Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Hey. HEY. Will somebody in this thread smoke a joint already?

So I'm smokin' a J with the WHM thread,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hear if you see them in LA the entire pit is just white guys with dreds passing joints

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I wanted to see their LA show this year, but man I don't want to have to do Podfest for it. Last year's shows at the Improv were awesome, though.

Solidkgb
Apr 11, 2015

My favorite episode is the Brainscan (1994) episode. The Trickster dialogue with "Jeremy" is solid gold.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I always look forward to the Spooktacular, but some of my favorite episodes they've done on horror movies have been done at other times of the year.

Like The Butterfly Effect, Halloween III and Dracula 2000. I love grabbing them to re-listen to with the old Spooktacular episodes during September and October. :spooky:

Makes me want to call in a lovely horror movie for the next Listener Request Month. I'm thinking of suggesting My Soul to Take. Why cast the great Raul Esparza as the killer and then kill him off in the first fifteen minutes?

Speaking of blunts, let's light up and write another extreme script like The Butterfly Effect, man!

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
Chiming in on the horse voice love.

I watched The Butterfly Effect on a plane recently, and it is exactly as stupid as the WHM guys say it is.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ZakAce posted:

I watched The Butterfly Effect on a plane recently, and it is exactly as stupid as the WHM guys say it is.

It's wretched but when you're like 18 it's some deep poo poo.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SilentChaz posted:

I always look forward to the Spooktacular, but some of my favorite episodes they've done on horror movies have been done at other times of the year.

Like The Butterfly Effect, Halloween III and Dracula 2000. I love grabbing them to re-listen to with the old Spooktacular episodes during September and October. :spooky:

Makes me want to call in a lovely horror movie for the next Listener Request Month. I'm thinking of suggesting My Soul to Take. Why cast the great Raul Esparza as the killer and then kill him off in the first fifteen minutes?

Speaking of blunts, let's light up and write another extreme script like The Butterfly Effect, man!

Huh! Would you consider Butterfly Effect a horror movie? It's certainly horrifying, but that never occurred to me before. The main thing to me was always how hashtag deep it was trying to be.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I have never seen The Butterfly Effect and I'm fine, thanks. You can keep it.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I couldn't make it through Dr Giggles - I think the last time I couldn't make it through a movie for an episode was Letter from Death Row. It's just too dull.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Huh! Would you consider Butterfly Effect a horror movie? It's certainly horrifying, but that never occurred to me before. The main thing to me was always how hashtag deep it was trying to be.

I considered Butterfly Effect a horror movie because I remember it getting coverage in the pages of Fangoria when it was released. :v:

Duckula posted:

I couldn't make it through Dr Giggles - I think the last time I couldn't make it through a movie for an episode was Letter from Death Row. It's just too dull.

Did you make it to the flashback where we see how the young Dr. Giggles escaped the police by hiding in the body of his dead mother?

That's probably the only thing I remember Dr. Giggles for.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

When The Butterfly Effect came out a guy at my high school was insistent that scenes involving the child actor playing young Ashton Kutcher was actually footage that they'd shot when Kutcher was a kid and then they waited until he was an adult to finish the movie.

As far as I know he was never convinced otherwise and I hope he still believes it to this day.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

BigglesSWE posted:

The Hot to Trot episode, and th Nick Nolte bits in particular, literally made me cry from laughter.

God drat it I can even open my trailer door because all of these loving dead horses. I don't give a gently caress I'll kill ten horses just to get to craft services.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I've nominated Dr. Giggles twice for listener request month, so I was happy to see them pick it. I wouldn't say it was boring, but it was an off episode I thought. They still haven't had a bad episode, so whatever. We're all entitled to a C+ now and again.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

"Eric's watching Sleepless in Seattle. He's like, 'Alright, who's loving the bodies?'" is my favourite quote in awhile.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

They're doing Scream 2 next. I don't recall it being that bad? I loved it when I was a teenager anyway.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Same, I thought Scream 3 or 4 was where they got bad

E: wait no, I think 4 is the one that's "good again", so 2 and 3 must be the bad ones

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

precision posted:

E: wait no, I think 4 is the one that's "good again", so 2 and 3 must be the bad ones

3 is the really bad one. 2 and 4 are both okayish.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
They always talk about 2 with Jamie Kennedy's death

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

3 is when the franchise jumped the shark for me.

A giant, Jay & Silent Bob shaped shark.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Scream 2 is bad because it introduces an in universe version of scream called "stab"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Scream 3 is really bad. Scream 2 is just normal pointless sequel bad.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Aunt Jackie does choke slam Jamie Kennedy in it though, albeit in costume. Even if it makes no sense, that's still a net positive.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I saw Scream 2 opening night and the people in that theater acted like they were in the theater from Scream 2

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

precision posted:

Aunt Jackie as the killer is kinda weird

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Where can I contribute to the crowdfunding for Blame it on Rio 2: Thank God for Giggles?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
DEE VEE DEE

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

*explosions and morning zoo lasers*

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

*explosions and morning zoo lasers*

J-j-j-jetski

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J9PFf1HIsi9qBZC/200w.gif[

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Is that Chris Cabin?

Where's my Smoke A loving Joint .gif

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

precision posted:

Is that Chris Cabin?

Where's my Smoke A loving Joint .gif

Stephen Sajdak.

This is Chris Cabin.

This is Andrew Jupin.

And this is Eric Szyszka.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Where are all these? Also is there a "so he's dead..."

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://giphy.com/wehatemovies

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This is beautiful.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Because of course you want to know...

Eric Movie
THE WORLD RENOWNED SCRIPT DOCTOR

Frank Welker
The guy is in everything

The Mailman?
Probably Secundus

Tips on how
to do things as fast as
sandwichingly possible (I dunno about that one)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Hockles posted:

sandwichingly possible (I dunno about that one)
[/spoiler]

Sandwichingly possible: the we hate movies thread

Some of the gifs look like the late 90s-early 2000s Disney Channel bumpers. I think I might call and request Smart House for viewer request month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

teen witch posted:

Sandwichingly possible: the we hate movies thread

Some of the gifs look like the late 90s-early 2000s Disney Channel bumpers. I think I might call and request Smart House for viewer request month.

Smart House would be an amazing episode.

I might call in with that as well.