Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The latter. I was explaining that even in wrestling world it's all Finn loving with people and psyching himself up with war paint, in essence. It's not like Kane, Taker, or Bray where he's supposed to be otherworldly.

Yeah, but like the problem with a Supernatural Character telling a Psychological Character that is actually a Supernatural Character is that if the Psychological Character doesn't say "That's nuts" and plays into "that's evil" then it threatens to make the Psychological Character come off like a Spooky Character.

Like, Undertaker waffled back and forth his entire career and Kane essentially went from being a Spooky Character to a Crazy Fucker while Bray seems to be going the other way. I doubt Finn would ever get deep enough down that rabbit hole to matter but bad storylines do attritional damage and if the Demon gets treated like a Spooky Character then it kind of risks making it goofy the next time it gets played as Psychological Character. Not in the sense that people will now think Finn is supposed to be a real Demon, but rather that people will find the Demon goofy instead of cool.

Basically lameness is contagious and this seems to threaten to infect "the Demon".

As I've not been watching closely I'm unclear on how Finn has handled all of Bray's silliness.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I am ready to die.

same

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

surf rock posted:

Second, the dark match was Dean/Seth versus Cesaro/Sheamus. Before the match started, Seth commandeered Kalisto's armor and ran around the ring doing the lucha chants.

Seth Rollins is

*crunches numbers*

Good.

lmao it's even better than I thought.

https://twitter.com/MikeMifflin11/status/917588329155133441

MJeff fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 10, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VJeff posted:

Seth Rollins is

*crunches numbers*

Good.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Dimebags Brain posted:

Do you think they showed Finn the video beforehand so he could practice a reaction? they totally didn't

back when practical effects were more of a thing a lot of the legendary horror directors wouldn't let the cast see monsters/effects until during the initial take so they could get a legitimate horrified reaction out of them and vince is directing the grandest horror of them all

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
For instance, Ridley Scott never told Veronica Cartwright that an alien creature was going to burst out of John Hurts' chest.

So the reaction you see in the movie is genuine fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBu6VAESeI

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

If this leads to Bray/Sister Abigail attacking people with facehuggers backstage, then I am absolutely down for that.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I'm watching "highlights" from RAW on youtube.

Holy poo poo, Bray in drag. How did they not realise it was a bad idea from everyone laughing at how stupid that idea was?

And Sister Abigail is so bad that Alicia Fox might possibly get a pass for botching both finishes she was in so badly. Her scissor kick wasn't even close, and she managed to thoroughly botch tapping out.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

CarlCX posted:

Somewhere between Elias/Apollo #8, All-Hands Women's Match #43 and Let's All Punch Bray Wyatt In The Dick #616 I started really deeply feeling the "I should stop watching" blues for the first time in a long time. I dunno, y'all.

Also did Enzo take a dump on the tour bus again or something, because really, what the gently caress.

Enzo is really quite astounding in that in all my years of watching him he's both being super over, and they have been alergic to the concept of putting him over. It really wouldn't be that hard to have him win a singles match every so often. To allow him to get the pin via finisher in tag matches (not just Cass throwing his limp body onto his opponents).

And yeah, the "I should stop watching" was strong with me yesterday. I didn't even like the New Day/Usos match, that's how jaded I've become :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The most underrated part of Raw was during the Elias match when Cole started telling a story about how Slash from Guns N' Roses said the Elias was the future of music and Graves was absolutely furious.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rhonne posted:

The most underrated part of Raw was during the Elias match when Cole started telling a story about how Slash from Guns N' Roses said the Elias was the future of music and Graves was absolutely furious.

I haven't been able to figure out if this is just more dumbass Vince commentary or if it's Cole's character loving with Graves' character and it's actually genius.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

VJeff posted:

I haven't been able to figure out if this is just more dumbass Vince commentary or if it's Cole's character loving with Graves' character and it's actually genius.

Cole keeps trying to add like really obscure and highly specific bits of lore to Elias for no reason and it's goddamn hilarious

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Graves shouting,"WE'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE!" over Enzo's entrance cracked me up.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Wazzu posted:

And yeah, the "I should stop watching" was strong with me yesterday. I didn't even like the New Day/Usos match, that's how jaded I've become :(

if you didn't like that match you should probably stop watching because you probably don't actually like wrestling

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Like holy poo poo that was top 3 Hell in a Cell matches ever and probably the best WWE match of the year, or at least a contender for it, and you didn't like it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really liked the match but I can see how somebody would be jaded after seeing the same two teams fight month after month and swap the titles back and forth with every match.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I might see that point if the feud hadn't been legitimately good and a time title trading made sense and worked

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Really happy to see WWE are finally embracing gender diversity :unsmith:

New Day/Usos was my second favourite match of the year

Wazzu posted:

And Sister Abigail is so bad that Alicia Fox might possibly get a pass for botching both finishes she was in so badly. Her scissor kick wasn't even close, and she managed to thoroughly botch tapping out.

Don't disparage Ms. Fox! She had a 5 star match with Melina I'll have you know :mad:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I really liked the match but I can see how somebody would be jaded after seeing the same two teams fight month after month and swap the titles back and forth with every match.

I was mainly agreeing with Vinny's review- a bit too long, the corner cane spot should have been the finish, too many weapon spots throughout (they started with them).

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

if you didn't like that match you should probably stop watching because you probably don't actually like wrestling

Yeah, I think it's time to cancel my WWE network sub, maybe just watch alternatives. New Japan at least excites me without pissing me off or leaving me consistently bewildered.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Yeah but NJPW world sucks huge rear end and where else am I gonna get dosed up on:

hulkamania
macho madness
ultimate maniac-ism

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

God Bray must be loving seething and contemplating quitting. "You'll never grab that brass ring! Not with that attitude! Now put on this dress fat boy!" - Vince McMahon, wrestling genius

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

astrollinthepork posted:

Yeah but NJPW world sucks huge rear end

Nah.

Seriously, it only seems poo poo when compared to the WWE Network. The english is laughable but it gets the point across and it even separates matches into separate videos, something the Network never did. I also rarely have problems streaming live shows.

Then again you may be talking about the design in which case I'll say I'm a function over form kind of guy so whatever.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 10, 2017

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I hear that Bray had one of his ribs removed so he could eat it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sister Abigail looks and sounds like a Garth Marenghi character

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jack Anderson posted:

Nah.

Seriously, it only seems poo poo when compared to the WWE Network. The english is laughable but it gets the point across and it even separates matches into separate videos, something the Network never did. I also rarely have problems streaming live shows.

Then again you may be talking about the design in which case I'll say I'm a function over form kind of guy so whatever.

He was very obviously being sarcastic. How do you miss that?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

Bray Wyatt.

Covered in blood.

Bloody blood blood.

And bits of sick.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Braylinna sucks, Demon Finn sucks, Ministry Taker was best Taker. These are my toughts, thanks for reading.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

Jack Anderson posted:

Nah.

Nah it's not crap if you ignore these huge glaring flaws.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

I was thinking one of the more (!) surreal Mighty Boosh characters but yeah this fits pretty loving well.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Don't disparage Ms. Fox! She had a 5 star match with Melina I'll have you know :mad:

They weren't stars. They were asterisks, each one detailing a problem with the match.

Also, thinking about this has made me forget the name of the Funkadactyl that made Austin give that amazing reaction. I think it began with a C.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Hoss Corncave posted:

They weren't stars. They were asterisks, each one detailing a problem with the match.

Also, thinking about this has made me forget the name of the Funkadactyl that made Austin give that amazing reaction. I think it began with a C.

Cameron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Runl2i7pV-s

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Alexander Hamilton posted:

They reunited the loving Shield and all anyone can talk about is Bray Whatt’s career suicide, hahaha

Not true. We're also celebrating biscuit butts and our dearly departed Emma.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forgot that the USOS won the title. I updated the champions page, sorry for the mistake.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I do wonder how Vince thinks Bray's reveal went down.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They could have done some Psycho thing and Sister Abigail was a corpse or something instead of this c tier crap. I hate Wyatt and i dont want to watch him on my tv anymore.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
You know without the commentary and the old timey filter, that mickey james tribute isn't terrible. It's just like 90 seconds of her brutalizing people.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Man, I never should take cold medication and watch RAW. I hallucinated Bray Wyatt turned into the floating ghost from House on Haunted Hill.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

DoctorGonzo posted:

They could have done some Psycho thing

a writer snuck in 'he wouldn't even harm a fly' and probably felt real good about it

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Maybe a USA network employee who isn't paying attention will tell WWE they aren't allowed to have Sister Abigail fight men and they'll have to get rid of this angle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The worst thing are the stupid effects. They dont even know if we should take this poo poo serious or not.

• Locked thread