Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

There was that time Hade Vansen was cutting really neat promos on Smackdown leading to a feud with Undertaker, then apparently Vince found out, went "That's guy's short!" and he was fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DeathChicken posted:

There was that time Hade Vansen was cutting really neat promos on Smackdown leading to a feud with Undertaker, then apparently Vince found out, went "That's guy's short!" and he was fired

I just googled Hade Vansen and the related searches were Braden Walker, Mordecai, and Kizarny

yikes

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Has any promising gimmick ever been ruined harder than Bray Wyatt

Mordecai.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I said promising

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Has any promising gimmick ever been ruined harder than Bray Wyatt

Bayley

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Maria: I believe that god wouldn't give a challenge you can't handle. I believe this universe only gives you challenges you can overcome. I truly believe that.

Hoo boy, hope she never gets hit with anything heavy. That's like a 10 year old's level of optimism.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I said promising

He was told he was going to make a million dollars!!!!1

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Glacier was a wasted gimmick cause he didn't get a Scorpion feud before departing

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Minidust posted:

Shield guys were all good but Dean in particular seemed to flip a switch where all his mannerisms became that of his early 2014 self. Like he went straight back to "loose cannon" instead of "zany" and it reeeeeeally owned. :)

yeah, that was really good.

look sorry to outscoop rovert here but bray's been working on taking big bumps in this new sister abigail getup because, y'know, tlc is coming up. someone got video and it looks a lot better than that dumb promo last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKXkfLhn6pA

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that time the bad wrestler and talker had a bunch of pre-taped vignettes about the seven deadly sins that someone else should have done i guess

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

The Shield reunion is great because if it is ANYTHING like the old way the Shield was run, it's doing the most basic but important poo poo correctly: you highlights strengths and hide weaknesses. The three of them are such a complete package and cover for each other's weaknesses so well, and if they keep with Roman being the big hitter who comes in to put the finishing touches/final blow on their opponents it is probably gonna get him just as over as he was back when they were still a unit.
To me it's the opposite. This is clearly a vehicle to try to transfer heat from Rollins, Ambrose, Braun, The Bar, and the loving Miz to Roman. The beatdown last night wasn't Shield, it was set ups to let Roman hit his terrible superman punches. This is a step down for Rollins and Ambrose especially; they will be playing second fiddle and/or faces in peril until big manly Roman saves the day HUAAHHHHH.

If this fails (it will), what else can they do with Roman?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Cavauro posted:

that time the bad wrestler and talker had a bunch of pre-taped vignettes about the seven deadly sins that someone else should have done i guess

Sean O'Haire. I think he had problems with the vignettes because he kept laughing while filming them. It was a fantastic gimmick though. Then they stuck him with Piper and it all went to poo poo.

Also, thank you Gonz. I couldn't for the life of me remember her name.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Faustian Bargain posted:

To me it's the opposite. This is clearly a vehicle to try to transfer heat from Rollins, Ambrose, Braun, The Bar, and the loving Miz to Roman. The beatdown last night wasn't Shield, it was set ups to let Roman hit his terrible superman punches. This is a step down for Rollins and Ambrose especially; they will be playing second fiddle and/or faces in peril until big manly Roman saves the day HUAAHHHHH.

Even better is now in a year and a half when Roman is back on his own we can enjoy an even longer length of time until he would hypothetically be a passable in ring performer than we would have otherwise experienced if we had just left him on his own forever.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

reignofevil posted:

Even better is now in a year and a half when Roman is back on his own we can enjoy an even longer length of time until he would hypothetically be a passable in ring performer than we would have otherwise experienced if we had just left him on his own forever.

Why do you expect him to regress until the point he's only passable?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They did it. They successfully got Reigns cheered

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Roman is fine in the ring, just nobody wants to see him get the John Cena 2.0 treatment. It was boring with Cena and it's boring with Roman.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The one thing that really stood out to me with the Shield reuniting is how much more relaxed Roman sounds on the mic

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

They did it. They successfully got Reigns cheered

Because it was awesome and all three guys seemed genuinely into it in a very infectious way.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Because it was awesome and all three guys seemed genuinely into it in a very infectious way.

What thread do you this is Foochs

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Faustian Bargain posted:

Reportedly it's just because they feel like they have no big draw without Cena and Brock, so it's not just nakedly to boost Roman.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Reportedly it's just because they feel like they have no big draw without Cena and Brock, so it's not just nakedly to boost Roman.

Brock's back in Survivor Series

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's quite some time until wrestlemania. Roman has to do something without running into Lesnar until then. it's going to be a huge match when they finally go one on one

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

For the first time ever at wrestlemania in florida. It's going to be big

I meant louisiana

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I find Roman Reigns burying the Young Bucks for being unoriginal the same day the Shield reunites as a vehicle to get him over to be kind of incredible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I find Roman Reigns burying the Young Bucks for being unoriginal the same day the Shield reunites as a vehicle to get him over to be kind of incredible.

:agreed:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roman doesn't book himself and they do though.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Sister Abigail 2: Back in the Habit (of eating a pint of ice cream for breakfast)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
Roman saying you have to wait for a really good steak is a dumb metaphor because a good steak only takes a few minutes to cook.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Not if you are ordering your steak well done as God intended. Then there's the extra wait after you have to remind the waiter that he forgot to bring you a bottle of catsup.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

a new study bible! posted:

Not if you are ordering your steak well done as God intended. Then there's the extra wait after you have to remind the waiter that he forgot to bring you a bottle of catsup.

The true wwe experience.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaEhw6OggzN/?hl=en&taken-by=johncena

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VJeff posted:

To be fair the Young Bucks were also being babies about it on twitter which is kind of rich since they rib people all the time on twitter

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I missed Roman burying the Young Bucks. What did he say?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Roman doesn't book himself and they do though.

So he's jealous? I guess I can see that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I doubt it, he sells lots of t-shirts too.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Eli Wiggum posted:

I missed Roman burying the Young Bucks. What did he say?

he was saying that they try to keep characters and storylines original in wwe, rather than "do too sweet and do stuff you loved from the 90s" which, i mean, is basically a name drop.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

What thread do you this is Foochs

A den of cynics and dinguses? :colbert:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cynicdingus, New York

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

Cynicdingus, New York

This post is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm excited to see what happens when my good friend Sami Zayn has to explain himself tonight. Also fashion files

• Locked thread