Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

dave doesn't like toru yano, who cares what his dumb rear end thinks

but he absolutely grades wwe on a curve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Tye will never be a Main eventer to build a company around. But dude is always over, is good in the ring and can lose without it hurting his overness. Give him small title runs every once in a while and he will be a good dude to have for a while.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So every NXT call up ever

Alexa Bliss is great

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

VJeff posted:

They did. It was bad and Jinder stiffed the everliving gently caress out of Roman.
Good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah I forgot the meme with Dave's ratings wasn't "Not in Tokyo Dome ****3/4", it was "Not in WWE ****3/4"

Yeah, that's basically how it goes. People unironically spout the Dave Loves Japan meme while being blissfully unaware of how charitable he is to the dross WWE trots out. Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal totally deserved 3.5 stars.

The_Rob posted:

Tye will never be a Main eventer to build a company around. But dude is always over, is good in the ring and can lose without it hurting his overness. Give him small title runs every once in a while and he will be a good dude to have for a while.

Y'know like Zack Ryder before they systematically destroyed the guy.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm genuinely curious for anyone present who feels like Roman' s matches are... let's say good enough. What are some matches of his you have liked and what did Roman contribute?

Seriously I promise not to bite I just wanna hear what you've got to say.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i mean the downside of tye is that he's already 36, not 26, so you gotta find another guy like that soon.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

reignofevil posted:

I'm genuinely curious for anyone present who feels like Roman' s matches are... let's say good enough? What are some matches of his you have liked and what did Roman contribute?

His matches are super mediocre to me. But there are so many people who were wayyyy worst than him. He's confident in the ring, has good timing, and his psychology isn't terrible. I'll never list any of his matches as my favorites ever. In ring though he is fine. Jinder however wrestles like a first year wrestling student. Every match he has is a veteran leading him carefully through simple easy spots, and when they need a couple bigger bumps they just throw in the Singh brothers.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
To be sure he (roman) isnt the worst thing WWE has ever asked us to endure.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

reignofevil posted:

I'm genuinely curious for anyone present who feels like Roman' s matches are... let's say good enough. What are some matches of his you have liked and what did Roman contribute?

I thought Roman was legit great in the Payback match with Braun. Looked like he was dead and made Braun seem like a Big Deal after Braun had become an afterthought around Mania season.

The_Rob posted:

His matches are super mediocre to me. But there are so many people who were wayyyy worst than him. He's confident in the ring, has good timing, and his psychology isn't terrible. I'll never list any of his matches as my favorites ever. In ring though he is fine. Jinder however wrestles like a first year wrestling student. Every match he has is a veteran leading him carefully through simple easy spots, and when they need a couple bigger bumps they just throw in the Singh brothers.

The first Orton/Jinder match wasn't even that terrible, but they've run the same match for his title defenses every PPV since. Simple strikes and rest holds, then he gets 4-of-the-5-moves-of-doom-ed, Singh interference, those guys bump like champs, Jinder hits that crap finisher, 1-2-3. Except for the 6-hour Punjabi Prison match, that was different, yes.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 10, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

D.N. Nation posted:

Except for the 6-hour Punjabi Prison match, that was different, yes.
I love how The Great Khali fell off the face of the earth after that match

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

What's with the "one fall" chant? idgi

X-Pac said something on twitter about the ring announcer being a mark.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Faustian Bargain posted:

It's a joke about the fact every match is one fall

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Faustian Bargain posted:

It's something that UK crowds do, and one of the things that the NXT smarks picked up and started chanting after NXT in London (Along with the Hey Bayley do you wanna be my girl)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

meltzer is real dumb

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Has Tye Dillinger ever wrestled Juice Robinson, and if so did they get Time Copped?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

finally after we were made to see how bad/lazy/unsafe each Shield member was by himself we can sit back and enjoy them squashing loving everyone because We Have No Other Ideas

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

finally after we were made to see how bad/lazy/unsafe each Shield member was by himself we can sit back and enjoy them squashing loving everyone because We Have No Other Ideas

Braun will defeat them with his power and the miz's guidance

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The_Rob posted:

Sami WISHES this was the deal he got.

Tye isn't bad. He's at least as good as...... Adam Rose I guess.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Braun will defeat them with his power and the miz's guidance

want to see the Big Brunch Club of Killian Dane, Braun Strongman, and Business Slacks Kane destroy them all

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

I love how The Great Khali fell off the face of the earth after that match

He was on the active roster website for a couple days, then (poof). Also nice how they just gave him Jinder's music when he moseyed out there to interfere.

I mean, just...drat. If you're going to book ridiculously, at least have some panache. "Oh, here's loving Great Khali, I guess. (shrug)"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Blaise330 posted:

Sami WISHES this was the deal he got.

Tye isn't bad. He's at least as good as...... Adam Rose I guess.

He's better than Adam Rose because he has a more genuine charisma.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The shield now has kliq levels of influence for sure, given that they had 90% of it when they weren't nearly as integral to vince as they are now. WWFE wrestling will get really good here in a year or three after everything bottoms out thanks directly to Roman.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Proposal: make bray wyatt a doink. Don't change his promos or his theme or his fireflies, just doink him out so at least we get to think about doink while he does his thing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Tye is in the exact same place as someone like Zack Ryder was. He is mostly catchphrase over, fairly charismatic, and a good wrestler but he's a one-dimensional character that has a definite ceiling, and that's maybe jobbing in an IC/US title match every once in a while.

It's a stroke of pure luck that Breeze has ended up where he's at right now, Vince just happens to think Fashion Files are as funny as everyone else does. Tye's been over-rated by the IWC and NXT crowd and people should know how Vince treats people who get over without his permission, they're emotionally beaten until they decide to leave the company, and sometimes the whole industry.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

projecthalaxy posted:

Proposal: make bray wyatt a doink. Don't change his promos or his theme or his fireflies, just doink him out so at least we get to think about doink while he does his thing

good news

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

projecthalaxy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhNrq6PPxdc

heel doink was scarier than Wyatt in every way

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The_Rob posted:

He's better than Adam Rose because he has a more genuine charisma.

Rose's fake forced charisma was a fun trainwreck tho.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Shield is forever wonderful and I love them very much.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i can't help but see the shield reunion as anything but step 1 in the plan to make wrestlemania not end in a chorus of boos (again)

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I want to see the Shield vs Braun, Brock, and Enzo

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The Shield reunion is great because if it is ANYTHING like the old way the Shield was run, it's doing the most basic but important poo poo correctly: you highlights strengths and hide weaknesses. The three of them are such a complete package and cover for each other's weaknesses so well, and if they keep with Roman being the big hitter who comes in to put the finishing touches/final blow on their opponents it is probably gonna get him just as over as he was back when they were still a unit.

And when they inevitably split again it will show what Reigns lacks more so again. But nothing will change because Vince wants what Vince wants.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I can't wait until January where the shield get to do their own Make Way New Stars and throw all the cruiserweights and UK guys and stuff out of the Rumble this year so Roman can win but you'll like it this time

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
agreed

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If you want a vision of the future, imagine Roman kicking Pete Dunne in the dick and throwing him out forever

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hell yeah

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think the 2018 Royal Rumble winner will probably depend on which brand gets Elimination Chamber as the following PPV. It's looking like RAW, and if that's the case, then I don't think Roman will win it, as WWE will probably want him to compete in the Elimination Chamber (and I doubt Lesnar will work Elimination Chamber). If Smackdown gets Elimination Chamber again, then yeah I can see Roman winning the Royal Rumble.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
For some reason I think Raw's gonna keep Fastlane just because I associate Fastlane and Roman so strongly.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope roman wins the rumble because if roman doesnt want to win the rumble then jinder is going to have to win the rumble and i think thats bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope roman wins the rumble because if roman doesnt want to win the rumble then jinder is going to have to win the rumble and i think thats bad

Pretty sure WWE will be wrapping up, or killing the Jinder push at that point.

I think what happens at the Rumble depends on who has the WWE title at the end of it. If Styles is holding it, Nakamura could win the Rumble (still not likely though, but AJ wants to face Nakamura at Wrestlemania). If Jinder is holding it, that means John Cena is going to win it, and beat Jinder Mahal, because AMERICA!!!

• Locked thread