Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yeah that draft was abysmal, though they stilll could've made it a game by looking for openings like idk onto the mid jayce without cleanse with your targetted root and the best lvl ganking champion in the game...

I'm just spitballin' here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Worlds Caitlyn didn’t receive the small buff back, right?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

Yeah that draft was abysmal, though they stilll could've made it a game by looking for openings like idk onto the mid jayce without cleanse with your targetted root and the best lvl ganking champion in the game...

Like I've been saying for a while, Sven looks like garbage whenever he's not on Gragas. If MSF ban it or get Maxlore on it, I think they've got a solid chance of winning.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
NA needs to lose its automatic worlds seeds and should be forced to have the #1 seed go through the play-ins. Just give an extra seed to LCK + a coin flip between EU/LPL, so no one gets to avoid a Korean team!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

AttackBacon posted:

Cho Rumble isn't a losing lane, Hauntzer was up in that matchup the whole game. Bjerg was up on Jayce until the turrets started falling. They had a stupid dance bot and completely ceded all pressure and then the Doublelift classic occured and he died stupidly in a sidelane for 3 cs because "that's not the logical thing for a team to do!"

bjerg having a small lead didnt super matter because there's no kill pressure. hauntzer had a cs lead all game but again, no kill pressure. MAYBE you can get a kill off a gank top if there is a massive overextension but that didnt happen.

Firebert posted:

bjerg was doing fine on cs but getting absolutely poked out, any gank would have been crazy telegraphed

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
mystic is loving destroying this lane

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

And Botlane was never going to get a gank because Janna/Cait is one of the hardest lanes to gank in the game

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Just rewatch that game and look at how many times Sven is sitting around walking back and forth hesitating. I don't know if he's just that hesitant or if DL/Bjerg are calling him off (which is what I suspect) but sometimes you just need to make a play or else people are going to realize you aren't going to and they are going to bully the hell out of you.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
That being said WE opting into the Cait/Janna and playing it super well is a great adaptation to the worlds meta and the type of thing you'd expect good teams to be doing. Developing counters to the week 1 meta is a huge part of getting out of groups and NA seems to be total rear end at it, hence NA Week 2.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

bjerg having a small lead didnt super matter because there's no kill pressure. hauntzer had a cs lead all game but again, no kill pressure. MAYBE you can get a kill off a gank top if there is a massive overextension but that didnt happen.

bjerg was doing fine on cs but getting absolutely poked out, any gank would have been crazy telegraphed

nah jayce started loving doran's shield, there was plenty of time to make a play on that lane xiye didn't even back until like 7 or 8 mins in to get a dirk. J4 level 2 gank power is insane.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

WE needs to stop loving around and just end this goddamn game already so i can watch a bit of TSM vs. MSF before bed

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Vermain posted:

WE needs to stop loving around and just end this goddamn game already so i can watch a bit of TSM vs. MSF before bed

Spoiler alert; TSM does nothing and loses.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Double looks tilted out of his mind. He's the weak link.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Doublelift on Twitch and Sven on Sejuani despite Gragas being available. This is basically over.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Twitch and Sej locked in by TSM. Skip this loving game and move on to FW to TSM so we can see the two garbage #1 seeds have a battle of the retards.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

TSM is gonna get knocked out by a team running Blitzcrank and Yasuo.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I dunno, seems like MSF have tried pretty hard to give TSM a good shot here.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

3 minute first blood and Sven doesn't have a jungle any more.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
It's just obvious that everyone has made the decision to focus TSM's bot lane. Now we're gonna see DL's quality. Can he stay in the game or is he just going to crack like last year.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i love msf

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
drat look at that face. Think he's cracked. That's what Andy gets for trusting a CLG player.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Maguoob posted:

Twitch and Sej locked in by TSM. Skip this loving game and move on to FW to TSM so we can see the two garbage #1 seeds have a battle of the retards.

Not sure why DL can only play one champion but Sven has managed to be the worst jungler at Worlds a second year in a row.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Hey hey!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
oh drat that was a good engage by tsm

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Wow it's almost as if when you engage instead of sitting back and letting the enemy grind you to powder you can win fights.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
think that's the 0-11 avoided

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
This is exactly what I was talking about, TSM actually fought back this game. Even earlier, before they got that good fight, they were contesting stuff, fighting back. It actually cost them a kill or two but it kept them on the field, MSF was never able to break the mid turret and TSM was finally able to find the look they needed. Game is far from over but this is at least respectable compared to the shellacking WE gave them.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
It would take a hard DL throw to lose this from here

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Redmark posted:

I have faith.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Yeah outside of a hard throw this is pretty over, the comp is too binary from MSF.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

MSF have Blitz hooking a squishy and....that's it.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Win or lose you have to give it up for MSF here. Shows the power of confidence. No one had any expectations for them but they really came to play.

Edit: Ooh a spicy DL death. Will he tilt?

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Oct 14, 2017

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Redmark posted:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

lol doublelift

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Redmark posted:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Yeesh that was close.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
nah not hard enough. It's got to be hook or nothing.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
even if they lose here i fully respect misfits for playing fun poo poo in this dumb cho janna meta

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Feel like the better play for TSM would be to immediately contest Infernal, MSF probably can't take Baron with the three they had alive and TSM could reengage if they contested drake at all. Baron is definitely the safe call though and I understand that in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Lmao that is the face of a man that has stared death in the face and survived.