Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Like Harper is back and suddenly all of Smackdown is good

hmmmm

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

tweet my meat posted:

The new day was always good as well, but yeah I'm looking forward to my stay in the uso penitentiary.

Not saying they weren't but liking New Day wasn't a controversial opinion around here like being down for The Usos was for, like, 3 years

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm just saying that both teams were really loving good and the feud was great, but I'm glad they ended it with the uso's winning to shake things up.

If you want some spicier takes, I've been down for Corbin since MitB which is about when I got into wrestling and when everyone still hated him, and I enjoy his character more than AJ's. He deserves a good title run and I'm really glad they finally stopped the dumb punishment booking.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm hoping the end goal is Corbin US champ AJ Styles WWE champ. I've been watching for most of my life and AJ has been one of the best in the world for over a decade and half but if you just got into wrestling I can see why you'd like Corbin's character more since after Wrestlemania AJ's character has been "face who is the best at wrestling" which I personally enjoy since he backs it up

But I can't hate Corbin too much. The punishment booking was for hating the concussion doctor they have who was literally the villain from that movie about the NFL hiding concussion research.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah it probably wasn't the smartest move by him, but I respect him standing up for it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Under the vegetable posted:

Much like SiriusXM Radio. That makes sense.

Wait, what?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They should have brought up Chris Hero to also be a Bludgeon Boy or whatever the team is called

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
When Erick Rowan showed up as one of the final members of team Cena in the lead up to Survivor series 2014 I actually broke a chair with my extreme vibrating bounce rear end from all the marking out. He is the only wrestler that I have ruined furniture for out of love, and I've been watching since '91. :colbert:

Erick Rowan is good, folks. I'm glad he and Harper are Sledge Siblings.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Sami gave a nice speech but the crowd kinda didn't give a poo poo. "Shane didn't want me to have an opportunity" "NOBODY DOES"

I think they've got a bigger uphill climb to making people care about Sami again than just turning him heel.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

WWE Discussion: I actually broke a chair with my extreme vibrating bounce rear end

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Luke Harper is receiving a rework

3 weeks later

What if we give him a hammer?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

a new study bible! posted:

Luke Harper is receiving a rework

3 weeks later

What if we give him a hammer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

only now its harper and rowan doing it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

only now its harper and rowan doing it

Only Harper is doing that face that Pennywise does during his dancing scene in IT

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Ellsworth as Carmella's sub is great.

See, if they commit to it and they both learn how to work effectively in the role I'd agree.

Right now they aren't, and it just seems awkward. Like, let it be a sex thing. If it isn't it's just awkward and weird.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Liar Lyre posted:

Harper and Rowan are now the CAW tag team you make on Here Comes the Pain with your little brother.

I paired up Harper with Dean Ambrose in 2K17 as the Dirty White Boys

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I'm totally down with this Sami heel turn since his heel gimmick is "I love my best friend and want to hang out with him, and maybe get a push for once".

I'm also totally down for the swerve when Sami is the one who turns on Kevin for once and kicks his face in when he least expects it.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Erebus posted:

Sami gave a nice speech but the crowd kinda didn't give a poo poo. "Shane didn't want me to have an opportunity" "NOBODY DOES"

I think they've got a bigger uphill climb to making people care about Sami again than just turning him heel.

To be fair to Sami that crowd was Grand Rapids, Michigan. That's a bored parents and their children market. Might as well have been Corpus Christi, TX.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A show of support for Neville seemingly:

https://twitter.com/GentlemanJackG/status/918083027401625600

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/918107195400704000

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

RealFoxy posted:

Who could blame him? He's one of the most crisp wrestlers in the world and in the last couple months

He lost his title to Tozawa because Vince showed up one day and on a whim decided he wanted a title change
He lost his title again on a whim to Enzo who had a very, very short run.

His ceiling would be 205 Live and the title is just getting traded around now with no rhyme or reason. He could go to Japan and start making that Young Bucks money for being one of the best wrestlers in the world.

Why is WWE such a pit of abject sadness and failure?

RealFoxy posted:

I don't think it will because despite Bray looking like a buffoon constantly on TV, he's always sold as being legitimate and I doubt that Balor would be the one to start cracking jokes

That's almost a problem now - they always try to sell him seriously, but he just constantly is doing stupid poo poo. Makes his opponents look bad as well. The House of Horrors was bad for both Randy and Bray.

VJeff posted:

"Hey, hey. Breezango's cool."

"Alright, I like Fashion Files too."

I love these teams. :allears:

And y'know, Sami made some good points and he did well with the material because he's a great performer, but I can really, really, really do without the "Being a good guy is loving stupid, thanks for beating me into opening my eyes, Kevin!" stuff. I'm like 99% sure all those good points he made are getting shot down by a McMahon immediately, too.

But it's kinda Kayfabe true - Sami is Kevin's equal, but hasn't had his success. One of the biggest differences? Kevin cheats, is ruthless, and doesn't wait for poo poo to happen he makes poo poo happen.

Sotar posted:

Didn't they play it as this huge victory for Zayn, then *tumbleweeds* for Zayn?

Oh yeah. Owens won the Universal title in like a month or two, and then Zayn became the designated man to lose clean to KO so he had some credibility before retaining via Jericho shenanigans every PPV.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I forgot throughout this pretty good Smackdown that they promised us Fashion Files AGAIN and didn't deliver

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think the Bludgeon Bros is good dumb fun and I'm happy it gets them on TV, but Rowan doesn't need to keep his Wyatt family steampunk sheep mask. With those robes and hammers it's kind of a "hat on a hat"

If they were CAWs it wouldn't even let you put those parts together

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

[quote="“RealFoxy”" post="“477271282”"]
I forgot throughout this pretty good Smackdown that they promised us Fashion Files AGAIN and didn’t deliver
[/quote]

They probably realized they need to introduce the Bludgeon Bros first before they are revealed as "2B"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Dacap posted:

They probably realized they need to introduce the Bludgeon Bros first before they are revealed as "2B"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok that makes sense.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Dacap posted:

:aaaaa:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a new study bible! posted:

WWE Discussion: I actually broke a chair with my extreme vibrating bounce rear end

Yeah this is one of the funniest posts in months.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dacap posted:

Gator rolls are prohibited.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So I was told Neville was unhappy for a while and WWE told him if he got his heel character over he'd get a heavyweight push on Raw. He obviously did and then WWE dragged their feet in honouring their promise.

Wanting him to job to Enzo again to set up Kalisto vs Enzo at the PPV was seemingly the final straw.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Remember when Justin Gabriel quit after not being used in literally months and they immediately phoned him to say they'd have been using him on Raw that night if only he'd stayed, lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

apologies for the motion sickness

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Neville has committed the sins of being both short and a goblin man, the sentence is buried alive effective immediately

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

rovert posted:

So I was told Neville was unhappy for a while and WWE told him if he got his heel character over he'd get a heavyweight push on Raw. He obviously did and then WWE dragged their feet in honouring their promise.

Wanting him to job to Enzo again to set up Kalisto vs Enzo at the PPV was seemingly the final straw.

Just let Neville take the belt off Jinder and he can drop it to AJ sometime next year in a burn the house down match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

See, Neville is proof you're all wrong and there's more to Jinder's push than just steroids.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

Remember when Justin Gabriel quit after not being used in literally months and they immediately phoned him to say they'd have been using him on Raw that night if only he'd stayed, lmao

I remember everything about Justin Gabriel

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ricochet seeing his last full arena before going to 205 Live

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Ricochet is scanning the arena back-and-forth, nervously attempting to determine where in the world those hard cameras are gonna be when he gets to Full Sail

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The fact that Finn gets to rumble with heavyweights while Neville was stuck with the purple ropes always seemed insane to me. Neville was like the best performer on staff. Also, Broken Neville was a cool character.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I still hold out hope for my Neville /Braun tag team where Neville does Red Arrows off Braun's shoulders

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Not using the cruiserweights outside of their own division will always feel like a waste to me. Not only because of Neville but because they have too many guys signed to have time to use them all on 205 Live(true of the roster in general). When Tozawa isn't feuding for the title he should be tagging with Apollo on Raw. Let Mustafa Ali challenge for the US title on a random Smackdown. If Curt Hawkins is going to job let Gran Metallik beat him. WWE needs fresh faces/matchups and the talent brought in via the CWC gives them that chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

schweens posted:

Not using the cruiserweights outside of their own division will always feel like a waste to me. Not only because of Neville but because they have too many guys signed to have time to use them all on 205 Live(true of the roster in general). When Tozawa isn't feuding for the title he should be tagging with Apollo on Raw. Let Mustafa Ali challenge for the US title on a random Smackdown. If Curt Hawkins is going to job let Gran Metallik beat him. WWE needs fresh faces/matchups and the talent brought in via the CWC gives them that chance.

the cruiserweight division was created so they will never have another Daniel Bryan situation on their hands ever again

• Locked thread