Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

how the gently caress do you gently caress up shinsuke nakamura

-debut him against a heel dolph ziggler, who can only work as an underdog face
-have him try to cut promos in english

with or without the jinder matches, nakamura was hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

make his first main roster feud dolph

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

bradzilla posted:

Yes they did. Just because it didn't happen right at the finish doesn't mean it didn't happen. They distracted the ref on their way out, not allowing Shinsuke to get the pin.

And then Jinder out-wrestled Nakamura and won.

That's why it's effectively clean.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi everyone, how are you doing today

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Outside of the Sami match and a couple of the Joe matches, I don't think Nakamura has done much interesting since signing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There's degrees of clean and "hit him in the middle with his move and pinned him with nothing dirty immediately surrounding it" is far cleaner than Jinder deserves against Nakamura. If you have to do this poo poo then at least give Nakamura the decency of a low blow or something.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Outside of the Sami match and a couple of the Joe matches, I don't think Nakamura has done much interesting since signing
Nakamura did have a good Orton match too, that was interesting, but he also seems to be "I'm 40, my body is poo poo, why not cash out and coast on my physical charisma and spots that pop the crowd?"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It was surprisingly easy, just like it was for everyone else, which is why fans will be surprised when it happens with Kenny when he joins

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nakamura has done plenty of cool things in NXT and WWE. You're letting the lame poo poo overshadow it because it was almost exclusively on PPV while the cool stuff was almost exclusively on TV.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

It was surprisingly easy, just like it was for everyone else, which is why fans will be surprised when it happens with Kenny when he joins

i really hope kenny is smart enough to stay away from wwe

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i really hope kenny is smart enough to stay away from wwe

Same but the money hasto be hard to turn down

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If what people say about Kenny is to be believed (he's in it for the wrestling, not the money) then I have extreme doubts he'll sign with them while Vince is around.

Thing is with the way he wrestles, I think Vince could very well out last him.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 14, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
All should aspire to be like wrestling Buddhist Kota Ibushi who only does exactly what he wants to for the thrill and not for money. Sometimes that's competing in the G1 Climax, sometimes that's competing in the CWC, sometimes that is lighting fireworks out of his rear end in a top hat as people around him scream in horror.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Midnightghoul posted:

The WWE Title scene is exactly the same as the Vietnam War.

58,220 dead upper midcarders

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

All should aspire to be like wrestling Buddhist Kota Ibushi who only does exactly what he wants to for the thrill and not for money. Sometimes that's competing in the G1 Climax, sometimes that's competing in the CWC, sometimes that is lighting fireworks out of his rear end in a top hat as people around him scream in horror.

:agreed:

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
We need some sort of agency that protects matches from interference. A protection agency if you will.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
This years Madden Tournament is under way, the first match:

Mr. 24/7 against Off With Your Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EzQ3tlbwB0

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

And then Jinder out-wrestled Nakamura and won.

That's why it's effectively clean.

"Effectively" clean is still not clean, sorry. I guess it doesn't matter since everyone involved looked like poo poo anyway.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Nakamura did have a good Orton match too, that was interesting, but he also seems to be "I'm 40, my body is poo poo, why not cash out and coast on my physical charisma and spots that pop the crowd?"

for every Owens, a guy who's dream is WWE there is a Nakamura who knows where the early retirement money is.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hi everyone, how are you doing today

The autumn air was really crisp this morning, and it was really nice to drink my coffee and walk through the park and look at all the belated turned foliage. I saw two skunks loving!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Titus Worldwide vs a corn maze:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfgOSZsxLtU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm not sure Vince sees Kenny as the next GUY so If the WWE offers him a deal it'd be the typical NXT to main roster one which I doubt Kenny signs as the money for that is probably worse than what he makes in New Japan.

And if they offer him big money they'll end up using him like any foreign promotion top guy, they'll have him job out for a few months to make him a WWE guy. I mean they did it to Ric Flair when he came in with the NWA belt

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember when they called a 39-year-old AJ Styles a "rookie redneck"

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Wait did they drop Akira from his name?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

keevo posted:

Wait did they drop Akira from his name?

No more than 4 syllables per superstar

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Benne posted:

Remember when they called a 39-year-old AJ Styles a "rookie redneck"

Bobby Roode was referred to as "kid" on Smackdown, Booby Roode is 40.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

Bobby Roode was referred to as "kid" on Smackdown, Booby Roode is 40.

hey if they want to make 40 the new 22 i say loving go for it

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Blasmeister posted:

No more than 4 syllables per superstar

We have come to terms with the release of The Brian Kendrick, Gentleman Jack Gallagher, Enzo Amore, Shelton Benjamin , and probably a bunch of guys on NXT that Vince doesn't know exist

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Titus' instagram videos from that little field trip were great.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Tozawa's great. I really should watch 205 more. The only wrestler on there I don't like on some level is Perkins.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Not counting Brock, the last time a babyface stood tall to close a PPV was when Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble. :discourse:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Shawn Cotureier posted:

This years Madden Tournament is under way, the first match:

Mr. 24/7 against Off With Your Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EzQ3tlbwB0

They both should have played as Kansas City because they both have the same time management as Andy Reid.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

Not counting Brock, the last time a babyface stood tall to close a PPV was when Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble. :discourse:

Just makes it all the better when Roman is standing tall at the end of wm34

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Tato posted:

The Jinder Finish™ is unstoppable. Every wrestler will lose by being distracted by The Singh Brothers and you're a god drat fool if you think otherwise. Despite them interfering in 100% of Jinder's matches, every challenger has the IQ of Sting and never anticipates it.

We really need a match where someone does to the Singh Brothers what Roman Reigns did to the Miztourage a couple weeks ago

Seriously it's kinda funny, there's a lot of parallels between the roles the Singh Brothers and the Miztourage fulfill, but the latter work so much better

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I'm looking forward to another Raw that opens with 15 minutes of continuous boos.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Incessant Excess posted:

Wasn't he still a heel at that point? He renounced his title shot to Bray right after getting it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
drat, I forgot that because I was just thinking about the big pop he got. I guess it has to be Fastlane then, where Goldberg beat Owens in 22 seconds.

EDIT: Not counting part-timers, it was when Dean won the shield triple threat to become WWE champion, in July 2016. :tipshat:

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 14, 2017

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Its a bit grey but he was Randy Wyatt when he won.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Add Dean and Seth raising his hands while Brock looks on to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
I love how twitter insiders are talking as if guys like Ricochet and Fred Yehi are still WWE bound even with thus Neville situation.

Speaking of which his WWE is handling things with Neville shows they are clueless. If they had any sense they would not grant him a release even if he never intends to return. They're now going to open the floodgates and let others follow him out. Thanks for helping New Japan, ROH and the indies WWE!

• Locked thread