Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Somberbrero posted:

the eternal question, scum or dumb

well, that's incredibly rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

QuoProQuid (3): flerp, gif Probst, Somberbrero
Hal Incandenza (2): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan

Not Voting (4): Asiina, Hal Incandenza, QuoProQuid, Tobbs Gnawed

With 9 people left in the Room, it takes 5 votes to expel someone.
The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 hours.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##vote Hal

Bets are sacred. And so is symmetry.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

##unvote

I was wondering what would happen to the joke votes after somber made a case.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I was wondering what would happen to the joke votes after somber made a case.

i realized qpq was at -2 and didnt feel comfortable w/ that

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

i realized qpq was at -2 and didnt feel comfortable w/ that

Yeah it's easy to forget we started with 9, a sneeze in one direction or another and someone dies.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I don't like Sombers post even a little bit.
Scum found, just waiting to find the teammate.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Jamuraan posted:

how so?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

somber isnt scum dummy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I hate you all for making me play seriously already.

Somber, what was so different between QPQ's shitposting and mine? Why was only his scummy?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##unvote

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

I hate you all for making me play seriously already.

Somber, what was so different between QPQ's shitposting and mine? Why was only his scummy?

sorry you have to play seriously when deadline's coming up and there are 9 people in this game

also as an fyi i have stuff going on p much all day up to the deadline. ill be able to check in, but mostly on phone. ill try not to forget about this game but just wanted to give a heads up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote Hal

Bets are sacred. And so is symmetry.

Is this a serious vote (which your next post implies)

I dont like it one bit

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is this a serious vote (which your next post implies)

I don’t like it one bit

I don't like you serious posting and not voting.

And I like seeing how people behave under the spotlight, and how people interact.

Just because we don't get flips doesn't mean two people in the room didn't team up to become assholes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

And I like seeing how people behave under the spotlight, and how people interact.

Just because we don't get flips doesn't mean two people in the room didn't team up to become assholes.
And I don't like that you deflected instead of answering his question.

##vote Tobbs

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

i mean he was already at -3? was he not already under the spotlight?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

i mean he was already at -3? was he not already under the spotlight?

I really don't like it because this is a small game AND it's late in the day so putting someone at -2 for seemingly no reason and shifting momentum to me is a pretty serious move. Since the other two votes on me were joke votes (I believe) and Tobbs himself had no reasoning it makes me very suspicious of both him and QPQ since it looks like he wants to shift the momentum off him. His response to my question didn't make me feel any better. ##vote Tobbs Gnawed

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Hal Incandenza (2): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, Tobbs Gnawed, PMush Perfect
QuoProQuid (2): flerp, gif Probst, Somberbrero, flerp
Tobbs Gnawed (2): PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (3): Asiina, flerp, QuoProQuid

With 9 people left in the Room, it takes 5 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 6 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 1

Hal Incandenza (2): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, Tobbs Gnawed, PMush Perfect
QuoProQuid (2): flerp, gif Probst, Somberbrero, flerp
Tobbs Gnawed (2): PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (3): Asiina, flerp, QuoProQuid

With 9 people left in the Room, it takes 5 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 6 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I like votefinders version frankly

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This seems like a weak justification to me. A serious post dies not need to be preceded by a post. Announcing that you are putting someone "on the spotlight" is self*defeating.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've had a very terrible day, but I'm here now and should remain here more or less until deadline.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I've had a very terrible day, but I'm here now and should remain here more or less until deadline.

Awwwww

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I really don't like it because this is a small game AND it's late in the day so putting someone at -2 for seemingly no reason and shifting momentum to me is a pretty serious move. Since the other two votes on me were joke votes (I believe) and Tobbs himself had no reasoning it makes me very suspicious of both him and QPQ since it looks like he wants to shift the momentum off him. His response to my question didn't make me feel any better. ##vote Tobbs Gnawed

So do you think Tobbs and QPQ must be scum together?

Jamuraan posted:

How do you know?

gif Probst posted:

somber isnt scum dummy

How do you know?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
About all we have to work with is who defends who and who votes who.

The only way for someone to be confirmed town is for them to be night-killed.

And putting someone at -2 with only 3 players left to vote (flerp unvoted simultaneously) still requires 2 out of 3 undecided players to vote in order to hammer someone.

If two players had jumped in with a quick hammer you can just about guarantee one is scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

About all we have to work with is who defends who and who votes who.

The only way for someone to be confirmed town is for them to be night-killed.

And putting someone at -2 with only 3 players left to vote (flerp unvoted simultaneously) still requires 2 out of 3 undecided players to vote in order to hammer someone.

If two players had jumped in with a quick hammer you can just about guarantee one is scum.
These aren't reads or opinions, these are facts. Facts tell us nothing about your views, your opinions, or your alignment.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I actually feel better about Hal for putting out a solid opinion.

##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Probst

Sitting on a joke vote in a 9-player game is bad and so is calling someone town with no reasoning except apparently that you like them?

Willing to move, but I think Probst is a scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pmush I never said the shitposring itself was scummy, reread that.

Qpq 'why' is vague questioning, yes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

PMush Perfect posted:

These aren't reads or opinions, these are facts. Facts tell us nothing about your views, your opinions, or your alignment.

Nothing tells anyone anything about alignment except dying.

Maybe we'll get lucky and end the game before LYLO, but if not everyone needs to get opinions out there.

Hell, if there are three players alive and the game isn't over all we know is that one of the lynches hit scum and all the kills hit town.

I like somber, jam, and flerp for town. I feel like Hal and Asiina need to engage more though that seems to be happening as we approach deadline.

Somber's case is a little bit of a stretch but QPQ hasn't done too much to address it.

gif Probst posted:

somber isnt scum dummy

I don't know what this is, though. gif probst seems to still have a jokevote on QPQ, and the only players who know for sure who is town and who isn't are scum (even though I think somber is in fact playing his town game).

I get the feeling that PMush is pushing me to deflect off a scumbro, but honestly that's just my gut.

I think ##vote gif probst is the best vote for today.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, okay. Now that he's actually talking about his opinions, I'm feeling better about Tobbs.

Somberbrero posted:

Pmush I never said the shitposring itself was scummy, reread that.
I did. My point is that you haven't at all explained why QPQ's posting is scummy to you, but mine wasn't. It feels like you picked someone to be scummy and then came up with reasons.

##vote Somberbrero

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Asiina posted:

So do you think Tobbs and QPQ must be scum together?

How do you know?

How do you know?

In my opinion, Somber came out of nowhere with that post, and then put someone to -2 (and the obvious frontrunner for a quick lynch train).

I find it incredibly opportunistic and also the lack of mention that it put QPQ at -2.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, okay. Now that he's actually talking about his opinions, I'm feeling better about Tobbs.

I did. My point is that you haven't at all explained why QPQ's posting is scummy to you, but mine wasn't. It feels like you picked someone to be scummy and then came up with reasons.

##vote Somberbrero

I agree with this.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Asiina posted:

##vote Probst

Sitting on a joke vote in a 9-player game is bad and so is calling someone town with no reasoning except apparently that you like them?

Willing to move, but I think Probst is a scum.

I also agree with this reasoning

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

##vote Somberbrero

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i can feel the somb and gif votes but i dont think theyre a scum team

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

flerp posted:

i can feel the somb and gif votes but i dont think theyre a scum team

Then it's probably one or the other. Choose wisely.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ive called Somber scum for being aggressive out of the gate when he was town a couple times and Ive thought shitpostong probst was town a few times when he turned out to be scum so Im inclined to vote probst in that dichotomy

However unlike some I am not all that moved by Tobbs more recent posting so Im still most suspicious of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pmush i'm like 60% sure you're actually some kind of chatbot as that'd make more sense than your case. You weren't faking engagement when qpq was, you were just actively unhelpful. Totally different.

• Locked thread