Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Spear is a running double leg. The Gore is a shoulder block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
Rhyno only has the gore and his love for spray cheese on crackers left dont take those away from him

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dolph Ziggler is insanely bad at selling.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

GOREGOREGORE

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Dolph Ziggler is in the Miz box of when he's doing bad everyone acts like he has been bad forever and when he is good everyone acts like he has been good forever

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Dolph Ziggler is insanely bad at selling.

he is very good at selling if you just pretend every match he's in is a comedy match

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
overselling rules, haters vacate

Give me shawn michaels selling 24/7

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Dolph Ziggler is Alex Riley with slightly better luck

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WadeBartender posted:

Rhyno only has the gore and his love for spray cheese on crackers left dont take those away from him

Dude they already took the Gore away from him, he hasn't used it since he moved to Raw.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Edge had the best spear in the business

Rhyno doesn't spear. He gores.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Vaguido posted:

Edge had the best spear in the business

a devastating running hug from a scrawny guy

The anime glomp weaponized

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

a devastating running hug from a scrawny guy

The anime glomp weaponized

I wish Edge would glomp me :3:

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

cams posted:

roman is probably one of the worst workers wwe has on their roster.

wwe is not a wrestling company, they are sports entertainers bla bla bla

Tye Dillinger is the drizzling shits in the ring and I believe that the WWE Universe does the 10 thing because the fan base is in love with the smell of their own farts

Cesaro and Russev are great pro wrestlers, that why it is so crazy that WWE has great scouts that can figure out who to hire, it is just too bad the person running the place has gone from crazy like a fox to just plan crazy. The only way for my 47 year old son to earn my respect is to fall at least 10 feet off of a "5-ton Steel Cage"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I 100% forgot Rhyno was on the active roster.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I barely watch WWE ever and have no idea who Tye Dillinger is and the whole match on sunday I was like "what is Tye Dillinger and why is he here"

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

VJeff posted:

Dude they already took the Gore away from him, he hasn't used it since he moved to Raw.

I dont watch main event but I know he's won matches on it, did he not use the gore to win?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I barely watch WWE ever and have no idea who Tye Dillinger is and the whole match on sunday I was like "what is Tye Dillinger and why is he here"

He was a guy that NXT made seem like a big deal, but turns out he's just another Jabroni.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Rhyno should be teaming with Matt Hardy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He's... ummm... THIS many *holds up both hands*

cams
Mar 28, 2003

based on the match sunday, which was the only time ive seen him wrestle, tye dillinger is orders of magnitude better in the ring relative to roman

i get holding wwe to a much, much lower standard than actual wrestling, but roman is bad even by those standards.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

No Luck Needed posted:

]

Cesaro and Russev are great pro wrestlers, that why it is so crazy that WWE has great scouts that can figure out who to hire, it is just too bad the person running the place has gone from crazy like a fox to just plan crazy.

Vince was always just crazy, hes the luckiest motherfucker walking the earth

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

He was a guy that NXT made seem like a big deal, but turns out he's just another Jabroni.

So every NXT call up ever

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
Tye is actually very good in ring.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Why do you expect him to regress until the point he's only passable?

If you think the past few years of singles action Roman has had is passable than that's fine but I consider it to not be.

If I was giving out grades Roman would get an F in character an F in in ring psychology an F in promos and a c- in tag action for his role as the least skilled member of the shield. Unfortunately that averages out to be a bad wrestler in my book before we even get into whether that wrestler should be pushed as the top guy.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 10, 2017

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
im very distressed about them taking the gore from rhyno

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

cams posted:

i get holding wwe to a much, much lower standard than actual wrestling

"Actual wrestling" he says in the heaviest and wheeziest lisp ever

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

WadeBartender posted:

I dont watch main event but I know he's won matches on it, did he not use the gore to win?

I just checked, he beat Dash Wilder with a spine buster after missing a gore.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WadeBartender posted:

I mean I'm not counting Main Event cause who watches Main Event.

The_Rob posted:

Tye is actually very good in ring.

Good post, imo.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

cams posted:

i do not think he is fine, i think he is one of the worst workers on the wwe roster. every "passable" reigns match i have seen involved him doing almost nothing except selling poorly and doing his comeback, which i think he executes poorly. you could take any reigns match and replace him with dolph ziggler and the match would be better because dolph at least sells well. actually dolph is a better wrestler than roman by every metric.

it was brought up earlier but roman has no improvisational skills, and the way his matches play out show it. as bad as his mania match with undertaker was, his mania match with trips was even worse. one of the most boring, plodding, unexciting matches i've seen, mostly because the gameuhhh has to CARRY him the entire time. the storytelling was entirely on his shoulders. roman is wrestling dead weight.

If Reigns didn't get to spend the first years of his time in WWE having his flaws hidden in trios matches and had to wrestle 4 minute nothingburgers on Superstars and people 5 years past giving a gently caress in main events instead of the literal top flight talent of the roster during basically his entire run he'd slot in nicely beside Jinder in terms of how his matches and in-ring talent are viewed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
His matches are very good and experts like Dave Meltzer and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin complement him constantly on how good they are.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I stand by my earlier statement that Reigns will forever be 1000x more interesting in the ring than Test

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

VJeff posted:

I mean I'm not counting Main Event cause who watches Main Event.

Alicia Fox fans (not of her promos, of her just wrestling), people who decide they need to see cruiserweights 3 times a week instead of 2, Kalisto fans before he joined the cruiserweight division. I watched a good bit of Main Event when Neville was on it, he'd kill himself in those matches to barely beat Curtis Axel or Bo Dallas.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tye is a good hand who became a meme thanks to the stupidest amd worst fans ever (full sail) and parlayed that into success. Good for him imo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

"Actual wrestling" he says in the heaviest and wheeziest lisp ever

i'm well spoken, pretty, and my voiced is measured but deep and sensual. the "best" wwe matches would be middle of the road performances in almost any indy fed. wwe does spectacle well, which is fine, but they are not regularly putting on high quality wrestling matches. this shouldn't even be controversial, it's kind of their mission statement.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I remember Adam Rose would cut full blown promos on Main Event. That guy really scratched and fought for any air time he could get.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tye is pretty good and has an inherent likability to him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Feels Villeneuve posted:

His matches are very good and experts like Dave Meltzer and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin complement him constantly on how good they are.

Those guys basically rate WWE with training wheels on.

Except Dave can be a real ballbuster on WWE/NXT tag team matches, for whatever reason.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I cant wait until Roman Reigns wrestles Jinder Mahal and its good and people are forced to praise Jinder's carry job

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I stand by my earlier statement that Reigns will forever be 1000x more interesting in the ring than Test

well yeah

tye was a total jobber in nxt who accidentally got over with the crowd down there, and then whoops turns out he's pretty decent in ring.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WadeBartender posted:

I cant wait until Roman Reigns wrestles Jinder Mahal and its good and people are forced to praise Jinder's carry job

They did. It was bad and Jinder stiffed the everliving gently caress out of Roman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VJeff posted:

Those guys basically rate WWE with training wheels on.

Except Dave can be a real ballbuster on WWE/NXT tag team matches, for whatever reason.

Yeah I forgot the meme with Dave's ratings wasn't "Not in Tokyo Dome ****3/4", it was "Not in WWE ****3/4"

• Locked thread