Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

flerp posted:

feeling p bad about qpq, comes in p hard beginning of the day, pressure goes their way, and then quiet

but i mean people have been quiet this day a lot so idk

my main activities have been:
1.) working
2.) sleeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
sry i just want people to post since not a lot of stuff has been happening

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Compliments a player on having a reason to unvote someone.

Votes another player for doing the same thing.

Is opinion-faking scum player QPQ.

Also, how am I mafia-dading? I speculated on things that didn't happen, there's no way that can be interpreted as me telling another player how to play the game.

I think you came in, saw that flerp had a negative opinion of me, so you decided to buddy-up to him while faking a case. Nothing about your play this game feels genuine.

##vote QPQ
flerp looked like he was engaging with content and actively adjusting his reads in relation to them

not sure what post you are referring to specifically

i consider any discussion of mechanics to be mafia-dading

fair enough read

i'll admit that i am apparently illiterate and missed your post where you lay out your reads

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

flerp posted:

sry i just want people to post since not a lot of stuff has been happening

it's ok. my post wasn't an excuse so much as an irrelevant explanation

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I still think QPQ is the better vote, but since Jam came back and said he was going to give his opinions and then did nothing of the sort 2.5 hours later, I would be fine moving to Jam.

Flipless games are hard because it makes me wonder if he is scum with Probst and after losing his scumbro he gave up and that's the difference between D1 and D2, but who even knows.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Asiina posted:

So Jam, are you actually going to post your thoughts?

Yeah, I got sick and threw up and took a nap but I'm awake again.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Asiina posted:

They're referencing this from the discussion thread:

Jamuraan posted:

I've lurked through games not because I was afraid of being scummy but because I could and I knew it wouldn't get penalized for it. Last game I had maybe the lowest post count and also lived the longest so.

And if you read further, I clarify what I meant.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
That's a fine response, I expected something earlier than 90 minutes to deadline but I understand that people are busy.

Do you have any reads? Am I still your biggest scum read?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's a fine response, I expected something earlier than 90 minutes to deadline but I understand that people are busy.

Do you have any reads? Am I still your biggest scum read?

Yeah, that is my bad. I am generally better at keeping up to date with information and responding regularly to the thread.

I really did think I had found something when I made my post on you, but I was tired and Asiina's already pointed out that I really have nothing and excluded a fairly significant piece of evidence. (1). I'm not confident in that read anymore.

The only person whom I have any suspicions of is Somber, for reasons previously articulated D1. "honestly i'm a little puzzled that i wasn't hammered and that gif went so easy" strikes me as a little too self-aware (2), but he hasn't really done anything else that I see as suspicious.

I have a fairly good pro-town read on flerp. I still feel good about Asiina but less so. I probably wouldn't vote for her today unless it was necessary to secure a lynch.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Re: Asiina. I felt good about her up until these two posts:

Asiina posted:

I don't really have anything to say about Jam. He came in very strong which I don't necessarily see as scummy because jumpstarting a game is a skill I always appreciate and I lack. The fact that he hasn't posted at all today is definitely bad and I would vote him for it, but that feels like a real shot in the dark.

I'd rather keep my vote on QPQ since I think there's an actual case there.

Asiina posted:

They're referencing this from the discussion thread:

It strikes me as an odd defense of a lurker.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

The way that Somber was in thread and didn't switch their vote at deadline is really odd.

Somberbrero posted:

Deadline is right when I get off work so that's probably it for me. I'm vt good luck dummies.

However, Somber is STILL AROUND within the last hour of the day and still doesn't change to GIF (or anyone else for that matter, risking a nolynch, probably what Somber wanted to happen)

Somberbrero posted:

Also gif that is the gambler's fallacy.

But pops in to call GIF out on a fallacy.

Then today all Somber has done is speculate on the night kill and then votes Asiina on nothing. Then votes me on nothing.

Really sloppy scum play in my opinion.

##vote Somber

I didn't like Somber's play yesterday, and I still don't like Somber's play today.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I still think coming out of the gate with what I felt was a dishonest case is pretty scummy, but if you genuinely missed some of my posts it's understandable.

Jam on the other hand has come in and commented, but he hasn't really said anything to make me feel better about him. Is he avoiding giving reads or as Asiina thinks, has he already given up and doesn't have the energy to fabricate them? Either way I think we've caught scum today.

##vote Jamuraan

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

My reads:

Strong Town Vibes:
Tobbs
Flerp
Asiina

Middle of the Road:
QPQ

Scummy:
Somber
Hal

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I still think coming out of the gate with what I felt was a dishonest case is pretty scummy, but if you genuinely missed some of my posts it's understandable.

Jam on the other hand has come in and commented, but he hasn't really said anything to make me feel better about him. Is he avoiding giving reads or as Asiina thinks, has he already given up and doesn't have the energy to fabricate them? Either way I think we've caught scum today.

##vote Jamuraan

You're wrong, but I appreciate your effort.
I just gave very loose reads, and I have to leave, so go ahead and lynch me, but I promise I'm VT.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Phone posting so no previews to see what I'm missing, but yeah, still comfortable with Jam.

Somber is one player who came out with reads/cases early which can make you a target, but he did it anyways.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Jamuraan posted:

The way that Somber was in thread and didn't switch their vote at deadline is really odd.

However, Somber is STILL AROUND within the last hour of the day and still doesn't change to GIF (or anyone else for that matter, risking a nolynch, probably what Somber wanted to happen)

But pops in to call GIF out on a fallacy.

Then today all Somber has done is speculate on the night kill and then votes Asiina on nothing. Then votes me on nothing.

Really sloppy scum play in my opinion.

##vote Somber

I didn't like Somber's play yesterday, and I still don't like Somber's play today.

Yeah that is really weird. The vote was 3-3 between Somber and Probst and Somber doesn't vote to save himself even in that situation yet he still shows up to post. I don't get it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I can hammer Jam. There's still a little bit of time and I still like QPQ better, but if others aren't willing to move, then I'm fine with that.

I'm feeling better about him a little now that he's actually returned, but it took a lot of pressure to get him to produce those reads.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i'll hammer in 5 unless anyone has anything further to add

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

I can hammer Jam. There's still a little bit of time and I still like QPQ better, but if others aren't willing to move, then I'm fine with that.

I'm feeling better about him a little now that he's actually returned, but it took a lot of pressure to get him to produce those reads.

I'm not sure how you interpret my reads as being the result of "a lot of pressure."

I came back into the thread. Someone asked me my reads. I posted them.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm not sure how you interpret my reads as being the result of "a lot of pressure."

I came back into the thread. Someone asked me my reads. I posted them.

I meant Jam.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

im dumb

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

i'll hammer in 5 unless anyone has anything further to add

as promised

##vote: Jam

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

:angel:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

Final Votecount for Day 2

Jamuraan (4): Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, QuoProQuid
Somberbrero (1): Jamuraan
QuoProQuid (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed
Tobbs Gnawed (0): QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid
Asiina (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (1): flerp

With 7 people left in the Room, it took 4 votes to expel someone.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
They stumble back, helpless against your advance.
The walls are closing in.

There is a flicker of motion barely visible in the corner of your eye.
Your breath catches itself in your throat.

Another one vanishes.
They were never here.

Jamuraan was expelled on Day 2.
You're still not safe.

You have 16 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Darkness descends once more, cloaking the Room in deep shadow.
You can always fall further.

A light breeze brushes past your face in the wake of something moving nearby - something massive.
Will you ever see the light again?

When your vision returns, someone else is gone.
Your memories have already begun to fade.

Hal Incandenza was erased on Night 2.
You're still not safe.

You have 28 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (5): Asiina, flerp, QuoProQuid, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed

With 5 people left in the Room, it takes 3 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 14th, 2017 at 5 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 1 day, 4 hours.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I am interested in a possible Adiina-Jam scum team. I don't have a case rn, so much as a gut feeling.

Her last post of the day struck me as someone cutting a buddy loose after losing the chance for salvation.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

QuoProQuid posted:

I am interested in a possible Adiina-Jam scum team. I don't have a case rn, so much as a gut feeling.

Her last post of the day struck me as someone cutting a buddy loose after losing the chance for salvation.

I see what you're saying, Asiina does put up a soft defense of him. If they were actually scumbros, though, I'd have expected her to push harder against you or Somber.

I really think one of gif and Jam was scum, but we also need to consider the possibility that we mislynched both days and this is LYLO. The one thing bothering me is that neither gif nor Jam tried to fakeclaim anything. It's why I'm leaning more towards gif having been scum, as he left at -2 with this post.

gif Probst posted:

Jamuraan is a fake punk rear end scum

##vote jamuraan

see everyone tomorrow

He seemed really confident that he wasn't going to be the lynch, which could be because he had a scumbro backing him up.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

This feels like a soft OMGUS. I was willing to vote the person that was at -1 because there was a half hour left in the day and it didn't look like people were going to vote for who I really wanted, which is you.

And we now know we were wrong about at least one of Jam or Probst, so saying I'm cutting a scumbuddy loose when he was more likely to be town is a stretch.

I still think QPQ is scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I really think one of gif and Jam was scum, but we also need to consider the possibility that we mislynched both days and this is LYLO.

I don't think this is true, but just in case it is yeah nobody should be throwing votes around today.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

I don't think this is true, but just in case it is yeah nobody should be throwing votes around today.

Can you clarify? You seem to be saying that you don't think it is LYLO, but also that Jam is more likely to be town than scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

Can you clarify? You seem to be saying that you don't think it is LYLO, but also that Jam is more likely to be town than scum.

I think Probst was scum??

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Why are you more confident about Probst than Jam?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

Why are you more confident about Probst than Jam?

Cause I actually thought Probst was scum and I was willing to vote Jam because it was the end of the day?

"Why are you more confident that this person you cased as scum is more likely to be scum than someone you weren't sure about when we know that at least one of them was definitely town?"

This is the question you're asking.

The question you're asking while also thinking that Jam was scum but Probst apparently wasn't, since you're throwing out that Jam and I were scum together.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i feel better about jam being scum than gif myself, but im operating on the assumption its lylo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I really think QPQ was scum with Probst. If I had to give a second choice it would be Somber but really at this point it's process of elimination since both Tobbs and flerp are reading town to me.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'm sorry. I think I could have phrased that better.

I suppose I am wondering what made the case against Probst particularly good. It read to me like a D1 case against a lurker.

Not terrible, but not a hugely substantive case that I would hang my hat on with a bet that we aren't at LYLO.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I suppose that question goes to everyone. Do you think we are at LYLO and, if not, who do you think is more likely yo be scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

I really think QPQ was scum with Probst. If I had to give a second choice it would be Somber but really at this point it's process of elimination since both Tobbs and flerp are reading town to me.

Maybe I missed it (phone posting), but what about our interactions lead you to this?

Or have you found both independently scummy?

• Locked thread