Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
TWITTER: Everybody is outraged by everything and has to argue about anything with anybody
FACEBOOK: Link salad where it's impossible to keep up with anything or anybody
REDDIT: It's reddit

Sucks that those joints have like a gazillion dollars more than me and my crippling debt, but at least I'll go bankrupt knowing that these forums are far more entertaining and less obnoxious than any actual social media site. Thank you, forum users, for not being like the above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Without SA where are those other sites going to steal their jokes from?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

It's nice to have at least one place where racists get banned routinely rather than verified/ad-supported.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lowtax I'm glad I've probably sent you like, $75 during my life time and your stupid dead gay forums are still up and running.

Thanks for everything, pal.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Lowtax posted:

TWITTER: Everybody is outraged by everything and has to argue about anything with anybody
FACEBOOK: Link salad where it's impossible to keep up with anything or anybody
REDDIT: It's reddit

Sucks that those joints have like a gazillion dollars more than me and my crippling debt, but at least I'll go bankrupt knowing that these forums are far more entertaining and less obnoxious than any actual social media site. Thank you, forum users, for not being like the above.

Thank you Lowtax, truly. if this place closes down, I'm pretty much not going on the web as it's the only place I like reading online anymore.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Yah, social media is loving retarded but this forum is not without it's faults.

Why was this thread covering an important subject gassed a mere 8 minutes after it's creation!? It had no time to come to fruition!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837184&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post477281528

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You're welcome Lowtax.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Jesus Christ posted:

Yah, social media is loving retarded but this forum is not without it's faults.

Why was this thread covering an important subject gassed a mere 8 minutes after it's creation!? It had no time to come to fruition!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837184&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post477281528
Because I'm cutting down on dumb white noise in GBS, and a story about having to poop while driving certainly qualifies.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Make linking to twitter bannable

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My hot take: Something Awful.... is anything but!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lowtax posted:

Because I'm cutting down on dumb white noise in GBS, and a story about having to poop while driving certainly qualifies.

If you said you were cutting down on black noise that'd sound racist. I just want you to consider this moving forward, ty.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ's poo poo story counts as colored noise

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

all noises matter

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
gender fluid noise

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

let's destroy social media

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Lowtax posted:

I'm outraged by this characterization and would like to argue with you about it. Let's take this to Twitter and settle it like heads of state of nuclear-armed nations.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I get all my news from GBS, it's nice to stay on top of current events like the schezuan sauce scandal of early October 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Twitter... is for twats!

Facebook: less faces than food pictures

Reddit? More like can't read-it!

Something Awful.... -ly great!

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Lowtax, I appreciate you.

And this forum so I have been trying to attract more people to it as well as finally buying plat after 11 years.

Death to web 2.0!
Long live paywall!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
There's money to be made moving bootleg gender fluid

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

facebook is brutal now

endless links with no comments from the people who posted it

sometimes the headlines are so ambiguous and the topic controversial you wonder if they are for or against the subject. its like hey buddy you arn't a news agency stop just spamming links.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

If this place gave me good pictures and videos to squirt my juice to i'd never go to another website again!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
SA is going bankrupt?

*starts taking on massive high interest loans with no intention of paying back. Kills self once SA does go under*

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
No poo poo deleting every social media app from my phone and blocking Facebook from my laptop has improved my productivity and happiness tenfold. I kept the FB Messenger app to talk to friends but it made me realize that there are only four or five people who I actually give enough of a poo poo to keep up with and if I want to know how their life is going I will ask them. The first couple of days without it made me really restless and agitated like I was coming off of a withdrawal. It was bizarre, but now I feel better.

These forums, so dead and so gay, remain a part of my day however

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Heath posted:

No poo poo deleting every social media app from my phone and blocking Facebook from my laptop has improved my productivity and happiness tenfold. I kept the FB Messenger app to talk to friends but it made me realize that there are only four or five people who I actually give enough of a poo poo to keep up with and if I want to know how their life is going I will ask them. The first couple of days without it made me really restless and agitated like I was coming off of a withdrawal. It was bizarre, but now I feel better.

These forums, so dead and so gay, remain a part of my day however
its funny how facebook is so bad

but facebook messanger actually works pretty well!

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
For what its worth you've vastly increased the amount of funny on my Facebook feed.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The forums are good, thank you for keeping them alive!

Also, Twitter is the worst thing to happen to society maybe ever.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Hi Lowtax keep up the good work buddy!!

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Do you have a Snapchat?

I blame Disney
Sep 30, 2016

They know what they did
Twitter literally destroyed America, I don't see how anyone can even compete with that

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I was actually just thinking about the fact that unlike any other social media site where it's all about you these forums are focused on ideas and actual discussion instead of posting a link and having 10 people say it was cool. I I think will be interesting to be able to cross post something awful discussions into places like Facebook and see what people say

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love something awful, the place where everyones your friends

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It would be cool if SA had a thing to let me know someone is replying to something I said without having to use the search function but otherwise it is perfect. Thanks for not rage-deleting it at any point in the last 17 years or however long its been.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

numberoneposter posted:

facebook is brutal now

endless links with no comments from the people who posted it

sometimes the headlines are so ambiguous and the topic controversial you wonder if they are for or against the subject. its like hey buddy you arn't a news agency stop just spamming links.

There's actually a goon who does this. He keeps posting Associated Press breaking news with no input from himself and everyone thinks that he's super on top of it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Remember Digg?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Time to try to start advertising this place as a refuge from the stupidity of twitter?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Kelp Me! posted:

Remember Digg?

Was that the thing the forums had a button for at one point?

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Same. I keep getting banned from Facebook groups for posting like I'm in GBS.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Was that the thing the forums had a button for at one point?

Oh poo poo, maybe? It was like proto-Reddit IIRC.

Also nice to see that Fark still looks exactly the same as it did like 15 years ago when I thought it was kind of funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
i've been reading this website and these forums since late 2000 and i will only stop when one of us dies, Lowtax.

• Locked thread