Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

CubsWoo posted:

MLB saying that barring extreme weather conditions Game 4 will be played to completion today (which probably means sustained downpours or major lightning storms.) Nats have to be concerned if there are frequent rain delays since they don't really have a strong long relief guy on their LDS roster.

When is the rain forecast to begin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Your Taint posted:

2 pm for a 5:30 start

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Your Taint posted:

Noon-2PM, and the wind will probably be blowing in all day

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm going to be a complete nervous wreck Wednesday, oh god.

Traxis posted:

Any text suggestions for my new av?

Something about getting to third base.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There is no way this game finishes tonight. The rain forecast has a %75 chance of rain the entire night.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did this get talked about yet? Because it's cool and good.

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/917478254000427010

(They also fired the pitching coach, Neil Allen, before the ink was even dry on the extension)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Did this get talked about yet? Because it's cool and good.

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/917478254000427010

(They also fired the pitching coach, Neil Allen, before the ink was even dry on the extension)

I had high hopes for Allen but they may need to reshape the whole org as far as pitching coaches are concerned to purge every trace of the old way of doing things.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Popete posted:

There is no way this game finishes tonight. The rain forecast has a %75 chance of rain the entire night.

Sounds like there’s 25 out of 100 ways the game finishes tonight then 🤔

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Sounds like there’s 25 out of 100 ways the game finishes tonight then 🤔

and they all spell disaster for you at Sacrifice

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

ego symphonic posted:

I will never begrudge anyone for disliking Daniel Murphy; homophobia is not acceptable. Mostly I am just sad that the rest of the Nats can't hit anymore and there aren't any other Nats fans around to commiserate with.
I just don't post much, but the Nats are cool and good.

You'd think Cubsposters and DC sports posters would get along better. Our fatalism should be unifying. Such good teams, and they never go anywhere.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Traxis posted:

Any text suggestions for my new av?

ahhhh you beat me to it, well done. I don't have any good text suggestions, maybe Tongue Powered

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Respect the Game

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Casnorf posted:

I just don't post much, but the Nats are cool and good.

You'd think Cubsposters and DC sports posters would get along better. Our fatalism should be unifying. Such good teams, and they never go anywhere.

I don't think any Cubs posters have been making GBS threads on the Nats really (besides Daniel Murphy). I like the Nats for the most part, Bryce Harper gives me a queasy feeling when he comes to the plate though.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

CubsWoo posted:

MLB saying that barring extreme weather conditions Game 4 will be played to completion today (which probably means sustained downpours or major lightning storms.)

Looking forward to being completely out in the open in the bleachers tonight. :gonk:

Yesterday's weather was absolutely perfect for baseball and today's gonna be the complete opposite.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Puig was very animated last night. He also did a King Kong impression I was cracking up at, but my favorite is when he was jumping around in the batters box like an old Looney Tunes cartoon character.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

Verlander still gets game 2 on normal rest so :shrug:

Probably better to not have Verlander pitch twice against Cleveland anyways. iirc they have historically done well against him

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Popete posted:

I don't think any Cubs posters have been making GBS threads on the Nats really (besides Daniel Murphy). I like the Nats for the most part, Bryce Harper gives me a queasy feeling when he comes to the plate though.

Me too! 0-4 with 2Ks. Ouch.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Popete posted:

Yeah, if the Nats were playing anyone other than my team, I'd be rooting for them. Except Murphy, of course.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Banter with a friend who's a Nats fan isn't as fun anymore because holy poo poo his fatalism is at extreme measures, and I'm a Cubs fan.

That said, I don't mind the Nats (gently caress Daniel Murphy though). I wanted a Cubs/Nats NLCS, but the cards didn't fall that way.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
There should be a Picture-in-Picture of what Puig is doing, on all game during broadcasts when the Dodgers are playing.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Miz Kriss posted:

Banter with a friend who's a Nats fan isn't as fun anymore because holy poo poo his fatalism is at extreme measures, and I'm a Cubs fan.

That said, I don't mind the Nats (gently caress Daniel Murphy though). I wanted a Cubs/Nats NLCS, but the cards didn't fall that way.

DC sports fans in general have spent many consecutive years watching the Nats and Capitals dominate in the regular season only to flame out spectacularly in the early rounds of the playoffs. You'd be a fool not to be pessimistic at this point.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Probably better to not have Verlander pitch twice against Cleveland anyways. iirc they have historically done well against him
.723 OPS against Verlander in 52 games. The only better AL team is the Yankees, who OPSed .770 in 18 games.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
This is a good post.

https://twitter.com/jBuse33/status/917500670810427392/

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hotdog In A Hallway posted:

.723 OPS against Verlander in 52 games. The only better AL team is the Yankees, who OPSed .770 in 18 games.

Well poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I feel ok with Verlander regardless, he's been a boss

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

:bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Should pay attention to his studies IMO

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

ego symphonic posted:

DC sports fans in general have spent many consecutive years watching the Nats and Capitals dominate in the regular season only to flame out spectacularly in the early rounds of the playoffs. You'd be a fool not to be pessimistic at this point.

I can't think of any other city where the teams are so good in the regular season and then so completely turn into pumpkins in the postseason. The WIZARDS were the last team to win a series in this town. And they're not that great! (I still love John Wall though)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Intruder posted:

Should pay attention to his studies IMO

Maybe he’s studying to be a sports anchor.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
how many people were watching the game in that class?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

I can't think of any other city where the teams are so good in the regular season and then so completely turn into pumpkins in the postseason. The WIZARDS were the last team to win a series in this town. And they're not that great! (I still love John Wall though)

Oh that's easy.

Philadelphia

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

ego symphonic posted:

The Wizards and, you know...don't tell me. I know there's another sport here in town. You know. Anyway, they aren't half bad either, but what happens here when it comes to the playoffs? It's so consistent it's eerie.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Casnorf posted:

The Wizards and, you know...don't tell me. I know there's another sport here in town. You know. Anyway, they aren't half bad either, but what happens here when it comes to the playoffs? It's so consistent it's eerie.

You lose to the Pens in the 2nd round?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I loving love this so much. I stood up at work and nearly kicked my chair across the office in celebration when this happened.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

Oh that's easy.

Philadelphia

Philly hasn't been good (in the regular season) in ages though.

I agree if you're talking the early 00s Eagles/late 00s Phillies though. Probably why I'm so sympathetic.

axeil fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 10, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

Philly hasn't been good (in the regular season) in ages though.

I agree if you're talking the early 00s Eagles though. Probably why I'm so sympathetic.

'00 Eagles and Phillies, '80s 76ers, '90s Flyers

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The final pitch of the game last night is worth drooling over a bit

https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/status/917709451536355328

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

'00 Eagles and Phillies, '80s 76ers, '90s Flyers

Ah yeah, I added in the Phils. Who went:

NLDS Loss
WS Win