Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I've been admitedly checked out of this game because of a couple reasons which aren't worth getting into. I'm not happy with my performance though. I think it's kinda hosed that we're just shrugging and going "night action mafia, oh well" when it's clear enough people are lying to stop it from being useful or has been designed specifically so we can't really game it at end game. Think back on the number of times we've all said "no way that role is town" and whoops, it was.

Worth looking back into, who set up the chain lunch of MMT and IS, because those two felt locked in place by a lot of people without much consideration that both reads could be wrong.

Vote whoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Max posted:

I've been admitedly checked out of this game because of a couple reasons which aren't worth getting into. I'm not happy with my performance though. I think it's kinda hosed that we're just shrugging and going "night action mafia, oh well" when it's clear enough people are lying to stop it from being useful or has been designed specifically so we can't really game it at end game. Think back on the number of times we've all said "no way that role is town" and whoops, it was.

Worth looking back into, who set up the chain lunch of MMT and IS, because those two felt locked in place by a lot of people without much consideration that both reads could be wrong.

Vote whoever.

Even with just the espers night results:
Bif survived a judgement, and killed YT (or pulled off such a ballsy lie that I would be impressed)
FL has been tracked nowhere (unless garth lied about who he bussed Kash with? that would make a garth FL scum team but FL was first on the garth vote today)

Add in just KB's one rolecop claim:
either he is on a team with garth (as ultros/typhon) in complete contradiction of KB's flipped wincon ("sole remaining player") or he really was a rolecop. If he really was a rolecop garth is a human king

Which leaves you or tobbs, without any of the other night action stuff.

I think it's more likely to be you than tobbs. And if all the night actions are unreliable than I don't know what to say, because that KB/MMT argument sucked so much out of the game that it's hard to make myself go read anything in those two entire game days.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
You were one of the first on Jimson though...

This is why I am getting so frustrated with this game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's very close to endgame, my last piece of advice is stop relying on night actions because it hasn't helped at all.

But I feel you about going back through everything, I just do not want to relive that middle game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh my final chance to do this:

##vote Garth

Let's see someone make a decision.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Okay, went back and looked at the votes on MMT and IS.

quote:

VOTES ON MMT:
Mostly based on the fact that MMT had a nexus

KB: I don't really need anything else here (no poo poo, he's SK, he just wants everyone else dead)
FL: Claims VT
Bif: No reason to hold off on this anymore
garth: thinks KB must be telling the truth, KB and MMT can't both be town
mithross: thinks mmt is scum based off nexus ability, hopes they're town because of kb/mmt arguing
Tobbs: all discrepancies accounted for
Max: Let's please end this argument
HAMMER

Dunno how much I'm gonna get from this since the main argument that day was "MMT has a nexus, that's definitely not a towny ability" which is a solid argument, but obviously wrong in this case :v:

Max, Tobbs, and garth all ended up voting for MMT but unvoted before voting again. Tobbs unvoted twice before voting the last time.

flerp, gulag, IS, and me didn't vote that day, flerp and gulag died that night. Bif claimed to kill gulag "just in case" more or less, which I really don't like.

quote:

VOTES ON IS:

FL: votes IS, says they're busy IRL
bif: no comment
garth: can't see anything that would change my vote
KB: I think everyone has had their say now (quoted Tobbs saying "either IS is scum or everyone else is lying")
Tobbs: may as well

HAMMER

Not a huge fan of FL popping in to start the vote chain and then leaving, but it's hard to call someone out for being busy IRL.

Right now I'm suspicious of Bif for having dodgy reasoning for killing gulag, and FL for claiming VT, which could be a nice way of ignoring all the night action poo poo that so far has only gotten townies killed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

##vote Garth

This is the scummiest thing you've done today. He can't be Imperial, but you don't give a poo poo. At least the other two could've been flailing and confused, and I hadn't gone over the rolecop stuff a lot more in detail back when they voted. But you? You've been holding back all thoughtful all day, not wanting to get caught out pushing the wrong way... until now, when you gotta take this last chance to get him lunched instead of you.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Max posted:

##vote Garth

I'm pretty sure he's not Imp, he was siding with KB, a serial killer who helped confirm garth's town role.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

garthoneeye (3): Flying Leatherman, Tobbs Gnawed, Max
Max (3): garthoneeye, Bifauxnen, Mithross
Flying Leatherman (0): Bifauxnen, garthoneeye, garthoneeye, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (1): Xad

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 50 minutes.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Ignoring Max and garth's votes on each other, FL and Tobbs are voting garth, and garth, Bif, and Mithross (who I KNOW isn't scum) are voting for Max.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Yeah I can't see a way that garth isn't what he says he is. KB must have a rolecop ability, otherwise why the hell would a SK claim someone's role, and then that person agrees and claims a bunch of other poo poo that we can confirm. Unless KB was actually somehow allied with someone else (despite his flip saying otherwise) garth almost definitely is town.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

This is the scummiest thing you've done today. He can't be Imperial, but you don't give a poo poo. At least the other two could've been flailing and confused, and I hadn't gone over the rolecop stuff a lot more in detail back when they voted. But you? You've been holding back all thoughtful all day, not wanting to get caught out pushing the wrong way... until now, when you gotta take this last chance to get him lunched instead of you.

OK have fun with the rest of the game please stop being mega lovely to people though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

OK have fun with the rest of the game please stop being mega lovely to people though.

I was trying and you saw how that worked out!!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I just like seeing pressure applied. Either XAD has to make a decision or someone jumps off one of us and votes for the other. That is a lot more concrete then any of this bullshit night action fuckery but yes, super scum here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Xad if you don't like the options that have been presented then feel free to present a different one. Everyone just kinda slid into "sure Garth or Max" today without much difficulty.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

Xad if you don't like the options that have been presented then feel free to present a different one. Everyone just kinda slid into "sure Garth or Max" today without much difficulty.

Same goes for you, the pressure play is one thing but you have not stated any actual opinions all day about who is the better choice instead of you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Same goes for you, the pressure play is one thing but you have not stated any actual opinions all day about who is the better choice instead of you.

Eh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If you can convince me that another lunch is even possible at -3 hours to deadline I'll work something up but otherwise, I dunno. Not feeling it. My own problem, I'm aware.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
My problem is still that, at least as it's presented, Max's protective role is pretty confirmed. I don't see scum leaving someone who killed scum alive going into lategame. Like, I certainly wasn't going to vote Bif at this point in the game - I'm not really operating under the premise that Bif killing YT was some mastermind scum gambit. I realize the rolecop stuff makes this harder to swallow, but I feel like that'd really be self-sabotage for scum-Max going into endgame with the Espers already pretty visibly pro-town, even with ability confirmation.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily like Max's apathy w/r/t this vote, but I have to weigh that against the decision making process that would have to go into a protect action and the post history of both players all the way through the game, and it just doesn't add up to me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Flying Leatherman posted:

My problem is still that, at least as it's presented, Max's protective role is pretty confirmed. I don't see scum leaving someone who killed scum alive going into lategame. Like, I certainly wasn't going to vote Bif at this point in the game - I'm not really operating under the premise that Bif killing YT was some mastermind scum gambit. I realize the rolecop stuff makes this harder to swallow, but I feel like that'd really be self-sabotage for scum-Max going into endgame with the Espers already pretty visibly pro-town, even with ability confirmation.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily like Max's apathy w/r/t this vote, but I have to weigh that against the decision making process that would have to go into a protect action and the post history of both players all the way through the game, and it just doesn't add up to me.

I feel strange about this post.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Max posted:

If you can convince me that another lunch is even possible at -3 hours to deadline I'll work something up but otherwise, I dunno. Not feeling it. My own problem, I'm aware.

See that's kindof the problem, you're giving me this choice but it feels like you're just forcing me to kill you.

I'm not going to vote for garth, I'd rather vote for you, tobbs, or fl, but the only option right now is you, there's two hours left and I don't think enough people are even online.

And a no lynch at this point seems really bad.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I thought Tobbs had pretty much had his actions confirmed, do I need to go back and reread?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm online. I can vote for whomever we decide on.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Flying Leatherman posted:

I thought Tobbs had pretty much had his actions confirmed, do I need to go back and reread?

I'm tempted to ignore the whole "unconsciousness" thing which relies a lot on KB's testimony, but flipped town flerp confirmed seeing some kind of holy light around him.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm tempted to ignore the whole "unconsciousness" thing which relies a lot on KB's testimony, but flipped town flerp confirmed seeing some kind of holy light around him.

Okay yeah, that's right, plus he was jailed last night so someone else would have [i]had[/]i to have done the nightkill.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh, that reminds me, I didn't receive any flavor related to Max's protection. But I don't think anyone else did either, when he claimed to have protected somebody else.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

oh, that reminds me, I didn't receive any flavor related to Max's protection. But I don't think anyone else did either, when he claimed to have protected somebody else.

In what world does anyone ever get told they were protected?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Oh yeah. Forgot about flerp confirming max's ability

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

This one.

Flerp saw my protection at least.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

A good reminder for me to mention I didn't receive any flavor last night re: the claimed roleblock, whereas other people certainly have gotten flavor, but maybe that's to be expected if I didn't take a night action?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This one.

Flerp saw my protection at least.

Then f cpig? I also never lost my charge in the jail, so I dunno what's going on.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

One where they're told they are jailed by fire or surrounded by holy light! I agree that this doesn't seem to be necessary for all abilities but don't act like it's some crazy thing sheesh

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

One where they're told they are jailed by fire or surrounded by holy light! I agree that this doesn't seem to be necessary for all abilities but don't act like it's some crazy thing sheesh

Getting jailed and your action failing makes sense you'd be told something. Getting protected and not targeted I have no idea why that would be mentioned.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is why I'm kinda crazy about the night action stuff driving everything. It's clearly all mish mashed so that we can't really rely on anything, but I can't seem to argue against this because you have no reason to trust what I'm saying until I'm dead.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Or you're scum.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Screw it, let's try this ##vote FL

I don't like how this argument is going

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My man.##vote FL

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

FL, I appreciate you showing up to actually discuss instead of just hammering Max straight away. If you're still nervous about voting him, I think Mithross summed it up best here:

Mithross posted:

Even with just the espers night results:
Bif survived a judgement, and killed YT (or pulled off such a ballsy lie that I would be impressed)
FL has been tracked nowhere (unless garth lied about who he bussed Kash with? that would make a garth FL scum team but FL was first on the garth vote today)

Add in just KB's one rolecop claim:
either he is on a team with garth (as ultros/typhon) in complete contradiction of KB's flipped wincon ("sole remaining player") or he really was a rolecop. If he really was a rolecop garth is a human king

I think it's more likely to be you than tobbs. And if all the night actions are unreliable than I don't know what to say, because that KB/MMT argument sucked so much out of the game that it's hard to make myself go read anything in those two entire game days.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Please promise you'll throw all that poo poo out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

Once you do add the other night action stuff though, they're saying they stuck Tobbs in fire jail last night, so.

• Locked thread