Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

tesilential posted:

:getout:

Of course you count Frankie again dumbass, he is way better than anyone MM has fought.

I do agree dodson, Benavidez and Cejudo are super good and would be top 10 at bw. Also Cejudo clearly beat Benavidez.

E: gently caress you for saying ray Borg is better than tkz, thats dumb as gently caress dude

tkz is cooler and more entertaining but I feel borg has a higher ceiling even though he's still a bit raw. And the only reason I didn't count Frankie II is because Aldo slipped on a banana peel and broke his streak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Y’all know how negotiating works right? Shoot real high, gauge the laughter, then meet with interested parties.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lloyd Boner posted:

I think it'll come down to when and how DJ loses. The way Aldo lost did a lot to damage his legacy as a great champion.

Not that I don't think Conor would likely have won anyway or that there's such thing as a "lucky punch" but that fight was the absolute best thing for Conor's legacy and the worst for Aldo's

Conor's just been amazingly lucky in his career. After knocking out the p4p #1 in 13 seconds, he managed to avoid being massacred by RDA and got an amazingly lucrative rivalry with Nate Diaz instead, followed by getting a really favorable matchup for the LW title.

There is no way in hell Conor could beat RDA and he's not nearly as entertaining or marketable as Diaz.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

RDA at which weight? I thought he just jumped up. I'd still take Conor at 155 in that fight.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I'd pick RDA, but Conor could definitely put him out.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Captain Log posted:

Y’all know how negotiating works right? Shoot real high, gauge the laughter, then meet with interested parties.

Negotiating doesn't include hurting your own brand by going "i'm cool working for a murder of homosexuals if they don't accept my demands". If you think otherwise next time angling for a raise i suggest you try that out.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Silva's style is to blame for lovely fights. Counter strikers always look bad against timid opponents. And yeah, LHW and HW look better than other divisions because everyone in the top 15 is 40 and a former champion (except all the 40 year old former LHW champions are dead and the top 15 is a bunch of funny names Keven made up)

Demian Maia was chasing him around while Silva Kalib Starnesed it in their fight. That was all on Silva.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Lid posted:

Negotiating doesn't include hurting your own brand by going "i'm cool working for a murder of homosexuals if they don't accept my demands". If you think otherwise next time angling for a raise i suggest you try that out.

I really doubt that hurt him in the slightest...since he had a 0% chance to start.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HEHdr24wHY

Gracie Breakdown on the event, most impressively explains why Tony Ferguson did that weird forced arm to the side other than across the body in the triangle - it counters the step over escape which Lee used earlier to get out of an armbar.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Lid posted:

As an antique dealer by trade, I'm going to tell the next American Picker wannabe lowballing jackass, "You know this was PROBABLY owned by some dead criminals, right?"

Weirdly, Uncle Creepy is one of the fighters the super casual fans still notice. I think the UFC should just let him teach classes about branding.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Wasn't there a goon that grew up with Uncle Creepy, and posted weird anecdotes of his life?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lungboy posted:

Wasn't there a goon that grew up with Uncle Creepy, and posted weird anecdotes of his life?

i don't remember it being weird. just a guy who knew the guy. and gleefully reported that he was an addict of hard drugs and a cuck.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
drat, Henry Cejudo broke his ankle jumping out of a window to get away from the California wildfires.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Memento posted:

drat, Henry Cejudo broke his ankle jumping out of a window to get away from the California wildfires.

I don't get it

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lloyd Boner posted:

I don't get it

Barry Bonds among athletes who flee “crazy” Wine Country fire scene

quote:

According to Saberhagen and other attendees, UFC fighter Henry Cejudo didn’t evacuate from the Fountaingrove Inn in Santa Rosa and broke his ankle jumping from a second-story balcony.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Marching Powder posted:

i don't remember it being weird. just a guy who knew the guy. and gleefully reported that he was an addict of hard drugs and a cuck.

I didn't mean the posting was weird, but some of the stories. Maybe hosed up would be a better choice than weird.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Not that I don't think Conor would likely have won anyway or that there's such thing as a "lucky punch" but that fight was the absolute best thing for Conor's legacy and the worst for Aldo's

Conor's just been amazingly lucky in his career. After knocking out the p4p #1 in 13 seconds, he managed to avoid being massacred by RDA and got an amazingly lucrative rivalry with Nate Diaz instead, followed by getting a really favorable matchup for the LW title.

There is no way in hell Conor could beat RDA and he's not nearly as entertaining or marketable as Diaz.

lol eddie alvarez walked in and blew RDA out and that's not even his thing. McGregor would smoke him bro.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

drat, Henry. Too bad about that guy's golf clubs, too.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, just heard mighty house on the MMA hour and he's already backtracking on fighting Cody/TJ next and in fact will never go up. Doesn't want to fight bigger and better guys when he still has challenges like sergio pettis at FW.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

tesilential posted:

Hahaha, just heard mighty house on the MMA hour and he's already backtracking on fighting Cody/TJ next and in fact will never go up. Doesn't want to fight bigger and better guys when he still has challenges like sergio pettis at FW.

Dana seems to want him to continue to fight out his streak at Flyweight too, he said after the Borg fight there isn't really a superfight on the horizon and he thinks MM should add a couple more wins to his streak before considering it.

I imagine they want to see how TJ/Cody plays out, then see if Cruz wins against Riviera and go from there. If Cruz becomes champ again thats probably their most marketable super fight for DJ considering the history.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

tesilential posted:

Well the plan was always for the 135 guy to drop down so I don't know why you'd latch onto that.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lol keep dreaming about Cruz being champ again

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

tesilential posted:

lol eddie alvarez walked in and blew RDA out and that's not even his thing. McGregor would smoke him bro.

McGregor fights more like Pettis than he does like Alvarez.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Skip My Posts posted:

Lol keep dreaming about Cruz being champ again

Could happen if TJ beats Cody.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"hey babe, you should really go back to fighting. It would be REALLY good for you to get out of the house more." - Ian McCall's new love interest probably

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Le Saboteur posted:

Dana seems to want him to continue to fight out his streak at Flyweight too, he said after the Borg fight there isn't really a superfight on the horizon and he thinks MM should add a couple more wins to his streak before considering it.

I imagine they want to see how TJ/Cody plays out, then see if Cruz wins against Riviera and go from there. If Cruz becomes champ again thats probably their most marketable super fight for DJ considering the history.

From a business point of view I think it makes sense. If they did the mighty mouse superfight now, maybe it'd be an average PPV, but we're not talking about a massive payday here. Only the hard-core fans are asking for this fight. If you think there might be something there, then we're only in the very beginning of the "hype-building" phase. If Mighty Mouse wins 2 or 3 more fights while constantly facing questions about beating the 135 champ, then the hype might build to something that somewhat-casual fans would be very interested to see. We're nowhere near the hype peak. This goose still needs a bit more fattening up before we kill it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

sportsgenius86 posted:

"hey babe, you should really go back to fighting. It would be REALLY good for you to get out of the house more." - Ian McCall's new love interest probably

sounds like a life saver

she must be a heroin

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CommonShore posted:

He doesn't fight like either of them. He's really good at pressuring into counter situations, which Pettis doesn't do.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

sounds like a life saver

she must be a heroin

drat

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure how you can definitely say that RDA would whoop Conor or even beat him

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

CommonShore posted:

Pettis is a coward and cannot fight off the back foot at all.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Henry Cejudo did not break his ankle, but he did get burns on his foot and he lost his 2008 Olympic gold medal in the fire

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/10/16453918/henry-cejudo-suffers-burns-loses-gold-medal-in-california-wildfire

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Rigel posted:

Henry Cejudo did not break his ankle, but he did get burns on his foot and he lost his 2008 Olympic gold medal in the fire

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/10/16453918/henry-cejudo-suffers-burns-loses-gold-medal-in-california-wildfire

That sucks. The Olympics should mail him a new medal.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Wouldn't have lost it if he had been wearing it at all times. That kind of attitude seperates the weak like Cejudo from the real champs like Sylvia

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I won a geography bee in 7th grade and I have the ribbon stapled to my penis

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I am Otis posted:

I won a geography bee in 7th grade and I have the ribbon stapled to my penis

well done

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

well done

:]

I lost a spelling bee in 6th grade and I have the shame stapled in my mind

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Bluedeanie posted:

Wouldn't have lost it if he had been wearing it at all times. That kind of attitude seperates the weak like Cejudo from the real champs like Sylvia

Anecdotally, my Aunt ran into Jon Jones on a flight to Albuquerque once and he had a belt with him in carry on. Real champ poo poo.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

attackmole posted:

Anecdotally, my Aunt ran into Jon Jones on a flight to Albuquerque once and he had a belt with him in carry on. Real champ poo poo.

That's interesting, usually Jones is the one running into women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rigel posted:

90% of the visits on this article are Vitor Belfort

• Locked thread