Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

cams posted:

june 25, 2007

MAMA MIA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was told Jimmy Jacobs might end up in IMPACT as him and Scott D'Amore are boys going back to Detriot indies.

He doesn't lack offers thankfully.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm going to wrestle all of you.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Roman Reigns is a holocaust denier.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Fiveace Attorney posted:

like never because they almost never book intergender matches that arent total comedy. but i guess you think its really hurting the business as opposed to eight hundred bajillion hours of programming every week featuring champions jinder mahal and guy who is never here
what opinion are you projecting here? there have been dozens of stupid intergender tag matches where once one person tags, the other person in the ring has to exit so that the legal genders remain consistent. it's really awkward and stupid and the solution should be to not do them at all. also lol @ reaching to presume that i insinuated that they're the catalyst to wrestling's slow decline.

also in nxt they've had nikki cross get physically involved in matches against men on behalf of sanity and the table spot from the last takeover was really cool because of both how unexpected it was and how it demonstrated how unhinged she (and by extension her faction) could be.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

a new study bible! posted:

Roman Reigns is a holocaust denier.

Nonsense, he's a wank pheasant.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

rovert posted:

Was told Jimmy Jacobs might end up in IMPACT as him and Scott D'Amore are boys going back to Detriot indies.

Hopefully it is as a manager or writer because I think he is past his time as a wrestler and is better at creative.

Also hope that he can keep his demons at bay.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I was going to say, hasn't he basically at least unofficially retired from in-ring activity?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The real problem with inter gender wrestling from a company standpoint is it expose the guys who are 6”2, 225 pounds of being much smaller then that in reality. The only person whose math you can really trust in Brock’s due to UFC (Roman btw is listed as 20lb lighter then him).

People could deal with an inter gender match but it would take way more work then WwE is willing to put in.

bartok
May 10, 2006

WWE should get that Nathan For You guy to help them.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I remember that WWF had the Bubba Ray saying "I'm gonna get you, bitch!" to Trish Stratus and threatening to power bomb her through a table, while around the same time X-Pac was kicking Torrie (?) in the face every week and calling her a bitch. The Dudley stuff was played as a goof and everyone remembers their Attitude Era antics as fun and rascally, but the X-Pac stuff was played straight and I really think it contributed to his tarnished reputation with the fans in the long run.

I'll grant you that Trish (at the time anyway) and Torrie were not viewed as serious competitors, but it's a similar scenario played out two different ways, and I know which one was rejected by even the creepy Attitude Era crowds more than the other.

I've seen a bunch of great intergender matches with awesome performers like LeRae, Lovelace, Del Ray, etc, but I've seen even more creepy weirdo intergender matches that left me feeling skeeved out. The proper balance and tone are very, very difficult to achieve, imo, and nothing about WWE makes me think they can figure it out. Leave it to the indies.

I think I was going to make a larger point here, but I'm phone posting at work and I keep getting loving interrupted, so screw it.

e: Trish, not Trash. Stupid phone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, there's a balance you can find and better fiction does it all the time but most wrestling bookers and fanbases won't find that sweet spot and WWE sure as gently caress shouldn't be trusted to.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Ya'll are gonna flip when Asuka makes Roman tap out for the belt at Mania in two years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Two Beans posted:

Ya'll are gonna flip when Asuka makes Roman tap out for the belt at Mania in two years.

Finally, somebody he can lift.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

bartok posted:

Plan: Allow the audience to vote on the outcome of WWE matches

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

Finally, somebody he can lift.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

bartok posted:

Nathan hires a group of wrestlers that would be sleeper cells within the organization, ready to take over the show when given the sign to wrestle the matches with their own booking decisions. Unless Vince meets their demands and brings back CM Punk ice cream bars.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jackie D posted:

Plan: Allow the audience to vote on the outcome of WWE matches

Plan gets cancelled when Joe Anoa'i is executed with a gunshot to the back of the skull in the first match.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gender.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

iirc Bubba didn't feel good about doing this but Mae yelled DO IT, PUSSY when he hesitated

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This is really good not because of misogyny but because old people getting hurt is like one of the primal cores of comedy.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Jeff Jarrett's final gimmick in WWE was putting women in the figure-four, including Cindy Margolis

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

This is a good metaphor for my hope as a DC sports fan, as the old lady should have died a long time ago

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MAHAAAAAAAAAAAAL

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Women loving sucks

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I don't get why you guys don't like those derails, it was very insightful reading.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jack Anderson posted:

I don't get why you guys don't like those derails, it was very insightful reading.
i prefer an endless stream of shitposts from unfunny shitposters

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Jack Anderson posted:

They were good posts I agree. I prefer discussion of anything to poo poo posting or pics of empty arenas

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

Because going to TNA has always really helped people with substance abuse issues. Did wonders for Angle, the Hardys and Goldust, among others.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Abroham Lincoln posted:

MAHAAAAAAAAAAAAL

This got me pretty good I gotta admit.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
I'd be quite content if WWE never booked an intergender match ever again, but allow intergender matchups in the video game so I can have Roman job to a 120 pound woman and an Owen Driver '97.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

I'd like to think he'd fit better in ROH but I have no idea whether they have more than one writer or if everything is just handled by Delirious.

Two Beans posted:

The logical endpoint of her two year shoot on the main roster.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Eli Wiggum posted:

Tell that to the geriatric autist who owns the company

Do we really need to be using autist as an insult?

as someone with legitimate autism I kinda have to take offense to that

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I'd like to think he'd fit better in ROH but I have no idea whether they have more than one writer or if everything is just handled by Delirious.

There's a committee in ROH with Daniels, Whitmer, Bully Ray.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

You don't need to spoilertag that

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah it's lovely. We don't usually do that here so please call it out when you see it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The lack of self-awareness in using it as an insult on a forum covering niche interest is rather something.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Jack Anderson posted:

It's a touchy subject, but one with a lot of really good points on both ends that leads to some interesting chat.

• Locked thread