Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

This dumb motherfucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56QO94I2Uy8

you're supposed to pretend you don't hear it so you don't have to stand still for 3 minutes
What do you expect from President Heel Spurs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

This dumb motherfucker.

you're supposed to pretend you don't hear it or run inside so you don't have to stand still for 3 minutes

way to disrespect the troops idiot bitch

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
*hears reveille/retreat*

*takes of running indoors because gently caress saluting the flag for 30 fuckin seconds*

*posts angry Facebook posts about NFL players disrespecting the flag*

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

always loved it when some fat fucker who hung up the uniform in exchange for contractor dollars would lecture me on hanging out indoors for 3 extra minutes

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

cowboy elvis posted:

Nope! It was a dependent that posted actively for a few weeks demanding respect for her on-base job working at like the family rec center. Someone dug up her tumblr or livejournal where basically every post was about how dependents sacrifice the same as our troops.

I remember this. It was around the time that IDR was outed I think, so it got overshadowed.

And it wasn't even some dependent wife or something. It was some guy who's mom was prior service or something IIRC.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

always loved it when some fat fucker who hung up the uniform in exchange for contractor dollars would lecture me on hanging out indoors for 3 extra minutes
Seems to be a thing, I had a higher ranking chick from another branch (army, actually) try to do the same and I just straight up ignored her. She later went contractor.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
oh man people who give a gently caress about reville can eat my rear end. some people actually have work to do

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If active duty is so great how come you left?

*Dances out of the room and probably gets an LOR.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/918609281603244032

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hoisting a blue Peter like he's the captain of a ship?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Slim Pickens posted:

This dumb motherfucker.

you're supposed to pretend you don't hear it or run inside so you don't have to stand still for 3 minutes

Thank god no one kneeled and instead just sat and gloated about commercial ratings.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Navy does this erryday, so there's a little hyperbole or lovely research going on there. But for a civilian to demand it is loving absurd.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Is there anyone in this administration that is a normal, boring government bureaucrat?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nick Soapdish posted:

Is there anyone in this administration that is a normal, boring government bureaucrat?

Elaine Chao, Secretary of Transportation.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Godholio posted:

Navy does this erryday, so there's a little hyperbole or lovely research going on there. But for a civilian to demand it is loving absurd.

I can't wait for the Surgeon General to have his army

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

Nah, she's in deep poo poo for abusing travel funds just like Mnunchin and Price

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

I think the point is that it's never been done at a civilian agency.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Immanentized posted:

Nah, she's in deep poo poo for abusing travel funds just like Mnunchin and Price

She's the closest thing to a career bureaucrat this administration will have: Secretary of Labor under Dubya, served the full 8 years, various other government duties in Bush 1.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

psydude posted:

Exactly, there's a difference between a ship's CO, Commodore, or Admiral and Zinke

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Think of it as a nice warning that dumbass is present. Not that there's much work to avoid these days. Just a rubber stamp for idiots who don't believe in public land.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

redneck nazgul posted:

Wife of the Senate majority leader, family on the board of the Bank of China, and an ownership stake in a ship used for drug smuggling?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/918625996491952129

So it's a loan to rebuild PR, that's pretty hosed up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The US is playing loan shark to its own suffering citizens lmfao (and crying)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mattis and McMaster are really it. The latter has been really quiet lately. Maybe if he opened his mouth it'd destroy what little respect he might still have.

Kelly startes as an idiot border hawk, and has only made it worse over the year.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Wife of the Senate majority leader, family on the board of the Bank of China, and an ownership stake in a ship used for drug smuggling?

I think people's expectation of "normal boring government bureaucrat" are skewed.

Besides Mattis and McMaster, I don't think there's anyone in the administration that's not as crooked as a Parkinson's patient drawing of an ampersand, but she's the closest thing to "career bureaucrat" as this administration's going to get because she's actually been in a Cabinet role before.

She's at least smart enough to keep her corruption/incompetence out of public view, unlike everyone else.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Godholio posted:

psydude posted:

The article linked in the tweet goes into the history, including its use at civilian agencies, mostly from the 19 teens to around WWII when it went out of style as too pretentious.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How much did Texas and Florida get loaned?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

joat mon posted:

The article linked in the tweet goes into the history, including its use at civilian agencies, mostly from the 19 teens to around WWII when it went out of style as too pretentious.
...so of course these chest-puffing sacks of poo poo decide to bring it back.

of course.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Duke Chin posted:

...so of course these chest-puffing sacks of poo poo decide to bring it back.

of course.
All of this makes W's fake ranch and nonsense cowboy bravado look highly preferable.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

redneck nazgul posted:

I think people's expectation of "normal boring government bureaucrat" are skewed.

Besides Mattis and McMaster, I don't think there's anyone in the administration that's not as crooked as a Parkinson's patient drawing of an ampersand, but she's the closest thing to "career bureaucrat" as this administration's going to get because she's actually been in a Cabinet role before.

She's at least smart enough to keep her corruption/incompetence out of public view, unlike everyone else.

Not one reliability normal bureaucrat? A generic married white guy with grown kids who never took a bribe, never groped a staffer, never embezzled or kickbacked no-bid contracts or leaked secrets?

Guess I know what I'm doing after I get my degree.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/12/trump-mueller-meeting-russia-243692

quote:

Donald Trump’s lawyers are open to having the president sit down for an interview with Robert Mueller, according to a senior White House official, as part of a wider posture of cooperation with the special counsel’s Russia probe.

If Mueller doesn’t request an interview by Thanksgiving, Trump’s lawyers might even force the issue by volunteering Trump’s time, the official said. The White House believes such an interview could help Mueller wrap up the probe faster and dispel the cloud of suspicion over Trump.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

oh my god please do this

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hey so Kushner lied by omission on his disclosure forms. No, not all those other times. This is a new time!

http://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushner-ivanka-trump-white-house-forms-omissions-cadre-millions-679231

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
I think I'm gonna order another whiskey

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/12/trump-obamacare-subsidy-243736

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Christ. How stupid do you have to be to put that wetbrained sack of poo poo in front of someone like Mueller?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeroisanumber posted:

Christ. How stupid do you have to be to put that wetbrained sack of poo poo in front of someone like Mueller?

Smart enough to know you loaded him up with the best coaching you could muster and it's only gonna be in that piss oatmeal brain for a short time before he defaults back to just loving everything up.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It'll probably get halted nearly instantaneously.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Zeroisanumber posted:

Mueller please tear this sack of poo poo to pieces and televise tia

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I had to imagine how it'll all play out, Mueller will bullshit with him for a while, inflate his ego and get the dotard to brag about Russia while the lawyer is getting coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

If his brain really is rapidly turning into swiss cheese it would be in their best interest to give an interview before it got worse and then refuse additional questioning later? About the only reasoning I can come up with without actually knowing anything.

• Locked thread