Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I have no idea how we won that. Woohoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

gently caress the refs

Eagles win on the road on Thursday. I'll take that any day

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

axeil posted:

I have no idea how we won that. Woohoo!

Turnovers and 3rd downs

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
That was some awful officiating

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
If we can beat Washington in 11 days we will be at minimum 4 games (6-1 vs 3-3 plus tiebreaker) up on 2nd place in the division with the chance for it to be 5 if Washington loses this week (6-1 vs 2-4 plus tiebreaker).

:stare:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Luke Kuechly needs to retire, just let it go

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
gently caress the refs

gently caress the Carolina receivers

gently caress the Carolina run game

gently caress Mike Shula

gently caress concussions

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

amazing that the panthers offense turns to trash when they decide to force feed CMC instead of you know letting Funchess work his defender like they have the past two weeks.

safeties were basically lining up over center and the panthers never just sent dickson on a seam route down the middle.

one time they tried it with benjamin he made the wrong read

one of mike shula's worst panthers performances

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eagles won without lane Johnson

Pretty good

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Bird gang, bitch

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Watching that game I finally understood how other people felt watching their teams face a Jim Johnson defense. So many blitzes and they were super effective for so much of the game by the Panthers.

Awesome to get the win on the road on a short week. Eagles defense balled out.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Good game for a Thursday night.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles now have 3 straight home games coming up: Redskins, Niners, Broncos. If they can manage 2-1, that puts them at 7-2. That's pretty nice.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm incredibly frustrated and disturbed by the way the Panthers lost this game (although a lot of what went wrong wasn't anything new, which adds to the frustration), but I'm mostly just really worried about Luke and his long-term health.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

RumbleFish posted:

I'm incredibly frustrated and disturbed by the way the Panthers lost this game (although a lot of what went wrong wasn't anything new, which adds to the frustration), but I'm mostly just really worried about Luke and his long-term health.

His career has to be about over, right? At some point they just can't allow him to keep doing this to himself.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

His career has to be about over, right? At some point they just can't allow him to keep doing this to himself.

That was my first and prevailing thought, yes. :smith:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

RumbleFish posted:

Yea that's not cool. Third concussion in as many years. Feel awful for him :smith:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

axeil posted:

If we can beat Washington in 11 days we will be at minimum 4 games (6-1 vs 3-3 plus tiebreaker) up on 2nd place in the division with the chance for it to be 5 if Washington loses this week (6-1 vs 2-4 plus tiebreaker).

:stare:

If Dallas loses its game as well next week the standings would look like this:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This was an awesome game and pretty tense. Philly is doing pretty good even missing a piece or two and hopefully can keep the pain train rolling.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

shyduck posted:

Eagles now have 3 straight home games coming up: Redskins, Niners, Broncos. If they can manage 2-1, that puts them at 7-2. That's pretty nice.

7-2, the ol' Rich Kotite level.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
oh and for those who were thinking we were crazy for complaining about the refereeing:

quote:

THE LAST 2 EAGLES GAMES REF'D BY PETE MORELLI'S CREW:

EAGLES: 24 penalties for 237 yds

EAGLES OPPONENTS: 3 penalties for 19 yds

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is an insanely small sample size

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
well maybe stop cheating

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
https://twitter.com/logandenet/status/918684216203796480

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
owned

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

in fact I was rooting for the panthers

shame to see cam fall apart in the fourth, hope he's not hurt. also keuchly's skull is probably made of eggshell by now

eagles earned a win there though, they're legit this year

Milk Malk fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 13, 2017

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Hope whatever brain disease cam got in the 4th quarter isn't permanent.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bip Roberts posted:

Hope whatever brain disease cam got in the 4th quarter isn't permanent.

Well, we all die eventually. :shrug:

Really though he looked tired and I'm wondering if he was hurt on that dive that was ruled not a TD. Play calling at the end of the game wasn't going to make anyone look good either.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Dcorrigan50/status/918695698903605249

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

axeil posted:

oh and for those who were thinking we were crazy for complaining about the refereeing:

As a follow-up here are Morelli's penalty stats for Eagles games going back 4 years.

10/12/17 PHI 10(126) CAR 1(1)

10/09/16 PHI 14(111) DET 2(18)

12/06/15 PHI 8(97) NWE 3(30)

09/29/13 PHI 8(62) DEN 2(25)

Yep. Definitely not anything wrong here when it's 40-8 in terms of penalties called. Yep.

Source: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/MorePe0r.htm

edit: One final note. Last year against the Lions he called an ineligible player downfield on #98. Except #98 for the Eagles was Connor Barwin. Who plays defense. And was on the bench at the time.

His crew also hosed up a 2015 Niners/Cardinals game so bad the NFL publicly rebuked them. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14268264/nfl-moves-pete-morelli-crew-sunday-night-game-amid-criticism

Pete Morelli needs to be fired.

axeil fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 13, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Good to see somebody rocking out to oldies

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Love me some George Clinton

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ed Dickson sucks so bad.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Quiet Feet posted:

Really though he looked tired and I'm wondering if he was hurt on that dive that was ruled not a TD.
Did Rivera (or to be more accurate, the coaches upstairs reviewing the replay) make the right call in challenging the non-TD? They ended up scoring anyway from 1st & Goal and could have used that extra timeout.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

axeil posted:

As a follow-up here are Morelli's penalty stats for Eagles games going back 4 years.

Yep. Definitely not anything wrong here when it's 40-8 in terms of penalties called. Yep.

edit: One final note. Last year against the Lions he called an ineligible player downfield on #98. Except #98 for the Eagles was Connor Barwin. Who plays defense. And was on the bench at the time.

His crew also hosed up a 2015 Niners/Cardinals game so bad the NFL publicly rebuked them. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14268264/nfl-moves-pete-morelli-crew-sunday-night-game-amid-criticism

this dude rules

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

axeil posted:

maybe the eagles need to stop committing so many penalties

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
They're the Eagles. They'll collapse eventually.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Alaois posted:

maybe the eagles need to stop committing so many penalties

There is a truth to this. But its more the fact that they didnt throw anything on the Panthers, there was a play that Blount got called for for blocking to the ground which then on the next series he gets thrown to the ground like 5 seconds after the play is whistled dead and nothing gets thrown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Holy poo poo though Carolina gave up the run game so quickly. Im not used to seeing us be so dominant against the run.

Also...it took them to the 4th Q to learn that you move the ball against us by throwing quick short passes.

And now I get to watch SNF stress free!

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 13, 2017

• Locked thread