Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Faustian Bargain posted:

Roman is fine in the ring
this is not true why do people keep saying this

roman is probably one of the worst workers wwe has on their roster. i legitimately feel i am being gaslit when people say he is anything but bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

cams posted:

roman is probably one of the worst workers wwe has on their roster. i legitimately feel i am being gaslit when people say he is anything but bad.

Only thing I can think of is "compared to other wrestlers like Jinder"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

cams posted:

were you around for the OVW era

Compared to twenty seven short haired blonde hosses with pumphandle slams Roman is Okada

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Roman is fine in the ring. But that's all he is. He's great at following a structured planned out match and that's it. He's not trying to innovate or change the game. He goes out has his matches and that's it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he's pretty good

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

they can't all be aj styles and botch kicking out

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think Roman is pretty bad at selling though. He's goofy as hell when he sells, and his offense is crap.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roman Reigns is fine. It is almost completely impossible for him to have a good match with anybody that's not better than him. The best thing you can say about him is that in all the Raw and PPV carryjobs that have happened in the last two-ish years that have made people think he's better than fine, he held up his end.

I can't see him as anything better than fine when he stunk up the joint in back-to-back Mania main events though. In the "He could carry a broom to a 4 star match" nugget, Roman is the broom.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The reason romans matches with Braun worked so well was because they were heavily scripted and heavily gimmicked.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
He's also heavily protected as the top guy and is always put in very rehearsed matches against people that management knows will be able to put on a good match with him. Kinda reminds u of Sasha in NXT :thunk:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

undertaker gassing out early and screwing up the finish was very funny

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

The reason romans matches with Braun worked so well was because they were heavily scripted and heavily gimmicked.

Also Reigns is good at selling poo poo like random Braun running into you on the ramp

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

Even then, there's still extremely stupid stuff in those matches. Like Roman eating a Powerslam through a table, then like 10 seconds later he's getting up and Spearing Strowman and then he's just in control for the rest of the match. Or in that SummerSlam match that everybody jizzed their pants over, where Strowman spent the entire first 75% of the match murdering everybody, took like two shots of offense the, then was completely out for the last 2 and a half minutes.

Between the SummerSlam and the No Mercy matches, they basically made Strowman's character "Very powerful man who folds like an accordion the second you get some real offense in."

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

undertaker gassing out early and screwing up the finish was very funny

Don't act like Roman wasn't partly to blame for that too. I mean taker def deserves the majority of that but Roman didn't help much to save his rear end. He can't improvise.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

A den of cynics and dinguses? :colbert:

Ok you're still sane.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

Don't act like Roman wasn't partly to blame for that too. I mean taker def deserves the majority of that but Roman didn't help much to save his rear end. He can't improvise.

If he were really The Guy, he would've done a Scorpion Death Drop at that moment. :colbert:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

If he were really The Guy, he would've done a Scorpion Death Drop at that moment. :colbert:

Or just not keep on trying the same thing 3 more times.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/917799681312329728

https://twitter.com/SunSport/status/917798135610728448

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Is it just me or does TLC have 5 matches and no main event right now? Also I don't think any match has a gimmick announced except the shield maybe being tables ladder and chairs. I hope the cruiserweight match is a ladder match, although somehow Kalisto made a chairs match awesome last year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cams posted:

His matches are extremely good. For comparison I suggest watching a match with a noted awful worker like Bray Wyatt, or Seth Rollins.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Imagine if Shane actually dies from that spot

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1 Its a shoot
2. Defend your belt or fight Diaz, you son of a bitch

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Well that's one way to end a mid-life crisis. Hope his kids go "ALRIGHT, GEEZ, YOU'RE COOL, gently caress"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

shiksa posted:

he was saying that they try to keep characters and storylines original in wwe, rather than "do too sweet and do stuff you loved from the 90s" which, i mean, is basically a name drop.

WWE fans: "All WWE does is rehash old Attitude Era poo poo instead of trying everything new."

Roman Reigns: "people need to stop rehashing poo poo from the attitude era"

WWE fans: "you bitch motherfucker"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Blaise330 posted:

Is it just me or does TLC have 5 matches and no main event right now? Also I don't think any match has a gimmick announced except the shield maybe being tables ladder and chairs. I hope the cruiserweight match is a ladder match, although somehow Kalisto made a chairs match awesome last year.

The TLC ME is the TLC match between the Shield and Miz & Co.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

exploded mummy posted:

The TLC ME is the TLC match between the Shield and Miz & Co.

I guess it does technically have every champion except Brock in it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Looking forward to McGregor being paid more than anybody on the roster, including Brock, to make a couple appearances.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

I guess it does technically have every champion except Brock in it.

Alexa Bliss is joining The Shield.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Reigns being back in the shield let's him play to his strengths of saying nothing and doing power moves in tag matches

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Reigns being back in the shield let's him play to his strengths of saying nothing and doing power moves in tag matches

:thunk:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Also his strength of acting like a heel and being a face. The Shield cowardly jumping people as the good guys just works for some reason.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

cams posted:

He's fine, he's not offensively bad, he's not the worst. I know these are faint praises.

The only things he does that he sucks at are his finisher (easily fixed by giving him anything else) and deadlifting people, no matter what Michael Cole says.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

hey wait a minute

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roman hits the Spear too high, which seems like a thing that could easily be changed but apparently not.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Roman hits the Spear too high, which seems like a thing that could easily be changed but apparently not.

the spear is weird because its the simplest move conceptually but literally only 1 wrestler has ever been good at it

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the spear is weird because its the simplest move conceptually but literally only 1 wrestler has ever been good at it

look I liked caitlyn too but this is hyperbole

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mel Mudkiper posted:

literally only 1 wrestler has ever been good at it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jackie D posted:

look I liked caitlyn too but this is hyperbole

I was CLEARLY referring to Batista :colbert:

Rhyno has never done the spear

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Faustian Bargain posted:

He's fine, he's not offensively bad, he's not the worst. I know these are faint praises.

The only things he does that he sucks at are his finisher (easily fixed by giving him anything else) and deadlifting people, no matter what Michael Cole says.
i do not think he is fine, i think he is one of the worst workers on the wwe roster. every "passable" reigns match i have seen involved him doing almost nothing except selling poorly and doing his comeback, which i think he executes poorly. you could take any reigns match and replace him with dolph ziggler and the match would be better because dolph at least sells well. actually dolph is a better wrestler than roman by every metric.

it was brought up earlier but roman has no improvisational skills, and the way his matches play out show it. as bad as his mania match with undertaker was, his mania match with trips was even worse. one of the most boring, plodding, unexciting matches i've seen, mostly because the gameuhhh has to CARRY him the entire time. the storytelling was entirely on his shoulders. roman is wrestling dead weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Jackie D posted:

look I liked caitlyn edge too but this is hyperbole

• Locked thread