Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
*We make no assurances

Every week, we go out and spend our hard earned money on piles of books written by over-worked and stretched thin writers and artists on behalf of a faceless corporation designed to exploit our existential need for an escape from the grim inevitabilities of life for a quick buck.

If we're going to buy a lot of books, why not mention what we picked up this week? Throw it all out there, let people who are interested ask about some series we picked up, and generally catalog the tons and tons of money we could be putting towards retirement that we spend on comic books.

Use the following template and catalog your purchases week by week:
code:
[list]
[*][Comic Book Name][Issue Number][Digital or Physical][Source of Purchase][Pull/Subscription or Pick-Up]
[/list]
Let me start off:
  • Gwenpool #21 (Digital) (Comixology) (Subscription)
  • Ms. Marvel #23 (Digital) (Comixology) (Subscription)
  • X-Men Blue #13 (Digital) (Comixology) (Subscription)
  • Mech Cadet Yu #3 (Digital) (Comixology) (Subscription)
  • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #12 (Digital) (Comixology) (Subscription)
  • New Super-Man #16 (Digital) (Comixology) (Pick-Up)
  • Harbinger Renegade #8 (Digital) (Comixology) (Subscription)
  • Amazing Spider-Man #789 (Digital) (Comixology) (Pick-Up)
  • Spider-Man #21 (Digital) (Comixology) (Pick-Up)
  • Superwoman #15 (Digital) (Comixology) (Pick-Up)
  • God Complex #1 (Digital) (Comixology) (Pick-Up)
  • Fighting American #1 (Digital) (Comixology) (Pick-Up)
  • Batman: White Knight #1 (Digital) (Comixology) (Pick-Up)
  • Batgirl (2000-2006) Vol 1: Silent Knight (Digital) (Comixology) (Pick-Up)
  • Wayward Deluxe Book 1 (Physical) (Amazon) (Pick-Up)
  • Wayward Deluxe Book 2 (Physical) (Amazon) (Pick-Up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is exactly what the shipping thread that's stickied at the top of this forum is for?

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

X-O posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is exactly what the shipping thread that's stickied at the top of this forum is for?

I thought that was about what was shipping this week, not what you bought this week regardless of when it originally came out.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I remember when weekly threads like this were the norm in the early days of BSS, where people would list what they got and give a quick one or 2 line review. More in depth stuff was in the respective character/company threads. I always liked those, but I am far too lazy to start them again...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Technically the shipping thread is for what you INTEND to buy, while this is what you DID buy. So, uh, yeah, pretty much the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Gonna go ahead and throw publisher into the format, since I grabbed some obscure stuff this week.

• Bad Girls #2 (DC; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Battler Britton #4 (WildStorm; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Black Panther #5 (Marvel; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Blackwulf #3 (Marvel; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Blood of the Demon #5 (DC; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Bloodfire #4 (Lightning Comics; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Bloodpool #1 (Image; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Body Count #2 (Aircel; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • The Butcher #4 (DC; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • The Butcher #5 (DC; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Doc Savage, The Man of Bronze #1 (Millennium; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Doc Savage, The Man of Bronze #2 (Millennium; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Doc Savage, The Man of Bronze #3 (Millennium; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Doc Savage, The Man of Bronze #4 (Millennium; physical, local store, pick-up)
  • Doc Savage: Devil's Thoughts #1 (Millennium; physical, local store, pick-up)

All the B-name stuff came in a 10-for-$1 rando pack, definitely a mixed bag.

• Locked thread