Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
obscene power and wealth draws and breeds sociopaths

eat the rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

facialimpediment posted:

Three women now accusing Harvey Weinstein of rape on the record. There's audio of Weinstein admitting to groping one of them.

https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/917765408412794880

Edit: The NYC District Attorney had this audio. The NYC DA is Cy Vance, basically the same guy that took money to pass up charges on Don Jr. and Ivanka a while back.

And remember how in Charlottesville, a black guy was beaten by white supremacists in a parking garage? One of the supremacists did an end run around the system and convinced a local magistrate to sign off on a felony arrest warrant for the black guy, for "unlawful wounding".

Not joking.

As per the article NYPD SVU took this seriously enough to wire her up for a sting.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

So is it progress that a bunch of prominent people are going down for sexually assaulting women or is it a wash since we elected a guy who said he grabs women by the pussy?

The latter is evidence of no progress, the former just a pastime of public humiliation we now get to enjoy thanks to the internet make these things much harder to suppress.

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 10, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This makes my skin crawl.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
gently caress that dude

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zeris posted:

My source is a Finn who won't shut up about why he left Finland, but I am open to being wrong about this.

Was it because of all the finns? that's why I'd leave

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Syrian Lannister posted:

Nobody gently caress that dude

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Catalonian regional president is speaking right now. poo poo could be unleashed in Southern Europe in a bad way tonight. Still waiting for the conclusion, but he's def. not heaping praise on Madrid right now at least.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

tastefully arranged labia posted:

This makes my skin crawl.

This is down right evil, and I hope they let him fall.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was it because of all the finns? that's why I'd leave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DInQ7XWJYAM

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Apparently Colin Powell was spotted leaving the White House.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
The area around Santa Rosa/Napa CA is currently an inferno still. I don't know if they got the big stuff off the vines, down here they are still waiting on cab.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

So is it progress that a bunch of prominent people are going down for sexually assaulting women or is it a wash since we elected a guy who said he grabs women by the pussy?

We're not making any loving progress and the high profile poo poo is a distraction from that.

Sorry I'm in ball of impotent rage mode about this topic at the moment.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lightpole posted:

The area around Santa Rosa/Napa CA is currently an inferno still. I don't know if they got the big stuff off the vines, down here they are still waiting on cab.

I get that wine is a huge thing and burning up vineyards will really gently caress up their local economy, but this speaks to me more than being short on cab sauv for a couple years.

Edit: This is in Santa Rosa

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 10, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Holy gently caress, I didn't think it was that bad. That's SF/bay area or LA?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Insurance gonna pay out big and there's gonna be a rush of construction.

When life gives you firestorms make houses.

Since they arnt all poor Puerto Rican's the purpose of help is gonna be huge.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Slim Pickens posted:

I get that wine is a huge thing and burning up vineyards will really gently caress up their local economy, but this speaks to me more than being short on cab sauv for a couple years.

My opinion as well

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Holy gently caress, I didn't think it was that bad. That's SF/bay area or LA?

North of the Golden Gate. Yesterday I could smell it in San Mateo, and by the time I got to South San Francisco my eyes were burning. SSF is still a couple hours drive away from the fire.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

LingcodKilla posted:

Shame about both the lumber tariff and the massive timber loss from the fires in BC. It'll slow stuff down a little.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

And remember how in Charlottesville, a black guy was beaten by white supremacists in a parking garage? One of the supremacists did an end run around the system and convinced a local magistrate to sign off on a felony arrest warrant for the black guy, for "unlawful wounding".

Not joking.

I love this state it's great. Should the local nazis give me the business they don't even need to play fast and loose with the law and grease some palms, local law is right along side them :banjo:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

The retarded base will bitch and moan about how California doesn't deserve it because of some pissy little secession attempt after the election, so expect the same thing from glorious leader

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I wanna see Trump toss water balloons at a country club.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Finally a chance to promote Trump wine.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Jarmak posted:

Sorry I'm in ball of impotent rage mode about this topic at the moment.

Hey, relax, friend, the president spent his day:

- namecalling and making GBS threads on Bob Corker
- making GBS threads on his secretary of state
- making GBS threads on ESPN
- making GBS threads on the NFL
- making GBS threads on Congress
- plugging and praising a book about, get this: Donald John Trump

so it can't be all that bad.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 10, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
John Bolton was also spotted heading to the White House

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

congrats on your future upcoming forever war in iran

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LingcodKilla posted:

WHO IS READY TO BE ANGRY:

Things are a logistical mess in Puerto Rico

And a friend from Puerto Rico posted this on Facebook (he has been doing this almost every day)

quote:

María Update: Day 20
86% (2,900,000 people) with no electricity.
40% (1,300,000 people) with no water.
In a different reality, this would have been hilarious.
Let me explain.
Comerío is a town in central Puerto Rico. María destroyed the pipes supplying the town with running water. Which means over 20,000 people have no access to water and, according to the mayor, who I just heard on the radio BEGGING for help, the repairs could take months. And, on top of all, the local wastewater plant was also demolished, which means that wastewater is pouring right into the La Plata River, which the people of the town are using to bathe, clean dishes and, in some cases, drink.

A Puerto Rican National Guard unit specializing in combat water purification systems was deployed a couple of days ago. These Guardsmen are Puerto Rican, so they put their all to set up a small power generator and build a small water purification station to, at least, provide an oasis of safe drinking water for the thousands of families in Comerío.

Here's were it gets surreal.
The government has not given permission for that water to be distributed until they test it and deem it safe. Not a problem, right?
Yeah, the testing takes a week.

This is a combat water purification system, designed for rapid deployment in order to give soldiers water in combat zones. But, yeah, let's not use it for a week. I mean, people can survive without clean water for seven days, right? Hilarious, isn't it?
Bureaucracy is a cruel thing. Here's another example.

We've been getting a lot of rain in the past couple of days, with forecasts of more throughout the week. Today, there's a 70% chance of rain. Thousands and thousands of families don't have a roof over their head. They desperately need a tarp to, at least, cover part of their homes so that they don't lose the few things they have left. FEMA does have tarps on the island. So, why are there still people without at least a tarp over their home? Well, in its infinite wisdom, FEMA has decided that only the Army Corp of Engineers is allowed to install tarps. Which sounds excellent, until you realize that there are thousands upon thousands of homes without roofs. Instead of allowing local communities to distribute and install these vital supplies, will probably take the Corp of Engineer a couple of years to install all those tarps.
Meet bureaucracy, the true catastrophe we're living in Puerto Rico. And these are only a couple of stories. People in Maunabo are screaming for help, they have yet to receive supplies. Citizen volunteer groups are organizing and departing every day to clear roads to communities that are still cut off, almost three weeks after the storm. Citizen volunteer groups are delivering aid much more effectively than FEMA or the local government. Citizen volunteer groups are truly the heroes of María.

Yes, we have received Federal aid. Yes, the people on the ground, both local and from the mainland, are doing a monumental job. But, the naked truth is that the response has been incredibly slow. We needed the United States Armed Forces to mobilize the day after the storm as if they were going to war. But, to many leaders in Washington D.C., we Puerto Ricans are not human. That has become abundantly clear.

The best support we have received is from you. From you who are reading this. From you who have sent supplies out of your own pocket. From Puerto Ricans from the diaspora like Amy, Ada, Ri, Prisca and countless others who have mobilized like an army. From citizens from Perú, Colombia, Spain, Venezuela, México, Cuba, and all our brothers and sisters across the globe. From people from the mainland who have called their Representatives in Congress, who have donated, sent supplies or just sent us messages saying "We are behind you. We will not abandon you."
Thank you all.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

On the Fire Chat:

There are also fires in Orange County, just outside LA. My wife's hometown, Santa Ana, is also on fire currently.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

And a friend from Puerto Rico posted this on Facebook (he has been doing this almost every day)

Why won't they let people set up the tarps on their own wtf.

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 10, 2017

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ElMaligno posted:

link his post so it can be shared. not many people seem to really see how bad it is.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Heck, I'm not knocking the Finns. I think I've finally found my people after that vid.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

CommieGIR posted:

This is down right evil, and I hope they let him fall.

Look on the bright side I'm sure he's going to spend a lot of time in prison

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

RFC2324 posted:

link his post so it can be shared. not many people seem to really see how bad it is.

Dunno if this works
https://www.facebook.com/PeteValle/posts/10155070263815208

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Perfect, thanks!

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

- namecalling and making GBS threads on Bob Corker
- making GBS threads on his secretary of state
- making GBS threads on ESPN
- making GBS threads on the NFL
- making GBS threads on Congress
- plugging and praising a book about, get this: Donald John Trump

gently caress this poo poo, I'm ready to embrace the nuclear hellfire.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Syncopated posted:

Why won't they let people set up the tarps on their own wtf.

They're still waiting on printer paper & ink so that commanders can sign using a big fat skilcraft pen at the bottom of every individual homeowners' risk assessments for individualized tarp installation projects

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Thanks for sharing the link. The only people I have seen on my timeline talking about Maria are the one PR person who is rightly pissed and some Trumpettes Stateside who are saying everything is fine on the island.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
commander's guidance: we have suffered enough. no more accidents. maximum safety from here on.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I have a late addition. Almost a pallette cleanser.

https://twitter.com/saraecook/status/917833585037541376

Edit: ahahahaha this loving white house

https://twitter.com/RobbieGramer/status/917832225420345345

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ElMaligno posted:

Could he change the privacy to make that a public post so I can share it? nevermind, issue on my end

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 10, 2017

• Locked thread