Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

A normal looking high school girl on the outside, Kusakabe Maron is actually the reincarnation of Jeanne d' Arc. With the help of the angel, Fin Fish, Maron works as the thief Jeanne at night to seal the demons that reside in pieces of artwork, preying upon the weak hearts of the owners. She is branded as a thief due to the fact that the artworks disappear after she seals the demons. One day, a new neighbor and classmate appears, as well as a rival in her night job, the thief Sinbad. With her own best friend being the detective's daughter, out to capture her and the appearance of her new rival, Maron's work is anything but easy.

This premise sounds like DNAngel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

This premise sounds like DNAngel.

No it's totally different. DNAngel is with magical boys you see.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

phantom thief jeanne kinda owns

that said all its best (and most insane) twists are only in the manga

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Finally catching up to YuYuYu and watching the specials. I'm gonna take it slow because I don't know if I can handle so much despair.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Xelkelvos posted:

Finally catching up to YuYuYu and watching the specials. I'm gonna take it slow because I don't know if I can handle so much despair.

whatever you do, don't relent. would they?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

eps 1 and 2 of princess prepure owned bones

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/a3ga3ga3ga3g/status/918116488736686082

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:cute:

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
I really liked YuYuYu because it focused a lot more on the friendships between the main characters without being disgustingly moe.

I want to watch GoPri as soon as I'm done with Heartcatch.

Ive reached chapter 7 or so in Blue Reflection. I'm probably the wrong demographic for it, but I reached a scene where the super trendy girl wants to swap panties with the main character because "yours look so comfy!" and euuugh. :stonk: I'd been able to just roll my eyes at the blatant little fanservice crap here and there, but that crossed a line for me.

I just wanted to play a cool RPG with magical girls and beat up bad guys. :sigh: I'll probably still finish it because I'm curious about the ending.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
As a current-season rec, Urahara is fun, cute, and good, if not exactly ground-breaking so far.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alligator Pie posted:

Ive reached chapter 7 or so in Blue Reflection. I'm probably the wrong demographic for it, but I reached a scene where the super trendy girl wants to swap panties with the main character because "yours look so comfy!" and euuugh. :stonk: I'd been able to just roll my eyes at the blatant little fanservice crap here and there, but that crossed a line for me.

I just wanted to play a cool RPG with magical girls and beat up bad guys. :sigh: I'll probably still finish it because I'm curious about the ending.
thats a pretty normal conversation imo

im not being ironic

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Should I watch:

Madoka
Flip-Flappers
or that Magical Boy Parody people mentioned in the chat thread?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Eela6 posted:

Should I watch:

Madoka
Flip-Flappers

flip flappers

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

The Colonel posted:

flip flappers

... but watch Madoka next so you at least know what the big deal is

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mirage posted:

... but watch Madoka next so you at least know what the big deal is

Nah. If you've been even tangentially involved in any anime discussion since Madoka you already know the big deal.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eela6 posted:

Should I watch:

Madoka
Flip-Flappers

Madoka

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
madoka then flip flappers, or flip flappers then madoka

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I'm gonna flip-flap.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

watch Precure

any Precure is good

except HaCha

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 22, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you watch madoka be sure to watch rebellion too

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Eela6 posted:

Should I watch:

Madoka
Flip-Flappers

yes

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I wasn't sure how I felt about flip-flappers but then the little rabbit showed up as a huge buff hero with a cape.

It's good

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Homura and Sickle posted:

madoka then flip flappers, or flip flappers then madoka

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

the just post emote, but it says "just watch" instead

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

same

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/aestheticsweeb/status/925252151600910336

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She's the best sailor scout for a reason.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

She's the best sailor scout for a reason.

This is Right And Correct Thought.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

sailor moon s is one of the greatest seasons of anime ever made

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is jojo a magical girl anime?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

OWLS! posted:

this isn't even making a joke about gorgeous irene, 1/10

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

OWLS! posted:

:geno:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My daughters have been watching a show called "Glitter Force" is that bad?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yes. subs not dubs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

P-Mack posted:

My daughters have been watching a show called "Glitter Force" is that bad?

it's just a bad dub of a decent magical girl show

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I checked and there's no sub option on Netflix, which sucks cause they prefer subs, too.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It looks like crunchyroll has the very first series of Pretty Cure, but not the season (series?) that Glitter Force is based off of. It doesn't seem like a lot of Pretty Cure available to legally stream. Also, it seems like there is a lot of Pretty Cure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a kitten posted:

It looks like crunchyroll has the very first series of Pretty Cure, but not the season (series?) that Glitter Force is based off of. It doesn't seem like a lot of Pretty Cure available to legally stream. Also, it seems like there is a lot of Pretty Cure.

yes and also the heartcatch precure movie is one of the best anime movies ever made and i wanna watch the most recent season at some point cause it apparently got ridiculously good and featured an openly gay couple

P-Mack posted:

I checked and there's no sub option on Netflix, which sucks cause they prefer subs, too.

glitter force is too hacked up from the original to have subs, they chopped out eight episodes from the season and awkwardly rearranged a few scenes