Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

FL, I appreciate you showing up to actually discuss instead of just hammering Max straight away. If you're still nervous about voting him, I think Mithross summed it up best here:

I get what you're saying, but it's hard to clear garth, to my mind, based solely on a rolecop claim. You're right that KB had no motivation to lie, so let's say that rolecop is accurate - is that enough to clear garth? How much of a townie town man would Edgar be?

I'll go back and reread the bit around KB's and garth's claims and see if anything jumps out at me, there should be time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Flying Leatherman posted:

I get what you're saying, but it's hard to clear garth, to my mind, based solely on a rolecop claim. You're right that KB had no motivation to lie, so let's say that rolecop is accurate - is that enough to clear garth? How much of a townie town man would Edgar be?

I'll go back and reread the bit around KB's and garth's claims and see if anything jumps out at me, there should be time.

Edgar is one of the playable characters in ffvi, he's actively rebelling against the empire but ~flavor solving~

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man if FL is scum he is playing it super smooth right now

Edgar would be one of the main major PC heroes and townie as gently caress if the claim is real. It could just be a fakeclaim instead, of course. But the rolecop suggests this is not the case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Maybe we do need to kill the espers?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Max (3): garthoneeye, Bifauxnen, Mithross
Flying Leatherman (2): Bifauxnen, garthoneeye, garthoneeye, Bifauxnen, Xad, Max
garthoneeye (2): Flying Leatherman, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Max

Not Voting (0):

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 27 minutes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ffffffff##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

I am certainly not ruling this out, but as we've gone over lots of times, there has to be 1 Imperial left or Kefka would've absconded.

If one more Imperial dies and it's Biggs and the Espers are still here, then yeah I'd be totally up for lunching em next cause I'd assume they're pulling a long con of "oooh wait there's gotta be one more, make sure you never lunch us till they're all gone, us being here proves it!"

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Max posted:

Even if we need to kill the Espers, there still has to be at least one Imperial left, otherwise Kash would have won.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I really have not been paying attention.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Sure enough, something jumped out at me. Garth claimed that he watched GulagDolls N1 and nobody visited him, which was a really gutsy claim to make at the time he made it if he was lying - there was still a decent amount of empty claim space within surviving players. I missed that the first time through. ##unvote

Given what you've mentioned I guess Edgar would be at least a soft flavor clear too.

FWIW, I'm leaning towards the espers being solidly pro-town; having a brutal doc and a tracker feels very pro town. Maybe there's a traitor, but I don't think both Xad and Mith are bad, or that Espers are antitown.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bif why is my flavor claim not good?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

Bif why is my flavor claim not good?

what? You mean, you just saying you're Cyan? That is not the same thing as someone actually claiming rolecop results and you know it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh pfffft. Doi.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You just saying "hey I'm Cyan" = not good enough

Garth just saying "hey I'm Edgar" = not good enough

Someone else saying "hey I got rolecop results that say Garth is a Human King with Tools" and no one counterclaiming that and then Garth coming forward to agree with data about abilities that seem to match = a lot more compelling

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes I hosed up.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'm turning it over in my head and I'm almost thinking it has to be Max at this point. Between the timing of garth's watcher claim and a soft flavor clear from a dude with no motivation to lie, Tobbs's confirmed results on a couple different targets, and Bif having an uncontested scum-murdery claim, there just really isn't that much possibility space left. The best I can come up with is a traitor Esper but that's such a bank shot, and reading over Mith and Xad they both feel really townie to me.

gently caress it, ##vote Max. :redhammer:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Max - Cyan - Hero aligned was killed on day 6!

You are Cyan Garamonde
A noble warrior of a foreign land. A faithful retainer to his lord and master, he fears not even death

You are Hero aligned and win when all threats to heroes have been eliminated.

It is n6!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Max (4): garthoneeye, Bifauxnen, Mithross, Flying Leatherman
Flying Leatherman (1): Bifauxnen, garthoneeye, garthoneeye, Bifauxnen, Xad, Max, Max
garthoneeye (1): Flying Leatherman, Tobbs Gnawed, Max, Max, Flying Leatherman

Not Voting (1): Max

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 57 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Mithross - Shiva - Esper aligned gets turned into magicite on n6!

you are Shiva
This female Esper launches a freezing blizzard attack by crystallizing air moisture.

You are Esper aligned and win when ???.

Shiva is now a magicite, you know the drill.

It is day 7!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (5): Bifauxnen, Flying Leatherman, garthoneeye, Tobbs Gnawed, Xad

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 12th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Oh. Oh good.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Anyone have anything? I sat on my thumbs last night as I'm out of abilities.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I jailed FL.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Sooooo

Garth claimed to poison bif.

Max bodyguarded bif, and bif didn't die.

Garth either lied about his action or Bif is immune to night kills.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I have no abilities left either.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Unless FL is unstoppable, FL couldn't have committed the kill last night. Xad is an esper. Bif is esper-confirmed non-Imperial.

I don't see how I can vote for anyone but Tobbs today. Is there anything I'm missing?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

garthoneeye posted:

Unless FL is unstoppable, FL couldn't have committed the kill last night. Xad is an esper. Bif is esper-confirmed non-Imperial.

I don't see how I can vote for anyone but Tobbs today. Is there anything I'm missing?

I was jailed yesterday and the kill still went off.

Kind of just leaves you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

garthoneeye posted:

Yes. Tobbs would also have to be unstoppable. He was in fire jail the night before. So you would have to decide between Tobbs and FL based on reads, not jail actions, as they are equal in that regard.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
We know there's at least one imperial, as many as two, otherwise they'd have won already.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
If there's two that makes things significantly trickier since they could be swapping the nk and I've been missing.

If there's only one, I can basically eliminate tobbs and FL.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I was jailed yesterday and the kill still went off.

Kind of just leaves you.

I was tracked to FL the night before.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Xad posted:

We know there's at least one imperial, as many as two, otherwise they'd have won already.

You know, I actually went back to go re-read the Kefka flip just to make loving sure it said he was in fact killed, as opposed to absconded, because this is getting loving ridiculous.

(He was killed, though)

(Otherwise I'd just be saying gently caress it and voting for you today :v: )

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Xad posted:

If there's two that makes things significantly trickier since they could be swapping the nk and I've been missing.

No we can't eliminate them haven't we learned anything god honour poor Max's memory would you

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
When do we get to the world of ruin?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yeah. The fact that she was brutal copped and killed an imperial clear her pretty well.

If it's two left, then from my perspective it's Garth and FL.

Which is sort of appropriate as FL was cleared by garth's busdrive and roleblock.

Then, I'll reiterate, that if Garth had poisoned bif she should have died since Max's protection was only a bodyguard (and Max would have died if it did work).

For me, everything points to Garth, which is why I preferred him to Max yesterday.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

garthoneeye posted:

I was tracked to FL the night before.

My working hypothesis is that you and FL are on a team.

What was your action on FL that night again?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

No we can't eliminate them haven't we learned anything god honour poor Max's memory would you

Whether it's one or two of them, the one constant is you Espers keep just so happening to clear just enough people to leave us with only one or two obvious airtight suspects who then turn out to be town.

An unstoppable kill would make it finally make loving sense.

I probably should've stuck with Tobbs yesterday.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Xad posted:

Yeah, but you jailed Tobbs and I roleblocked FL the same night.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My working hypothesis is that you and FL are on a team.

What was your action on FL that night again?

Roleblock

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Yeah, currently I'm mostly suspicious of FL, then garth and tobbs, then Bif. Or at least I really hope bif isn't secretly scum or I'm hosed.

Obviously since there was a nk when I jailed FL I should vote for tobbs or garth today, since someone else killed mithross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Am I the only one who finds it odd that multiple actions of garth target FL and supposedly clear him?

• Locked thread