Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

If I miss the redtext, one of you guys better save it and paste it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Steve (the creative director? big boss dude?) is streaming talking about poe and its launch.

https://www.pscp.tv/sj_sinclair/1vOGwOdVAgqGB

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They better have a fuckin' Platinum sale on PS4 for once.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Steve is the main guy in the studio, yes. Best known for wearing his beanie at all times, and basing his gameplay design decisions on questionable grounds sometimes.

He is definitely good at coding graphics and optimization, though. He was apparently pretty much the only guy doing their 3D and engine and effects work for the first 3 years (?) and the fact that this semi-indie F2P game with no publisher manages to both look and run better than half the AAA titles out there has a lot to do with him.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Coldbird posted:

Best known for wearing his beanie at all times,

Check his stream, he wears a baseball cap today. :stonk:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Feindfeuer posted:

Check his stream, he wears a baseball cap today. :stonk:

Is that one of the Amazing Eternals caps? They were handing them out like candy at PAX.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Coldbird posted:

He is definitely good at coding graphics and optimization, though. He was apparently pretty much the only guy doing their 3D and engine and effects work for the first 3 years (?) and the fact that this semi-indie F2P game with no publisher manages to both look and run better than half the AAA titles out there has a lot to do with him.

For real. I'm playing PSO2 and I am amazed how lovely the skybox looks compared to Warframe's.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Lmao if you wanna use arsewing on PoE you need clan research.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Nalesh posted:

Lmao if you wanna use arsewing on PoE you need clan research.

I can only pray it has Hema as a pre-requisite for some god awful reason.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
According to the stream they are starting red text now, get hyped.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Stream is wrapping up, release client is hitting the CDNs, this is IT

Passburger
May 4, 2013
:ducksiren: Brace yourselves, plains of lotsa bug is coming! :ducksiren:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

They've given a somewhat inordinate amount of 75% off daily bonuses of plat today, mostly to people who are :homebrew:

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

They've given a somewhat inordinate amount of 75% off daily bonuses of plat today, mostly to people who are :homebrew:

My wife got one today AND yesterday. She bought the 4000 plat package, of course.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That's another 400p for me.

Never bet against Tallgeese.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I'm a huge :homebrew:, where's mine? :mad:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

That's another 400p for me.

Never bet against Tallgeese.

I'm running a Tallgeese Inc franchise on PS4

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

None for me since my first newbie one, guess I'll trade another 3 firequakes for some plat today.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I forgot that the game had a referral program and got one of my friends playing, whoops.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Hopefully someone figures out the optimal path with focus. There's just too many choices out there with my limited focus points. Maybe Tallgeese can experiment since he probably has enough focus to get everything right out the gate :V

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Blight Runner posted:

Hopefully someone figures out the optimal path with focus. There's just too many choices out there with my limited focus points. Maybe Tallgeese can experiment since he probably has enough focus to get everything right out the gate :V

Brozime did a review of the proposed changes and he said Zenurik was still king.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel confident that they're all cool and good now so go with whatever unless you're so immeasurably bad at managing energy that you have to rely on every scrap of regen

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i feel confident that they're all cool and good now so go with whatever unless you're so immeasurably bad at managing energy that you have to rely on every scrap of regen

Most people already have Zenurik, even with the rework it looks to be the most powerful, and they added a shitload of magnetic procs to the plain.

Mogamu had to switch to Trinity because of them on the stream I'm watching

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Johnny Joestar posted:

I wanna spam my space wizardry dammit! Ain't got no time to manage nothin'!

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Servers appear to have exploded.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Mah Zenurik! Still looks to be p boss tho. Got a disconnect when trying to get to the plains, but warframe is at 97k steam users now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

YOTC posted:

Warframe is actually kinda popular it turns out

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Got in.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

YOTC posted:

Yep. Probably because of 100k people in chat asking "How do I get to the plains?"

Like, look at the earth map for half a second, duder.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
It even has a pop up when you log in saying 'WE PUT IT ON EARTH'

Don't start a 'defend the thing' objective while a ship is flying above you, they will drop that poo poo in half a second. Either that or it just bug-exploded.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
open squads: 1411

Dear lord I've never seen so many people at once in this game.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Like I said, whenever something gets delayed the release is always on Thursday.

Coldbird posted:

Steve is the main guy in the studio, yes. Best known for wearing his beanie at all times, and basing his gameplay design decisions on questionable grounds sometimes.

Steve is a profoundly genius coder. He should never be near anything related to design, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a wide variety of reasons why this game has managed to somehow succeed despite the weird and baffling decisions

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's a wide variety of reasons why this game has managed to somehow succeed despite the weird and baffling decisions
especially when everyone else is loving up even worse

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's because we're horrible consumerist monsters and we like acquiring something every day

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Johnny Joestar posted:

I think it's the part where I can do a crazy ninja flip and headshot eight guys as I glide through the air.

Maybe also the art design.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Night10194 posted:

I think it's the part where I can do a crazy ninja flip and headshot eight guys as I glide through the air.
yeah the fact that other development studios are loath to do this because their animation teams would get their ocd flaring when things don't line up in perfect order is pretty hosed

if only we had more dev studios that didn't give a gently caress about how "silly" something looks, like the just cause series, or the saint's row series :rip:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Warframe has some immensely talented people working for them. Steve may be a questionable lead designer but as someone brought up in another thread (can't remember which, might have been the Destiny 2 one?) dude is an insane engine and effects programmer and in the early days was directly responsible for coding a lot of the really good looking parts of this crazy alien space ninja game.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kazinsal posted:

Warframe has some immensely talented people working for them. Steve may be a questionable lead designer but as someone brought up in another thread (can't remember which, might have been the Destiny 2 one?) dude is an insane engine and effects programmer and in the early days was directly responsible for coding a lot of the really good looking parts of this crazy alien space ninja game.
also they were the reason why UT and UT2004 were really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kazinsal posted:

It was brought up on this page.