Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
My MSI (rift rivals? I guess they got to finals at MSI) is bad

My worlds are worse

You guessed it right

I'm G2 Perkz :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I got RNG over Samsung on my Pickems but for some reason I thought G2 would do worse than 1907FB lul

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

RealFoxy posted:

I got RNG over Samsung on my Pickems but for some reason I thought G2 would do worse than 1907FB lul

I'm the exact opposite. I got G2 over Fenobotcher, but somehow went for SSG over RNG.

I'm batting 50% in both my pick'ems so far, so overall I'm doing great! :shepface:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
The fact that Rekkles the Coward and Caps the Literal Baby got to advance while Zven and Perkz get knocked out shows that we are literally living in Hell. Repent!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I got Group C spot on, bitches, but apparently GAM came in third even though they tied IMT so Group B I only got the top two right. D is still anyone's game (except flash wolves, wtf) , I didn't think EDG was gonna choke that hard so I'm probably getting owned in A.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Flash Wolves always have a mental block past 35~ minutes no matter how good they are before that and it's probably because the LMS is so weak they're just baffled when they've got to actually try and close out games

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

The funniest thing about all that is that G2 is so much better than fanatic.

Yeah it's a bit poo poo that the 1st EU seed ended up with the hardest group. I don't think any Western team could've made it out.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Good news G2 fans, Trick is going back to Korea and maybe expect too.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

RealFoxy posted:

Same. I fell into the trap of the sweet allure of FB's sweet wild card play and forgot those teams were all really bad.

Royal impresses me more than any team at this tournament so far. This is the absolute perfect meta for Uzi. If he was ever going to win a tournament it's this one. Don't know if China can actually do it but this is their best shot.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

Same. I fell into the trap of the sweet allure of FB's sweet wild card play and forgot those teams were all really bad.

Royal impresses me more than any team at this tournament so far. This is the absolute perfect meta for Uzi. If he was ever going to win a tournament it's this one. Don't know if China can actually do it but this is their best shot.
I just checked and we have literally the same brackets until Group D (because I believed too hard in flash wovles)

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

AttackBacon posted:

The fact that Rekkles the Coward and Caps the Literal Baby got to advance while Zven and Perkz get knocked out shows that we are literally living in Hell. Repent!

Zven was poo poo and Rekkles was better than him in ever game. Only thing I will accept is that Zven was literally playing vs some of the best ADs in Ruler/Uzi.

Zven on anything that has no mobility looked awful.

Perkz though is a monster and absolutely looked better than Caps/ most mids in this tournament.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Libertine posted:

Maybe if they were against only the shaky SKT. I feel like itll end up being LZ->RNG->SKT

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
so i was flipping through channels and saw some overwatch finals things on Disney XD. I turn it on and there they were, Monte and doa doing play by play. I mean, that channel only reaches the audience of kids who are too young to watch twitch, but they are on actual TV. kinda weird.

In worlds news, really glad that this group is on Friday, so I can watch most of it cuz I'm pacific time. Currently everyone is 2-1 except flash wolves. I have WE and TSM to win, but best of ones, amirite. TSM will either stomp or flounder, I think. And flash wolves will win 1 game and upset someone's chances of a tiebreaker.

zelgadis fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 14, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
My prediction?

The energy, the elemental spirit, the waves of, we'ere all just energy, just vibrations. We're all out there putting out there our waves, our circles, this sort of thing. And if people, if they think along the same lines, and act along the same lines, they vibrate - this is real, this is science, this is proven - they start to vibrate at the same frequency... imagine that, if we all, if so many of us all put our energy out there in this way? where does it go? an antenna that goes out to space and stars and the sun and moon all at this one frequency, this one level, that's all of us. We're TSM nation, TSM world. This is going to be a TSM universe

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Work Friend Keven posted:

The energy, the elemental spirit, the waves of, we'ere all just energy, just vibrations. We're all out there putting out there our waves, our circles, this sort of thing. And if people, if they think along the same lines, and act along the same lines, they vibrate - this is real, this is science, this is proven - they start to vibrate at the same frequency... imagine that, if we all, if so many of us all put our energy out there in this way? where does it go? an antenna that goes out to space and stars and the sun and moon all at this one frequency, this one level, that's all of us. We're TSM nation, TSM world. This is going to be a TSM universe

Preview of Tonight's Matches:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDWalFmERhY

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
https://twitter.com/ChurdChamp/status/919041161217445894

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

let's go tee ess em

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

gently caress it lets go NA

Tee Es EM

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i believe in BAY LIFE

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Someone will drop a game to Flash Wolves in a really dumb way and ruin their chances at getting out of this group

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Nice of scarra to step in this week and coach the struggling flash wolves

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
even though I theoretically knew what was going on I still did a double take when I saw misfits was 2-1 and FW was 0-3

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Why are you guys acting like TSM hasn't already won? I'm in the future and it's great, TSM just won Worlds for the fifth time in a row and the world is at peace. Peter Peng got the Nobel Prize for curing cancer with the "Trash Methodology" and Soren Bjerg just got the Presidential Medal of Freedom and an honorary United States of America birth certificate.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Ryze has kind of been underperforming or maybe the games where it works are at 4 am.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't like Flash Wolves but I see ardent vs. no ardent and see J4 and Rakan slip through

If they win a game, this is the one

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I've never met a Cassiopeia pick I liked

e: Also -- "Every team and every support player in the entire tournament has picked an Ardent Censer support which is why it's incredibly strong for Misfits to pick this Thresh, because..."

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Libertine posted:

I've never met a Cassiopeia pick I liked

e: Also -- "Every team and every support player in the entire tournament has picked an Ardent Censer support which is why it's incredibly strong for Misfits to pick this Thresh, because..."

Cosmic brain: Pick Thresh, use lantern to give Censer buff

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MSF went a liiiiitle too HAM in the jungle just for blue

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

cosmic brain: what if ... we do a real dumb draft and then play like morons??

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

alright i give up, i can't handle an entire game of riv + vedius. please save me cloudtemplar

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

that was hands down the most PUZZLING professional ryze ult i've ever seen

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Misfits cosplaying as na week two

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Lmao what the gently caress was that Flash Wolves

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

:cripes:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Great pick from FW

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

more like Maxless

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

AttackBacon posted:

Great pick from FW

They got jack poo poo from it, though. Really weird game: MSF has nearly zero engage and is waiting for FW to play into them, while FW has all this insane engage but isn't pulling the trigger.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

i'm expecting 55 minute game

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Monathin posted:

i'm expecting 55 minute game

an optimist i see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

that was some VINTAGE eu bush play