Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neville as a kid growing up would go to his aunts to watch WWF because his parents banned it. All he wanted was to be in the WWF eventually

WWE is just incredibly skilled at breaking people's will to continue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

Who could blame him? He's one of the most crisp wrestlers in the world and in the last couple months

He lost his title to Tozawa because Vince showed up one day and on a whim decided he wanted a title change
He lost his title again on a whim to Enzo who had a very, very short run.

His ceiling would be 205 Live and the title is just getting traded around now with no rhyme or reason. He could go to Japan and start making that Young Bucks money for being one of the best wrestlers in the world.

I don't even think that he's mad at the company. I think its along the lines of the fact that he would be losing to Enzo. Again.

The problem with Enzo is that he is pretty much absolutely detested backstage, and the only reason he's around is because he moves merchandise (according to Bryan and Dave). Which is probably why WWE turned him heel, in an attempt to kill his merch sales. That would give them the excuse needed to release Enzo.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
So no inter gender wrestling but USA is ok with straight up bdsm?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Chris James 2 posted:

Neville as a kid growing up would go to his aunts to watch WWF because his parents banned it. All he wanted was to be in the WWF eventually

WWE is just incredibly skilled at breaking people's will to continue

It's been said before, but Vince, and the WWE play on this.

They know they are the dream job for many of their employees independant contractors, and they know the struggles and work that these people have put into gettinghthemselves there.

Therefore, they know they can poo poo on them and treat them like poo poo and the wrestlers won't complain or push back or quit because they don't want to lose the one thing they have desired since childhood.

It really is sad how WWE can crush and poison a persons childhood dreams in so many ways.

This is weirdly also why Vince has such a hardon for people like Brock, who don't care about the industry.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

sbaldrick posted:

So no inter gender wrestling but USA is ok with straight up bdsm?

its cool because i dont even have to buy this stuff off clips4sale anymore

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't even think that he's mad at the company. I think its along the lines of the fact that he would be losing to Enzo. Again.

The problem with Enzo is that he is pretty much absolutely detested backstage, and the only reason he's around is because he moves merchandise (according to Bryan and Dave). Which is probably why WWE turned him heel, in an attempt to kill his merch sales. That would give them the excuse needed to release Enzo.

Is it possible the Enzo heat is slightly worked? Tradition and history dictate that people who are universally detested are fired quickly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

fart blood posted:

Is it possible the Enzo heat is slightly worked? Tradition and history dictate that people who are universally detested are fired quickly.
They rarely fire people since Linda became a politician because it would make her look really bad. Now they just break people until they ask for their releases.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Reached out to everyone who I thought would know about Neville but no one does.I am talking about those who greased the wheels on him getting signed. And no nothing.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

Reached out to everyone who I thought would know about Neville but no one does.I am talking about those who greased the wheels on him getting signed. And no nothing.

The Man Who Rovert's Sources Forgot

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fart blood posted:

I really don't think the heat is worked. There are several reasons, but I think one of the more recent ones that springs to mind is the fact that he (supposedly) cheated on Liv Morgan a little while back, which pissed off a lot of people. At least she strongly hinted at him cheating on her, and I'll take her word over Enzo's.

This is on top of people talking about how apparently Enzo backstage is apparently his in ring character except turned up to 11. So we get the tamer Enzo on screen. So yeah, I won't blame Neville for leaving, but I'm not going to place the entire blame on WWE either. At least a decent part of it has to be put on Enzo as well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The Man Who Rovert's Sources Forgot

Him improving so much verbally and still not getting a heavyweight level push was a big sore point but otherwise still no idea if he's staying.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They didn't use Neville in the CWC or at the start of the CW Division. He completely reinvented himself, completely changed his look, his mannerisms, his moveset, he rebuilt everything about himself from the ground up, he fuckin' KILLED IT, and they rewarded him by:

- Sticking him on a dead show with no promotion.
- Sticking him in dead angles that the audience could never, ever care about.
- Sticking him on the pre-show of PPVs constantly, in situations where he's clearly not allowed to go all out.
- His reign eventually got broken, but he didn't get to actually put over Tozawa because he just won it back....
- ...only to lose it to ENZO.
- Who then immediately started cutting a bunch of terrible worked shoot promos on the Cruiserweight division, completely burying it and Neville and all the work he's been doing the past year.

Those Enzo promos were basically WWE announcing to the world that the Cruiserweight division under Neville was a total afterthought but now with this gangly gently caress who can't wrestle and gets thrown off buses, it's relevant.

gently caress them, I'd quit too. Go get some of that Indie and Japan gold, PAC.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

Despite his success on WWE TV throughout the year, it would appear that Neville isn't happy with WWE right now.

Sources have indicated to Fightful.com that Neville left Monday Night Raw unhappy. WWE officials tried to catch up with him in order to talk things out, but weren't able to get much done. They were hopeful that he would show up Tuesday in order to talk things out. We don't have any news on whether or not Neville showed up

Rumors emerged Tuesday that the former Cruiserweight Champion asked for his release. We can't verify as of yet whether or not that's true or if Neville was originally slated to win back the championship on the program, but we have been told by a source within WWE that they don't want to cut Neville loose if at all possible. We can also confirm that the match that happened wasn't the planned match.

Neville became a two-time Cruiserwieght Champion this year after making the jump from the heavyweight ranks. Since then he'd anchored the division until the rise of Enzo Amore, who would unseat him as champion at their September WWE No Mercy match.

Fightful.com will have more on the situation as it unfolds.

https://www.fightful.com/neville-leaves-wwe-raw-angry

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
To be fair I don't think the point of the CWC was to have main roster talent perform in it, that would be like saying it was wrong not to put him in the UK Championship tourney

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My complaining brought Harper back :unsmith:

Still stuck with Rowan though :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Neville really has become so much better on the mic it's crazy, it would be a shame to see him leave WWE but I can't imagine he wouldn't be able to make a killing back on the Indies, or that New Japan wouldn't be keen to snap him up.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
If Neville goes to New Japan, I guarantee he gets a text from Windham Rotunda asking how it is over there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neville/Hiromu would basically immediately be one of the most easy matches to book for Wrestle Kingdom

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

To be fair I don't think the point of the CWC was to have main roster talent perform in it, that would be like saying it was wrong not to put him in the UK Championship tourney

So you're saying Neville shouldn't have won the CWC and the UK Tourney and the Universal Championship and the Mae Young Classic?

You lost me, dude. :confused:

fart blood posted:

If Neville goes to New Japan, I guarantee he gets a text from Windham Rotunda asking how it is over there.

Doesn't really help him, NJPW doesn't have a women's division.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
e:wrong thread meant for livethread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Neville/Hiromu

:vince:

God that would be so loving awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown results added to the OP. It was a pretty good show this week!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I just thought of another downside to the whole bullshit Sister Abigail stuff.

This gives WWE a whole new avenue to be transphobic/homophobic on screen.

"Ha ha, look! A man in a dress! What a crazy thought, that a man would wear a dress, or imagine he was a woman! Hahaha what a crazy loon!" etc.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't think it will because despite Bray looking like a buffoon constantly on TV, he's always sold as being legitimate and I doubt that Balor would be the one to start cracking jokes

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

THERE the gently caress is luke harper

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
loving lmao Jinder literally wasn't on SD.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Really good 2 out of 3 falls match between Rich Swann and TJP on 205 Live tonight.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Solidarity walkout with Neville.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Whoa, Smackdown's getting good again?

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
If Jinder shows up in NJPW only to drop the belt in the trash immediately on arrival I will take back every bad thing I have said about the man.

It would be like the completion of some reality-breaking ritual where professional wrestling manages to disprove the entire concept of mathematics.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

he's touring india

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Who is in charge of booking 205?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

he's touring india
Nah he was in the dark main :lol:

tweet my meat posted:

Who is in charge of booking 205?
Not Road Dogg thank god

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Nah he was in the dark main :lol:

:laffo:

loving incredible.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

[*] The new Tag Team Champions The Usos called The New Day out to the ring where they offered their respect to a surprised New Day after their excellent Hell in a Cell match. They declared the two teams were the best that the Smackdown tag division, but that the Usos RAN the tag division. They offered a truce between the two sides which was accepted.
I don't watch the weekly stuff anymore but...if "New Day doesn't fight Usos for belts anymore" leads to "New Day fights Shield for belts" then man this reunion would be for real worth it

DoctorGonzo posted:

[*] In a vignette, we saw Luke Harper and Eric Rowan return carrying giant gently caress-off hammers, declaring that they were going to break bones and shatter spines - they are now The Bludgeon Brothers.
I've lost track, is this round of these two the "small bull mascot" phase or the "island timeshares" phase

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
For a hot minute I thought the Usos and New Day were going to merge into a single faction

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's goofy for sure, but it's Luke Harper getting screentime and with any luck the shift away from Usos vs New Day means more space for the other tag teams, including Harper and Rowan carrying around giant hammers and making :stare: faces, and I can't complain about that.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

You'd think when they are intentionally promoting their midcard champion over their world champion (who, unlike Brock, is Actually There) they'd realize they've made a loving mistake.

I cannot say how much I would miss Neville on my weekly wrestling show, but I hope he gets out and goes somewhere that will value him.

ALSO, loving BLUDGEON BROTHERS

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
is shane/aj the only match shane's had since coming back that he hasn't been concussed in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

they're literally hammer bros

i love it

• Locked thread