Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
No Sense of Right and Wrong

Akkamarin, Great Torphyr, the Shallow Sea, the Bounty Lands, and others... all places now purely memories. There are even some places that cannot be remembered, whatever they were. That's what you get when you have a magical world war, skies burning with hellfire, armies of horrors being raised from peoples' literal nightmares, infinite time loops, entire cities being cast into the sun, the list of acts goes on. When the smoke had cleared and peace had finally been agreed it was determined that nothing so horrifying should ever be allowed to happen again.

So for once, all the clans of mages, arcane orders, and other occult societies formed a united organisation known as the Union of Natural Philosophers (or UN for short - the acronym makes more sense in Draconic) - a modern term supposed to symbolise the beginning of an age of reason and prosperity, with an eye towards stability and order, not almost destroying the world again in a flurry of arcane puissance, and for once showing remorse and acting as problem solvers in this broken world - after all by now a significant amount of problems were caused by you and your fellows. Not that this somehow has stopped wizards being wizards of course, even at the most unified times they still bicker and gossip and politic. Not to mention, in order to get these accords in place and to form this organisation with any significant support - it was necessary to allowing substantial freedom in carrying out any given objectives, but moreover it was necessary to allow such objectives to extend beyond merely helping this damaged world, but also help out other members of this organisation - rendering assistance could be in of itself seen as advancing peace, after all. From this it was decided that such troubleshooters best operate in teams, so that they can provide oversight for one-another, and otherwise provide security - even after amnesty was declared for any possible mystical war crimes, trust is hard to come by.

With that in mind you have each been assigned to a relevant team. Of course even if you are a part of this new organisation, you are still a part of your original order or clan or society, with all that entails. Hopefully you can leave this world a better place than you found it...

----

Important Information!
Wizardly/witchy/magical/occult/etc. playbooks please! That or a playbook that you have reskinned in order to be wizardly/etc. In either case as long as it's functional it will be considered.
You'll start at level 1, but you get a free advanced move (from the 2-5 list).
Death Moves: Even in death a wizard is not to be trusted. Death Moves will be in play, if you have a playbook which has a Death Move by default then you're golden, otherwise I would generally suggest using the Death Moves from Grim World if applicable. Either way Death Moves are not so important at character generation, and if that part is not sorted out and you get picked then we can deal with that later!

Important Questions!

- Before you joined the UN you were a part of a mystical league or a mage clan or an arcane society or a similar organisation (and still are, but you're formally operating under the UN currently), who are they, and what are they known for?

- The war was not that long ago, you were in that war in some way, shape, or form. During the war, what did you lose, what did you gain, and what is your greatest regret?

Other Stuff

If you want to discuss things more I'll be on #RightAndWrong on SynIRC
I'm not sure how long I'll keep the recruit open but a few weeks at most. We'll see how the applications come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Sah-Tah-Ish, the Immolator

Sah-Tah-Ish was born to an orcish father and an elven mother, just one of many facets of a strong push to unify the two peoples in the face of encroaching war. As national tensions rose, she found herself pushed to learn the arts of pyromancy and took to the lessons well. As the months went by it seemed more and more likely that she would find herself on the front lines of a conflict nobody wanted but appeared inevitable. It was with a great sigh of relief that at the final moments, cooler heads prevailed and all involved countries backed down from the brink and lasting peace agreements were signed.

Sah-Tah-Ish never saw that day. Torn from her reality, she found herself thrust into a version of that conflict that had spiraled so far beyond control that entire swathes of the world had been utterly obliterated. Cities hurled into the nothingness beyond time. Whole armies immolated in firestorms that made the ground run like water. Her power, never something to sneer at, paled in comparison to the horrifying magics flung about with careless abandon in the hopes that the latest atrocity could end the conflict once and for all. By some miracle she managed to survive and see reason reassert itself in the land. That the world would not end was gratifying to know, but it was mollified by the knowledge that with the new sanctions placed upon spell-weavers, she would never see her true home again. For better or worse, she was stuck in this parallel universe for good.

Sah-Tah-Ish is the last and youngest member of the Sisters of Ardor, an elite corp of alternate universe versions of herself. They vary in names, age, and skill, but they are unquestionably the same person, with nearly identical backgrounds that only differ in the small details. It had been a source of great comfort for most of them knowing that though they can never go home again, they have those bonds in common. The Sisters are led by Sin-Rat-Tei, the version of them who is actually native to this reality, and who was responsible for coming up with the idea of pulling alternate universe copies of herself from their realities to bolster her forces. Many of the sisters resent Sin for what she's done, and Sin herself fully accepts responsibility for dragging them all into the hellish nightmare the war ultimately proved to be. Sah, however, has refused to become bitter about it and has sworn to support their Prime self as best she can. After all, she cannot say with certainty she wouldn't have done something similar. And it was Sin who was a constant source of guidance and comfort when the horrors of war threatened to overwhelm her. Her only real regret is that she never got to say goodbye to her friends and family. Versions of some of them still live, it's true, but it's just not the same thing.

The Sisters of Ardor mostly support the idea behind the UN, and Sah volunteered at Sin's request to be one of their representatives. She is interested to meet and work with other mages now that they are no longer forced to fight one another on the battlefield.

quote:

STR 15 (+1) INT 08 (-1)
DEX 11 (+0) WIS 13 (+1)
CON 16 (+2) CHA 09 (+0)

DMG d8
ARMOR 0
HP 20

Alignment
Neutral - Exchange a sacrifice, freely given, for a service rendered.
Race
Salamander - Elves are born with fire in their blood. Orcs are born with magic in their souls. In the rare cases where that blood and soul mingle, the result is colloquially known as a Salamander.
Non-magical heat and fire cannot harm you.

Look
smoldering eyes, perfect skin, imperious bearing, whispering voice

Gear
a symbol of sacrifices past (hair beads, one for each soul given up to burn)
adventuring gear (5 uses, 1 weight)
dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
ribbon (a gift from her sisters)

Bonds
Srmz has felt the hellish touch of fire, now he knows my strength.
• I will teach Vix the Imp the true meaning of sacrifice.
• I cast something into the fire for Calliope Dispatch and still owe her her due.

quote:

Starting Moves

Burning Brand
When you conjure a weapon of pure flame, roll+CON. On a 10+ choose two of the following tags, on a 7-9 choose one. You may treat your INT as your STR or DEX in regards to making attacks with this weapon. The weapon always begins with the fiery, touch, dangerous, and 3 uses tags. Each attack with the weapon consumes one use.

• hand
• thrown, near
• +1 damage
• remove the dangerous tag

Fighting Fire With Fire
When you take damage, and that damage is odd (after armor) the flames within you come to your aid. Roll 1d4 and either add that many uses to your burning brand (if active), take that result forward to summon your burning brand, or reduce the damage by that amount, your choice.

Zuko Style
When you bend a flame to your will, roll+WIS. On a 10+ it does as you command, taking the shape and movement you desire for as long as it has fuel on which to burn. On a 7-9 the effect is short-lived, lasting only a moment.

Give Me Fuel, Give Me Fire
When you gaze intensely into someone eyes, you may ask their player “what fuels the flames of your desire?” they’ll answer with the truth, even if the character does not know or would otherwise keep this hidden.

Hand Crafted
You may use your hands in place of tools and fire to craft metal objects. Mundane weapons, armor and metal jewelry can all be formed from their raw components. You may unmake these things, as well, but to do so without time and safety might require that you Defy Danger first.

Free Move: This Killing Fire
Add the following tags to your options for Burning Brand: messy, forceful, reach, near, far

Shardix fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 25, 2018

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Probably be a Witch here before too long.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Help! Over here! I was attacked by -

Woah, hold on. Easy there, hero.

Vix the Imp, The Unseelie Fae

It's a glamour. Here's your UN badge back and here's mine; Baron Vix of the Court of Belphagor, working under the Inspector General's office. Who trained you? Forget it, you're not the one I was looking for. Don't worry about what I'm up to. I'm investigating a thing. You don't gotta know. I'll tell you when you're older. Yes, I'm that Vix.

Staaaahp! Where'd you hear this nonsense? Tria? Figures. Here's what had happened: yeah, I'm one of those assholes that was in the time loop, and yeah, I was one of those assholes who remembered all the loops since I helped instigate it. Forget the rest. I was one of the few bustin' my rear end to try and get something done in there and stop the world from ending instead of gettin' my jollies off by toying with the folks with short memories, or fighting the others, or playing the speed-dating game. It was a mess. Absolute madness. I hate everyone else that was in there with all the passion that's left in my cold, dead heart.

I can't even explain it. I just about threw up at the timeline infographic Doc tried to make. It's all garbage anyways, what with memory being reconstructive and all that. And memory is all we got to carry over between loops. So if you hear anything other than an executive summary of the event, it's trash. Worthless. None of us remember all of it. There's no way.

Listen, I'm just doing this UN gig as a favor - forced favor - for the same person that sealed away most of my power and got me on the straight-and-narrow-and-high-and-right. And besides, who cares if my heart ain't in it? I'm a professional on a contract. I do a good job 'cause I got pride in my work. It's practical; you think a bunch of goodie-two-shoes like yourself gonna be able to catch the worst of the worst? Get outta here.

And while you're at it, physically get outta here. I'm workin' a job here. Shoo! Scram, before I write your boss up for waste, fraud, and abuse for sending your dumb rear end out to wander aimlessly, wasting the taxpayers' money with inefficient tasking.

quote:

Before you joined the UN you were a part of a mystical league or a mage clan or an arcane society or a similar organisation (and still are, but you're formally operating under the UN currently), who are they, and what are they known for?

Worked for - well, still sorta work for - the Court of Belphagor. Belphagor, as in the bigwig demon. We all ham it up when we're on this side of Hell, bein' all mysterious and poo poo, but we're just a bunch of con artists that get our kicks watching dirt farmers try to pull off get rich quick schemes that we come up with. It's cruel, but we're all a bunch of salty misanthropes anyways and they ain't goin' anywhere with their lives, so gently caress 'em. Better this than trying to take over the world or something equally stupid.

I'm one of a bunch of high ranking imps that go out and do the wish-gone-wrong granting thing. The court's got a good variety of succubi, incubi, minor demons, whatever. We got all the angles covered. Got real big into war profiteering, but now that that mess is over, we're - they're - back to the old MO. I gotta be on my best behavior now that someone got a hold of my true name.

quote:

The war was not that long ago, you were in that war in some way, shape, or form. During the war, what did you lose, what did you gain, and what is your greatest regret?

Lost my freedom and lost my cool. I ain't got the patience for all this anymore, and no patience for long answers. Call it a readjustment problem after the loop. People think the war went long, but for us in there... We lost track of it. And then we had to keep going once we got out of it. The folks that couldn't remember the loops were blessed. No kidding. I woulda given anything to be one of them.

I didn't gain poo poo. ... 'Cept maybe... Friends. I guess. I mean, at least the folks here respect me. Think I'm all mysterious and dangerous and untrustworthy and stuff. On the other side I'm just some low ranking imp, you know? And now I'm real popular stuff, even with most of my power sealed away.

And my only regret is granting the drat wish to start that loop up. I used to be a real sucker for tears and a sad story, you know? Probably still am, even if I say I ain't. But what am I gonna do about it now? It's over. It's over. I gotta move on. I ain't got a choice, even if I wasn't under orders. I got a future now, doing good stuff.

pre:
Vix

Str  08 (-1)  Int 13 (+1)
Dex  09 (+0)  Wis 15 (+1)
Con  12 (+0)  Cha 16 (+2)

DMG d4
ARM 1
HP  16

Drive: Mischief
Trick or deceive a mortal for your own amusement.

Unseelie Court: Banshee
Any beauty you have is a glamour to hide the ugliness of your
true visage. When you wail someone’s name in your screeching
voice and lament at their impending horrific death, take+2 to
cursing them. In addition, take the following as one of your chosen
weaknesses:

Hideous - when your glamour is stripped away, you appear as a
monster to those around you.

Look:
Uncaring Eyes, Luxurious Hair, Wicked Smile

Gear:
Load: 6/15
Dungeon Rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
Shadow Cloak (+1 Armor, 1 weight)
Wasp Launcher (near, 2 weight) and Loyal Hive (Distracting, 3 ammo, 1 weight)
Goldenroot (applied, 3 uses, 1 weight)
The target treats the next creature they see as a trusted ally, 
until proven otherwise.

Bonds:
_______________ is a fool, I enjoy taking advantage of them!
_______________ slighted me, and they will suffer.
I know what tempts __________.
_______________ owes me, and I will collect.

quote:

Starting Moves

Fae Nature
As a Fae, there are strange laws, customs, and weaknesses you must attend. When you create
your character, Choose 3 weaknesses. These are the Fae weaknesses that are specific to you.
When you encounter a situation that affects one of your weaknesses, either through the
natural course of play or as a result of a GM move, you immediately gain 1 Boon.

Name-Bound - Your True Name is Xaeramiemahr. You must obey one order of any that know your true name, then you are free.
Oath-Bound - You must keep any oath, deal, pact, or agreement you make.
Mischievous - You cannot resist playing pranks on or taunting figures of authority.

Curse
When you curse a person, creature, place, or object, say the curse out loud, spend 1 Boon
and roll +Wis. *on a hit, the curse changes their form, puts them into a supernatural slumber,
or strikes them mute *On a 10+, choose 2. *On a 7-9, choose 1. *On a miss, choose 1, and
those affected know who did the cursing.
• The curse only affects that which you want it to
• You choose how long it lasts: (3 days and 3 nights, until the next full moon, a year
and a day.)
• You choose how it can be broken: True Love’s Kiss, a heartfelt apology, a pure tear of
sorrow

Sly Words
When you mislead and confuse others with technically true words, roll+Cha. *On a 10+,
they make the assumption you were implying. *On a 7-9, they make an assumption, but not
the one you were hoping for.

Glamour
When you use your illusion magic to trick, entice, or confuse others, describe it and roll+Cha.
*On a 10+, they fall for your glamour. *On a 7-9, they’re mostly convinced, but demand some
kind of proof. *On a miss, you illusion shatters to reveal the naked truth.

Fae Tongue
You can communicate with other Fae, spirits, and wild, living things like forest animals and
plants. You cannot understand domesticated animals or plants.

Death Move: Perfect Wish
In your final moments, all the goodwill and friendship you have enjoyed
in your life manifest in one final perfect wish for one person you name.
When you die, name one person that you grant a perfect wish to. Their
wish, no matter what it is, will come true and at its core effects will
turn out as the wisher intends, though there may be longer reaching
consequences out of their control.

Free Move: Wish
When you grant a mortal’s wish, spend 1 Boon and roll +Wis. *On a 10+, you
may choose up to 3. *On a 7-9, you may choose up to 2.
• The wish seems to give them what they want.
• The wish gives them what they need.
• You may choose whether the wish later brings them misfortune or not.
• You choose whether the wish has an immediate unpleasant side effects or
not.

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 2, 2017

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll get a Channeler up soon.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Concept: Master Ren from Monstress as a Jack Vance Wizard

Tybalt, the Cat Wizard

Tabby Fur
Green eyes
Thin body
Two Tails

Stats: Strength 8 (-1), Constitution 12 (0), Dexterity 15 (+1), Intelligence 16 (+1), Wisdom 13 (+0), Charisma 9 (+0).

HP: 16

Moves:

Racial Move:Humans are blind and deaf to the magic all around them, but not you. Your eyes, ears, and nose are attuned to the magic all around. Gain Detect Magic as a cantrip.

Spellbook:
You have mastered several spells and inscribed them in your spellbook. You start out with three first level spells in your spellbook as well as the cantrips. Whenever you gain a level, you add a new spell of your level or lower to your spellbook. You spellbook is 1 weight.
Cantrips: Behold! A False Moon! (Light), Beauregards Discreet Butler (Unseen Servant), Kelvin’s Show of Magical Prowess (Prestidigitation), Cat’s Eyes, Ears, and Nose (Detect Magic)
Nekomancers Beneficient Spiritual Summons (Contact Spirits)
M’Tabbi’s Excellent Cloak of Hiding (Invisibility)
Ubasti’s Marvelous Claws Rend From Afar! (Magic Missile)

Prepare Spells:
When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet contemplation of your spellbook, you:
Lose any spells you already have prepared
Prepare new spells of your choice from your spellbook whose total levels don’t exceed your own level+1.
Prepare your cantrips which never count against your limit.

Cast a Spell (Int)
When you release a spell you’ve prepared, roll+Int.
On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell—you may cast it again later.
On a 7-9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you Prepare Spells.
After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell again until you prepare spells.
Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Spell Defense
You may end any ongoing spell immediately and use the energy of its dissipation to deflect an oncoming attack. The spell ends and you subtract its level from the damage done to you.

Ritual
When you draw on a place of power to create a magical effect, tell the GM what you’re trying to achieve. Ritual effects are always possible, but the GM will give you one to four of the following conditions:
It’s going to take days/weeks/months.
First you must .
You’ll need help from .
It will require a lot of money
The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited
You and your allies will risk danger from .
You’ll have to disenchant to do it.

Death Move: Something about coming back as a ghost to haunt my killer?

Alignment: Neutral Discover something about a magical mystery.

Gear: Load 6, Currently 5
Spellbook 1 weight
Dungeon Rations 5 uses 1 weight
Bag of books (5 uses, 2 weight) and 3 healing potions
Dagger (hand, 1 weight, refluffing as claws)
3 Antitoxins
Advanced Move:
Fount of Knowledge
When you spout lore about something no one else has any clue about, take +1.

Cat’s are the favored of Ubasti, and some cats are more favored than others. In the Dalaran mountains, living in the ancient monasteries of the wise and learned Monks of Mordenkainen live the most favored of all, the many tailed Cat’s. When they are born the many tailed cats have only two tails, but as they gain power and knowledge they are blessed with more tails. The many tailed cats are capable of walking on two feet when necessary and using their front paws as hands. Larger, smarter, and more magical than their mundane kin many tailed cats devote their lives to only three things. The study of magic, poetry, and worship of the gods. Their base needs are cared for by the monks in the monasteries, who venerate them as is right and proper.
Tybalt the Surefooted was young during the war. As a kitten, he helped maintain the seals that kept the monastery safe. As he grew older he was trained in battle and infiltration magic and became a scout along with his oldest friend T'sais Bright Eyed. They worked well together, providing valuable intelligence and performing sabotage missions during the war. Until one day when their scouting failed and their position was unexpectedly attacked by enemy forces. Seeing the humans they had come to know and feel affection for mercilessly cut down T'sais called upon the great demon Nahourezzin to destroy their enemies but she could not control the power and killed friend and foe. Tybalt was the sole survivor, badly injured he returned to the monastery to recover, only now venturing out after the end of the war.
Personality: Tybalt has been educated by the finest teachers in the world. The poets' wisdom is matched only by their love of beauty. Who can forget a lesson as beautiful as the 99 Sonnets of Magical Theory by Rhialto the Scribe? And if the poetry doesn’t always translate as well to common tongue, just more proof that these fools need guidance. If he occasionally comes off as a smug know-it-all, well he can’t help the fact that he’s usually right. And if Tybalt considers physical labor to be coarse and beneath his station, isn’t that fair recompense for his wisdom and his birthright as favored of Ubasti?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Janine Marie D'argent, Fulmen Justiciar of the Amberine Republic

pre:
Janine Marie D'argent

Str  08 (-1)  Int 12 (+0)
Dex  16 (+2)  Wis 09 (+0)
Con  13 (+1)  Cha 15 (+1)

DMG d8
ARM 1
HP  21

Drive: Show Off
Impress another with your wealth or skills

Your Weapon: A Fine Blade
Your weapon is sharp and cuts through anything in your path.
Your weapon can cut through any material, no matter how tough, 
and it Ignores Armor. When you stab your blade into something
and hold it there  that is your point of channeling

Look:
Cheerful Face, Athletic Body, Military Uniform, Ever-flowing Hair

Gear:
Load: 4/15
Thunder Alive (Close  Reach  Precise  Ignores Armor  +1 damage)
mystical armor (1 armor  2 weight)
Dungeon Rations (5 uses  1 weight)
Adventuring Gear (5 uses  1 weight)
Bandages (3 uses  0 weight)
A position of Nobility  with all the leverage and holdings that brings you.

Bonds:]
_____________ is like a sibling to me.
_____________ sees power like mine  but they are unworthy.
_____________ has much to learn about the world.
_____________ and I will never see eye to eye.

quote:

Starting Moves
Weapon of Power
You own a magic weapon, through which your magic works. You can call this weapon to
your hand by holding out your hand and willing it to you, and it will appear no matter
how far away or how much is between you and your weapon. Your weapon cannot be
destroyed, and you take no damage from any who wield it against you.
Your weapon has the tags Close +1 Damage and 0 Weight.
To anyone else, it has the tags Close -2 Damage and 10 Weight unless they have your permission to wield it.

Channel Weapon
Your weapon is powerful, but most of its power cannot be used without your guidance.
When you channel your magic through your weapon, you may choose one:
• Burn: The point of channeling burns white hot, catching fire immediately.
• Destroy: An inanimate object shatters, starting at the point of channeling. This spell
can only destroy an area slightly larger than your body, making it useful for tunneling
through a wall or door, but not for destroying an entire castle.
• Seal: If you leave your weapon at the point of channeling, this target is put into stasis.
They cannot be harmed and they cannot move or take action in any way.
This can be used to seal doors, enemies, and allies alike.

Sellsword
When you negotiate for your services, you can always make a single demand of your
employer. If the demand is one they can fulfill, they will always accept your demand.

Spell Lord
Choose a single Starting Move from any other playbook. It must be a move that grants you a magical ability. Record that move here:

When the Stars Align
You are able to read the stars and create a prophecy of things to come. When you Make
Camp under the open sky
, instead of healing, you may stay up all night reading the stars
for a prophecy. This prophecy will tell you about a grim portent that will come to pass
unless you do something about it, but the prophecy is vague. Choose two things that the
prophecy actually tells you:

• You get the name of someone involved in the event to come.
• You get a clear mental picture of the event's location.
• You get an idea of what action will trigger the event.
• You get a vision of the event's aftermath.

Death Move: Inheritor of the Blade Your blade survives even your passing, and it's master is now a character of your choosing.
If a PC, they gain the Weapon of Power and Channel Power move as though from a Multiclass move.

Free Move: Sword-whip
Choose another option from the Your Weapon list. You gain both the move and the ability associated with the new choice. Your first weapon is dual-purpose:
A Thin Whip
Your weapon is thin and nimble, with a mind of its own. It has the tags Reach and Precise, and you can control its movements completely and easily. The whip can grab, wrap around, and lift anything within range with ease. When you wrap your whip around something, that is your point of channeling.

"Don't run away, it's..." The warlock dives for the window, but D'argent has only to gesture and her tame firebolt has them by the ankle. "It's unbecoming. At least try and fight. You'd have a chance then." She can't help it, and laughs at the idea. "I shouldn't lie to the dead. It wouldn't have mattered."The accused scrambled in the dust, futilely trying to escape. "Don't get up. It's more fitting for you to pay your debts in the dirt. You have violated the UN Charter and thus the clause of Amnesty. For crimes against the Amberine Republic and it's people, you must face Justice." It is Justice Like Lightning, hot and impossibly fast. Janine Marie D'argent, Justiciar of her government, looks down at a former prince of Amberine. "They'll always ruin things. It's in their nature. Even if we ceded amnesty, it won't be forever. Justice Like Lightning." She commands her Living Thunder, and the evidence is quickly cremated. "Striking few, but feared by all that sinned."

quote:

Before you joined the UN you were a part of a mystical league or a mage clan or an arcane society or a similar organisation (and still are, but you're formally operating under the UN currently), who are they, and what are they known for?

The Kings and Queens of Amber ruled over their land with unbreakable mystic might, absolute control exercised without mercy or concern for those beneath them. As the Wizard Wars grew stranger, the crimes of the nobility against the Amberine people grew greater and more grotesque by the day. In the end, the lives of the common folk were used as fodder and fuel, both for terrible war magik and to feed the now eternal lives of the highest nobles. The lesser houses saw this injustice and banded together with the people to overthrow the monsters that ruled them. The fact that they had been cut out of immortality and ultimate power surely had no bearing on their rebellion, only the pursuit of justice. They used secret spells to tear the tools of revolution from the sky, earth, and sea; and the Justiciars built the Amberine Republic on the bones of their monarchy. But the purging was not complete, and those who escaped found amnesty in the creation of the UN. So the Justiciars offered their spellswords to the UN as needed, with the unstated goal to deal with any who remained of the Amber Kingdom as soon as they went beyond the pale. Rumor has it they strike at those who don't violate the UN Charter, but this is obviously the backbiting gossip of the jealous. Obviously.

quote:

The war was not that long ago, you were in that war in some way, shape, or form. During the war, what did you lose, what did you gain, and what is your greatest regret?

What did we lose? Our chains! What did we gain? Freedom! Justice! A More Equal Union! That's the party line, and it's not a lie as much as obfuscation by omission. I was the ninth daughter of some backwater count, now I am called First Among Equals. I have a piece of heaven's fire bound to my soul, ready to do my bidding at a thought and a gesture. I lost friends and family, both by the enemy's hand and my own. It was a war, and wars take more than you will ever gain.

I only have one regret, for everything that was done to and by me. We didn't finish the job. There are any number of Amberite Princes (Chronology and Identity are very, very unreliable concepts in this post-war period) hiding and working who knows what terrible things. It's a matter of our nation's security. And even if they're not planning, they grew fat on our suffering. They have been found guilty by our courts and will be punished as our law requires. The UN is my path to do so.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 17, 2017

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Good applications so far!
I'll go ahead and ask a question of each applicant thus far.

Shardix: What's the greatest thing that Sah-Tah-Ish misses from her original reality?

Atlatl: If Vix could grant themselves a wish for themselves... what would they wish for?

neaden: What remains of the Monks of Mordenkainen in this day and age, and what contact does Tybalt have with them (if any)?

Mr. Maltose: Having replaced a hierarchy of noble-born magic-weavers with... a different hierarchy of noble-born magic-weavers, how can Janine be so sure that the newly emancipated (and now republican) people won't turn on her and her fellows as well when the time comes?

For everyone else I'll give you questions when you finish your applications, but don't worry you still have time!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Infinite Oregano posted:

Mr. Maltose: Having replaced a hierarchy of noble-born magic-weavers with... a different hierarchy of noble-born magic-weavers, how can Janine be so sure that the newly emancipated (and now republican) people won't turn on her and her fellows as well when the time comes?

"It may come to that, one day. But to be Justiciar is the only position a magician can hold in the Amberine Republic. Our senate is mundane, the governors as well. Those that do not join one of the three branches have chosen the life of a citizen and no more. Our rebellion was not entirely selfish, either. We do not fear our fellow citizens because we do not prey upon them. That will have to be enough."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Infinite Oregano posted:

Atlatl: If Vix could grant themselves a wish for themselves... what would they wish for?

"Me? Wish? Listen, I'm the one who gives those out just to prove how much of a waste it is to simplify desires and highlight to someone that they're so dumb that they don't even know what they want. Wishes exist to teach folks a lesson. I got no wishes. Boil it down and I ain't even got anything I really even want anymore. I just continue to exist out of spite, or maybe just because I'm that much into schadenfreude. So you want my wish? Hell with it, try this one on for size: happiness, free, for everyone, and let no one be forgotten!"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

quote:

Shardix: What's the greatest thing that Sah-Tah-Ish misses from her original reality?

Sah-Tah-Ish spent a great deal of time training in pyromancy, understanding that if worst came to worst, her nation would need her in the brewing conflicts. Though she had a remarkable talent for it, her first love has always been martial arts. When she was seven and out shopping with her mother, they came across a public exhibition match in its final round. The opponent was a massive orcish man that seemed as though he were carved from granite. His opponent was an unassuming elven woman who looked as though she had no place in a ring.

The speed and skill with which she beat the orc into submission was a thing of beauty. For the first time in her life, Sah-Tah-Ish did not look to her mother for approval. She approached the lady and politely asked in a tiny voice if she would teach her how to do that. The woman only replied that whether Sah could do that or not, would depend entirely on her own dedication. For the next twenty years, Sah-Tah-Ish and Nym were nigh inseparable. The salamander found a wise mentor, Nym found a clever pupil, and they both found a best friend.

Try as she might, Sah found no sign that a Nym exists in this world. Neither Sin-Rat-Tei nor any of the other sisters in her order had ever met someone fitting her description or personality. Sah-Tah-Ish misses Nym dearly, but also feels a perverse sort of pride that she has this one thing to hold in her heart that nobody else does. She attributes some of her success at surviving the war to a refusal to die until they are reunited.

Somehow

Somewhere

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Calliope

Sor Calliope Dispatch

Union of Natural Philosophers entrance interview
of
Sor Calliope Dispatch, M.Th, M.El, M.Hs, FSP, RI, CTC, DFS*
by Kalatharax the Harrowing, Lord Administrator of Recruitment
recorded by the hand of Cygnus of Silverystair, Chronicler Licensed & Bonded

-infernal thing on? Ah, there. I can see you now. A moment, and - yes. Let us begin, as we all seem to be present now, in spirit if not in body. I am Kalathrax the Harrowing, Lord Administrator of Recruiting for the UN, et cetera et cetera. This is Cygnus, she'll be taking minutes. May I ask you to introduce yourself for the record?

Um, a pleasure to meet you. My name is Calliope Dispatch, and I'm a Sor of the Invictus Order, and a witch of the New Sol Plerion Academy.

A pleasure, indeed. I have your curriculum vitae - ah, here. Hmm... yes, yes, I see. Can you summarize your qualifications?
I've received Masters certificates in practical thaumaturgy and potion making, as well as theoretical and experimental history from the Academy. I mean, I started my studies at the Old Academy, and finished them at the New Academy. I should probably explain that second one, it's really new... The war shuffled around a lot of histories and recombined lots of different universes, or maybe even created new ones where they hadn't existed before, or - well, it gets complicated, and figuring it out is what theoretical and experimental history is about. Also, I'm a covener of the Twice-Broken Circle.

A matter of sum, hmm, personal interest to be sure, and no wonder the New Academy is on the forefront of it. Your non-academic experience?
Oh, uhm, right. I was inducted as a witch-knight of the Invictus Order after the order was formed. I actually helped in the research project that led up to it. I served mostly with the Aquila Wing, as a combat mage and bombardier. Since I was a good broom flier and potion maker, basically. Mostly ground support - dropping dangerous things on the enemy, or healing and enhancement potions on allied troops. I guess I was pretty good at it?

The commendations listed here would support that, I think. Well we could certainly use someone with your skills and experience. I assume you share the Academy's, hmm, favorable disposition to the UN?
Absolutely! It would be an honor to work with the UN, and to help keep the peace. It's very important.

Good, good. I think we can find a place for you here then. Yes, I'm quite certain of it.
Thank you! I look forward to working with you.

pre:
Sor Calliope Dispatch the Witch

Str  8 (-1)     Dex 15 (+1)     Con 12 (+0)
Int 16 (+2)     Wis 13 (+1)     Cha  9 (+0) 

DMG: d4
ARM: 1
HP: 16

Drive
The Pursuit of Hidden Knowledge: Uncover a secret and keep it secret.

Witch's Craft
Wicked Witch: When you throw a potion at someone, the target takes all
effects of that potion as if they had drank it.

Look: ➤ Soft eyes ➤ Fiery hair ➤ 
Gorgeous body ➤ Fancy outfit

Moves
Black Magic
Broomstick
Cauldron's Brew and Potion's Bubble
Little Witch's Academia
Customized Broomstick

Gear Load 7/9
0 Coin
 Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
 Cauldron (1 weight)
 Bag of books (5 uses, 2 weight)
 Three healing potions (heal 10 HP or 1 debility, 1 weight)
 Enchanted robes (1 armor, 1 weight)
 Broomstick (close, reach, precise, +1d4 damage, 
+1 armor when you are riding or wielding it, 
extravagant, 1 weight)

BondsSah-Tah-Ish is keeping an important secret from me
• Vix fears me, and rightly so.
• I am troubled by Janine Marie D'argent's behavior.
Either they know nothing, or they know way too much.
• Srmz is woefully misinformed about the world;
I will teach them all that I can.

quote:

- Before you joined the UN you were a part of a mystical league or a mage clan or an arcane society or a similar organisation (and still are, but you're formally operating under the UN currently), who are they, and what are they known for?
- The war was not that long ago, you were in that war in some way, shape, or form. During the war, what did you lose, what did you gain, and what is your greatest regret?
I'm a member of the Invictus Order. We don't have a long history - most of used to just be students or teachers at the Sol Plerion Academy in Lubossa. But when the war start Lubossa didn't have any battle mages of its own, so we were asked to take up the job. We studied a bunch of old records and manuals and modeled our force after old orders of knighthood - didn't really know any other way to go about it. I helped with that, a little, and then passed the test to became a witch-knight, Sor Calliope.

It turned out we were pretty good at fighting. We all knew how to fly, and our potions were very useful - we could bomb enemy units from above, or drop aid on allied units. And of course our spells were useful. We got a reputation for being able to show up just in the nick of time to save a friend or defeat an enemy.

I guess our biggest claim to fame is when we captured a mobile fortress from Gardariki. I was there for that. It was a horrible fight. But we had to. We couldn't go home, after all...

Not many people remember Lubossa. It's fine if you don't. Something happened, and it just... disappeared. Some people know it was destroyed, but for most it was like it was erased from history. The survivors gathered together when we realized what had happened. That's why we took the mobile fortress, hoping we could use it to travel home, but it really was completely gone. Now we're trying to rebuild the academy and make it into our home. We call it Zaamurets now. There's a new Academy there too. I went back for a while, to finish my degree. But I was needed more elsewhere.

The only chance we have is if the peace holds. We're too small on our own. So that's why the Order and the Academy sent me. The UN has to succeed, and we need to be part of why it does.

Mobile Fortress Zaamurets

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 15, 2017

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Good answers so far!

Comrade Gorbash: Throughout all of Calliope's academic history, what is her greatest achievement or creation, and does she see this as her magnum opus or is that something that has yet to be created?

I think I'll begin winding up the application process. Please have all applications finished and questions answered by Friday, 18:00 GMT, when I'll be making picks!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Infinite Oregano posted:

Comrade Gorbash: Throughout all of Calliope's academic history, what is her greatest achievement or creation, and does she see this as her magnum opus or is that something that has yet to be created?
I don't think I've really done my best work yet. But my Mastery thesis on theoretical history is something I'm pretty proud of. I did a comprehensive study of the manticore and was able to prove that they had not existed before the war - in any reality. They were created as weapons of war, but the magisters who made them attempted to accelerate their evolution and made a critical error with the temporal magic, and ended up creating a paradox. You can see the signs of it if you look closely. Anyways, in order to unwind it they had utilize even more powerful magic to unwind the loop. In doing so they erased themselves from their own history, though.

Manticores are the largest example of a created history we've found so far, but I know there are more out there. I have suspicions about the Grand Spire, actually.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Srmz, the Imagined, Chaos Channeler
Srmz start of the war

Srmz after the war

Bob the Chaos elemental:

quote:

Channeler

Str:15[+1]
Dex:8[-1]
Con:16[+2]
Int:12[+0]
Wis:13[+1]
Cha:9[+0]

HP: 26
Armor: 0
Dmg: D4

Primary Element
cHAoS

Emanation Point
Numerous frontal orifices

Alignment
Good. Use your Conduit to help someone at the cost of your body.

Starting moves:
Channel
Summon Elemental
Trickle
Techniques
Ooze Chaos (Blast 1d8 if close, Hazard)
Spew Goo (Projectile 1d6 if near, Hazard)
A glitch in time (Teleport, Hazard)
Elemental Protection
Elemental Attack

Free Move:
Teleport

Death move:
Rupture

Gear:
3 Healing potions, and adventuring grear (5 uses 1 weight)
Bo staff (close, 2 handed, 1 weight)
Smelling salts (0 weight) 1 antioxin (1 weight)

quote:

I grew up on the Amber plains of Sirius. I was educated as a forge mage - a channeler of the living flame in mountains of Vulcan. When the war came I was conscripted as a battle-mage fighting for the Glorious Republic. I fought in the conscript engineer platoon of MGrgR's brigade, Wlx's division, of the AP core. We weren't anything special, but we got the job done. From the rise of the Second Sun we would bombard enemy fortifications with flame til the Third Night when we spend time fixing and fashioning weaponry for our frontline til First Dawn. I didn't mind being used as living artillery against our enemies. The cause seemed good and the Republic was my homeland and I was happy to defend it.

Only that all turned out to be a lie? It is impossible to tell these days what was real and what wasn't, but it turned out my entire world was some mageling's dream used as some sort of weapon in the war. When the dreamer was slain my friends, my family, my world disappeared. I didn't disappear for some reason. Didn't matter to me at the time though I was stuck in the middle of the war with no way out. So I kept fighting. I lost track of who I was fighting and what I was fighting for. It is all a haze of a fire and hunger and exhaustion and burning people, then realizing the reality that existed moments ago had ceased existing, and confusion as memories of the new reality overlapped with that of the old. In the fugue state I spent throughout the war I do not remember when my body began to change nor when my magicks warped so radically. I just don't remember. I used to blast people with fire, now this goopy? stuff shoots out of my mouth? mouths? and sometimes it tears people to ribbons or freezes them or grows a bouquet of flowers on 'em or some other weird poo poo. There were so many weird and varied magics on the field I am unsure of what combination of magical energies has resulted in my present form.

After the war I joined a support group for the wounded of the war - Mungo's Home for the Cursed and Magically afflicted, in hopes I could find someone who could undo some of the curses I was exposed to. As it turns out I got off pretty lightly compared to a lot of the poor sods who survived - I wasn't crazy, crippled, or so magically dangerous that I had to be stuck in a room filled containment wards to keep me from blowing up the planet. My case was a pretty low one the priority list of healers, but I am still basically a living engine of corruption and death. I don't have much work experience outside of being soldier and being a forge-mage, and I can't wield flame no-more. There aren't a whole lot of legitimate ways I can make ends meet. Some of the nice folks at Mungo's managed to get me employed with the UN while my case is being reviewed by their medicos. Maybe I can find someone within the UN who can fix me up, maybe I can find some chunk of reality that was similar to mine and settle there. Maybe I can repay the folks at Mungos for helping me out. I dunno. Whatever happens I'll keep chugging along.

quote:

It is a strange question, because I don't think I would exist without the war? But at the same time everything I know is gone. All I can say is as the war went on I gained a few extra mouths and arms and other bits and bobs and I would like to get ride of them.

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 17, 2017

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

A question for the latest application!

MinutePirateBug: Does Srmz know anything about the dreamer who created them? Or for that matter anything about their past or origins or at least what others have told them?

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
I don't know much, when my fellows disappeared our allies said that they were surprised I still existed. They explained that my entire world had been created by the dreamer Sapņotājs specifically for the battle we were waging, and that the disappearance of our legions meant that dreamer was probably dead. There wasn't much time for conversation on the subject. The troops that my dream world had provided to the world in which the war was fought were limitless - and still the might of our enemy was such that the war was close to a stalemate - without our forces bolstering them our allies were soon crushed their Kingdom razed and I barely escaped to another reality and another version of the war.

I have been told many different stories about the dreamer since. I have heard that the dreamer was a child who came into the possession of prodigious power and whose power was guided by his story telling aunt. Another says that the dreamer was a God whose dreams were corrupted by devil's whispering to him as he slumbers in his watery tomb. A more farcical tale is that the dreamer was a hamster that stumbled into one of the fundamental magics of the universe and was empowered by it. Everything about the dreamer is conjecture some say it is dead others that it is still alive, but in hiding. Many learned scholars I have talked to say it simply never existed and my memories are a result of time loops or some other reality distorting magic.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Okay! With all things kept in mind and all questions asked thus far I bring this recruitment to a close.

Now to make decisions...

Please hold as the Union of Natural Philosophers organises an appropriately constructed team, given the 100 Striking Tenets of the UN!

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Alrighty then! After much deliberation from these very solid applications, picks have been made.

The overall quality of all of the entries were very high but ultimately I've decided to choose the following characters! In no particular order:

Shardix's Sah-Tah-Ish
Atlatl's Vix the Imp
Mr. Maltose's Janine Marie D'argent
Comrade Gorbash's Sor Calliope Dispatch
MinutePirateBug's Srmz, the Imagined

Feel free to create some bonds between your characters in the mean time before I make the game thread.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Srmz has felt the hellish touch of fire, now he knows my strength.

Did we fight? Was it an accident? Something else?

I will teach Vix the Imp the true meaning of sacrifice.

Sah sees Vix as someone too concerned with the big picture to properly understand what those on the battlefield went through. Is she right? Does Vix even care what she thinks? Let's find out.

I cast something into the fire for Calliope Dispatch and still owe her her due.

What did you sacrifice to the flames, and what did you ask of Sah? Or if you'd rather wait and decide on that later, what is something you thought of asking for?

As usual, I am more than happy to switch things out if you have an idea you like better or you'd just really rather not have that sort of bond.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Sor Calliope is a fool, I enjoy taking advantage of them!
What a mark! Makes me tear up wondering why I couldn't've met her during my con man days. Besides, she got a good sense of humor about it all. ... Right?

Sah-Tah-Ish slighted me, and they will suffer.
She hasn't cracked a single smile at a drat thing I've done. She thinks she's better than me! That's gotta be it!

I know what tempts Srmz.
I can read this guy like a book. He's only got one thing he wants, and that's to look normal. I mean, I'd want that too if I looked like him. Yeesh. And I though I could raise eyebrows with my glamour down. He's got body language reads so obvious it's just short of putting his woes up on a billboard. The hands and eyes and mouths might run a smokescreen for Joe Schmucketelli on the street, but that ain't a stretch where I'm from, so it sure don't trick me.

Janine owes me, and I will collect.
Intel ain't free, lady. When a guy like me does you a favor and tells you where someone's laying low, it ain't outta the kindness of my heart. I coulda got months of security payments off those Amberites!

gorb Vix should def have the _____ fears me, and rightly so bond so she can just threaten him with whatever when she doesn't find a prank/statement/behavior amusing

Let me know if you want to switch things or got something more in line with your ideas just let me know.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Oh! And one more question for you all now that you've been selected for this team.

Your mother organisation/clan/etc. each decided to give you a gift or a tool or something (whether mundane or magical or useful or ceremonial or just plain weird), for the road. What did they give you?

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

quote:

Did we fight? Was it an accident? Something else?

I've never fought this Sah-Tah-Ish, but I have fought plenty of her. Well, that isn't quite accurate. I've fought with "her" and against her in various realities, but mostly in massive battles. It is kind of weird being able to instantly pick out an individual in mass fights across multiple realities, but I have a respect for anyone who wields flame that skillfully so she stands out in the battlefield. Well... That and the first time I met a version of Sah-Tah-Ish, she melted my face down to the bone. I can still feel the molten fat running down my neck like tallow off a candle. Took a long time for healers to regenerate it. Not that I resent her at all for it.

quote:

Your mother organisation/clan/etc. each decided to give you a gift or a tool or something (whether mundane or magical or useful or ceremonial or just plain weird), for the road. What did they give you?

One of my medico friends at Mungo's Home for the Cursed and Magically afflicted gave me a dead crow. "A piece of the murder" they said. I have no clue what it does or why she gave it to me. Blasted wizards why do we always have to be so cryptic about these things. I half expect she just gave me it as some sort of prank and I'll hauling around a rotten crow corpse for the next year or two.

Bonds
1.I will make Vix the Imp respect the power I wield.

I think the bloody Imp nicked my sandwich while I went to the WC.

2.I see the raw potential in Janine

We threw down our nobles and King in the Glorious Republic a long time ago. I mean none of that actually happened, but it still warms my heart to see someone hunting down corrupt nobs.

3.Calliope is wary of my power, good reason.

I'm not in control of what happens when I spew out this goop, it can be pretty freaking disastrous. The smart young lady knows this.

4.Sah-Tah-Ish and I have helped each other countless times.

I mean sure versions of her have tried to kill me on occasion, but I think we've fought together more than we've fought each other. I am not completely sure if I have fought together with this version of Sah before or not I'll have to ask her what battles she was in. Pretty sure I haven't fought against her though. Agonizing pain tends to make things more memorable than camaraderie.

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 14, 2017

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

quote:

My sisters gave me a ribbon. It is a deep black with the names of all my sisters woven into it in silver elven runes, so that no matter where I go I will know they watch over me. I usually wear it in a bow to tie back my hair or as a choker. It's really the only way I can wear it without the ends dragging on the ground.

I didn't ask, but I suspect they all sacrificed something to imbue it with a bit of their will, and I am determined to make them proud.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sah-Tah-Ish is keeping an important secret from me
(This is one to develop in play.)

Vix fears me, and rightly so.
I know the imp's truename. I don't think I'll need to use it, but maybe he'll think twice before he tries to pull some kind of trick on me.

• I am troubled by Janine Marie D'argent's behavior. Either they know nothing, or they know way too much.
I'm going to be pulling my hair out before this is over I'm sure.

Srmz is woefully misinformed about the world; I will teach them all that I can.
Srmz's situation is a lot like my own, though even more extreme. Also he's a very interesting case study. I'll have to do what I can to help him.

Infinite Oregano posted:

They actually gave me a Red Moon!

Uh - sorry. It's a ring, sort of a signet ring. The Red Moon is a nickname for it. The Academy gives out one too, but that's the Green Moon, and there's the Blue Moon which is what you normally get as a member of the Order.

The Red Moon means you're an official representative of the Order. The Moon rings also can be used to verify each other are genuine, and if another ring is close by, we can alert each other to our presence. It sort of flashes and vibrates a bit, and the magic lets you know who contacted you. There's a couple different specific messages you can send, like an emergency signal. Though if you want to hide, you can take it off.

Shardix posted:

What did you sacrifice to the flames, and what did you ask of Sah? Or if you'd rather wait and decide on that later, what is something you thought of asking for?
I'd rather find out in play, but Calliope would have thought of asking about what actually happened to Lubossa.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I don't know if this fits the kind of game we're going for or if we're down for name tags at all but here's an idea I had for some fake rear end ID cards:

Infinite Oregano posted:

They gave me the most useless thing of all: an award. Well, I guess my court didn't really originate it, but they ratted me out as the guy that everyone was looking for. It's called the Star of Valor, the highest combatant award given by the Elven High Court. It's kind of a big deal, like, everywhere ever, so I gotta keep it on the down low. I'd drop dead of embarrassment if anyone found out. Got it for saving their princess and throwing myself into a near death situation to stop a city from getting massacred. The citation sounds real cool. Whatever. Maybe I can whip it out if it means getting our collective feet into a critical door, or maybe to save my own rear end, but otherwise...

I mean, if only they knew how many times I had tried before! It was all brute force. I had my part of that whole sequence timed down to the second. Every word that came out of my mouth was perfectly scripted. And I never started off giving a rat's rear end about her, it's just that a certain mopey rear end grand paladin couldn't keep enough focus to win his big fight with his girlfriend dead and home town destroyed. What a mess. That chump had no focus at all, I tell ya!

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
MinutePirateBug, I really like your explanation for my bond. I like drama, but I'm always leery of bonds that suggest a straight up antagonistic relationship.

I also dig how mine and Gorbash's bonds are both cloaked in secrecy. It'll be interesting to see how they pan out.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Antagonistic? That wasn't really the intent. Srmz thinks Sha-Tah-Ish is kind of awesome since she wields fire good and Srmz has seen versions of her on either side of a fight and respects her abilities. I can change the bond around though if you are uncomfortable with it.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
No, no. I just mean that my bond, from an initial viewing, lends itself to being antagonistic, and I am glad you worked it so that is not the case.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Calliope is like a sibling to me.
So learned, like he was. But not so cloistered. Or so curious, please by the heavens let her be not so curious. She is not him, and the horrors he performed for knowledge are not the necessary wages of scholarship. But I still feel protective of her. She's so much like my brother.
Srmz seeks power like mine, but they are unworthy.
The spark that makes the arms of the Fulmen Justiciary are fire and creation. This is why it is a variable form, quick and living in the hand. Srmz believed themselves also to once wield the creative force of fire. Perhaps they did. But that is not what they are now. I think Srmz wishes to regain what they believed they lost, but until they master what they are they will never progress beyond it.
Vix has much to learn about the world.
Older than all of us combined, bitter as quinine, a fool of a pessimist. Either they front the eternal misanthrope to avoid getting hurt or they truely believe the nonsense that comes out of their mouth. Are they a soul in need of calluses or already too coarse to notice the truth of the world around them? Whichever the answer, they can be annoying as piss about it all.
Sah-Tah-Ish and I will never see eye to eye.
To be Fulmen is to take fire from the heavens and bend it to your will. Sah-Tah-Ish does not take. She IS the flame. Her understanding of even my own magics are intuitive on a level I cannot match. Indeed, I doubt I could ever reach it. I'm...very self-aware around her.

Infinite Oregano posted:

When I was selected to be part of a UN team, I was presented to the Senate, the final candidate after the months of trials and trimming were complete. There, the three heads of the Justiciary branches took from me my Fulmen's badge and inducted me as an honorary member of both the Chthonic Order and the Engurru. As a representative of the Amberine Republic I must represent not just the sky but the sea and the earth. As such, I now bear the Triune on my collar. This rune reveals my nature and the importance of my mission to any of the Justiciary.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 16, 2017

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Thread's up!

Also I just remembered, Mr. Maltose you should probably get Janine's Spell Lord move decided before you begin.

Also MinutePirateBug you should probably give Srmz an alignment move or equivalent, you'd be at a disadvantage otherwise!

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Hey Mr. Maltose! Just wanted to check in because I was worried that you might be waiting on me due to miscommunication. No rush either way, my last post was less clear than it should have been.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, sorry about that! I'm going to be on a plane for the next 4 or so hours but I'll get a post in tonight.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Hey minutepiratebug and Mr Maltose, are you peeps still interested in the game?

It's been a while since either of you have posted (although admittedly it has been a longer for minutepiratebug) and I'm just worried about the state of play as it were.

I think it's best in games like this to maintain a frank and open discussion to maximise clarity and prevent miscommunication.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Sorry about that! I'll get a post in today, I've just been running into some trouble finding yet another way to state "I attack it" without just repeating myself.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
I'll post in a bit, I wasn't really happy with what I had written previously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Mr. Maltose posted:

Sorry about that! I'll get a post in today, I've just been running into some trouble finding yet another way to state "I attack it" without just repeating myself.

Well if it helps you have a silver rod that is inducing some kind of semi-paralysis in one leg which ordinarily would make manoeuvrability difficult, except you are wielding a whip so they're in reach - also they're distracted so this isn't exactly Hack & Slash territory, I'd probably just straight up deal damage if you're not trying anything too fancy.

• Locked thread