Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

pretty much, WWN's CDN capped at 1k users and wasn't scalable. In order to get around that, they were going to have to throw around some serious cash to get into spec but Flo Slam came along. I believe the numbers WWN said they were doing were 2-3k. If Flo accepted those numbers at face value, they might be dumber than Dixie Carter.

Ron Howard: They were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Tommy Dreamer says he's got a contract with Twitch to produce a weekly show from House of Hardcore footage. He says the November 18 show will be live on Twitch.

I do love this push into Twitch with the promotions, I hope it works.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Things are bad when you're being dunked on by Kevin Kelly

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/LeakyGabe/status/918519730398531586

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

work

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That one doesn't seem insane so I'm betting it was a plant. :v:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if Gabe is doing this to amuse himself at the situation, I'd be ok with this.

But this is some passive/aggressive "get back at them" thing. I think he's finally snapped.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Sounds like there's more developing with the Melbourne City Wrestling-New Japan partnership. At MCW7 today TMDK member Slex called out NJPW for a match at the show taking place in November. Since MCW 7 is a double header (it's the seventh anniversary) they'll probably announce it tomorrow.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Testekill posted:

Sounds like there's more developing with the Melbourne City Wrestling-New Japan partnership. At MCW7 today TMDK member Slex called out NJPW for a match at the show taking place in November. Since MCW 7 is a double header (it's the seventh anniversary) they'll probably announce it tomorrow.

Slex

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Happy BOLA killer weekend, :rip: my voice...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

Happy BOLA killer weekend, :rip: my voice...

Yeah!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If you can successfully find me at AAW this weekend I'll buy you a beer

offer not valid if we've met before

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I'm moving to Melbourne this week so I guess I'll go to that November show.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

oh god, gabe is making WWN/FloSports debacle his montreal screwjob and is gonna be a heel authority figure on camera, not just in reality

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Testekill posted:

I believe Slex gave them 24 hours to respond, so we should know who his opponent will be tonight.

Also, Trent Seven is in the tournament MCW are putting on for their anniversary this weekend. Night 2 happens tonight in Essendon, featuring a title match between Jonah Rock and Matt Cross.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dr. Dirt posted:

I believe Slex gave them 24 hours to respond, so we should know who his opponent will be tonight.

Also, Trent Seven is in the tournament MCW are putting on for their anniversary this weekend. Night 2 happens tonight in Essendon, featuring a title match between Jonah Rock and Matt Cross.

I'm just glad MCW aren't falling into the same trap that OCW fell into where they focused so much on the international talent that the locals fell to the wayside and the only draws became who they could bring in. OCW making Drew McIntyre their champion basically told the fans that nobody there was good enough and I'm pretty sure that he never even dropped the title.

edit: Cross also won the IWA heavyweight championship last night and tonights title match is for both titles just like with Adam Brooks winning the PWA heavyweight title from Ospreay in the triple threat match in August. Rock is on the IWA roster at least so it's not a unification match.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 14, 2017

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Testekill posted:

RAAAAIIIIINNNNMMMMAAAAAAKKKKEEERRRRRRRRR

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I can't believe that I miss out on Okada since I don't live in Melbourne anymore.

edit: Mr. Juicy has also invited Fale to come back down again.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 14, 2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

aaw.... good

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

It's even better when you don't get a boot to the face... :v:

Saturday had some amazing matches, and I need to know the rules of the "fans bring weapons" match so I can plan...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

It's even better when you don't get a boot to the face... :v:

Saturday had some amazing matches, and I need to know the rules of the "fans bring weapons" match so I can plan...

its cool that this doesn't narrow down where you were sitting because guys unexpectedly wound up in fans laps all over the room

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
EVOLVE's big "The End" angle happened last night and got legit zero buzz.

Watch it here just before the 2 minute mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2mRwRP9Mpw

Odinson, Drennan, and Parrow from FIP.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The one other time Parrow showed up it was in the wwn title match where he ran wild for two minutes and was eliminated to zero fanfare

I do like those guys though!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
so the big surprise was wwn invading wwn with wwn wrestlers

gj gabe

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I'm skeptical that anything from LeakyGabe is real, but if that is, I do find it hilarious that he claims to be sticking by the no piledriver/apron spots/cursing rules when anyone who actually watches the shows sees that poo poo happen all the time.

edit: Oh, and the December show is at Elmcor again :sigh:

Obviously Evolve doesn't draw enough people to break the AC there, and it'll be winter anyway, but you'd think after the whole controversy they'd wanna stay away from there for a bit. Also Elmcor is just a bitch to get to compared to La Boom. I really like going to Evolve live even though it's not the greatest at storylines, but I'm honestly not sure I want to make the trek up to Corona.

Vertigo Ambrosia fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 15, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/TheTylerVolz/status/919665754752110592

Naito's going to come to Illinois for a random indy with the IWGP title next February

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

I'm skeptical that anything from LeakyGabe is real, but if that is, I do find it hilarious that he claims to be sticking by the no piledriver/apron spots/cursing rules when anyone who actually watches the shows sees that poo poo happen all the time.

Bix tweeted that he got a “one of your contacts is on Twitter!” note when LeakyGabe appeared

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/TheTylerVolz/status/919665754752110592

Naito's going to come to Illinois for a random indy with the IWGP title next February

"random indie" smh

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

At EVOLVE 95. They are really hyping BOLA DVDs at the merch table. PAPW preshow was not as bad as their roster page appeared.

Sadly the gif policy is not posted at the door.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

At EVOLVE 95. They are really hyping BOLA DVDs at the merch table. PAPW preshow was not as bad as their roster page appeared.

Sadly the gif policy is not posted at the door.
It also applies to snapchat lmao

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
AAW was fun and good but man who gives a fuuuuuuuuuuuck about Teddy Hart in 2017?

Also the David Starr promo Friday was the third or fourth best thing of the weekend. More David Starr in AAW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsTIWqUUM_s

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

David Starr is the most underrated wrestler in the indies IMO

Also, the hard cam only feeds of Nights 1 & 2 of BOLA killer are up on Highspots right now

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 16, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really like David Starr, good dude. Needs to tighten up his offense. Lets the guy breathe way too much.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/920677494616985602

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ayyyyyyyyy guess who double booked again lmao

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
seriously next time i see matt riddle selling merch i'm going to give him a loving day planner

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
PWG All Star Weekend line up has changed even though its this weekend. Fenix is out of the 4 way match against Rey Horus, Flamita, and Sammy Guevera. Jonah Rock vs Jeff Cobb and Keith Lee vs Matt Riddle is now Jonah vs. Keith. This is all because Chosen Bros vs. Lucha Bros for the PWG tag titles is the main event of night 1 now. Also Travis Banks is out of the shows due to visa issues, he lost his in the mail.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pentagon was pulled from a local show I was planning on going to so that he could be added late to ASW because tickets weren't moving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

PWG All Star Weekend line up has changed even though its this weekend. Fenix is out of the 4 way match against Rey Horus, Flamita, and Sammy Guevera. Jonah Rock vs Jeff Cobb and Keith Lee vs Matt Riddle is now Jonah vs. Keith. This is all because Chosen Bros vs. Lucha Bros for the PWG tag titles is the main event of night 1 now. Also Travis Banks is out of the shows due to visa issues, he lost his in the mail.

I'm bummed Travis banks won't be there as I was excited to see him live. I really think night 1 is going to be an unexpected amazing show. It may not have the huge names but a lot of these dudes got something to prove.