Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Bookmark https://imgur.com/upload
Use above trick of long press on the image itself to get the full URL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Haggins posted:

Is there a good iPad app that can airplay a photo to an Apple TV in the background?

Like for example, if I load up YouTube and airplay it to my TV, I can go and do other poo poo on my iPad and it will still keep the video playing on the TV.

Reason I ask is I'm running a D&D campaign in my living room and it would be nice to throw images up on the screen when I want, then go back to using my other apps to run the game while the image sits there.

Wrong thread.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Opps sorry!

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I will try these hot tips, thanks all

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

spanky the dolphin posted:

How about as a hack we remove the text from those icons instead of doing a huge recode? It might even make for a better look.

Current users will be familiar with the meaning of all the icons. New users know what bookmarks, mail and settings mean from other apps. Forums is fairly obvious, lepers isn't, but hit it once and you'd get it.

I've never been a big fan of mysterious uncaptioned icons. In general I'd prefer to keep the labels.

Casual Encountess posted:

also why does it not let me upload anything originally from the phone? i have to manually paste in any images from the camera or screenshots. if i do it from the library and it's not something from the phone it works fine but if it's a photo i took or a screenshot it just shits itself

Sorry, it's a longstanding bug. Even the most trivial edit to the photo seems to bypass the bug, if you were hoping for a semi-annoying workaround. I'll +1 the bug.

Caithness posted:

Images and other types of links still don't display correctly in the lepers colony

Yeah :( I'll +1 the bug.

Crime on a Dime posted:

How do you upload as attachments to the forum?

Not through Awful, at the moment. I'll +1 the request, maybe someday we'll get to it. I really like showing the images inline in the text box, but attachments kind of gently caress with that as your attachment always goes at the end of your post. So there's some UI to figure out there as well as the actual implementation.

El Burbo posted:

Thread tags don't load in the filter by tag screen

Seen a bit of that going around :( it's on my radar, hopefully I'll have a chance to fix it up.

Crime on a Dime posted:

Pasting adds a space at the start of the pasted text [snip to avoid Forums BBcode massacre]

I'm not gonna promise anything here, but I'll certainly make a note and hopefully take a look. (Text views are not fun to play with.)

Ol Standard Retard posted:

On iPad, tabbing from the iOS podcast player or from Spotify into Awful now pauses whatever is playing, I used to be able to browse and listen simultaneously. I don't know if this is an iOS thing or a awful thing, but it sucks! Any way to check up on this?

I did some more testing: with a full reload this isn't a problem, it must like... maintain the idea that I played a different media file in Awful at some point and left the app itself as prioritized?

That's no good, sorry about that. Thanks for poking around. I'll add it to my list!

IllegallySober posted:

Also swipe-to-delete bookmark replaced everything below my current view with a black screen once the bookmark was deleted and I had to force-quit to get it back. Current released build, iPhone 6 Plus

I'm seeing (what I think is) this bug happen a bunch too. Bookmarks list half-disappears or otherwise goes real screwy after a deletion or a reload. I'll +1 the issue and hopefully one day I will fix it!

Rinaldi posted:

Having the same issue with the app on my ( ancient ) iPad. Logged in on my phone with no trouble while the iPad app keeps telling me the password is wrong. Typed the same password into Safari and logged in without issue.

I wish I could say I've figured out what's going on, but unfortunately I'm not sure. I'll toss on a +1 and maybe I'll get a brainwave.

Jeoh posted:

If people dislike the limit we could pay pokeyman $250 per month to double it :v: .

Soooo not worth it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just dropping in to say how much I appreciate the work you guys do, very selfless and cool of you!

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

pokeyman posted:

Good work

Thanks for taking the time to give a poo poo. When I check battery usage on my iPhone settings Awful comes up A#1 and I don't mean that in a bad way

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
Stop notifying me when lowtax posts I don't give a poo poo

(Great app)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The Star Wars thread in CineD seems broken.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

edit: yay timing! I’ll take a look ^^^

Y’all are very welcome!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

There's a bunch of threads doing that, because radium or something

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

baka kaba posted:

There's a bunch of threads doing that, because radium or something
All of zen death robot's posts were deleted at one point, and the threads that he posted in are exhibiting strange behavior.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Boston thread is doing that :wrongcity:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

Stop notifying me when lowtax posts I don't give a poo poo

(Great app)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not sure if this is a known bug or not but on the latest beta whenever I delete a thread from my bookmarks none of the other threads can be opened. I have to force quit the app to select them again.

Also the link to the Awful thread in settings doesn’t work.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

lelandjs posted:

I’m also noticing that quote links aren’t working anymore. Guessing it’s the same problem.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Not sure if this is a known bug or not but on the latest beta whenever I delete a thread from my bookmarks none of the other threads can be opened. I have to force quit the app to select them again.

you might need to update, the settings link is how I got here

(I'm on iOS, no clue if the versions are kept in line)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

you might need to update, the settings link is how I got here

(I'm on iOS, no clue if the versions are kept in line)

I’m on the latest beta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuE8REVJ5wY

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

ahhh I see, the working link is in 3.27

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

jivjov posted:

The Star Wars thread in CineD seems broken.

As mentioned, I think this is the rare bug that’s just Forums Fuckery we can't do anything about. Sorry!

ahhh I see, the working link is in 3.27

In the 3.28 beta I think I broke the mechanism that enables:

• the settings button to take you to this thread
• links to other posts
• opening a copied URL
• the various URL schemes

I’ll fix it up this weekend.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Diabolik900 posted:

I’m also noticing that quote links aren’t working anymore. Guessing it’s the same problem.
This is a Chrome problem as of version 61.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Is it just that the page really doesn't exist? Like it says there are 42 pages but posts were deleted that make it 41 now. Does the web site also show the wrong page numbers?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

smackfu posted:

Is it just that the page really doesn't exist? Like it says there are 42 pages but posts were deleted that make it 41 now. Does the web site also show the wrong page numbers?

The app gets its numbers from scrapping the website, so if the website is wrong, the app will be too.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
If you would like the Awful iPhone/iPad App to fix this problem for you, then you can use it to create a new thread.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
The app never remembers my favorite smilies and I’m nearly certain it’s my fault somehow.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
spoopy once-sticky threads are rearing their heads again

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Link will be fixed next beta. I'll +1 the bookmarks thing, that chorus is getting pretty loud by this point.

Diabolik900 posted:

Sure is! The 3.28 update got through review but I can't ship it with this bug. Gonna re-submit tonight.

Grassy Knowles posted:

The app never remembers my favorite smilies and I’m nearly certain it’s my fault somehow.

Nah it's probably my complete and utter neglect of that feature despite the mounting list of issues with it!

dragon enthusiast posted:

spoopy once-sticky threads are rearing their heads again

Yay! I'll take a look sometime I hope. Last time it was basically exactly as you describe, right? Thread's no longer sticky but the stickiness never goes away?

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

The Parent Forum button isn't working for me on the latest Beta. Also, the Beta thread refuses to load for some reason - just a blank screen.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Is it just me, or do I have to do a wipe and reinstall if I want to see ignored posts? I ignore some folks, but sometimes I want to see what they're shitposting.

The behavior right now is that if I choose to look at the hidden message link it gives me a random message from somewhere else in that thread.

I'm on iOS 11.0.2, but it's been like this since iOS 10 for me..

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Binary Badger posted:

Is it just me, or do I have to do a wipe and reinstall if I want to see ignored posts? I ignore some folks, but sometimes I want to see what they're shitposting.

The behavior right now is that if I choose to look at the hidden message link it gives me a random message from somewhere else in that thread.

Quote the person you're ignoring

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Binary Badger posted:

Yeah I get the same if I try that. Perhaps... remove them from your Ignore list 🤔😎

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

spanky the dolphin posted:

The Parent Forum button isn't working for me on the latest Beta. Also, the Beta thread refuses to load for some reason - just a blank screen.

Whoops, I'll look into the parent forum thing. The beta thread issue is because zdr had posted there. It should start working again after a couple posts go by, or I'll just close it and make a new one.

Binary Badger posted:

This sounds very familiar, but I can't find an issue for it, so I think I thought I fixed it. Clearly not! I'll take a look.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Just wanted to chime in and say the new app icons are :sparkles:

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Is the icon thing new since the last iOS update? I had no idea that was possible from inside an app.

love having the :v: icon lol

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

life is a joke posted:

Is the icon thing new since the last iOS update? I had no idea that was possible from inside an app.

love having the :v: icon lol
I remember suggesting a :v: app icon several years ago and I’m super stoked that we finally have one. Best update ever.

Never knew about icon options, I’d love if more apps could make use of this.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Question Mark Mound posted:

I remember suggesting a :v: app icon several years ago and I’m super stoked that we finally have one. Best update ever.

Never knew about icon options, I’d love if more apps could make use of this.

It's only been available since iOS 10.3 so it's still fairly new. It's sometimes used in sports apps so you can have your favourite team logo on your home screen.

It's really useful in this case as it's normally so difficult for the community to agree on just one icon to move forward with. I'm open to making more if anyone has ideas, although there aren't that many easily translatable ones left I don't think.

I'm Rockin' the :staredog: at the moment.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
What's this app icon thing you're discussing?

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
i vote for either :mamacita: or :poolgirl: or :phoneline:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Page 261 isn’t loading?

Trying to access from page 260

Long press on thread from bookmarks. There was the same “can’t load page” dialogue box. Upon pressing OK, it froze there

It froze, had to restart the app

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11, latest stable Awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

pwn posted:

Page 261 isn’t loading?

Trying to access from page 260

This is a forums issue. ZDR apparently deleted all of his posts a few days ago, screwing up every thread that he posted in because there's some kind of mismatch between the number of posts that the forums think is in a thread, and the number that are actually there.

I think threads work ok once they get enough posts to make up for the ones that were deleted, maybe, which is the main reason I'm posting this. (I got here by setting my posts per page on the website to 30, which I guess made the page count work out in such a way that I was able to see the phantom posts).

• Locked thread