Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

DrNutt posted:

Weird. I definitely ran in to a couple, but it was like 2 in over three hours of playtime, didn't seem terribly widespread.

4 out of 5 then I peaced out, but then again it didn't affect me too much, I died to them a lot but I got most everyone else roaming around looking for the scraps the botters didn't pick up, which ironically made them easy pickings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Why do i feel like playing Day of Defeat Source instead?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fargin Icehole posted:

Why do i feel like playing Day of Defeat Source instead?

More mature aimbot software? :haw:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I had a blast playing this on PS4, and Macys admitted the netcode was pretty good, so that's a big plus for it. I'll be shotgun whoring on day one, see you all in a month!

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Xenaero posted:

4 out of 5 then I peaced out, but then again it didn't affect me too much, I died to them a lot but I got most everyone else roaming around looking for the scraps the botters didn't pick up, which ironically made them easy pickings.

Pretty much the same experience I had with the beta. There were 2 or 3 aimbotters/wallhackers in some games and it just became a challenge of waiting for one aim bot to kill the other then rush the point/objective. Having Activision and Sledgehammer not say anything about resolving this was pretty laughable when Reddit blew up with videos of cheating going on. Back to BF1 again.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

[quote="“Whiskey A Go Go!”" post="“476975089”"]
Pretty much the same experience I had with the beta. There were 2 or 3 aimbotters/wallhackers in some games and it just became a challenge of waiting for one aim bot to kill the other then rush the point/objective. Having Activision and Sledgehammer not say anything about resolving this was pretty laughable when Reddit blew up with videos of cheating going on. Back to BF1 again.
[/quote]

I'm sure SH has a plan for hackers in the full release. They have a lot of feedback from the beta.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Aimbots already rampant on PC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkC55fU1m38

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Oh no not the PC version of the newest Call of Duty... this is going to ruin this game for dozens of people! Maybe even a hundred!

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Holy poo poo, mushmouth and he doesn't stop talking at all the entire video.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh no not the PC version of the newest Call of Duty... this is going to ruin this game for dozens of people! Maybe even a hundred!

I forget that people even still play CoD on PC since the eSports spectacle is always based off the consoles.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
PC gamers only care about stuff like PlayerUnknown's and CSGO and DOTA 2 because even CoD isn't enough AIDS analsauce for their taste.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

bear is driving! posted:

the eSports spectacle is always based off the consoles.

lol

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

WW2 really is running on 60 Hz servers! The damage and gunfire lag has been updated to 2017 standards, but the movement delay is worse than IW which explains a whole lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9iRFkGhze8

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Stu I love your ops, as always.

I'm wondering whether to get this on pc this time around. I had a surprisingly good time during the beta and I think tdm will be populated enough until the end of its lifecycle.

Depends how many goons on PS4 will get it. I'm also thinking going xboner to play with another bud. I might go there if not too many ps4 gooners get it this year.

I know i should get it on all three :downs:

edit: Yeah, I got it on a amazon e3 pre-order deal, 50$ instead of the regular 80$ canadian. At worst I can trade it in or sell it for 60$

Bonby fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 8, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I preordered it for PS4, so I'll at least give it a shot. Made sure to get a physical copy so I can at least turn it in for store credit at worst.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Godzilla07 posted:

WW2 really is running on 60 Hz servers! The damage and gunfire lag has been updated to 2017 standards, but the movement delay is worse than IW which explains a whole lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9iRFkGhze8

Sounds more like steps to the side instead of the whole "Step forward, step back" thing.

Also I'm humored that Chris' workaround for getting that program to work with the beta was to rename the program.

Let's see where it goes, then. As always.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

As they say, ow the edge

I dunno why, but that comes off as like... tryhard edgelording to me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

As they say, ow the edge

Aside from the last sentence in that description, it may as well be describing Killing Floor 2. Ho hum.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Aside from the last sentence in that description, it may as well be describing Killing Floor 2. Ho hum.

Yeah, it's like...

Do we want to see THE HORRORS OF THE NAZI REGIME and SAVAGE REALISM

or do we just wanna take a double barrel to some mutilated freaks and possibly a Nazi doctor

:thunk:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Uh, yes? To both?

Seriously though, this is arguably the only sentence that significantly differentiates them:

quote:

“This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of an American soldier through the Allied campaign in Europe during WWII. Players use machine guns, shotguns, rocket launchers, and explosives to kill enemy soldiers; some weapon attacks result in decapitation and/or dismemberment, leaving bloodstains and body parts on the ground. Battles are frenetic and accompanied by realistic gunfire, screams of pain, and large explosions. Cutscenes also depict instances of violence: a prisoner shot in the head at close-range; enemy soldiers shooting themselves to avoid capture.”

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 9, 2017

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Only 3 more weeks fellas, who here is excited like me :buddy:

oh :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Less than 3 weeks, actually!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4xW9aCg2zY

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I feel like I'll pick this up? I don't think Titanfall 2's playerbase will be able to survive WW2 and Battlefront 2 releasing. Battlefront 2 isn't good enough for me to overlook the P2W loot boxes. And Destiny 2's PvP is appalling.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

What, you don’t like being crushed by parties every game?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

I feel like I'll pick this up? I don't think Titanfall 2's playerbase will be able to survive WW2 and Battlefront 2 releasing. Battlefront 2 isn't good enough for me to overlook the P2W loot boxes. And Destiny 2's PvP is appalling.

Yeah, I was considering SWBF2, but the gambling and utter lack of info about the single player have turned me right off.

The campaign will probably just be lovely, disconnected vignettes like Battlefield 1's.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

widespread posted:

As they say, ow the edge

They really aren't joking, I was not kidding about running through rooms full of screaming, writhing bodies, sometimes missing arms or legs from the incendiary shotgun blasts. It's loving brutal, I stopped in my tracks a few times to just look around like "holy poo poo this is from the last gunbattle that happened here and not just some props"

I preordered it for PC, I'm pretty stoked. If I get 3 weeks out of it that'll be solid

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I am because I feel like I've more or less exhausted Destiny 2's offerings and I'm not playing anything else right now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I am because I feel like I've more or less exhausted Destiny 2's offerings and I'm not playing anything else right now.

Wow, half the time of The Division. :eyepop:

(I'm not surprised all the doomsayers on YouTube were right)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Facetious posted:

Wow, half the time of The Division. :eyepop:

(I'm not surprised all the doomsayers on YouTube were right)
I mean I spent close to 100 hours in it, but the PvP isn't really giving me any new gear anymore and my power level has basically plateaued, so I don't see a reason to do it anymore.

I'll probably play through it again with a new character in a different class one day, but for now I'm kinda burnt out on it and waiting for CoD to be my new timesink.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I mean I spent close to 100 hours in it, but the PvP isn't really giving me any new gear anymore and my power level has basically plateaued, so I don't see a reason to do it anymore.

I'll probably play through it again with a new character in a different class one day, but for now I'm kinda burnt out on it and waiting for CoD to be my new timesink.
If you want to break your plateau, just play every Tuesday at reset and do the stuff that gets you luminous engrams like the flashpoint/crucible stuff. Now it only takes 4-5 crucible matches instead of 10, and doing public events is pretty easy since everyone wants their shinies. You can play for an hour or so and get them. I got stuck at around 276 for awhile but now I'm tipping 300 and I don't poopsock for hours.

Still don't think I'm doing the new CoD. It was just too meh in the beta. If it turns out we have enough for full parties most of the time and y'all are enjoying the gameplay I'll pick it up.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mill Village posted:

What, you don’t like being crushed by parties every game?

When I solo queue in CoD or Titanfall, my team can get stomped but I can still do well. I can't do that in D2.

D2 is such a restrictive game. You can't go anywhere without a battle buddy. You can't use your spaceman jumps in gunfights because Bungie didn't believe players could handle the Z-axis. You can't make plays without a super or power weapon up. And Bungie intentionally designed it like this.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
I've had enough fun with the jetpacks and robots of the last couple years. It's time to get back in the mud and shoot Nazis like we did a decade ago.

This time around I don't have to pay a homeless man to buy my alcohol before I gather the bros up to play some WW2 duty.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

When I solo queue in CoD or Titanfall, my team can get stomped but I can still do well. I can't do that in D2.

D2 is such a restrictive game. You can't go anywhere without a battle buddy. You can't use your spaceman jumps in gunfights because Bungie didn't believe players could handle the Z-axis. You can't make plays without a super or power weapon up. And Bungie intentionally designed it like this.

I dunno, my brother is pretty good at it, and he only solo plays Halo/Destiny games. He does quite well, win or lose.
He may not be able to carry a team of poo poo to victory, but then, not many can.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Should we do a list on which platform goons are getting it or is it useless this year.

Then again this could be used against us if the game turns up to be the worst cod.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Should we do a list on which platform goons are getting it or is it useless this year.

Then again this could be used against us if the game turns up to be the worst cod.

I already bought CoD 3 and WaW. I'm lucky I'm not in Gitmo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

I'm lucky I'm not in Gitmo.

I now understand why they gifted you IW.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I now understand why they gifted you IW.

To keep me out, or to make sure I have no defense when they lock me in? :confused:

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I will buy it after it comes out from someone on offerup when I see goons playing it probs

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Watched the getting your squad back together commercial and it actually made me a little sad. RIP juicen

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

DrNutt posted:

Watched the getting your squad back together commercial and it actually made me a little sad. RIP juicen

Wow, rip indeed. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEtVoVAF1Uw

here's something COD w@w 2 related that I'm definitely not going to edit into the :words: extinction guide when this thread hits the next page.

quote:

Another leak has been posted to Reddit recently with details on the Basic Training, some of the features inside Headquarters, MP modes, and first details on Ranked Play. We do caution that all of these leaks are from WWII PC Beta files and could be wrong or subject to change before launch.

Basic Training:

There are 37 total basic training selections available in Call of Duty: WWII.

Hustle: Reload faster and while sprinting
Gunslinger: Fire guns while sprinting and diving.
Energetic: Sprint again sooner, and no damage from falling.
Inconspicuous
Scoped
Duelist: Take two attachments on Secondary Weapon.
Rifleman: Take two Primary Weapons, and swap weapons faster.
Primed
Forage: Resupply bullets from killed enemies, and swap weapons faster.
Ordnance: Cheaper scorestreaks, and ability to re-roll your own Care Packages.
Requisitions: Scorestreaks do not reset on death, but cost more and can only be earned once.
Serrated
Concussed: Take a British N° 69 as a Tactical and an extra piece of Lethal equipment.
Hunker
Launched: Take Launcher as Secondary, and resupply it from enemies killed without explosives.
Bang: Take an extra Tactical and a Mk 2 Fragmentation as a Lethal.
Undercover
Lookout: Enemy targets appear from further away, and increased mini-map coverage.
Instincts: Warning when targeted off-screen, and detect enemy explosive equipment.
Espionage: Enemy Scorestreaks and enemies you damage appear on mini-map.
Cartographer: Radar ping at the start of each life that reveals nearby enemies. Sprint for longer distances.
?: Hidden from player-controlled Streaks.
Encampment: Bouncing Betty as Lethal Equipment. Choice of Tactical Equipment.
Flanker: Delays enemy pressure-triggered explosives (like Bouncing Betties).
Klutz: Increased explosive weapons damage. Take less explosive damage.
Knockout: Increased melee damage (always a one-hit kill). Melee faster.
Loaded: Extra magazines. Reload weapons faster.
Gassed: Two Tabun Gas grenades as Tactical Equipment. Choice of Lethal Equipment.:
Grenadier: Extra piece of equipment.
Raze: Deeper bullet penetration. Increased fire rate of bullet weapons.
Resolve: Longer breath hold for steady sniper shots.
Retaliate: When damaged, move and aim down sights significantly faster. Slower health regeneration.
Saboteur: Capture objectives faster. Build walls and MGs faster in War. Assists gives same score/XP as kills.
Shaker: Swap weapons faster.
Smoked: Extra piece of Lethal Equipment. M18 Smoke Grenade as a Tactical Equipment.
Steady: Immune to Shell Shock and tactical equipment. Sprint for longer distances.
Versatile: Increased hip-fire accuracy. Move faster while aiming down sights.
Headquarters Feature:

Emblem Editor

Customize your emblem, share it with others, and view your friends’ emblems
Create / Edit Emblem
Upload Emblem
Browse Emblems
Leaderboards

Career Leaderboard
Top Clans in Hub
CoD World League Standings
Domination Leaderboard
Top Players in Hub
Ranked Leaderboard
Scorestreak Leaderboard
Social Score Leaderboard
Top 1v1 Player Emblem
Top Career Player Emblem
Top Social Score Player Emblem
Top TDM Player Emblem
Top War Player Emblem
Top Zombies Player Emblem
War Leaderboard
Zombies Leaderboard
Parties

&&1 declined your party invite
&&1 has been reported
&&1 is currently busy
&&1 sent you a party invite. Do you want to join?
Request to Join Party Sent
The party host has entered a lobby
Request to join player’s party
Look for Party
Boards

Social Media
Message of the day
Theater

Thanks for watching CoD eSports!
Zombies

Switching to Nazi Zombies will remove you from any active lobbies and your current Headquarters session. Your party will migrate with you. Continue?
Zombies Officer
Fight back waves of the undead! Gather some friends and jump in!
Browse Loot
Zombie Combat Record
1v1

Do you want to enter the 1v1 arena?
&&1 – VS – &&2 in the 1v1 arena
Hold [{+reload}] To Queue up for 1v1
Join the queue and be ready to enter the pit when you’re at the top of the list
Don’t think you have what it takes? Go home and be a family man
Challenge player to a 1v1 match
You are number &&1 in the queue
&&1 tied with &&2 in a 1v1 match
&&1 beat &&2 in a 1v1 match
Get a better view of the action in the current 1v1 match
Participate in a 1v1 on the Beach
Prove yourself in the pit. 60 seconds, 3 lives. Winner stays.
Skeet Shooting

Successfully shot a flying plate
Hold [{+reload}] to fire plate
Shootouts

SHOOT TARGETS TO SCORE POINTS
&&1 challenges you to a shootout! Do you want to accept the challenge?
Challenge player to a shootout
AA Defense

&&1 Planes Escaped
Enemy Planes Incoming! Get to an AA gun.
All Attacking Planes Destroyed
Scorestreak Training

View Scorestreak Stats & Challenges
Going to scorestreak training will force you to leave any lobbies or private parties you’re in. Continue?
Boxing

Invite player to box
Boxing Match Invite Sent
Supply Drops

Call in a Supply Drop
Cannot place supply drop here!
You received a locked supply drop – HUB_LOCKED_SUPPLY_DROP_CHALLENGE
Press [{+usereload}] to open another crate, or [{+stance}] to exit
Press [{+usereload}] to reveal item
&&1 is opening a supply drop!
&&1 just received an epic item!
You received a supply drop. Visit HUB to open
Duels

&&1 challenges you to a duel! Do you want to accept the challenge?
Press [{+gostand}] to Continue or [{+stance}] to Quit
Holding [{+usereload}] will forfeit
Feed Messages

&&1 throws a few punches
&&1 cheers excitedly
&&1 celebrates
&&1 salutes
&&1 makes a threatening gesture
&&1 is number one!
&&1 waves
&&1 has reached Prestige &&2
You Commended &&1
MP Game Modes:

We want to caution here that some modes listed below could just be internal testing and never released to the public. This is just the full list of what modes are currently inside the code files of Call of Duty: WWII PC Beta.

Control
Search & Destroy
Search & Rescue
Demolition
Capture the Flag
Kill Confirmed
Gun Game
Infected
Hardpoint
Gridiron
Aces
Air
Lockdown: Capture and hold more designated positions than the enemy to gain points.
Blades: No guns at this knife fight. Throwing knifes and combat knifes only.
1v1: A Cage Match to the death in two flavors. Classic: A gun with two attachments and no perks, equipment or scorestreaks. Party: A sampling of classic COD party modes.
Ranked Play:

Playlist Details:

unlockxp 0
maxparty 4
nojoinonpresence
set party_matchedplayercount 8
Map and Gamemode Set (expect this to change):

Ardennes Forest Search & Destroy
Ardennes Forest Capture the Flag
Ardennes Forest Hardpoint
Gibraltar Search & Destroy
Gibraltar Hardpoint
Sainte Marie du Mont Search & Destroy
Sainte Marie du Mont Capture the Flag
Sainte Marie du Mont Hardpoint
Flak Tower Capture the Flag
Skill Rating:

Whilst in a Ranked Play pre-game lobby, players on each team will be given one of 3 strings below, based on the teams’ Skill Ratings.

EVEN MATCHUP
FAVORED MATCHUP
UNFAVORED MATCHUP
Here we see what can be inferred to be a Skill Rating system similar to Overwatch’s MMR System. No information can be given on this as it is calculated server-side.

end_mmr_min
end_mmr_max
end_mmr_current
Here we see a punishment system, temporarily banning players from Ranked Play for abandonment (leaving early).

LUA_MENU_RANKEDPLAY_LOCKED_MESSAGE
LUA_MENU_RANKEDPLAY_MEMBER_LOCKED_MESSAGE
ranked_abandon_strikes_count
Supply Drops:

In addition, many of the different bribes which could be released have been found in the game files. There are also different types of Supply Drops to earn and unlock.

Bribes

Airborne Camo Bribe
Armored Camo Bribe
Cavalry Camo Bribe
Infantry Camo Bribe
Mountain Camo Bribe
Airborne Emote Bribe
Armored Emote Bribe
Cavalry Emote Bribe
Infantry Emote Bribe
Mountain Emote Bribe
Airborne Title Card Bribe
Armored Title Card Bribe
Cavalry Title Card Bribe
Infantry Title Card Bribe
Mountain Title Card Bribe
Airborne Uniform Bribe
Armored Uniform Bribe
Cavalry Uniform Bribe
Infantry Uniform Bribe
Mountain Uniform Bribe
Airborne Weapon Bribe
Armored Weapon Bribe
Cavalry Weapon Bribe
Infantry Weapon Bribe
Mountain Weapon Bribe
Heroic Bribe
Supply Drops

Supply Drop
Armory Supply Drop
Rare Armory Supply Drop
Locked Supply Drops
Rare Supply Drops
Supply Drops
SUPPLY DROP PROGRESS
Raid Supply Drops
Rare Raid Supply Drops
Zombie Supply Drops
Rare Zombie Supply Drops
Support Drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

That is a lotta bribes. :stare:

But thankfully we can stockpile them once weapons enter the drops.

• Locked thread