Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hate-Senpai posted:

Probably something about his super mode, Ohma himself said he was taking out an advance when he used it against Jun, so it's probably killing him.

Yeah I just took that as the standard "super mode burning out your life force!" shonen thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Since the Niko style is all about body control and you get that thoom thoom thoom sound effect whenever Ohma uses it, I imagine its something dumb but shounen-y like overclocking your heart to increase circulation that puts deadly stress on his body or smth

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So it's Gear 2nd from One Piece.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I appreciate that Adam Dudley and Guile seem to have heard of one another. Also that every Kengan character's reaction to seeing a Hadoken is 'What the gently caress was that?'

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Rangpur posted:

I appreciate that Adam Dudley and Guile seem to have heard of one another. Also that every Kengan character's reaction to seeing a Hadoken is 'What the gently caress was that?'

I like that Ryu had cool down frames.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter

Kissmanga - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-011-Ch-082?id=387094

Batoto - https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/kengan-asura-r15089

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

What a vicious pose of a man out for blood.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

uh oh someone's getting their rear end kicked

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man Ohma is gonna get hosed up next round.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man this was a really good chapter, I really liked imagination NIko pointing out that the advance isn't very useful against people like Sekibayashi, who didn't take much damage from it.

Also wow, a new plot thread about who this advance teaching dude is. I'm hyped.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hate-Senpai posted:

Man this was a really good chapter, I really liked imagination NIko pointing out that the advance isn't very useful against people like Sekibayashi, who didn't take much damage from it.

Also wow, a new plot thread about who this advance teaching dude is. I'm hyped.

Maybe it's a kure guy and his super mode is actually the same as theirs.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Also i like how calling it an "Advance" pretty much clinches that it is, as predicted by people itt, an advance on one's life force.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
He'll overcome it when he learns to properly go super saiyan. Kazuo taught him the advance technique.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Begemot posted:

Maybe it's a kure guy and his super mode is actually the same as theirs.

Kure's Removal seems to be different, like, Kazuo thinks that there's something that sets it apart.

It's a shame we never got to see Kure Raian watch Ouma's match, or Ouma watch Raian's match, cause we could have seen them react to their respective transformations.

But the Removal doesn't seem to really have any drawbacks as far as we know.

I guess it could be a bastardized version of the Kure's Removal?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It was hosed up of Kazuo to teach Ohma Advance as part of his grand master plan.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ohma's a pretty young guy, so it is entirely possible that whoever taught him advance is in the tournament.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ohma's a pretty young guy, so it is entirely possible that whoever taught him advance is in the tournament.

Adam Dudley was actually playing the long game, getting eliminated early to put him in a better place to properly assist his double agent fighter from the shadows.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm stunned that Ohma would ever forget anyone who taught him a fighting technique that he used regularly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's confused about it too. ohma having an unreliable memory hasn't come up before now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RareAcumen posted:

I'm stunned that Ohma would ever forget anyone who taught him a fighting technique that he used regularly.

Maybe it's some martial arts memory manipulation bullshit.

Aug 24, 2011

RatHat posted:

how do you think kazuo convinces people he's harmless

of course, his unrivalled bloodlust is too strong to be hidden by such tricks

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

if only ohma paid attention, he would see the flawless water-kata technique in front of his own eyes

Aug 24, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

if only ohma paid attention, he would see the flawless water-kata technique in front of his own eyes

kazuo pulls his face off to reveal niko, who pulls his face off to reveal kazuo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's confused about it too. ohma having an unreliable memory hasn't come up before now.

He must've got a concussion when Jun suplexed him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
that was a really good chapter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm starting to think ohma isn't going to win the tournament though

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

i'm starting to think ohma isn't going to win the tournament though

That's because Kazuo is going to win the tournament.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I think from this chapter we see that ohma is going to get to at least the semi finals.
Clearly he masters the water kata vs submission boy

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

RatHat posted:

More likely trauma-related memory loss. Once you cast doubt on Ohma's recollection of events, it changes the context of everything we've seen him recall. Kiryu, of all people, is now a more reliable source. What does he recall? Well, we know at some undefined point in the past, Ohma (probably using 'Advance') beat the everloving poo poo out of him. We also know that Kiryu killed his own master. What we haven't seen from him is a memory of his master killing Ohma's master (i.e., how Ohma's unreliable memory recalls events).

There's a pretty strong implication at this point that Ohma killed Niko himself, albeit with enough wiggle room in the plotting that it may yet be another fake-out. For one thing, even within Ohma's limited understanding of his teacher's capabilities, 'The tecnique formerly known as Advance' was insufficient to defeat him.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
I started reading this manga yesterday evening and holy poo poo it's so good that I stayed up til 2 am and ended catching up with the english scans. Do you guys know how many volumes are published in Japan?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

I Love Annie May posted:

I started reading this manga yesterday evening and holy poo poo it's so good that I stayed up til 2 am and ended catching up with the english scans. Do you guys know how many volumes are published in Japan?

A lot.

I recall the Vietnamese scans (which show up readily when looking for the raws) go up to around Chapter 220.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Saw Paing is Highly Excitable

I'm guessing next week is learning more about fishing dude, and then the chapter after that is the actual match starting.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well, I guess this answers the question of who was on Hayami's side.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

can't believe ohma died on the way to his home planet

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Two chapters of backstory is such blueballing after the last amazing fight and with this release schedule god dammit

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still think Sakamoto can win this.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

If they ever make an anime of it, Asta's VA from Black Clover is going to be a top pick to voice Saw Paing.

I'm bummed we didn't get into giant fishing grandpa's fight yet, and more bummed it's supposedly a fixed match. Series has surprised me before though, so I'm inclined to let it ride.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Wasn't there suppose to be an anime? I thought I read somewhere there were at least plans for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

It won a vote the magazine ran a couple years back, but those aren't legally binding so :v:

(there was another fairly popular series running in the same magazine that did get one though, so I wouldn't rule it out even though the odds of a theoretical anime making it to this point in the series are... remote)