Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
A lost sheep is merely a test for that sheep to come home stronger than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
It's not about eating the dog, it's about understanding that the dog is symbolic of something greater than ourselves.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Taima posted:

It's not about eating the dog, it's about understanding that the dog is symbolic of something greater than ourselves.

To add to this I've never eaten a Costco dog and Costco is fine with this as it provides in other ways.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/costco-is-58-percent-cheaper-than-whole-foods-jpmorgan.html

PBUC

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

KakerMix posted:

To add to this I've never eaten a Costco dog and Costco is fine with this as it provides in other ways.

Actually this is a bit much, i mean you at least have to eat it once or something.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

Actually this is a bit much, i mean you at least have to eat it once or something.

Everyone has to go through their first communion. I mean, I'm not a Catholic anymore but I ran through the numbers.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

Thread I have a confession to make.

I made a trip to Costco last night. Got what I needed, i.e. like four or five things that still end up costing a hundred bucks or so. But on the way out....I....

I didn't get the dog.

I'm ashamed, I know.

It’s ok, many of us enjoy the pizza or chicken bake instead of the dog. What did you get?

Unless...

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I was in South Korea recently and my expat friend I was visiting confirmed the onion side dish thing is really popular. He then further ranted that his (korean) girlfriend does it and he hates going with her because it embarasses him.

However, I did not go to Costco while over there, though I was sorely tempted to.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Fellis posted:

I was in South Korea recently and my expat friend I was visiting confirmed the onion side dish thing is really popular. He then further ranted that his (korean) girlfriend does it and he hates going with her because it embarasses him.

However, I did not go to Costco while over there, though I was sorely tempted to.

if you ever get a chance to invite them over for dinner, you have to serve onion and mustard salad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

What is CNBC talking about, did they stop selling La Croix? I just bought some not long ago? :psyduck:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/costco-is-still-cheaper-than-whole-foods-but-it-doesnt-sell-lacroix.html

They've been selling those big cases with plain, lemon, and lime at the one I've been shopping at for years? :confused:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
If they sold Grapefruit and Tangerine, I'd have no reason to go to Winco

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Maybe flavored sparkling water options are regional? In the Seattle area, Costco carries Talking Rain variety cases instead with plain, lemon lime, berry & tangerine flavors, while in the Vancouver, BC area, I've never seen them carry any flavored sparkling waters at all. Just plain San Pellegrino.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Bought a king size Sherpa throw. Now I’m rolling around naked in it rubbing my balls on it while drunk. Life is good.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

The Costco near me in MA has la Croix and also polar seltzer (manufactured in MA)

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The La Croix problem is two fold.

1) gently caress off with the plain La Croix in the variety pack, if people want to buy that poo poo separately, have fun

2) La Croix is really cheap every so often at grocery stores where you can get an 8 pack for $2.50, and you even get the flavors you actually want, what an idea.

If Costco offered a mix and match La Croix, like they offer the mix and match bagels and muffins, that would be incredible. But until that day, they will not be the best place to buy La Croix

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

They occasionally have had a mixed variety with stuff like Berry and other flavors, but it's rare

I usually have an extra lemon or lime slice around or another piece of fruit but yeah gently caress the plain flavor

I just wanna know how that article was written because the store also very clearly sells it on their website :psyduck:, this is not a difficult thing to report on and I wonder what editor signed off on it and was totally fine with it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Oh wait the byline is from Bloomberg

Still lol

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
My Costco stocks it pretty much all the time (85%) but they move it back and forth between the soda section and the bottled water section in this frustrating, elaborate dance designed to get me to buy Klarbunn instead WHICH I WILL NOT DO, THANKS. It works out to about $0.22 a can which is cheaper than almost anywhere else except when Aldi has it on crazy deep discount.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The 'Co experience today was almost ruined. Not sure what happened but the entire front reeked of rotting old trash to the point where the hundreds of people at checkout were covering up their mouths and noses including the cashiers. It was real, real bad.

However, I got a dope Boston Bruins hoodie that feels like Under Armour for just $25, and many other hot deals including aspirin and stocked up on the Orgain Protein Powder which is my fav protein.

Nobody was waiting in line to dog including myself because everybody was going to puke from the trash smell. :sad:

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 15, 2017

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Haha what the hell, what would be causing it to stink that bad

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Good soup! posted:

Haha what the hell, what would be causing it to stink that bad

Grease trap? That smell is something awful if it gets out and lingers bad.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
My wife laughed at me talking about the Sherpa throw and the Costco thread. I bought one today and since opening the package she has been underneath it and I haven't been able to experience its majesty for a single second.

Knew I should have bought two.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tato posted:

My wife laughed at me talking about the Sherpa throw and the Costco thread. I bought one today and since opening the package she has been underneath it and I haven't been able to experience its majesty for a single second.

Knew I should have bought two.

Be the third to sex under the Sherpa. It’s good, friend.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
How is the sherpa throw when it comes to fuzzes shedding off the thing after a wash or two?

I've never been able to find a fuzzy blanket similar that doesn't shed tons of fuzz.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Be the third to sex under the Sherpa. It’s good, friend.

I literally conceived my second child under a Costco Sherpa, pbuc

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I had to throw my Costco sherpa away because it got covered in cum and began to smell horrible.

I am a kissless virgin

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
It's so weird when I see these hit articles on Costco

MSN had some promoted poo poo a while ago: 20 THINGS NOT TO BUY AT COSTCO

gently caress off with that paid smear job, buy everything at costco

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Costco has great deals on already-expensive name brand stuff, but if you’re cost-sensitive, Aldi’s has much less expensive staples and snacks.

For reference:
S&W black beans: $8 for 8 cans
Dakota Pride (Aldi brand): $0.60 per can

And basically that forever. 67% markup is severe — not to mention the fact that you don’t need to buy 8.

And yesterday I bought $300 worth of Samsonite luggage at Costco so whatever, man.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

ElGroucho posted:

MSN had some promoted poo poo a while ago: 20 THINGS NOT TO BUY AT COSTCO

I read this and was curious, so I searched google and found the offending article.

Most of the stuff I get at the 'Co was on the list, and the "reasons" they list for avoiding specific products are generally bullshit. They even had the nerve to criticize Kirkland toilet paper and facial tissues! :argh:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Don’t buy pasta at Costco, pretty much it.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Don't buy fruit either. Fruit always spoils for me, and at like $1 per apple or whatever it's a big waste.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Costco bananas always worked out for me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Hambulance posted:

I read this and was curious, so I searched google and found the offending article.

Most of the stuff I get at the 'Co was on the list, and the "reasons" they list for avoiding specific products are generally bullshit. They even had the nerve to criticize Kirkland toilet paper and facial tissues! :argh:

They 100% completely discredited themselves right there.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Don't buy fruit either. Fruit always spoils for me, and at like $1 per apple or whatever it's a big waste.

Def buy their huge 3lb bags of fresh broccoli though :yum:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Their avocados are a really good price.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Their avocados are a really good price.

They weren’t good when Walmart had them for 88 cents each but now that it’s 1.68 at Walmart, Costco wins again. PBUC

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Don't buy things that will spoil before you will use it all. That is just common sense. If your family will eat a whole bag of apples in a week then it can be a good buy. If you live alone and eat 1 or 2 maybe don't buy the huge bag and get a couple single apples at a regular store.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I find fresh produce at costco to be generally more expensive than winco across the board until you get into the more premium stuff. Like if you're the kind of person that lives off cheap cuts and root vegetables costco will probably be more expensive than the cheap market in your town or even just shopping weekly deals at albertsons. Chickens, pork shoulders, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, all like 33% more expensive at costco for me. Costco is great for pricier fish/meat tho and if you eat a lot of frozen/processed meals they tend to have cheaper prices and better ingredients, which is why I think we see so many cart pictures full of frozen stuff.

my usual grocery budget is mostly buying food at winco and then buying treats at costco. Also paper products and cleaning supplies are great at costco.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Trastion posted:

Don't buy things that will spoil before you will use it all. That is just common sense. If your family will eat a whole bag of apples in a week then it can be a good buy. If you live alone and eat 1 or 2 maybe don't buy the huge bag and get a couple single apples at a regular store.

the weird part is you buy a big thing and it's still more expensive per pound than just a local place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Def buy their huge 3lb bags of fresh broccoli though :yum:

I eat a lot of broccoli, but I don't think I have ever finished a bag before it went bad. The stuff gets stinky real quick.

I do like the 4lb bags of spinach though.