Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Incessant Excess posted:

I thought Owens title was one of the better recent ones, the segments with Jericho were always entertaining and the PPV matches were pretty good as well, especially Hell in a Cell (Seth) and the Rumble (Roman) come to mind. He was never able to beat anyone without outside help but he's a heel in WWE so :shrug:

Owens worked his rear end off for sure but he was a dude who beat people clean before that run and he became a joke who was clearly portrayed as not on Seth or Roman's level during that run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

You gotta admire the optimism of these wrestlers who sign with WWE thinking "I'll be booked different."

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

VJeff posted:

Owens worked his rear end off for sure but he was a dude who beat people clean before that run and he became a joke who was clearly portrayed as not on Seth or Roman's level during that run.

Yeah that was the hilarious thing about Owen's run. He was as protected of a heel as you can get in the WWE, with only a handful of clean loses to main event guys, and when he got the title he was just another heel with a title. Why even bother protecting guys for that long when the end result is just the same old thing?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno what the plan was before Goldberg came back and got hot, but the sad fact is, Owens was probably, at best, always a belt pillow for Brock.

What I'm more curious about is what would've happened if Finn hadn't gotten injured.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

He beat people clean before but only because he was put against guys who weren't in the main event. I agree that he was portrayed as not on Seth or Roman's level but I wouldn't say he became a joke, I wanna say that particularly in the rumble match against Roman they gave him surprisingly much. I think that Owen's run did suffer from the cowardly/incompetent heel thing they always do outside of NXT but it wasn't as bad as others and the run helped him overall.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Yeah that was the hilarious thing about Owen's run. He was as protected of a heel as you can get in the WWE, with only a handful of clean loses to main event guys, and when he got the title he was just another heel with a title. Why even bother protecting guys for that long when the end result is just the same old thing?

you could replace owens' name with almost anyone and get the same results i.e. Bray Wyatt, Shinsuke Nakamura, Finn Balor. guys who are built up huge and then just get farted out into nothingness because the bookers are brokenbrained. I remember how owning the IC title was a death warrant for a long time because it somehow ludicrously meant you'd be getting clowned on constantly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jinder is fighting Owens in India. I'm only sad these shows aren't being taped so I won't get to see Jinder attempt to work babyface.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Where are you seeing this? The press release only mentions Jinder and the Raw crew.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Incessant Excess posted:

Where are you seeing this? The press release only mentions Jinder and the Raw crew.

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/918900796103823362

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

VJeff posted:

I dunno what the plan was before Goldberg came back and got hot, but the sad fact is, Owens was probably, at best, always a belt pillow for Brock.

What I'm more curious about is what would've happened if Finn hadn't gotten injured.
probably nearly the same thing, he would have been booked strong as all hell and then lost to goldberg. which would be worse than the way it happened with ko

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Because little guys can’t beat big guys in pretend fighting.

Oh Finn, to go from that first Roman match to that second Roman match while still being white hot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Nilbop posted:

Because little guys can’t beat big guys in pretend fighting.

Oh Finn, to go from that first Roman match to that second Roman match while still being white hot.

"The better man won tonight - an injured Roman Reigns." - an actual thing said on commentary.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
"the big dog was chained but he still owns the yard" - michael cole probably

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

VJeff posted:

Jinder is fighting Owens in India. I'm only sad these shows aren't being taped so I won't get to see Jinder attempt to work babyface.

i want to see an arena explode when jinder mahal locks in the rack

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i want to see an arena explode when jinder mahal locks in the rack
Can't believe you support terrorism smdh

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

RealFoxy posted:

Can't believe you support terrorism smdh

the maharajah express is coming to your town, haters

get on board, or get racked

edit: oh the explosion, not jinder winning

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I would have much preferred to have seen Owens get a title run as the heel that he was at the start of last year, which was just someone who was a dickhead who was just aggressively horrible to everyone (except Jericho who was the exception), as opposed to yet another chickenshit heel who has to play second fiddle to dominant faces.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It was like the worst of both worlds. They booked it in a way where all the faces and heels, despite having great matches, looked like idiots at the end of the day.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If they book Jinder as a face in India does that make him subject to the "home town" loss?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I remember thinking we were gonna see a little of that "I'll kick your rear end, gently caress you" heel come back when Owens faced Goldberg and there was that moment where he basically braces himself and then gets in Goldberg's face and tells him he'd be more than happy to fight him. I still figured Goldberg would beat him but that they might actually let Owens get some offense in, even if only to give Goldberg some more ring time before his big Brock match. Instead they did the distraction spot and spear finisher, which was cool from the Goldberg side of things but didn't really do Owens any favors.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

I remember thinking we were gonna see a little of that "I'll kick your rear end, gently caress you" heel come back when Owens faced Goldberg and there was that moment where he basically braces himself and then gets in Goldberg's face and tells him he'd be more than happy to fight him. I still figured Goldberg would beat him but that they might actually let Owens get some offense in, even if only to give Goldberg some more ring time before his big Brock match. Instead they did the distraction spot and spear finisher, which was cool from the Goldberg side of things but didn't really do Owens any favors.

I am going to troll you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I am going to troll you.

I already have plenty of toilet rolls, but thank you all the same.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

I already have plenty of toilet rolls, but thank you all the same.

Good of you to clean up after your posts!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can see the booking team thinking that protects Owens when in reality it just made him look like a moron.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

J-Ru please bump the bad wrestling shirts thread, we have a new contender

http://shop.wwe.com/alicia-fox-crazy-like-a-fox-authentic-t-shirt/QA1001.html

That's astonishingly terrible.

The bad wrestling shirts thread is locked down for archiving now, but feel free to make a new one, I'm sure there are plenty more bad t-shirts out there!

VJeff posted:

I can see the booking team thinking that protects Owens when in reality it just made him look like a moron.

It would have been more than Goldberg could handle given his age/cardio, but man it would have been cool as hell to have had a Best vs Beast style match like Punk/Lesnar had, where they beat the poo poo out of each other but it was the presence of Heyman/Jericho that ended up costing Punk/Owens the win.

Goddamn that Punk/Lesnar match ruled.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 13, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You couldve done an extremely curtailed version of that, easily. Let Owens lose clean after wounding Goldberg. It gets over that Goldberg isn't only a spear and a Jackhammer and that Owens went toe to toe with loving Goldberg.

We can talk about how it hurt Owens, but tbh I think it hurt Goldberg just as much and not only because it made him into a glorified belt pillow for Lesnar.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I can now exclusively reveal the design on the back

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

l m f a o

F4W posted:

Dave Meltzer reported in today's daily update that current plans call for Raw's top champion to face SmackDown's top champion in a non-title match at November's dual-branded Survivor Series pay-per-view.

The match would be Brock Lesnar vs. Jinder Mahal, with neither the Universal nor WWE Championship on the line.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

RealFoxy posted:

J-Ru please bump the bad wrestling shirts thread, we have a new contender

http://shop.wwe.com/alicia-fox-crazy-like-a-fox-authentic-t-shirt/QA1001.html

What the gently caress these things cost 28 dollars now

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Oh my God :suicide:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
It’s going to be the most fantastic train wreck ever and that’s not even including jinder vs heyman promo battles

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The ring will never be clean when Jinder's bacne explodes from all the German suplexes.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
will they have jinder lose right before they start the india tour

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Did Seth and Bray have a feud this summer because Bray thought it was immoral to be the cover athlete for a WWE 2K game, or did I just make that up

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope Jinder wins

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
There is no way in hell Brock is kicking out of the Khallas

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

One Khallas is All it Takes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jenny Angel posted:

Did Seth and Bray have a feud this summer because Bray thought it was immoral to be the cover athlete for a WWE 2K game, or did I just make that up

I don't remember but Bray's had such a bad year (even with a title reign that started really strong!) that it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had and it had just completely slipped my mind.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

I don't remember but Bray's had such a bad year (even with a title reign that started really strong!) that it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had and it had just completely slipped my mind.

What's worse is no one is saying that's too dumb of an idea for WWE. "Guy says it's immoral to be a video game cover guy? Yeah, that sounds like a WWE story line."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Davros1 posted:

What's worse is no one is saying that's too dumb of an idea for WWE. "Guy says it's immoral to be a video game cover guy? Yeah, that sounds like a WWE story line."

Goldberg vs. Brock last year started over a video game.

• Locked thread