Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Ah, jeeze. Looks like Garber's last season. At least as a regular.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legends-tomorrow-victor-garber-exit-cw-drama-season-3-1047800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

tessiebee posted:

Yeah Amaya's multiple animal spirit schtick is new. Badass upgrade, do like it. Broken heart turned her evil maybe?
She's the one who broke up with Nate, so I think it's more like a "I'm fulfilling my destiny" sort of upgrade.

I wonder how they plan to resolve the Firestorm issue with this. If his first show is Jan 20th then he must be scheduled to leave around the mid-season break I gather.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lotus circle posted:

I wonder how they plan to resolve the Firestorm issue with this. If his first show is Jan 20th then he must be scheduled to leave around the mid-season break I gather.

Cisco will crossover and technobabble some bracelet they both wear which lets them sync across time and space using liquefied Speedforce

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
It seemed like a reasonably dumb idea for him to bring that book about how JC (which I constantly was thinking Jesus Christ the entire episode) rose and fell, and how he didn't feel when a very large book was taken from him. Otherwise it was a really enjoyable episode.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

They should get Earth 2 Harrison to replace Stein

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Cisco will crossover and technobabble some bracelet they both wear which lets them sync across time and space using liquefied Speedforce

They could bring back Robbie Amell for a bit, he's not really doing much.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

discworld is all I read posted:

It seemed like a reasonably dumb idea for him to bring that book about how JC (which I constantly was thinking Jesus Christ the entire episode) rose and fell, and how he didn't feel when a very large book was taken from him. Otherwise it was a really enjoyable episode.

It needed an extra beat. Like Nate asking Caesar to hold it really quick while he took a selfie and then simply forgetting to get it back. How it is reads more like Nate dropped it so he could take a selfie, which is dumb enough, but then Caesar weirdly has it without ever having to actually stoop down and pick it up after Nate and Sara leave.

Still, that was a good premiere.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Honestly, the only thing that took me out of the finale for a moment were all the oil tankers parked off shore of what's supposed to be Aruba. Because that's totally something happens in Aruba and not North Vancouver :v:

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

A vampire from the future oh yes :love:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
'Sometimes, we screw things up for the better" is the perfect description of the show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

I've seen people speculating online that might swap Lily in for Martin and just bullshit an explanation for how she's able to take his place as part of Firestorm. I think that'd be pretty cool, honestly. I like her as a character and she'd be a fun addition to the team full time if they went that way.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It will be Constantine.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Inkspot posted:

It needed an extra beat. Like Nate asking Caesar to hold it really quick while he took a selfie and then simply forgetting to get it back. How it is reads more like Nate dropped it so he could take a selfie, which is dumb enough, but then Caesar weirdly has it without ever having to actually stoop down and pick it up after Nate and Sara leave.

Still, that was a good premiere.

I assumed Caesar just pickpocketed it off of Nate. I know it's a realtively big book, but Nate is dumb.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Maybe the stupid time lesbian meme poo poo will stop now.

Haha, the gently caress is this poo poo?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Captain Sara Lance, Timesexual?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

BSam posted:

Haha, the gently caress is this poo poo?

They're angry that "Captain Sarah Lance: Time Lesbian!" sounds better than "Captain Sarah Lance: Time Bisexual" even though she is, in fact, a bisexual, as proven by all the male lovers she has had*.

*Who are, as of this post, all limited exclusively to men from the present. In all other times she's been strictly ladies only.**

**It's a really stupid argument either way. Bisexual erasure is a thing in media, maybe this season will do more to address the fact that she enjoys sleeping with lots of people, regardless of gender.***

*** "Time Lesbian" still sounds better though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
And still no one cares about Ray Palmer: Time Heterosexual :negative:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

8one6 posted:

They're angry that "Captain Sarah Lance: Time Lesbian!" sounds better than "Captain Sarah Lance: Time Bisexual" even though she is, in fact, a bisexual, as proven by all the male lovers she has had*.

*Who are, as of this post, all limited exclusively to men from the present. In all other times she's been strictly ladies only.**

**It's a really stupid argument either way. Bisexual erasure is a thing in media, maybe this season will do more to address the fact that she enjoys sleeping with lots of people, regardless of gender.***

To be fair, they did extremely heavily hint (as in it doesn't really count as "hinting" but more outright stating) that she slept with a male bureau agent when she got his access card thingie.

8one6
May 20, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

To be fair, they did extremely heavily hint (as in it doesn't really count as "hinting" but more outright stating) that she slept with a male bureau agent when she got his access card thingie.

Right, which took place in 2017, the present.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 12, 2017

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

8one6 posted:

I've said it before, it's not so much that she's Bi; She just has a fetish for loving Queens.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

GobiasIndustries posted:

Captain Sara Lance, Timesexual?

Captain Sara Lance: Time Fucker.

It works on multiple levels.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I love that unlike in Flash, "characters act irrationally against their own interests" is acknowledged leads to fun plots.

Also has there been a bigger signal of a character dying than "I'll be back in time to see my grandkid be born"?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

GigaPeon posted:

Also has there been a bigger signal of a character dying than "I'll be back in time to see my grandkid be born"?

Press releases saying the actor is leaving the show?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Missed in all this incredible awesomeness is Wally popping in as Flash and loving nailing it. If they go forward with Wally having the mantle all this season them I am 100% on board again.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010
Maybe being in Africa makes Amaya stronger.

Now as to why she's more ruthless? :shrug:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ither posted:

Maybe being in Africa makes Amaya stronger.

Now as to why she's more ruthless? :shrug:

Didn't Nate straight up show her news reports and photos showing she died in Zambezi at the hands of colonial soldiers who showed up and torched the place?

I think it's pretty a reasonable development fo assume that she's suddenly developed a "shoot first" reaction to people showing up at her village armed with guns because of what she knows now. She's trying to stave off the inevitable by killing it first before it kills her.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Missed in all this incredible awesomeness is Wally popping in as Flash and loving nailing it. If they go forward with Wally having the mantle all this season them I am 100% on board again.

Bad news...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

8one6 posted:

Bad news...

yeah I know :sigh:

for the briefest of moments I had hope though and it was p cool

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I love Sarah so much :swoon:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

tessiebee posted:

Yeah Amaya's multiple animal spirit schtick is new. Badass upgrade, do like it. Broken heart turned her evil maybe?

It's definitely a Vixen power in the books; maybe her connection to the totem/web of life/Red deepened since we saw her, or they decided to splurge with some of their CG budget on the season premiere

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Episode was awesome but I still can't get over how great of a pun the title of it was. "Aruba-Con" --> A Rubicon.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Moon Slayer posted:

Episode was awesome but I still can't get over how great of a pun the title of it was. "Aruba-Con" --> A Rubicon.

:aaaaa:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I didn't think they'd lean into screwing things up for the better more than they did last year but not only have they done so they literally made it their catch phrase. I'm so glad I stuck with this show for a second season.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I just wanna say that since Season 2, this is the best show. :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I didn't think they'd lean into screwing things up for the better more than they did last year but not only have they done so they literally made it their catch phrase. I'm so glad I stuck with this show for a second season.

I keep wanting to call Rip a backstabbing dick and then I realize, actually, he's right

The only issue is he's a massive hypocrite now because it's not like he was well known for keeping things tidy and stable

e: also Sarah working at ersatz Bed Bath & Beyond nearly killed me before I could get out of the first 5 minutes :lol:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Rip being such a massive dick and just thinking they'd return to normal lives is awfully convenient, but I think Rip's last scene implicitly shows that Rip knew drat well they would become a team again and he just needed a way to save face with his co-workers.

Aruba-con is some next level punning.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I just now got the Aruba con thing. Well played legends writers.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Rip being such a massive dick and just thinking they'd return to normal lives is awfully convenient, but I think Rip's last scene implicitly shows that Rip knew drat well they would become a team again and he just needed a way to save face with his co-workers.

It'll have to do until iZombie is back.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Narcissus1916 posted:

Explain the pun, it's lost on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Moon Slayer posted: