Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I have been eating Lean Cuisine for the longest time. I experimented with all different kinds of products like this and settled on a few different kinds of Lean Cuisine quite a while ago, and have been eating them ever since. I've tried them all and I only buy about the five kinds I like the best.

Within the last couple years or so they stopped carrying two of the kinds that I routinely buy where I live in West Michigan. Because pretty much every single grocery store around here gets their products from the same single distributer, if the distributor stops carrying something, then it disappears from every single area grocery store.

Anyway, the two dinners that disappeared were Lemon Chicken and Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry. Lean Cuisine still makes them. But the local distributor stopped carrying them. So that means they are now impossible to get anywhere within like a 120 mile radius of my location.

I knew you could order frozen items from netgrocer.com, and was pleased to find that they had these there. So I just ordered them from there for the past couple years.

Tonight, when I placed my routine order, I received the following:

quote:
Thank you for your order with NetGrocer.com. Unfortunately, refrigerated/frozen items to certain regions of the United States have changed. These products are only offered to certain delivery addresses in Region1 (States listed on homepage). On your recent order we show that these types of products have been ordered and are no longer being shipped to your area. Your order has been voided and you have not been charged.

I have no idea why the gently caress they won't ship to me anymore. They pack these in dry ice and I have always received them 100% frozen via FedEx three day.

Amazon has a few kinds of Lean Cuisines available, but not the Lemon Chicken or Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry.

I tried searching to no avail...

If anyone knows of any alternate resource that I'm missing, I'd love to hear about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Pizzarias

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
learn to cook

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
change ur region to asia

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Orkin Mang posted:

change ur region to asia
no way those dudes constantly keep the right distance to launch their anti-airs and i always get the punish its not even fun anymore

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

serious norman posted:

I have been eating Lean Cuisine for the longest time. I experimented with all different kinds of products like this and settled on a few different kinds of Lean Cuisine quite a while ago, and have been eating them ever since. I've tried them all and I only buy about the five kinds I like the best.

Within the last couple years or so they stopped carrying two of the kinds that I routinely buy where I live in West Michigan. Because pretty much every single grocery store around here gets their products from the same single distributer, if the distributor stops carrying something, then it disappears from every single area grocery store.

Anyway, the two dinners that disappeared were Lemon Chicken and Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry. Lean Cuisine still makes them. But the local distributor stopped carrying them. So that means they are now impossible to get anywhere within like a 120 mile radius of my location.

I knew you could order frozen items from netgrocer.com, and was pleased to find that they had these there. So I just ordered them from there for the past couple years.

Tonight, when I placed my routine order, I received the following:

quote:
Thank you for your order with NetGrocer.com. Unfortunately, refrigerated/frozen items to certain regions of the United States have changed. These products are only offered to certain delivery addresses in Region1 (States listed on homepage). On your recent order we show that these types of products have been ordered and are no longer being shipped to your area. Your order has been voided and you have not been charged.

I have no idea why the gently caress they won't ship to me anymore. They pack these in dry ice and I have always received them 100% frozen via FedEx three day.

Amazon has a few kinds of Lean Cuisines available, but not the Lemon Chicken or Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry.

I tried searching to no avail...

If anyone knows of any alternate resource that I'm missing, I'd love to hear about it.

OP are you one of those people who subsists entirely on Lean Cuisine?

Please list all of the things you eat in this thread

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

http://www.schwans.com/

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Really concerning story op

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

i ate so many personal pizzas

so many

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Mirthless posted:

What do you have against Lean Cuisine ?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
overly lean

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Bring them back

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.
The lean cuisine lemon chicken microwave dinner has 560 mg of sodium per serving.

That dinner is saltier than ocean brine. It's saltier than a public counter strike server. It's saltier than the salted nukes that will inevitably coral humanity into the gates of hell come armagedon.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

serious norman posted:

why the gently caress

:lol:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Just get a case of pizzas instead, they come in stuffed crust now:

http://products.schwansfoodservice.com/product-list/?id=a0D4000000EuiGo

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.
It's saltier than Seattle's streets during a winter flurry. Saltier than a weightlifter's headband.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
:gerty:

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Saltier than the underside of a seagull

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think when the local distributor stopped carrying them it should have been a wake up call. It is not worth it to package and ship those frozen dinners to your area anymore that is just the way the world works.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

it's a conundrum op

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

for reference. a box of kfc popcorn chicken:

CALORIES

CARBS (G)

TOTAL FAT (G)

SODIUM (MG)

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mirthless posted:

I don't see why this matters. Whether or not the op eats Lean Cuisine once a year or every single day is immaterial, either way he's interested in alternative supplies now that Net Grocer will no longer ship to him.

Whatever happened to voting 1 and moving on?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

kfc popcorn chicken used to have an entire day's worth of salt per serving. i ordered it one time in two thousand five and i was blown away that a company could get away with putting salt encrusted breading on a thimble of chicken and in some cases just fill the bottom half with breading bits.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Why do you all care what I eat? I'm asking a simple question where to get frozen lean cuisines delivered to my house. Yeah I eat other stuff too from time to time. However this isn't the thread subject.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
This is all very troubling. I just got some lean cuisine pizzas and feel a lot of empathy for OP. There for the grace of god goes I.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

filling a cupcake with human waste and selling it as an advertising point was made illegal recently

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
are you saying that lean cuisine may not in fact be as healthy as the name and marketing may suggest?

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
I miss pizza pockets

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I suggest you become a hacker and use a vpn op

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

ArchNemesis posted:

are you saying that lean cuisine may not in fact be as healthy as the name and marketing may suggest?

it only promises to be "lean". Turning your body into a molten salt reactor just melts the pounds away

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
lean cuisine? are you on a diet or something?

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
its pretensions at being "cuisine" are unfounded however

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I really like those when I was a kid. I bet they were total garbo though and I was just a stupid kid.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

ArchNemesis posted:

Me? It's convenient to get it delivered to my house since there aren't any grocery stores nearby and yes I think it's healthier and more environmentally how much water do you waste when cooking pasta? Or rice?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You're going to have to move to a new area that sells Lean Cuisine, OP. I know it means having to abandon your home, your job, your friends, and your family, but ultimately I think you know it's something you have to do.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Mega64 posted:

You're going to have to move to a new area that sells Lean Cuisine, OP. I know it means having to abandon your home, your job, your friends, and your family, but ultimately I think you know it's something you have to do.

How much water will be used during the relocation though? :ohdear:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Mega64 posted:

I don't have a family even though I'm in my late thirties "op". I'm looking for a solution where I keep my friends and can have frozen leans daily. If you won't work with me on this, vote 1 and move on.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

serious norman posted:

I don't have a family even though I'm in my late thirties "op". I'm looking for a solution where I keep my friends and can have frozen leans daily. If you won't work with me on this, vote 1 and move on.

i voted 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Why not just go to the supermarket, are you an agoraphobic

• Locked thread