Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

projecthalaxy posted:

Harper and Rowan better actually hit people with thw giant hammers. Make them out of hollow plastic like a baby's squeaky hammer if you gotta. Just bonk some dudes, big red

That's HHH's gimmick, so expect them to be repackaged as ... I don't know, the Bubblewrap Brothers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/918245869316538368

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I feel sad for my friend Kevin because his friend got fired because a 70 year old man was upset that a bunch of dudes took a picture with a bus in front of one of his many events.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The Young Bucks are so awesome they intentionally put their friend in a very bad spot and got him fired

Too Sour

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ellsworth is in a really toxic relationship. He could find a nice lady who loves him for what he is and isnt using him as a surrogate for her loving military boyfriend who comes to visit this weekend.

This are my toughts on this matter

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 12, 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So when do they start banning Bullet Club shirts on TV? I mean they are showing up on camera at most Raw/SmackDown tapings

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ellsworth is in a really toxic relationship. He could find a nice lady who loves him for what he is and isnt use him as a surrogate for her loving military boyfriend who comes to visit this weekend.

This are my toughts on this matter

Way to be a closed minded rear end about a consensual BDSM based wrestling relationship. I support their relationship and applaud their bravery for being so open about it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Midnightghoul posted:

The Young Bucks are so awesome they intentionally put their friend in a very bad spot and got him fired

Too Sour

Meltzer got fired?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rovert posted:

I will say Jimmy has had issues with substance abuse in the past. So the Bucks stuff might not be the sole reason why they cut him.
If you're a scoopsman you probably shouldn't hint at a returning drug problem unless you know something is up

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tweet my meat posted:

Way to be a closed minded rear end about a consensual BDSM based wrestling relationship. I support their relationship and applaud their bravery for being so open about it.

Carmella is abusing my friend with promises of extreme sex but he wants affection and company. In the future the sex will get boring and she is going to return with her military boyfriend. After a trip to the ER for alcohol dehydration he will see things clearly and things will start to get better

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

rovert posted:

I will say Jimmy has had issues with substance abuse in the past. So the Bucks stuff might not be the sole reason why they cut him.
Its not like the WWE to be petty over something like the Bullet Club turning up at RAW. Its probably a professional, sane reason like Jacobs having a history of drug abuse.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Carmella is abusing my friend with promises of extreme sex but he wants affection and company. In the future the sex will get boring and she is going to return with her military boyfriend. After a trip to the ER for alcohol dehydration he will see things clearly and things will start to get better
go see a therapist.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

Its not like the WWE to be petty over something like the Bullet Club turning up at RAW. Its probably a professional, sane reason like Jacobs having a history of drug abuse.

Satin's report said the Bullet Club photo was the final straw. Meaning Jimmy was already on thin ice.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
also jim jacobs is definitely a dude i'd want on my side if i were heading some wrestling fed's creative team and so to release him is basically like the wrestling version of starbucks firing one of their employees for being seen at the wrestling version of literally anywhere that sells good coffee.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Not like any of this matters anyway because we will keep watching. :)

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Not like any of this matters anyway because we will keep watching. :)

If I could talk my daughter into watching NJPW instead...

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Jimmy Jacobs should beat Cody Rhodes for the RoH World Championship and also he kills Delirious and becomes booker

Meanwhile, in WWE, Jinder Mahal reigns forever

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Meanwhile, in WWE, Jinder Mahal reigns forever

He will build a new Taj Mahal to house the WWE tape library after the company dies

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So when do they start banning Bullet Club shirts on TV? I mean they are showing up on camera at most Raw/SmackDown tapings

Someone asked Dave this on Twitter and he basically said they used to do stuff like that in the 80s but would never get away with doing it today even if they tried

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
That makes me wonder - what would they do if someone were in the front row facing the hard camera, wearing a Chris Benoit shirt? Would they make him leave? Turn it inside out? Make him buy another shirt from merch? Comp him a CenaRoman shirt and insist they wear it instead?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
I wonder why Bray is doing a career killing gimmick.

I WONDER

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jimmy getting fired is BUUUUULLLSHIIIIIT but hot take: I think the Young Bucks are tryhards which is sorta ironic considering how the internet typically claims to feel about tryhards.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

I wonder why Bray is doing a career killing gimmick.

I WONDER

lol if don't think bray has been planning this for years

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jimmy getting fired is BUUUUULLLSHIIIIIT but hot take: I think the Young Bucks are tryhards which is sorta ironic considering how the internet typically claims to feel about tryhards.

they are actually really good wrestlers which makes a huge difference

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tomahawk posted:

they are actually really good wrestlers which makes a huge difference

Not saying they're not. Just saying they grate on me some. :shobon:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I wish Bray would escape to Japan and have really good matches where he throws people with his wicked uranage and possibly gets in a weird-off with Great Muta

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

oatgan posted:

lol if don't think bray has been planning this for years

i don't think you can hide a drag idea from vince for this long

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sentiment online is kinda turning. The last week more than ever.

The Bucks are blocking fans of there's for anything not completely supportive.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What did jimmy jacobs book that was so great. Who even is that. Not a 5 time tag team champion of the woooooorld so who cares

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the hyper specific wrestling bubble we occupy on twitter is in no way representative of larger fan sentiment

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah this is one of the funniest posts in months.

Vibrating rear end is funny, but that it was for loving Eric Rowan turning face and teaming with Cena makes it so much better.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Imagine how quick Ricochet will get depushed if he gets anywhere close to Bryan pop!

Have to think lower and mid card talent are looking at lower house show payments and no PPV money and Cody doing well on the Indies and wondering if they can do that. Someone like Neville probably can make as much on the Indies/Japan and be happy with the work where WWE seems to have a very hard size large/push ceiling right now

Remember how Ricochet went to the performance centre a few years ago and apparently ruffled feathers because people there were in awe of him. How to piss off WWE: be too good that people are impressed by you

Cody's making more money now than he ever was in WWE, apparently. I imagine the envy runs high for some performers.

Kenshin posted:

Cedric Alexander is the best wrestler in the Cruiserweights (and I say that with several other really amazing performers being there too).

I'm looking forward to him getting the title belt and holding onto it for a while.

gently caress Enzo's promos talking about Cedric's charisma. Both because it doesn't make sense in kayfabe, and because rather than letting me decide, I'm just being told that Cedric won't be a person worth watching.

They hosed up Kalisto's entrance! Yeah the trampoline exists, but you don't need to heavily show it!

DangerDummy! posted:

If I could talk my daughter into watching NJPW instead...

Try STARDOM maybe?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Not saying they're not. Just saying they grate on me some. :shobon:

I also don't get or like their meta T-shirt salesman thing, or talking about how they're the big money Young Bucks superkick party 2 sweet.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

who do you guys think are the biggest tryhards in the wwe? imo i feel it's sheamus and cesaro in the ring, new day with everything else.

i like it when people try hard.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JimmyJacobsX/status/918290078421737472

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Wazzu posted:

Remember how Ricochet went to the performance centre a few years ago and apparently ruffled feathers because people there were in awe of him. How to piss off WWE: be too good that people are impressed by you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaQhq42CU00

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

that buck toothed motherfucker

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I really like the young bucks, and they're a good tag team who are good at wrestling and all the things that go along with wrestling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Young Bucks aren't my cup of tea unless they're being the psycho Bucks in NJPW Jr Heavyweight tag team title matches. Having said that I respect them for blazing their own path and pissing off so many idiots doing it.

Having said THAT, Kenny is better at it than them.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

who do you guys think are the biggest tryhards in the wwe?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
Calling any wrestler a try hard is the dumbest thing to me. You find a thing that works and you exploit it. That's wrestling. They honestly didn't do poo poo wrong in their bullet club invasion. They don't owe anything to wwe. That being said though how can you fire a guy for a picture with people. That doesn't make sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The_Rob posted:

That being said though how can you fire a guy for a picture with people. That doesn't make sense to me.

• Locked thread