Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Elizabethan Error posted:

Cuphead is as hard as the souls series while being deceptively cute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yuh40ywJIE
guessing mr bone saxophone couldn't hack it

It's not that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Is just taking random scenes from the Simpsons and photoshopping in nonsense funny, or do idgi?
Very basically you don't get it. The memes take jokes from multiple episodes with set-ups and punchlines that are carved into the loving cerebrum of kids who watched it growing up and mixes them together in shockingly inventive ways that frequently retain what made the jokes originally funny while creating a new punchline. At worst they're a nonsequitor where a goofy face is all you need, but if you know the original jokes there's a surreal brilliance.

I'm not even kidding.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

TopHatGenius posted:

Beautiful. I just started a new campaign so now I need to do this.

So far I've got the baseball team, the two Key and Peels "East vs West" skits, and all the names from that one MST3K episode, about 137 names. But I didn't even know we had a Stupid Names thread, that poo poo is over 200 pages. Gonna take a while to work through all that...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Paladinus posted:

It's not that hard.
We're taking about people who have never played a side-scrolling shoot-em up in their lives. To them it must be like doing your taxes while wearing underwear made of fire ants.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mind the walrus posted:

We're taking about people who have never played a side-scrolling shoot-em up in their lives. To them it must be like doing your taxes while wearing underwear made of fire ants.

I've never completed any of Mega Man games and I don't think any old-school side-scroller. The last platformer I've beaten years ago was Ori and the Blind Forest, and a couple of Rayman games before that. If you're okay at action games, you can easily beat Cuphead.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Takes No Damage posted:

[...] the two Key and Peels "East vs West" skits [...]

There's three, the third one features some actual people: https://alvinalexander.com/funny/key-peele-east-west-bowl-3-pro-list-of-names-2015

The last name references the Substitute Teacher sketch (another source for names):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Paladinus posted:

I've never completed any of Mega Man games and I don't think any old-school side-scroller. The last platformer I've beaten years ago was Ori and the Blind Forest, and a couple of Rayman games before that. If you're okay at action games, you can easily beat Cuphead.
Yes but I'm not talking about you.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Oh, ADOLF Hitler. I thought you were talking about the other Hitler.

Fun fact: his nephew served in the US Navy during WWII.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Patrick_Stuart-Houston

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

lol if you didn't beat at least the first three for the NES.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
I got Moon Moon :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ah, Mister Flute, we meet again.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dangling injector :downs:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Fun Destroyer is not a very nice penis name

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Bear Steak :tbear:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Fart Toucher

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Randaconda posted:

Fun fact: his nephew served in the US Navy during WWII.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Patrick_Stuart-Houston

We called him "good hitler"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Fun Killer :smith:

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Re: names

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDk1zGnEwgE

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

skasion posted:

Hitler had a close and very controlling relationship with his niece Geli Raubal in the late 1920s. Historians differ on whether they were sexually involved or not, but it was definitely not a healthy relationship and when she tried to move out of Hitler's apartment in Munich to live in Vienna, he refused her permission and she committed suicide. Obviously this did not redound to Hitler's credit and a lot of rumors started going around that he had been molesting her or whatever. Otto Strasser, a former Nazi who had lost a power struggle within the party to Hitler a couple years before, began to make the claim that Hitler was a depraved piss fetishist who had basically driven Geli to shoot herself out of shame, or maybe killed her to shut her up or something. This type of claim is what Zizek is quoting. Obviously Strasser was not exactly an unbiased source but Zizek doesn't care whether this is true or not, he just wants to tell you about how superficially normal things are like Hitler getting pissed on.

This Hitler guy sounds like a dick

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I find all the "cuphead is like soooo hard, it's dark souls!" stuff weird because it's really no harder than any action game made before 1998.

https://twitter.com/GrigLager/status/915630469374369792

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I sure do love global thermonuclear war.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Jmcrofts posted:

I find all the "cuphead is like soooo hard, it's dark souls!" stuff weird because it's really no harder than any action game made before 1998.
yeah the boss battles are a bit harder than the average mega man game, but without them being at the end of a long level?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jmcrofts posted:

The "hardest game ever omg" hyperbole was dumb back when it was about Dark Souls and it's dumb now that it's about Cuphead.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have no did in this fight since I haven't played cuphead yet but lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Man Meat? How original. :rolleyes:

Tony Sandaele? That's better.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait bones aren't organs?

e: They sure as gently caress are. :smugmrgw:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wait bones aren't organs?

e: They sure as gently caress are. :smugmrgw:

Don't believe Big Organ's propaganda! Skeleton is not an organ! It is skeleton!

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Just lol if you're talking about a 2d platformer in TYOOL 2017 when we have VR anime titty games with special flesh light autosuck attachments that play with your dillz while you smack around computer boobies.

Just lol.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Big Organ's propaganda

moooooooooooooooooods

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Just lol if you're talking about a 2d platformer in TYOOL 2017 when we have VR anime titty games with special flesh light autosuck attachments that play with your dillz while you smack around computer boobies.

Just lol.

Please post this in meme format.

I think the expanding brain would be a good fit here.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

It's pretty cool how making a game bullshit hard and repetitive to compensate for only having like an hour of actual unique content not only work but became a point of pride among people who think they're too smart to fall for marketing.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

why are there anime faces in its eyes???

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Guy Mann posted:

It's pretty cool how making a game bullshit hard and repetitive to compensate for only having like an hour of actual unique content not only work but became a point of pride among people who think they're too smart to fall for marketing.

Watch out, we've got a badass over here

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Eela6 posted:

Watch out, we've got a badass over here

I unironically think that the rick and morty memes and the cuphead memes are some really really bad attempt at viral marketing. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guy Mann posted:

You can solve a Rubik's cube in seconds, and those simpletons still buy the toy. What fools! How can they not understand that learning to solve it is not fun at all?