Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

QuoProQuid posted:

I suppose that question goes to everyone. Do you think we are at LYLO and, if not, who do you think is more likely yo be scum?

I honestly have no clue but I think we need to play like we are at LYLO regardless.

I think you're probably scum. You dodged lynches D1 and D2 despite behaving in a way scummy enough to get you votes.

I don't recall Somber engaging as much D2 as he did D1, it could be that people saying they had town reads on him (myself included) made him feel safe enough to lower his engagement.

flerp reads the most town to me, and Asiina sits below you and Somber.

People really need to get in here and post, because if this is LYLO all three town players need a consensus on who is scum. If it's not, yeah we can afford one more mistake but I'm not comfortable making that assumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I honestly have no clue but I think we need to play like we are at LYLO regardless.

I think you're probably scum. You dodged lynches D1 and D2 despite behaving in a way scummy enough to get you votes.

I don't recall Somber engaging as much D2 as he did D1, it could be that people saying they had town reads on him (myself included) made him feel safe enough to lower his engagement.

flerp reads the most town to me, and Asiina sits below you and Somber.

People really need to get in here and post, because if this is LYLO all three town players need a consensus on who is scum. If it's not, yeah we can afford one more mistake but I'm not comfortable making that assumption.

I think I agree with everyone that the best way to play today is to assume LYLO. Still, I'm more convinced of a reality where Probst was scum than the alternative and am struggling to think of two living players that make sense as scum together.

Would like to hear more from Somber.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this thread fell to page 2 for me and i missed it!

yeah, i think asiina called it exactly, i wasn't under pressure d2 so i didn't care as much. also i was completely neglecting my job when i attempted to post at deadline d1 and i didn't want to do it again. this week has been nuts.

my initial reaction is that, yeah, qpq is scum. that fits with my initial impression and it's easier to go along with the thread consensus.

i typed up an asiina case here but i'm kind of talking myself out of it. will reread the day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i meant tobbs re: who called it, not asiina sorry.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it feels likely to assume that we are at lylo but if we allow fear to inform our decisions we will probably make bad ones.

either we've got at least one scum or the scum team is two of asiina/flerp/tobbs in which case we're hosed anyway because none of those will happen.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
my #1 lynch pick is qpq, my #2 is asiina. can i get similar reads from those who haven't voiced their secondary picks?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

Maybe I missed it (phone posting), but what about our interactions lead you to this?

Or have you found both independently scummy?

Both independent because in a flipless game basing reads off connections to others is bad. That said I was reading back and you made a really poorly justified vote on Somber when Probst was gaining momentum, so that could have been trying to save him. I'm not basing my case on that but you two being scum together is not an incompatible option.

I'm busy the rest of the morning but will be back mid afternoon.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (5): Asiina, flerp, QuoProQuid, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed

With 5 people left in the Room, it takes 3 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 14th, 2017 at 5 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 7 hours.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

Both independent because in a flipless game basing reads off connections to others is bad. That said I was reading back and you made a really poorly justified vote on Somber when Probst was gaining momentum, so that could have been trying to save him. I'm not basing my case on that but you two being scum together is not an incompatible option.

I'm busy the rest of the morning but will be back mid afternoon.

Why would scum flip to a vote against their partner at -2 with less than 20 minutes remaining?

Podima posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (3): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, QuoProQuid
gif Probst (3): Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza
QuoProQuid (1): flerp, gif Probst, Somberbrero, flerp, gif Probst
Jamuraan (1): gif Probst
Hal Incandenza (0): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, Tobbs Gnawed, PMush Perfect, Tobbs Gnawed, Jamuraan
Tobbs Gnawed (0): PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza, PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): flerp

With 9 people left in the Room, it takes 5 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 20 minutes.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

If you think I'm scummy on my own merits, fine. However, arguing that "you two [probst and QPQ] being scum together is not an incompatible option" requires either a bizarro gambit that makes it harder for scum to actually win.

Probst's death was not an inevitable outcome. You seem focused on the certainty of his guilt at the exclusion of other alternative hypotheses.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Somberbrero posted:

my #1 lynch pick is qpq, my #2 is asiina. can i get similar reads from those who haven't voiced their secondary picks?

1.) Asiina
2.) Somber

The second pick seems increasingly unlikely to me. I can accept if people want to lynch me, but Asiina should be targeted tomorrow (unless I am completely off-base with my understanding of the game and we are actually at LYLO)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote qpq sorry man

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Somberbrero posted:

##vote qpq sorry man

I think we've got it right today.

##vote qpq

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I think this is the right thing to do.

##vote QPQ

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

Final Votecount for Day 3

QuoProQuid (3): Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina

Not Voting (2): flerp, QuoProQuid

With 5 people left in the Room, it took 3 votes to expel someone.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is the right choice.
At least, that's what you keep telling yourself.

They have to be a traitor.
But if they're not...

The Room shakes, and they are gone.
You can't remember if they screamed.

QuoProQuid was expelled on Day 3.
You're still not safe.

You're still not safe.

You're still not safe.

You're still not safe.

Ȳ̪͙̍̎̌̌o̹ũ̥͕̩̲̃̈́̒̐'͎͕̓̍̿ͭͭͣ̚r̮͕̹̬̗̩̮͐ͯͪe̼̣̞̹̬͍̜ ̳s̖̟͍̖͑ͤͣt̘̜̪̗̓͂̊͊ͮ́i͂ͦ̅̊̓l̠̼͉͎̣̣͕ͣͯͫ͂̎̅l̩̮̰̙̣͚ͭ̓̇̇̇ͭ̆ ͉͓̝̰̻̖͚n͓͈̖̳̣̝̻̅͂̍ͭ͌̋oͯͩ̏̇͐t̩̟͙͇̺̝ͮ̒ͬ ̻̜̜̤̳̽ͣ̿̓̋̀͐s̮͍͉ͮ̎̐â̈f̝̘̼͉̠ͬ̒ͧ̈̃̊ͭé̗̤͙̹.̰̟̝̒ͦ̌

flerp (Jailer) and Somberbrero (Vanilla) are endgamed erased.

The Room ends in a Room-Aligned victory for Asiina (Roleblocker) and Tobbs Gnawed (Goon)!

Mod Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oyPyEthnih1q1D65YgmnlpR1UqA8uElZ_b-_w_dNZ5A/edit?usp=sharing
Scum Chat: https://discord.gg/8zNMxWC

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
rip

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay team!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As always, thank you all for playing! This was a tough game for town - flipless games always put more of a burden on town, and scum was able to nail down the setup after Night 1 when a roleblock failed (but, notably, not a kill). That being said, there was a decent amount of activity throughout most of the game, which I always appreciate!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay I was right about this being Hal making a universal backup breadcrumb!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah pretty sure none of that was a breadcrumb

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Wheee

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh also thanks to the power role/scum for getting their actions in pretty much instantaneously each night. Super nice when that happens.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Podima posted:

Oh also thanks to the power role/scum for getting their actions in pretty much instantaneously each night. Super nice when that happens.

always

thanks for modding. flipless games are interesting, want to try out more of them tbh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

As always, thank you all for playing! This was a tough game for town - flipless games always put more of a burden on town, and scum was able to nail down the setup after Night 1 when a roleblock failed (but, notably, not a kill). That being said, there was a decent amount of activity throughout most of the game, which I always appreciate!

Yeah realizing it was a jailer and backup meant that with no cop and no tracker Tobbs and I could straight up defend each other and it never really come back to bite us.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

flerp posted:

thanks for modding. flipless games are interesting, want to try out more of them tbh

They are! I think that setups need to be sliiiiiiiiiightly tilted in town's favor (in terms of roles) to balance out flipless heavily favoring scum, though. I thought using a semi-open setup would help with that, but it ended up being much more of a boon for scum in the end.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

drat.

very well done

kind of wish i hadnt played such a trash game on d2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Dang, good game.

• Locked thread