Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I was looking back to see if maybe PMush was killed because scum suspected her of breadcrumbing something?

It would be hidden amongst the early shitposts I think. I'm not seeing anything though, other than pog being pgo but there isn't a pgo in this game so :iiam: None of those make me go "yes this person was breadcrumbing jailer/backup/cop/doc/tracker"

Yeah pretty sure none of that was a breadcrumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
between tobbs and qpq i think you can probably guess where i come down. tobbs had a good response to my earlier point too. i'm not super gung-ho to dunk qpq here though, it's not too hard to imagine that being a town/town discussion.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (1): QuoProQuid
QuoProQuid (1): Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (5): Asiina, flerp, Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan, Somberbrero

With 7 people left in the Room, it takes 4 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 12th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 12 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 2

With 7 people left in the Room, it takes 4 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 12th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 12 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Im going to be driving for the next few hours but Im going to be here on and off

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 2

With 7 people left in the Room, it takes 4 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 12th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 6 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Out of the two with votes Id prefer Quid at this point

However I feel like ##vote Jamuraan is the best vote today

He made a point of looking super active yesterday but I dont like how he settled on Somber and then today hes not done anything

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok lets loving solve this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

ok lets loving solve this

Yeah!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
asiina and jam have both neither posted. theres prob a lurky scum among us. its hard for scum
to post because they know a hell of a lot than us and its hard for them to post genuine confusion when they know the alignment of every flip.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok wait im wrong asiina posted at the beginning of the day but posted "ill look into it tomorrow but then no follow up"

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

asiina and jam have both neither posted. theres prob a lurky scum among us. its hard for scum
to post because they know a hell of a lot than us and its hard for them to post genuine confusion when they know the alignment of every flip.

Agree with this, though Asiina has at least checked in. Jamuraan hasn't posted the whole day. I really didn't like QPQ's case on me and expected him to either defend his initial assertions or recant them. I like QPQ most for scum because of this, though it's almost worse to not post at all (in the case of Jam).

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote asiina something about asiina has been bugging me this game but i haven't had a good reason to go on so this works.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Didn't we just play a game with Jam where he said he lurks because it tends not to bite him in the rear end? He was scum that game I think.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i also get a faux confidence from jam d1 but no votes. and for somebody who was willing to call out people for a lot of things d1 he slips away and hides d2. now that the shitpost phase has ended he doesnt seem to be able to post for some reason.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Didn't we just play a game with Jam where he said he lurks because it tends not to bite him in the rear end? He was scum that game I think.

yeah i was getting that meta read as well. town should be more than willing to post

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jamuraan posted:

I don't like Sombers post even a little bit.
Scum found, just waiting to find the teammate.

Jamuraan posted:

In my opinion, Somber came out of nowhere with that post, and then put someone to -2 (and the obvious frontrunner for a quick lynch train).

I find it incredibly opportunistic and also the lack of mention that it put QPQ at -2.

2 posts defending QPQ, who is looking scummy to me today.

Jamuraan posted:

##vote Somberbrero

Jamuraan posted:

Then it's probably one or the other. Choose wisely.

Gets Somber on the ballot, QPQ off of it, and is perfectly happy with either Somber or gif.

In a flipless game there's nothing wrong with a hard defense. But why defend another player so hard, especially when their play is scummy? That and Jam not posting at all today makes me think he and QPQ might be on a team together.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
alright, alright you convinced me ##vote jamuraan

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I hadn't had time to go back and check the thread today and nobody was posting anything before an hour or so ago so this kinda fell off my radar with the very busy day I've been having.

I made about 20 phone calls and sent 50 emails out today trying to get participants in my study so I'm pretty exhausted. I also have no idea if teachers are more likely to call me back during the day or in the evening or just after school (which is now) or what.

I will try to re-read now though unless I get interrupted and will definitely be around for the evening deadline.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm comfortable with Jamuraan, but I definitely don't want an early hammer so I'm gonna hold off until the evening in case he comes in and posts something.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I read back through the exchange and QPQ completely left this post out, which is the one where Tobbs shares most of his opinions:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Nothing tells anyone anything about alignment except dying.

Maybe we'll get lucky and end the game before LYLO, but if not everyone needs to get opinions out there.

Hell, if there are three players alive and the game isn't over all we know is that one of the lynches hit scum and all the kills hit town.

I like somber, jam, and flerp for town. I feel like Hal and Asiina need to engage more though that seems to be happening as we approach deadline.

Somber's case is a little bit of a stretch but QPQ hasn't done too much to address it.

I don't know what this is, though. gif probst seems to still have a jokevote on QPQ, and the only players who know for sure who is town and who isn't are scum (even though I think somber is in fact playing his town game).

I get the feeling that PMush is pushing me to deflect off a scumbro, but honestly that's just my gut.

I think ##vote gif probst is the best vote for today.

Instead he paints it as Tobbs has a sudden flip in his reasoning with Hal, which I don't read at all, and then is mafia-dadding which is only scummy when that's the only thing someone is doing instead of providing actual reads. Saying "hey small games/flipless games kinda lead to weird dynamics" is not a scummy thing as long as you are providing reads alongside it.

This feels like a manufactured case to me. Also as a secondary point, I think Probst was scum and QPQ jumping on the bandwagon late feels suspicious to me. That's definitely not my main reason for voting him, but it's still a reason.

##vote QPQ

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't really have anything to say about Jam. He came in very strong which I don't necessarily see as scummy because jumpstarting a game is a skill I always appreciate and I lack. The fact that he hasn't posted at all today is definitely bad and I would vote him for it, but that feels like a real shot in the dark.

I'd rather keep my vote on QPQ since I think there's an actual case there.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

So I read back through the exchange and QPQ completely left this post out, which is the one where Tobbs shares most of his opinions:

Instead he paints it as Tobbs has a sudden flip in his reasoning with Hal, which I don't read at all, and then is mafia-dadding which is only scummy when that's the only thing someone is doing instead of providing actual reads. Saying "hey small games/flipless games kinda lead to weird dynamics" is not a scummy thing as long as you are providing reads alongside it.

This feels like a manufactured case to me. Also as a secondary point, I think Probst was scum and QPQ jumping on the bandwagon late feels suspicious to me. That's definitely not my main reason for voting him, but it's still a reason.

##vote QPQ

I don't know about QPQ bandwagoning being scummy, in a flipless game there is no such thing as town cred. If you're right and we lynch QPQ and the game ends though I'll feel pretty damned good about myself.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
As for everyone else, I feel pretty good about flerp and Tobbs from their posting and casing.

Somber's VT and lack of game knowledge meltdown thing felt very town for me. He kinda gives me the gut rumbles now, so I'm not feeling as strongly as I did about it yesterday, but still leaning town.

Hal is...Hal. I read through all of his posts and he seems to go back and forth on QPQ a lot which could be scummy but that would mostly depend on QPQ's alignment since it reads like light busing maybe but otherwise nothing is really standing out.

I think the scum are among QPQ, Jam, and the dead gif.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't know about QPQ bandwagoning being scummy, in a flipless game there is no such thing as town cred. If you're right and we lynch QPQ and the game ends though I'll feel pretty damned good about myself.

Yeah, that's fair. I guess to prevent a no lynch? I'd have to look and see where his vote was before and when it moved.

It's not really the main reason I'm voting him though.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Yeah, that's fair. I guess to prevent a no lynch? I'd have to look and see where his vote was before and when it moved.

It's not really the main reason I'm voting him though.

Ok that makes sense. No-lynching in a flipless game would be a terrible idea so if someone refused to vote it would look extremely scummy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I really want Jam to post before hammer but Im definitely good with him or QPQ

Jam came in strong in the sense that her posted a lot but the vast majority was fluff

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
sorry guys, got really F'd up last night and I've been nursing a hangover all day.

I'm vanilla town

let me get caught up and I'll at least post my thoughts before you hammer me

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Out of the two with votes Id prefer Quid at this point

However I feel like ##vote Jamuraan is the best vote today

He made a point of looking super active yesterday but I dont like how he settled on Somber and then today hes not done anything

You did nothing day 1 and you've done nothing this day either, but sure, pick on someone who hasn't posted today.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I was Serial Killer, but I never lurk because I'm afraid of coming across as scummy.

I lurk because either I don't have time to read the thread, or I can't get my head into it and I'm afraid of hurting the town with my bad opinions.

Basically, my lurking is a null-tell.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

flerp posted:

i also get a faux confidence from jam d1 but no votes. and for somebody who was willing to call out people for a lot of things d1 he slips away and hides d2. now that the shitpost phase has ended he doesnt seem to be able to post for some reason.

I voted D1

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I actually haven't been Mafia in years on SA, and this game is nothing different.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

I actually haven't been Mafia in years on SA, and this game is nothing different.

Basically, no one here has seen my "scum" game ever.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They're referencing this from the discussion thread:

Jamuraan posted:

I've lurked through games not because I was afraid of being scummy but because I could and I knew it wouldn't get penalized for it. Last game I had maybe the lowest post count and also lived the longest so.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Jamuraan posted:

I voted D1

yeah my b on that one, i meant w/ the callout on one of my posts and somebody else's. i mean there's a lot of posts saying "this person is scummy" but no other follow ups.

Jamuraan posted:

Actual scum post, trying too hard to fit in

Jamuraan posted:

Deflection is not townie, you should give your genuine scumfeels.

Jamuraan posted:

Is this your scum game?

Jamuraan posted:

I don't like Sombers post even a little bit.
Scum found, just waiting to find the teammate.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

You did nothing day 1 and you've done nothing this day either, but sure, pick on someone who hasn't posted today.

Thats completely untrue

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So Jam, are you actually going to post your thoughts?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 2

Jamuraan (2): Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero
QuoProQuid (2): Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina
Asiina (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (2): flerp, Jamuraan

With 7 people left in the Room, it takes 4 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 12th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 1 hour, 30 minutes.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

if i was intentionally trying to mislead the town, i probably would have made the effort not to make a case that was so easily falsifiable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
feeling p bad about qpq, comes in p hard beginning of the day, pressure goes their way, and then quiet

but i mean people have been quiet this day a lot so idk

• Locked thread