Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
that one nazi dude who got pwned, who you may remember from such gifs as "nazi dude who got pwned"

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gradebook/white-supremacist-leader-at-center-of-charlottesville-events-may-come-to-uf/2333554

"University of Florida president Kent Fuchs today sent out an email notifying students, faculty, parents and employees that white supremacist activist Richard Spencer, who sparked today's events in Charlottesville, Va., may be coming to speak in Gainesville on Sept. 12.

Fuchs said the school has been contacted by the National Policy Institute about reserving space on campus for an event that will feature Spencer as a speaker. He noted that the organization is not affiliated with UF or any student groups, but that, under university regulations, "non-university groups, organizations and persons may rent space on campus, provided they cover rental expenses and security costs like all other third-party renters."

Referencing today's violence in Charlottesvillle, Fuchs said Spencer's presence on campus would be "deeply disturbing," but that, by law, the school could not discriminate against the National Policy Institute in considering its request. On its website, the group describes itself as "an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity and future of people of European descent in the United States and around the world."

In his email, sent out at 4:55 p.m. Saturday, Fuchs added: "I encourage our campus community to send a message of unity by not engaging with this group and giving them more media attention for their message of intolerance and hate."

Read the full text of Fuchs' letter:

Dear Campus Community,

The National Policy Institute has reached out to the university to reserve space for a speaking event featuring white nationalist and “alt-right” activist Richard Spencer on September 12.

This organization is unaffiliated with the university, and no student groups or other groups affiliated with the university are sponsoring this speech. This event is not finalized and it is still under discussion.

Per university regulation 2.004, non-university groups, organizations and persons may rent space on campus, provided they cover rental expenses and security costs like all other third-party renters.

UF administration, staff and campus police are developing a security plan for the potential event and are working with colleagues across the country who have had similar events on their campus.

For many in our community, including myself, this speaker’s presence would be deeply disturbing. What we’ve watched happen in Charlottesville, VA. in the last 24 hours, is deplorable. I again denounce all statements and symbols of hate. The University of Florida is a community of learners, educators and scholars. We encourage open and honest dialogue, and we strive to build an inclusive environment where hate is not welcome.

While this speaker’s views do not align with our values as an institution, we must follow the law, upholding the First Amendment not to discriminate based on content and provide access to a public space.

Though we have a responsibility as a public university, we also have a vital duty to our students, faculty and staff to uphold our educational mission.

Instead of allowing hateful speech to tear us down, I urge our campus community to join together, respect one another and promote positive speech, while allowing for differing opinions. These types of groups want media attention. I encourage our campus community to send a message of unity by not engaging with this group and giving them more media attention for their message of intolerance and hate.

It is up to every student, faculty member, staff member, and myself to demonstrate our university values of respect and inclusion in all that we do. We have an opportunity to lead the way.

We will continue to keep you updated as more information develops through email and our information line: 1-866-UF-Facts.

Warm Regards,
W. Kent Fuchs
President
University of Florida"

A dude named "kent fucks" is real upset about it I guess, will anybody die this time? You decide!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I stand with Fuchs. Yes, I'm a Fuch-er, and I am proud.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
nice of you to hold a rally for your friend smelliot

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whatever dude

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
The dates in that article, though

(he's speaking Oct. 19th)

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

great maybe he can finish telling us about his pepe pin

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006
I fight for all those men who have their nuts in a vice grip
That is one smart Fuch'er

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Peace de Bundy posted:

nice of you to hold a rally for your friend smelliot

I'm not friends with the CIA plant, sorry

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q7jX-k3ifY

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

quote:

On its website, the group describes itself as "an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity and future of people of European descent in the United States and around the world."

I wonder if he means southern Europeans as well

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

T.S. Smelliot posted:

oh he's a CIA plant huh ? what about chemtrails , Alex ? he's actually just a trump
Supporter spouting trump beliefs

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Richard Spencer: Founder and CEO of Spencer's Gifts

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

wait i thought spencer was a powerless meaningless nobody who had no relevance in modern america, when did he become a cia plant

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

World War Mammories posted:

wait i thought spencer was a powerless meaningless nobody who had no relevance in modern america, when did he become a cia plant

who cares. pfft

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

spit out my michelada reading this lmao

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

T.S. Smelliot posted:

It's funny how most of the trumpy people feel the need to embrace conspiracy theories to justify their dumbass worldviews

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

who gives a gently caress. stop giving this nazi moron attention.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

who gives a gently caress. stop giving this nazi moron attention.

we can't he's president

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
his haircut is such a throwback to under siege

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
I like the idea that if you just ignore these idiots they will gently caress off but I'm not sure if that has ever worked in any context. Best case would probably be a completely peaceful counterprotest that dwarfs this guy's legit followers and make them feel like the pathetic minority they are

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
You've Gotta Be Fuching Kidding Me

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
nazi to give a speech at university of florida about how nazis arent violent people they just want to eventually peacefully exterminate minorities and until then merely marginalize their rights as citizens and human beings

https://i.imgur.com/uGP071f.mp4

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
still waiting for evidence of the insane claim he's a CIA plant .

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Guys I think Richard Spencer might be retarded.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Waffle House posted:

The CIA would certainly like it if you believed this.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I Kent Fuch'in believe it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

FactsAreUseless posted:

:argh: COINTELPRO!! :argh:

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Waffle House posted:

That's the best case scenario lmao. Otherwise he'd have to have a normal functioning brain and wholeheartedly believe in Nazism

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Tax Inductions posted:

It's funny how most of the trumpy people feel the need to embrace conspiracy theories to justify their dumbass worldviews

piss tape! piss tape!

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

VikingSkull posted:

piss tape! piss tape!

is real

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

i hate the loving cia

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Just waiting on Richard Spencer's scandal or fursona to be posted at this point

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'm glad you'll get to see one of your heroes in person Smelliot

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I hope Richie Spendy gets hits by a flying dropkick this time.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waffle House posted:

Just waiting on Richard Spencer's scandal or fursona to be posted at this point

i bet his cum tastes like poo poo

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

I hope Richie Spendy gets hits by a flying dropkick this time.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

wait i thought spencer was a powerless meaningless nobody who had no relevance in modern America

He's literally verified on Twitter lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Orkin Mang posted:

i bet his cum tastes like poo poo

ill bet he ejaculates pomade and pervitin

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I really want to know how the CIA got involved in this and would also like to remind people that this half-brained moron teaches kids(Smelliot, not Spencer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I really want to know how the CIA got involved in this and would also like to remind people that this half-brained moron teaches kids(Smelliot, not Spencer)

him and secular humanist are the only posters i cant stand. boring assholes

• Locked thread