Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If taking pictures with Bullet Club will get you your release, then they're even cooler than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Bill Goldberg posted:

the cruiserweight division was created so they will never have another Daniel Bryan situation on their hands ever again
Nah it was made so they could have another original show on the Network

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The cruiserweight division was created in the interest of fair competition. it's very hard for someone under 206 pounds to combat someone over 205 pounds without an improperly balanced level of risk. it is unjustifiable

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

More people watched a replay of Summerslam in the last week than 205 Live.

Hope they're buying lots of shirts.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
the problem with a cruiserweight division in WWE is that cruiserweight in WCW meant "workhorse." People ended up kind of believing smaller guys were just always better workers.

WWE will never ever allow the style of wrestling we saw in WCW, so all we got is smaller guys who are still kinda dull.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
the wwe 2k team asked the bucks to do motion capture for 2k18 since so many people made create-a-wrestlers of them. i hope this means that those garbage games get cancelled and their development contract gets terminated.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Sounds like the Neville rumors might have been true after all. That's a real shame, I feel like 205 was on the cusp of a big swing if they stuck with the current push, but losing Neville is gonna be a big hit. Hopefully he lands on his feet in NJPW or wherever.

bartok
May 10, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

Sounds like the Neville rumors might have been true after all. That's a real shame, I feel like 205 was on the cusp of a big swing if they stuck with the current push, but losing Neville is gonna be a big hit. Hopefully he lands on his feet in NJPW or wherever.

Beating the poo poo out of Enzo and costing himself an opportunity at a rematch was the perfect time to move Neville back to the main roster. I know Jinder is garbage but one positive is that it isn't unbelievable for lower card guys to get title shots against him.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Remember when they ran that whole angle about how fatt lardy was dieting and stripping and so forth so that he too could be a cruiserweight? They should do that again. It would be a good way to get someone over

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

A few updates on the Neville-WWE situation:

*There have been reports that Neville walked out of Raw. That is incorrect. He was never on the road this past weekend as he did not work any of the live events and was not backstage, at any point, during Raw this past Monday. Mustafa Ali worked the Raw house shows, wrestling Enzo Amore, replacing Neville, who was originally slated for those shows.

*The original plan for Raw was Neville vs. Enzo Amore, but that was changed over the course of the day when someone voiced that Neville couldn't get a title shot due to the current storyline. There was talk of the match being made non-title, but then, when it became known Neville would not be at the taping, the decision was made to go with Kalisto and put the belt on him as a way to tie him to the legacy of Eddie Guerrero, as it was Guerrero's birthday and he legitimately helped inspire Kalisto to get into professional wrestling.

*According to two different sources, Neville has pushed for a release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT. We have been told there were several factors Neville was unhappy with. One source claimed a souring point was being left off of the Wrestlemania 33 DVD, which meant no royalties from what is traditionally the biggest selling WWE DVD of the year.

*Neville is still under contract to the company and has not been released. It is entirely possible the two sides will come to terms and he will return to the company, but as of right now, we are told he is not factored in any of the current plans for the Cruiserweight division or any other WWE brand and is not slated to travel to any house shows.

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/918502440135258118

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Latino Pete posted:

I’m not really a fan of the Bucks, but that’s a good tweet right there.

I'm a fan of the Bucks and that's a great tweet

Also

rovert posted:

*According to two different sources, Neville has pushed for a release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT. We have been told there were several factors Neville was unhappy with. One source claimed a souring point was being left off of the Wrestlemania 33 DVD, which meant no royalties from what is traditionally the biggest selling WWE DVD of the year.

lol that's insanely cheap/petty by wwe

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is kalisto winning the title the long rumored Good Lucha Thing? If so, congratulation go kalisto for doing a Good Lucha Thing

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jackie D posted:

lol that's insanely cheap/petty by wwe

It isn't. To my understanding, there was no space on the DVD set for those matches.

Aries/Neville was on the main card until Twitter thought having the Smackdown Women's title match on the main card would end sexism and campaigned for it to be changed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rovert posted:

Aries/Neville was on the main card until Twitter thought having the Smackdown Women's title match on the main card would end sexism and campaigned for it to be changed.

Nope.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

The cruiserweight division was created in the interest of fair competition. it's very hard for someone under 206 pounds to combat someone over 205 pounds without an improperly balanced level of risk. it is unjustifiable

Don't watch New Japan.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

rovert posted:

It isn't. To my understanding, there was no space on the DVD set for those matches.

That's a bullshit excuse by wwe If I've ever heard one.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rovert posted:

It was a 3 disc set. There was room

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Couldn't afford to lose Pitbull's 20 minutes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

James Ellsworth did a podcast interview this week where he said Carmella was the one who came up with the Carmella/Ellsworth storyline and pitched it to Vince, who loved it. So good on Carmella for knowing how to get things done and probably keeping Ellsworth employed past the AJ Styles storyline.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA put out a 4 DVD set of Jeff Jarrett's career there. WWE could have made a 7 hour show be released in its entirety, even if it needed a mysterious extra disc to do so

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

exploded mummy posted:

Don't watch New Japan.
Neville: I want to be a heavyweight need to get out of this company that has weight restrictions baked in the culture of the company
Bullet Club wearing fan: Go to NJPW!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

James Ellsworth did a podcast interview this week where he said Carmella was the one who came up with the Carmella/Ellsworth storyline and pitched it to Vince, who loved it. So good on Carmella for knowing how to get things done and probably keeping Ellsworth employed past the AJ Styles storyline.

I heard "Ellsworth is getting a girl" then the segment on Smackdown got delayed/cancelled (as things can like the Fashion Files can) for like 2 weeks. Spent all that time thinking it would be Becky Lynch.

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 12, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Of course Vince would approve a BDSM angle

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Idk maybe they should try not having Wrestlemania be 7 hours long.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

rovert posted:

Horseshit.

Like, I don't doubt you were told that. But you were told horseshit.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

I heard "Ellsworth is getting a girl" then the segment on Smackdown got delayed/cancelled (as things can like the Fashion Files can) for like 2 weeks. Spent all that time thinking it would be Becky Lynch.

As much as Ellsworth and Carmella worked out well, I would have enjoyed a Steampunk Ellsworth

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

Neville: I want to be a heavyweight need to get out of this company that has weight restrictions baked in the culture of the company
Bullet Club wearing fan: Go to NJPW!

Where they at least treat their Juniors as a big deal that's on par with the heavyweights, instead of a smallguy sideshow that can be ignored.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Two Beans posted:

Where they at least treat their Juniors as a big deal that's on par with the heavyweights,

No they don't.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

If only WWE released the PPVs on a higher capacity disc, and you could have many discs in a package.

Alas, this doesn't exist, so suck it Neville.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lol imagine buying a DVD in 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/918471715994382336

https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/918473501383778310

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Aries may be a dick but he's not wrong in that second tweet

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wait wrestlers still aren't being paid for streams on the Network, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

keevo posted:

Probably never will be and there's no reason that wasn't part of the thinking in starting up the Network when they had a more profitable PPV business.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

No they don't.

They don't get treated the same but the juniors are treated way better then the 205 guys.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Can't be on the pre-show if there is no pre-show. :smug:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

keevo posted:

Didn't they only start paying royalties in the first place because of the Jesse Ventura lawsuit?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

No they don't.

Does the Junior Heavyweight division not have its own tag titles in addition to a singles title?

Do heavyweights regularly clown on the juniors?

Do junior matches get bumped off the main card, do they get truncated to 5 minute match times?

Are juniors not given special entrances for their matches?

Are Junior Heavyweight Champions chumped on pay per views by wedding DJs with funny hair, then written off because "creative has nothing for them"?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Two Beans posted:

Does the Junior Heavyweight division not have its own tag titles in addition to a singles title?

Do heavyweights regularly clown on the juniors?

Do junior matches get bumped off the main card, do they get truncated to 5 minute match times?

Are juniors not given special entrances for their matches?

Are Junior Heavyweight Champions chumped on pay per views by wedding DJs with funny hair, then written off because "creative has nothing for them"?

Do the junior heavyweights main event major shows?

Do top juniors make as much as top heavyweights?

Given how rushed junior tag title matches are the answer to the third question is yes, they do. Or they put the winners of a tournament into a four way because there is no room for a regular junior heavyweight tag title match on the card.

When the top junior faces the top heavyweight do they lose 95% of the time?

They are not treated as poorly as in WWE but they are not on par with the heavyweights and historically have not been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Heres an idea

Wrestling is fake and weight and gender shouldn't matter because it's all dumb video game fights anyways

• Locked thread