Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You could also (if you have the Mystic Code that prevents buffs once) cast the no-buff Code on Marie, unleash a NP burst on turn one, and then use command seals to unleash another NP burst.

God knows there's never really much use for Command Seals at this point anyways. I've used them a grand total of 3 times in NA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Trihugger posted:

Didn't they give out 30 quartz for New Years last year? FGO has always been generous about giving out random quartz. They make up for it with the most soul crushing gacha rates on the market.

Magia Record has the same rates and while I haven't mathed it I'm pretty sure the quartz rates and costs are even worse.

Unsurprisingly, it's also from Aniplex.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The rates are fine if they separated crafts from summons

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Another day without Musashi Gacha...why must you taunt me so...

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Hate-Senpai posted:

You could also (if you have the Mystic Code that prevents buffs once) cast the no-buff Code on Marie, unleash a NP burst on turn one, and then use command seals to unleash another NP burst.

God knows there's never really much use for Command Seals at this point anyways. I've used them a grand total of 3 times in NA.

It negates the effect of buffs for this turn (rather than prevent casting of buffs), so you wouldn't be able to deal dmg with a 2nd NP using a command seal, if she recasts it at the end of the current turn or if the invul lasts more than the current turn.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

UchihaHirou posted:

It negates the effect of buffs for this turn (rather than prevent casting of buffs), so you wouldn't be able to deal dmg with a 2nd NP using a command seal, if she recasts it at the end of the current turn or if the invul lasts more than the current turn.

I think they're talking about Memories of the Lunar Sea's third skill, which causes the next buff the target uses to fail to apply. So it works fine against Marie's NP, it only has problems against enemies with a dodge or invulnerability skill that they can spam multiple times in one turn.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

TheFlyingLlama posted:

What level do you have her? She's reverse S so she tends to get a bunch of her stats late and until you get her interlude to bring her np up to 400% damage it's probably gonna feel a tad anemic

ah, that'd be why. She's only level 60 and I haven't reached her interlude yet. I wasn't expecting insane damage because like Endorph said I've only got her at NP1 but I'm struggling to even kill weaklings with it

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

They put up a banner for the next event which starts the 12th. This is the tamamo one right?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

DrManiac posted:

They put up a banner for the next event which starts the 12th. This is the tamamo one right?

It starts on the 17th, but otherwise yes; she's in the trailer so there's not much room for ambiguity.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

loving finally got Vlad's third ascension after grinding hell for claws... Now need 6 more golden berserker monuments...

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CasterCat is worth trying to pull for, isn't she?
I've got a small stack of quartz and summon tickets burning a hole in my pocket.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

the_steve posted:

I've got a small stack of quartz and summon tickets burning a hole in my pocket.

Yup. She, Waver, and Merlin are the grand trio of amazing Support Casters.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

the_steve posted:

If you like her or want to make an arts-heavy team, yes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hope I get her just to get another spellcaster

All I have is a lowly 35 hans because Okeanos remains uncompleted

Chippzz
Mar 22, 2008
I look forward to spend all my quarts to get np5 berserker cat.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want London so Uncle Vlad can get Legend of Dracula.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Will do a 10 roll. Kinda hoping to get Carmilla.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want London so Uncle Vlad can get Legend of Dracula.

Don't forget the Kazikli Bey buff that increases damage and stargen a lot

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm betting on my Supports getting Tamamo instead of me so I can continue to save for Scathach. BTW, if anyone here gets her, drop your friend code so I can add you. Look for Franz in your request list.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Don't forget the Kazikli Bey buff that increases damage and stargen a lot

omg cant wait!!!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

the_steve posted:

Tamamo no Mae is a fox monster wearing human skin, get it right.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Schubalts posted:

If we're splitting hairs she's actually a jackal.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
She's a foxy lady alright.

Since I got Vlad and I had Waver already I cannot not try for her. I have 3 10 rolls saved but might shoot some money at my phone for Tamacat.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Schubalts posted:

CasterCat rolls off the tongue better. :colbert:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Anyone remember if you needed to complete Fuyuki for the halloween event?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Oh my god, I just remembered I had an old day 1 Jeanne account left over, so instead of starting with nothing I at least get a Jeanne and a lot of quartz out of my stupidity

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's Casko you uncultured swines

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Wuxi posted:

Anyone remember if you needed to complete Fuyuki for the halloween event?

You needed to complete Orleans.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

tammy is best girl and i look forward to not pulling her because i betrayed her in attempts to get drake

or i'll single ticket her

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

the_steve posted:

CasterCat rolls off the tongue better. :colbert:

Maybe if your tongue is broken and you're addicted to saying dumb poo poo

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

You needed to complete Orleans.

gently caress

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
A starting account should be able to beat the first two singularities with just level-up AP, right? I'm sure I remember people doing that on day one.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

A starting account should be able to beat the first two singularities with just level-up AP, right? I'm sure I remember people doing that on day one.

Yeah, super easy stamina-wise. I even have 5 Apples and you get so much stamina with the 50% AP event, its just that the first few singularities aren't exactly high art

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Wuxi posted:

gently caress

You can do it, I believe in you!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tae posted:

The rates are fine if they separated crafts from summons

So instead of 1% / 3% / 40% for 5/4/3 star servants it's 1% / 3% / 96%?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, because a 3 star servant is always better than another black key

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Yeah, because a 3 star servant is always better than another black key

Hey, at least you can equip multiple black keys so they're technically only useless after the 25th copy. 3* servants are pure mana prisms from six onwards.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Is the 4* drop rate seriously 3%

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Three stars servant give more cubes too.

U-DO Burger posted:

Is the 4* drop rate seriously 3%
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I know, doesn't feel that high does it? But there you go.