Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Jumping into this ep after passing on most of season 3, and I'ma give it a...hmm, a solid B-minus. Not actively bad, and I can see all steps they're trying to take to right the ship and get this show back to something enjoyable again, but I still spent most of this hour yawning through all the requisite drama and motivational speeches. These characters are still some of my favorites on TV, but I don't think I'm ever gonna be as enamored of this show as I used to be.

The last part made me hopeful, felt like it was all just an unecesarily elaborate setup to make him get rid of all that angst going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

nine-gear crow posted:

I love how Killer Frost has gone from a dark and angsty force of evil to just "that bitch Caitlyn turns into when she gets blackout drunk" :allears:

I would have been 100% okay if they never addressed how she got a back in control of herself, leaving us to assume there wasn't any magic science voodoo involved, but it actually was just her getting in control of herself and not being crazy and evil.

"Caitlyn! So, are you still an rear end in a top hat? How did you stop being such a huge loving jerk all the time?"
"....."

Yeah i guess i wouldn't answer a question like that either.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I can't wait to meet Caitlin's newest disposable love interest.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Iris's whole thing is working for me.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I imagine Caitlin's change is related to why she was working as a bartender and the person the guy with the creepy eye was talking about.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I love how Killer Frost has gone from a dark and angsty force of evil to just "that bitch Caitlyn turns into when she gets blackout drunk" :allears:

Well like all dumb things from season 3 they should just find some humor in it and pretend like all the super dark stuff didn't happen.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Wally whipping out a mouthful of Japanese like nothing. Fantastic :golfclap:

Broken badly pronounced Japanese - any other character and I'd assume it was poor research and lack of time but with Wally I am certain it is deliberate.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'm really hoping that they're using the whole "Reborn" thing to iron out all the wrinkles in Barry's angst.

That would mean they listened to the criticism leveled at them, however, which seems unlikely. Still, cautiously optimistic. Everyone worked, which is new. Usually someone is sucking the life from the show in an acting black hole.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
What will the new Wells be like?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

bentacos posted:

A black hole, and he will also break fourth wall by replying at week-old tweets posted on the #flash hashtag

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Rocksicles posted:

Iris's whole thing is working for me.

Her being in charge of the lab works for me, but the flaws in her writing are still there. She's still a whiny buzzkill, which makes me sad, because Candice Patton is a drat good actress.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I am a really superficial watcher with low standards, but I bailed on Flash last season. It was baaaaaad.
Giving new season a try and thoughts: Liking1000 percent. Even the damsel in distress thing because it was purposeful and deliberate. Very much wanted the mechanical man to be Wells but sigh.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Majorian posted:

Her being in charge of the lab works for me, but the flaws in her writing are still there. She's still a whiny buzzkill, which makes me sad, because Candice Patton is a drat good actress.

It was loving great watching her get half a chance at a decent role for an episode. Had me thinking it'd be worth letting Barry stay in flash limbo if it meant we kept getting that Iris.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I agree with the rest of the thread if this is their way of wiping out Barry's angst, I'm all for it. I really want to know how Caitlin learned to suppress her Killer Frost side

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well there was no reason she should have been evil to begin with.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Look Killer Frost is evil in the comics (or was? idk) so clearly she HAS to be evil here and a season long angstbomb waiting to happen instead of just feeling awkward and alienated due to seeing how the alt-universe version went, getting over it, and occasionally busting out the ice powers to help while otherwise just wanting to hold onto her identity as a scientist without weird-rear end ice powers. That doesn't allow for a long, dragged out, obnoxious season-long drama train that everyone's sick of by the second epsiode.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Carlosologist posted:

I agree with the rest of the thread if this is their way of wiping out Barry's angst, I'm all for it. I really want to know how Caitlin learned to suppress her Killer Frost side

Alcoholism.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Is it just more, or did the CG running look a lot shittier than usual?

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
okay about half way through and came to a strange conclusion.

I always thought iris was the load of the team.

with barry gone, she's way more awesome.

and the rest of the team feels a lot more legends of tomarrow ish , in a good way.

so is barry the load of his own show?

edit: and when a samurai asks to duel the flash, tell him he's stuck in dimension and unless he wants to help get him back to be a worthy challenge, he'll have to wait. :p.

shades of eternity fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 12, 2017

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Piell posted:

Barry's little hop up the wind turbine was not good. Wally jumping rooftops at the start was some cool poo poo, though.

bentacos posted:

I hope he wears a sombrero.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
...and a snively whiplash moustache. :p

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

shades of eternity posted:

edit: and when a samurai asks to duel the flash, tell him he's stuck in dimension and unless he wants to help get him back to be a worthy challenge, he'll have to wait. :p.

(spoilered because you said you paused halfway through)Well, that was the point. Shows up right when Cisco is ready to try bringing him back, "welcome home Flash" as the dying message. Everything went according to plan.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
As an aside, I thought the Flash suit looked pretty good on Wally, as opposed to the Kid Flash suit which usually looks super bad on him. It basically confirms my suspicion that it's not the actor that's the problem, it's that the Kid Flash suit is just halfassed and ill-fitting.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think it's mostly the mask part, it's goofy lookin.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
And since they made Barry a new suit Wally can just use his old one! Problem solved.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So staying in the Speed Force makes you super fast? But I thought the suit is what made Savitar so fast

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

speedforce.gif

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

WhyteRyce posted:

So staying in the Speed Force makes you super fast? But I thought the suit is what made Savitar so fast

Savitar's suit just made him frictionless so he could use all of his speed.
Or something.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

Or something.

fwiw, I believe the explanation for the suit was that Savitar was so fast that without it he would poof into a fine red mist if the tried to run as fast he was able to. Barry doesn't need the Savitar suit because he's the Main Character.

Also that thing was stupid expensive to have on screen all the time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Flash... fun... again? :confused:

Sorry for the double post.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

fwiw, I believe the explanation for the suit was that Savitar was so fast that without it he would poof into a fine red mist if the tried to run as fast he was able to. Barry doesn't need the Savitar suit because he's the Main Character.

Also that thing was stupid expensive to have on screen all the time.

Ah, so Barry got faster by being in for 6 months. Savitar actually went back in time, meaning his speed rating did that Final Fantasy negative value rollover glitch

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Piell posted:

Loook bub, you can have Candice Patton wearing various things that seem to be designed by a style wizard, or you can have good special effects.

Wizards gotta get paid.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Bruceski posted:

(spoilered because you said you paused halfway through)Well, that was the point. Shows up right when Cisco is ready to try bringing him back, "welcome home Flash" as the dying message. Everything went according to plan.

Team flash didn't know that though so I did think it's a bit weird they didn't even try.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Avalerion posted:

Team flash didn't know that though so I did think it's a bit weird they didn't even try.

Barry's not here, man.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Yeah, it's mostly Wally's mask. Not only is it just goofy in general, it sits low and not centered around his eyes. It almost touches the top of his eyes and hangs low to his cheeks, making him look like he's got some droopy, squat eyes. He looked a hell of a lot better in Classic Flash getup. Hoping he'll get a new suit soon.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

8one6 posted:

Or something.

Barry's suit is frictionless. Savitar's suit dissipated the static charge that built up when he started getting super-fast.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Wally should get Jay’s hat.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

WhyteRyce posted:

"Girl, let it go."

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The moral of the story is that you can fix brain damage with dramatic speeches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

My notes on this episode:

Samurai was actually fun. I liked Joe being everyone's dad and hugging Caitlin.. but Caitlin still bores me. I kinda miss Julian. Also, I think Barry was experiencing every timeline at once?
"We need more diapers!" Does that mean we're getting the Tornado Twins??

Candice Patton is a treasure.

Also have a pretty spoiler: https://i.imgur.com/bLCI9wp.jpg