Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
I was talking to a low-level (local in medium sized city) elected official who said that about 60% of the calls to his office have to do with the UN taking our guns, 9/11 being an inside job, chemtrails, fluoride in the water, vaccines causing autism, global warming being a hoax invented by Al Gore to sell hybrid cars, agenda 21, UFOs, the secret plot to foist Sharia Law upon our local farmers, etc. etc.

I really don't even know where to begin other than to just ask, with some genuine astonishment, how the gently caress we got so goddamned dumb. I have a hard time believing that our grandparents sat around worrying that a bunch of non-binding UN talking points about reducing carbon emissions amounted to a secret plot to take our guns.

Have we always been this stupid or has the internet just weaponized stupid people? Do we come back from this? I would like to think that national dipshittery is a self-correcting mechanism like predator/prey ratios but I just don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
there should be a nationalized testing system to license people to vote, huh

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I'd blame russian bots on social media but that's still in the realm of conspiracy theory because of Hillary

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Sounds like someone is not the least bit woke. The sooner you accept that Ancient Aliens (Dinosauroids to be specific), seeded civilization, the sooner you can live a healthy and happy existence.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

I blame everyone who has ever used the phrase "finding my own truth"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
OP how do you feel about the following phrase?

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

EorayMel posted:

OP how do you feel about the following phrase?

Like I just took some strong goofballs

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

https://twitter.com/GrantJKidney/status/918472349892177920

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
world heritage not hate

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

I genuinely don't know if this one is satire or not

https://twitter.com/AliDee12017/status/918498039261745153

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Oh look

https://twitter.com/TruthSeeker2115/status/915001568163880960

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
but 911 was an inside job.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

Agreed. Also, land/capital requirements.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Oh god how could I forget the Bilderberg Group OBVIOUSLY THEY'RE RUNNING THE SHOW WAKE UP SHEEPLE

https://twitter.com/Enlightened_Pro/status/914963905616711680

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

https://twitter.com/SteerMark/status/915712037078126592

It's definitely the mind control gas from planes and not CO2 very good point

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
exc

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Orkin Mang posted:

but 911 was an inside job.

This is patently loving retarded. Was crashing a plane into the middle of the forest in PA also part of their GRAND MASTER PLAN?

They could execute the conspiracy so well that for all these years nobody has talked but they couldn't even do something with that plane other than hit some danged trees?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Boof Bonser posted:

This is patently loving retarded. Was crashing a plane into the middle of the forest in PA also part of their GRAND MASTER PLAN?

They could execute the conspiracy so well that for all these years nobody has talked but they couldn't even do something with that plane other than hit some danged trees?

tomatoe, tomato

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I think if you believe in conspiracies you should get to vote twice. Once to elect the president, and once to elect the Double President.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

https://twitter.com/jozifdelvaani/status/914970350613647360

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

https://twitter.com/benfcampen/status/918296273475706880

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

there's no such thing a stupid conspiracy any more dude

there are headlines every day that are a million times crazier than things the craziest people have ever produced badly photocopied rants about

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

Agreed. And there should be more stringent controls on speech and the press too.

I understand there have been quite a few deaths from people spreading dangerous ideologies.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

chaosbreather posted:

there's no such thing a stupid conspiracy any more dude

there are headlines every day that are a million times crazier than things the craziest people have ever produced badly photocopied rants about

Spend about 10 minutes talking to a libertarian about Agenda 21 and come back to me

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

VikingSkull posted:

I non-sarcastically agree that we need way, way, way more elitism in this society.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Nut to Butt posted:

Agreed. Also, land/capital requirements.

Nah we should just have massive forced reducation programs and a one party communist state.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Boof Bonser posted:

Spend about 10 minutes talking to a libertarian about Agenda 21 and come back to me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

why didn't they speed up this guys prompter so he didnt have to say uh so much? wtf?

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Smythe posted:

why didn't they speed up this guys prompter so he didnt have to say uh so much? wtf?

IDK but he looks like the BJ coach from the movie Old School

Ham Sandwitch
Oct 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
lol op thinks voting matters.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Ham Sandwitch posted:

lol op thinks voting matters.

Truly one of the grandest conspiracies; one that OP buys into hook, line and sinker. :sad:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I would agree except a lot of conspiracies weirdly end up being true. :tinfoil:

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
I have a soft spot for the lockerbie conspiracy, it's just fascinating

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
OP is entirely correct.

/r/conspiracy and places like that are full of the dumbest loving people who believe the most implausible conspiracies I've ever read.

Sandy Hook truthers should be forcibly put into an asylum.

Anti-vaxxers should go work on a farm.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

morally adept posted:

Nah we should just have massive forced reducation programs and a one party communist state.
Why, I never! :monocle:

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
You can't have the yin without the loving yang.

To score a strike in bowling, all of the pins need to be knocked down. After that they are reset and you get to go again.

Bullshit and idiocy have existed since the dawn of time. You can't check truth without something that is false. I feel like we keep trying to make rules for uncomfortable and unreasonable situations that we don't understand. Moving forward, these situations resolve themselves. It's how society and animals and whatnot survive, grow, move on, and get eaten by the next predator that comes along.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Dismissing conspiracy goofs as mentally ill is a vulgar cliche but a significant percentage of those callers prob do have objective brain problems

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Boof Bonser posted:

I non-sarcastically agree that we need way, way, way more elitism in this society.

it's really great when you can flippantly reduce someones complaints about modern society into them unironically supporting racist policies of the past without them realizing it

cause guess what? conspiracy nuts ain't just a white people thing, it's a lack of proper education thing

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
UFOs are cool and real but sandy hook truthers should be turned into nutritional paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Boof Bonser posted:

I was talking to a low-level (local in medium sized city) elected official who said that about 60% of the calls to his office have to do with the UN taking our guns, 9/11 being an inside job, chemtrails, fluoride in the water, vaccines causing autism, global warming being a hoax invented by Al Gore to sell hybrid cars, agenda 21, UFOs, the secret plot to foist Sharia Law upon our local farmers, etc. etc.

I really don't even know where to begin other than to just ask, with some genuine astonishment, how the gently caress we got so goddamned dumb. I have a hard time believing that our grandparents sat around worrying that a bunch of non-binding UN talking points about reducing carbon emissions amounted to a secret plot to take our guns.

Have we always been this stupid or has the internet just weaponized stupid people? Do we come back from this? I would like to think that national dipshittery is a self-correcting mechanism like predator/prey ratios but I just don't know.

There's a bit of a self selection process at work here. Nobody gives a poo poo about city officials except for steel beam melting antivaxxers who are worried that chemtrails are dropping fluoride all over them.

• Locked thread