Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Anyone have a recommendation for a Joycon charging stand? There are tons on Amazon and they all get about the same reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a Joycon charging stand? There are tons on Amazon and they all get about the same reviews.

I went with a Nyko Charge Block, seems to be pretty good. You can clip them together in pairs, if you want to do 4 sets at a time, even.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Won an amateur MK8D tourney at a local comic-con today (Shatner was the headliner). :feelsgood:

The swag included a copy of the game... which I already own. :rolleyes:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Good thing I didn't buy a Pro controller right off the bat; so far the dogface setup (I dunno what it's called officially) is more comfortable than I expected. I haven't tried playing with just one of the joycons though.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
MK8D is the only game that's caused me to wish I had bought a pro controller - something about holding A and tapping R throughout 4 races gives me a hand cramp, regardless of how the joy cons are configured.

I can't get used to the auto-accelerate either

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

We all had to use a single Joy-con each. Despite owning mine since mid-May, I've never used one like that.
drat, did my hand cramp something fierce, and those micro shoulder buttons are stupid stiff. We didn't even have the extenders.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

What's the likelihood of an alternate color being released for the Pro Controller? I want a second one but would like one with more personality than the standard grey model I already have.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

MK8D is the only game that's caused me to wish I had bought a pro controller - something about holding A and tapping R throughout 4 races gives me a hand cramp, regardless of how the joy cons are configured.

I can't get used to the auto-accelerate either
Joy-con grip is my preferred way to play MK8D, and I don't think I can make myself get used to Pro Controller anymore (I think the analog stick is too tall for the way I drive). I also use Y to accelerate, so I have easy access to B for drift braking.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

just rust posted:

What's the likelihood of an alternate color being released for the Pro Controller? I want a second one but would like one with more personality than the standard grey model I already have.

I think xenoblade has one coming out

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

just rust posted:

There are alternate colors for two special edition pro controllers already, so pretty solid odds

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Okay I didn't know the Splatoon and Xenoblade ones existed so I didn't look hard enough before asking. I was meaning more like a regular rear end red version of the controller or something along those lines, not a limited edition tie-in that will cost me $100.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

just rust posted:

Okay I didn't know the Splatoon and Xenoblade ones existed so I didn't look hard enough before asking. I was meaning more like a regular rear end red version of the controller or something along those lines, not a limited edition tie-in that will cost me $100.

Probably pretty low, considering the WiiU Pro Controller didn't have any alternate colours.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The most reliable predictor of whether I'm going to win a match is if people respond to my start-of-match Booyah!

I can get up to Champion during these Splatfests, y'all who go all the way have patience that I don't have

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I love how calmly Hotaru blocks with her umbrella if you try to ink her.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

So what with Nintendo's "sexy games are a-ok" policy, I'm waiting for the inevitable monochromatic Splatoon reskin.:gizz:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They already had a mayo Splatfest and the team colors are based on the thing they represent so

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Thinking about getting a switch for me and another for my kid(s). Am I correct that Nintendo bungled digital distribution such that any game I want to share I should get a physical copy of and share the cart, but anything like Mario Kart I should just get two digital copies of so we can play local multiplayer easily?

Is there a good approved SDXC card?

Is it worth setting up a “child” Nintendo online account, or just make two accounts and restrict one? Can a child account even BE the primary account on a switch?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Thinking about getting a switch for me and another for my kid(s). Am I correct that Nintendo bungled digital distribution such that any game I want to share I should get a physical copy of and share the cart, but anything like Mario Kart I should just get two digital copies of so we can play local multiplayer easily?

Is there a good approved SDXC card?

Is it worth setting up a “child” Nintendo online account, or just make two accounts and restrict one? Can a child account even BE the primary account on a switch?

It has split-screen for local up to four players (2 @ 60fps, 3+ @ 30fps). When it comes to unlocks though, it's based on the current profile.
And they're random. What your kids unlock on their account, won't show up if you're hosting on your account, unless you unlocked them too.

And pretty much any Samsung Evo (+/Select/etc.) class card will kick rear end. I grabbed a 128 for... USD $45 bucks? Somewhere around there.
You'll want separate accounts for Zelda if nothing else, since it's only one save file per difficulty per profile.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 15, 2017

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

It has split-screen for local up to four players (2 @ 60fps, 3+ @ 30fps). When it comes to unlocks though, it's based on the current profile.
And they're random. What your kids unlock on their account, won't show up if you're hosting on your account, unless you unlocked them too.

And pretty much any Samsung Evo (+/Select/etc.) class card will kick rear end. I grabbed a 128 for... USD $45 bucks? Somewhere around there.
You'll want separate accounts for Zelda if nothing else, since it's only one save file per difficulty per profile.

Thanks. I travel frequently for work, and the ability to take one switch and leave one with the kids was part of the thought process. Maybe I just get the kids one and borrow it for Mario and whatever.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Guy Goodbody posted:

In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 you won't have to use that hotpants girl all the time, there are different swords.

why she has two horses on head?????

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Kewpuh posted:

Its called Okami and her dads the scarecrow from OZ

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It looks like she is using two electric plugs as weapons.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is mario up for preorder yet in eshop? Id check but switch is over there and ya know

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yeah go for it man

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I tried and you cant pay for it, just wishlist. Thanks for lying.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

PantsBandit posted:

What are people's thoughts on Mario x Rabbids? It sounds intriguing, mostly because of the aesthetic around it. However it feels like the luster wears off for people pretty quickly, and that the back half of the game is frustrating due to the limitations in the mechanics. Am I right in this?

Lol

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kewpuh posted:

why do you have Kamek by your name?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

PantsBandit posted:

What are people's thoughts on Mario x Rabbids? It sounds intriguing, mostly because of the aesthetic around it. However it feels like the luster wears off for people pretty quickly, and that the back half of the game is frustrating due to the limitations in the mechanics. Am I right in this?

The game is so good that it kind of makes me a little angry??

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Speaking of Switch joycon connectivity issues, mine find the system just find but as soon as a stiff breeze comes between the console and the joycons, they lose connectivity for a second. Is this not normal?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mister Facetious posted:

Won an amateur MK8D tourney at a local comic-con today (Shatner was the headliner). :feelsgood:

The swag included a copy of the game... which I already own. :rolleyes:

Well, if you're willing to let go of it for significantly below msrp...

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

Speaking of Switch joycon connectivity issues, mine find the system just find but as soon as a stiff breeze comes between the console and the joycons, they lose connectivity for a second. Is this not normal?

That is not at all normal. Mine and a friend's both work fine long as you're in the same room as the Switch, I can almost be in another room before it gets touchy.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Glad to hear some other people prefer using the joycon grip controller to the pro, I was given the splatoon pro controller as a gift and I just suck at everything when I use it! I think it's because before the switch I mainly played 3ds so I am better with the smaller analogue sticks and buttons.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's happening the fighting game from Arc System Works we've been waiting is finally coming to the Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGY-JDYidlY

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tempted to pick this up on my way home. Any suggestions for a screen protector, if it’s necessary?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

Tempted to pick this up on my way home. Any suggestions for a screen protector, if it’s necessary?

It is necessary, and it’s necessary to get a glass one, both from a protection standpoint, a feel standpoint, and a color standpoint. The glass protectors make the screen much more iPhone-like to interact with, rather than “first gen plastic-screen smartphone”. They also make the colors pop a decent amount more, as the glass protector makes it much more glossy. Finally, it’s a plastic screen, so it will scratch and glass won’t.

So yes, buy one. Ideally one that comes with two protectors in case you mess it up.

This is the Switch Thread Approved™ model: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

PantsBandit posted:

I really don’t like the open world puzzle stuff. That’s my only real gripe.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

I have the amFilm one that the thread recommends and it is real good.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

This sounds like the connection problem. Call Nintendo, they fix it quickly and easily.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

I picked this one up in Best Buy while grabbing the Switch. It was super easy to apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I really don’t like the open world puzzle stuff. That’s my only real gripe.
And they definitely get more annoying as the game goes on, leading to that back half slump.

• Locked thread