruba.

Season Three:

Sometimes They Screw Up Time For The Better.

On Tuesday, October 10th, everyone's favorite chronologically-reckless do-gooder nincompoops return to face off against Rip Hunter's new Time Bureau. There'll be more Vixens than you can shake a stick at, Sarah putting the moves on Damien Darhk's daughter probably, and Black Adam's main squeeze joining the crew, but not with that name because...

Here's a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2T51tA8Vc

And another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjuX8cuZoNA

And a sizzle reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lJiiC8j6zQ

So it's been, what... four years? Well that's... something.

No biggie. Let's speedrun this poo poo.

The Legends defeat Eobard Thawne and the Legion of Doom but create ANACHRONISMS that Rip Hunter's new organization THE TIME BUREAU say they're going to fix and then don't. Julius Caesar takes over MTV Spring Break, PT Barnum (and B'wana Beast?!) debuts a sabretooth tiger several millennia too late, the team meets Ava Sharpe, Zari Tomaz, Helen of Troy, Gorilla Grodd, fight some Nazis, team up with Wally West, John Constantine, Elvis Presley, John Noble, and eventually pull a Captain Planet Tickle Me Ghostbusters on a demon named Mallus. It's kinda like that part in The Muppet Movie when Animal--

Anyway.

There's a lot of stuff with totems and Damien Darhk's love for his daughter Nora (and Ray's love for Damien Darhk's daughter Nora) but if you really care you'll watch the episodes or read the wiki or whatever. Moving on!

Season Four:

Constantine alerts the Legends during their vacation in Aruba that they've unwittingly released more than just Mallus. Now an appropriate number of magical FUGITIVES to fulfill the episode order for a mid-season replacement are also on the loose. Stuff like unicorns and Hawaiian werewolves. The team gets turned into puppets and go to summer camp and meet Jane Austen. A good time is had by all.

Nate's dad, Tom Wilson, steals the Waverider, goes back to 1955, gives his younger self a sports almanac, and rewrites his density to become a Donald Trump-esque figure, waiting for the day when a crazy, wild-eyed scientist or a kid shows up so he can builds a magic theme park called HEYWORLD.

It doesn't go great.

Season Five:

We kick off the season with the finale of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS where a ton of stuff happens, ending in the construction of the HALL OF JUSTICE which we never see again. Or maybe we do on other shows? This is the only Arrowverse show I still watch, so don't ask me.

Grigori Rasputin, Marie Antoinette, Genghis Khan, William Shakespeare, Sisqo, and more of history's greatest monsters are unleashed as ENCORES by Astra, the little girl Constantine failed to save from Hell on his own show, who has grown into a full nuisance on this one. Meanwhile, two of the three Fates seek to rebuild the Loom of Fate but Charlie, the shapeshifting third Fate, eventually helps The Legends stop her sisters because the show is called Legends of Tomorrow and not Two of the Three Fates.

Also, Zari is replaced at the beginning of the season by her brother, Behrad, who, as it turns out, didn't die in an alternate future, leaving his now survivor's guilt-free sister a social media personality and OG Zari living in the totem like a sad genie. Nate has a bunch of feelings about it. Constantine also has a bunch of feelings, but not specifically about Zari (yet). Sara and Ava have a bunch of feelings. Ray and Nora have a bunch of feelings. Basically, everyone has all the feelings this season.

I highly recommend watching The One Where We're Trapped On TV. It's a fun episode and about as good of a thesis statement for the show, such as it is, as you're gonna get.

Season Six:

Last season, Sara was abducted by Bishop, some kind of alien clone guy from the future maybe who really should have been played by Jason Mantzoukas but wasn't, to create the perfect warrior by copying her DNA and memories and combining them with alien DNA. He also has a bunch of Ava clones, which was probably thoroughly explained at some point. I don't remember.

While attempting to escape, Sara accidentally scatters a menagerie of aliens throughout the timeline. The Legends enlist Esperanza "Spooner" Cruz, a survivalist with ET ESP, to help hunt them down. Constantine goes rogue. Mick gets knocked up. Behrad saves his favorite sitcom. Everyone plays Clue. Everyone goes bowling. Sara and Ava get married. It's a very busy season!

After defeating Bishop, the team starts heading back to the Waverider when a duplicate Waverider appears, destroys the original, and strands the Legends in 1925 Texas. THE END.

Season Seven:

A mere 38 days later, the Legends return (OCTOBER 13th!) to explain what the heck that other Waverider was about. Or maybe they won't. Sometimes there's really only the one explanation for why they do what they do.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't loving wait for the Time Idiots to return.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

This loving show

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This loving show

Yesssssssss....That's the stuff I've been waiting for.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

What are some of the fun eras you’ll visit this season?

We get Billy Zane and the circus [in the second episode]; we get a little Julius Caesar on the beach in Aruba in the premiere. We meet [new team member] Zari in this sort of dystopian future. We get to do a little Amblin alien episode back in the ’80s; we do some Jack the Ripper Victorian London; Golden Age of Hollywood; John Constantine doing an exorcism. We do a Freaky Friday episode. The only thing we haven’t been able to do: We really wanted to do an Abba “Waterloo” in then Napoleonic wars but we could not get the rights for the song.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/how-arrow-the-flash-supergirl-legends-of-tomorrow-save-the-day-in-2017/3/

:flashfap:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This motherfucking show is the greatest.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I am in love with the title of this thread. That alone holy poo poo.

The plot info coming out just makes me desperately need for it to be next week already.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

quote:

...in order to try and stop Julius Caesar from conquering the modern world.

Remind me again, which one was the best Arrowverse show? Oh right! It's this one! :buddy:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

oh yes, the unironically best show on TV is coming back :neckbeard:

Aruba-Con?? It seems that the writers are doubling down on what worked

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
More outstanding news: Matt Ryan is 100% coming back as Constantine for Season 3 of Legends. Just as a guest for now, but it sounds like they might be having him pop up on Arrow or Flash again this year too.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Is it wrong I'd just let Cesar conquer the world

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

More outstanding news: Matt Ryan is 100% coming back as Constantine for Season 3 of Legends. Just as a guest for now, but it sounds like they might be having him pop up on Arrow or Flash again this year too.

Maybe if they keep doing this they'll accidentally restart the Constantine show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I genuinely can't wait to see Constantine's reaction to the idiots.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

nine-gear crow posted:

Awesome.

Also, Constantine is the best Arrow-verse show. :colbert:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
A Constantine cartoon series is coming to CW Seed, starring Matt Ryan and written by legendary comic writer J.M. DeMatteis.

http://nerdist.com/constantine-animated-series-cw-seed-poster-first-look/

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

A Constantine cartoon series is coming to CW Seed, starring Matt Ryan and written by legendary comic writer J.M. DeMatteis.

http://nerdist.com/constantine-animated-series-cw-seed-poster-first-look/

Speaking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3X19gYJtCA

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I am excited for the return of this dumb show about time travelling bumblefucks.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I'm just excited that this season will also incorporate Micks love of burning Nazis!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shaddak posted:

I'm just excited that this season will also incorporate Micks love of burning Nazis!

I'm looking forward to the crossover.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This was the best of the Arrow-verse shows last season by a HUGE margin, and it looks like Season 3 is going to be more of what I loved. Comedy, crazy storylines, and the team being the most lovable idiots in the multiverse.

Plus Constantine? My body is ready.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah I'm glad they retooled it after Season 1 and focused on the fact that they are the biggest gently caress ups in the Universe.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Big new sizzle reel for the season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lJiiC8j6zQ :fap:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

God this season is going to be amazing.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

This is gonna be so dumb and so good

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Heatwave is the best

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

"Sometimes we screw things up for the better"

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Goddamn why is it not tomorrow yet?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Xelkelvos posted:

"Sometimes we screw things up for the better"

So, new thread title?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
This is the best show on tv

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
I know they really DO screw up time and do stupid stuff, but where does Rip get off treating them like a bunch of morons?! :colbert:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I'd do her :geno:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm quite happy they figured out a way to still have Rip on the show without shelving him or turning him into an outright villain again (knock wood).

But still, the line "Rip's hiding something from us" should be followed immediately with "What else is new? :rolleyes:" by this point.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

But still, the line "Rip's hiding something from us" should be followed immediately with "What else is new? :rolleyes:" by this point.

I read that in Mick's voice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I kind of like the idea of Rip as the new authority on time travel who has a whole organization of people working for him but also keeps the Legends as his little side team for the off the books work.

And of course who keeps totally unnecessary secrets for well intentions reasons that ultimately come to bite him in the rear end.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

So, new thread title?

New thread title: DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Screwing Things Up for the Better, Part 3

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Did someone make a new Flash thread too?

Man, my superhero soaps start tonight.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

No one's linked to a new one in the old thread yet, so I'm guessing same thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791688

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

New one made right here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837097

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1FRJGC8Q0g

Here's the Gag reel for S2 btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

was unironically hoping for just season 2 highlights